• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This dev is making another crappy Legend while i lose to a silent footstep bug for the 1000th time lol, pathetic.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
SPOILER?
Supposedly:
-passive is seeing enemies health bars and maybe immune to stun
-ability is sonar grenade, can scan like Bloodhound
-ult is being stationary and spewing a steam that takes out health
I'll eat a proverbial shoe if this pans out. It's about as legit as the "drop a Titan" ultimate that "leaked" before Valk landed.
Plus this was supposed to be about a robot legend or something.
But a) none of this involves his heart, eyes or moths, and in general b) I cannot imagine an ultimate in a game that so heavily relies on movement to force you to become stationary. It would take some miracle game design to make that work well, and be fun to use and fight against.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Apex is so crazy sometimes. I just got my 5th solo win in a row in ranked. Definitely a personal record. Going to see if I can keep this streak going tomorrow. The last 2 wins were classic "holy shit how did we survive that?" scenarios where it was final circle closing in with 4 squads throwing ults. Total war of attrition. I also had to Respawn both my teammates in both games in the later rounds which made it even more nuts that we won.

Anyways, I'm noticing maybe I don't suck quite as bad as I thought? Or maybe this is just truly good luck? Who knows. But as I'm climbing through plat I'm definitely noticing I'm playing with better squads. Not great - but just better. As long as my teammates possess a modicum of shooting ability and knowledge about positioning then I, in turn, end up playing better and have more success. This seems super obvious but I was never someone who was going to carry a team or pull off 1v3 squad wipes so I just need both my teammates to not make 100% stupid moves (maybe 70% stupid?) and I think I can finally climb to Diamond this season.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Would allow you to prioritize who to engage first a lot better, that's for sure. Probably not amazing for pros/streamers because they communicate so effectively but will be very useful for pubs.

I imagine that even for pros it would be helpful if they still haven't engaged in battle. I will probably get a lot of complaints because it'll help third partying

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Anyone else have unplayable stuttering happening on the PC version of the game? My girlfriend's game has been acting up for days, while everything else on her system plays great. And its been playing fine for me on PS5.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

I've never heard of Rogue. Saw this garbage and decided to watch his stream just to get a sense of his vibe.

It was like watching paint dry. Zero personality. Got melted by every squad in predator too.

This dude doesn't even remotely hold a candle to Wigg or Timmy. Not even close.

I, uh...what? That's unbelievably petty behavior from him. And he did that, thought "GREAT CONTENT, BRO!" and clipped it and put it on TikTok and everything.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

I've never heard of Rogue. Saw this garbage and decided to watch his stream just to get a sense of his vibe.

It was like watching paint dry. Zero personality. Got melted by every squad in predator too.

I hope this gets enough traction that NRG gets rid of him. He's been like this for a long time now.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He had a whine thread the other day about Rev that goes about how you'd expect considering the clip.

The second tweet where he literally calls out the IQ level of people playing the character is just...such a ridiculously inflated ego.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
These people complaining about Revenant reminds me of OW players complaining about Brigitte. It was sad and pathetic in that game and it's just as sad and pathetic in this game too.

Hope Respawn doesn't go the way of Blizzard and nerf him into the ground just to appease a few streamers.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
These people complaining about Revenant reminds me of OW players complaining about Brigitte. It was sad and pathetic in that game and it's just as sad and pathetic in this game too.

Hope Respawn doesn't go the way of Blizzard and nerf him into the ground just to appease a few streamers.

It's going to happen, isn't it? *sigh*

That would suck, I've been having so much fun with him since the patch. I've legit got almost as many kills and wins with him in a few weeks as I have in like 3-4 seasons of playing Bloodhound (I'm not good and also play maybe 2-3 times a week, but still).

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only dude I can watch is Shiv. I had NRG Sweet on in the background yesterday and he raged quit on his three-stack, talked mad shit about them being awful, then queued back in and said his PC crashed. It was jarring considering he's usually a chill dude. I saw Shiv lose an early round of the tourney, and Zip and Diff were arguing after the game and Shiv was just chilling like he already moved on.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Any streamers out there that don't do the constant animation fukkery with heirlooms? Makes shit hard to watch.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

I randomly put on this dude once maybe a week ago and both his chat and him seemed to be kinda annoying and uninteresting. Only watched him that one time and didn't really think of him again. What an asshole.

The only dude I can watch is Shiv. I had NRG Sweet on in the background yesterday and he raged quit on his three-stack, talked mad shit about them being awful, then queued back in and said his PC crashed. It was jarring considering he's usually a chill dude. I saw Shiv lose an early round of the tourney, and Zip and Diff were arguing after the game and Shiv was just chilling like he already moved on.

I've watched Sweet once or twice, but he always comes across as kind of conceited and cocky, albeit in a low key/energy sort of way.

Shiv seems really cool, but the whole text-to-speech thing that his fans use to spam dumb shit gets really annoying to me. I'd watch him a lot more if that wasn't the case.

NiceWigg is pretty great though, and I got turned onto him from this thread.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Care-package lands

Team-mate 1: Anyone want the kraber
Team-mate 2: No
Me: I'm shit with the crab
Team-mate 1: I am also shit with it

Man goes on to get an 8 kill spree with it. Incredible game.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Arenas matchmaking is so dumb.

9/10 games as a duo we get a default skin level 2 teammate, the enemies are almost never all Preds but none of them are ever low level. Our level 2 will shoot their gun in the buying area, phase into the enemies, get 0 knocks and 0 assists every time. So it's a 2vs3 every single round and it's so exhausting. I don't know where the matchmaking pulls these brand new players from but I'm not exaggerating that it's almost every single duos game. We'd never get ran over 3-0 but we'd lose even though the two of us do more damage then the three enemies combined, just because there's more of them so they can freely Lifeline or bubble res etc... We're just set to lose every match unless we play every 2vs3 absolutely perfectly, it's so incredibly unfair.

On the other hand, played with a full team tonight and went on a 11 win streak. All the enemies were either Preds or really good and it was always super close, but in 11 games we faced off three different teams two times in a row. Won the rematches too so that felt good, but the matchmaking time is so crazy long at over one or two minutes just to get the same exact team, and that happened three times in one session? Another set of arena challenges just started but you'd think there's 15 people playing arenas on console as we keep fighting the same exact players. But nah, it's just the rigged Apex Legends matchmaking.

If we ever got one of those enemy squads that we get as a duo with a level 2, they would get run over every single time. But arenas is either struggle with an actually useless default skin random or fight the same sweats as a full squad. :')

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I haven't played arena since the last Arena Flash Event and the current economy is taking some time to get used to. It's sad that a 6x doesn't come with sniper rifles by default anymore. Understandable but sad.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
He had a whine thread the other day about Rev that goes about how you'd expect considering the clip.

The second tweet where he literally calls out the IQ level of people playing the character is just...such a ridiculously inflated ego.

Ah right, that guy. Yeah that's some scrub quotes quality posting and his clip was some headass shit too.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Arenas matchmaking is so dumb.

9/10 games as a duo we get a default skin level 2 teammate, the enemies are almost never all Preds but none of them are ever low level. Our level 2 will shoot their gun in the buying area, phase into the enemies, get 0 knocks and 0 assists every time. So it's a 2vs3 every single round and it's so exhausting. I don't know where the matchmaking pulls these brand new players from but I'm not exaggerating that it's almost every single duos game. We'd never get ran over 3-0 but we'd lose even though the two of us do more damage then the three enemies combined, just because there's more of them so they can freely Lifeline or bubble res etc... We're just set to lose every match unless we play every 2vs3 absolutely perfectly, it's so incredibly unfair.

On the other hand, played with a full team tonight and went on a 11 win streak. All the enemies were either Preds or really good and it was always super close, but in 11 games we faced off three different teams two times in a row. Won the rematches too so that felt good, but the matchmaking time is so crazy long at over one or two minutes just to get the same exact team, and that happened three times in one session? Another set of arena challenges just started but you'd think there's 15 people playing arenas on console as we keep fighting the same exact players. But nah, it's just the rigged Apex Legends matchmaking.

If we ever got one of those enemy squads that we get as a duo with a level 2, they would get run over every single time. But arenas is either struggle with an actually useless default skin random or fight the same sweats as a full squad. :')

Yep.

It also takes like, 5 minutes in queue sometimes to find me a level 2 lifeline to play with. Like for christs sake, why are you clearly deliberately doing this to us Respawn? It's clearly actively searching out these players, it's no coincidence. It's holding up my matchmaking until these people become available.

And yeah, when you 3 stack it gets really sweaty. The problem with that is that even if my team mates aren't sweaty, it seems to scale off the highest only, so I can be playing with a friend with a 1.0 KDR and we'll be against a full pred stack. That's not a lot of fun, and as you say, it can put you in the same match against them again and again... infinitely I think. There's no matchmaking protection that stops them being your next opponent, so you have the same odds every time, which are pretty high depending on how many people are searching and considered to be in your skill bracket.

Overall I'd say arenas matchmaking is a complete mess.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Yep.

It also takes like, 5 minutes in queue sometimes to find me a level 2 lifeline to play with. Like for christs sake, why are you clearly deliberately doing this to us Respawn? It's clearly actively searching out these players, it's no coincidence. It's holding up my matchmaking until these people become available.

And yeah, when you 3 stack it gets really sweaty. The problem with that is that even if my team mates aren't sweaty, it seems to scale off the highest only, so I can be playing with a friend with a 1.0 KDR and we'll be against a full pred stack. That's not a lot of fun, and as you say, it can put you in the same match against them again and again... infinitely I think. There's no matchmaking protection that stops them being your next opponent, so you have the same odds every time, which are pretty high depending on how many people are searching and considered to be in your skill bracket.

Overall I'd say arenas matchmaking is a complete mess.

Well the max I had the same arenas enemies was two times in a row, but with three different teams just tonight. More then twice in a row would be bonkers.

I also remember a few weeks ago when I was soloing, my duo teammates in one game would be my enemies in the next and the same thing happened with a different duo in that same session. I'm sure arenas isn't super popular but the console population between two platforms would have to be more then big enough to not keep seeing the same people, if it wasn't for the ridiculous matchmaking...

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Well the max I had the same arenas enemies was two times in a row, but with three different teams just tonight. More then twice in a row would be bonkers.

I also remember a few weeks ago when I was soloing, my duo teammates in one game would be my enemies in the next and the same thing happened with a different duo in that same session. I'm sure arenas isn't super popular but the console population between two platforms would have to be more then big enough to not keep seeing the same people, if it wasn't for the ridiculous matchmaking...

I was hypothesising how many players might be playing the game recently. If 0.2% of players across all platforms are pred, which is 2250 players, then that's 1,125000 total for a ranked split. Supposedly those stats don't include folks who play for less than 5 hours in a split. That doesn't tell you how many people are playing the game overall, or at any one time, but those numbers appear very healthy.

Who knows how many people play arenas though. Maybe folks really don't like it. But there are a fair number of incentives to play it right now. Personally I think arenas are fine, but they're a huge missed opportunity and do not fill the gap that this game is missing overall.

Give me a 5 vs 5, hero shooter that focuses on gunplay instead of abilities (like the anti-overwatch, if that makes any sense).

Ah right, that guy. Yeah that's some scrub quotes quality posting and his clip was some headass shit too.

Obviously he's exagerating for effect there, but Rev is a huge problem with the game right now. He's not 'meta' as far as ALGs goes, but Rev and Rev players do ruin ranked play. They enable pushes that wouldn't otherwise happen (not just occasionally, but all the time). They prelong engagements with other team, encouraging third parties, and very rarely, is the Rev team the team that gets punished.

It's because of how the Rev totem works. Rev typically plays with Octane, so they make a push with very little risk from 120 ish meters away. If a team push in to third (which is mostly all players are looking for in ranked) then it's the team that got attacked by the Rev team that are punished (because the Rev team simply teleport away). So, just by being attacked by a Revenent you are penalised.

Unlike a real engagement (with players who are not using totem), you can reset them but you get nothing out of it, there's no KP to be won, no box to loot to refresh ammo, shields or heals. The Revenant teams decision to push you places you in a position where you are made vulnerable and lose resources, and there's no potential benefit. It just sucks to be pushed by Rev.

At the same time, if the totem using team score a single knock, they will usually win the engagement (because when they return, they'll be pushing into a 3 vs 2). So there's a huge benefit to making these pushes to them.

Rev really just spoils the engagement for everyone, including his own team. Because if they die, there's usually nothing they can do, or could have done about it (other than not used his totem at all).

That's the big problem with it really, Rev totems do carry some risk to them, but that risk isn't distributed to the team being pushed, it's the team that rocks up and spots a Rev totem that ends up being the biggest beneficiary. That's why Revenant is not used at the highest level of competitive play, but at these levels, in ranked, it provides an avenue in which people can play the game without thinking. Even those risks to other teams, are often very difficult to anticipate and therefore, it feels like mere bad luck when a Rev team dies like that.

In my opinion, he's a poorly designed character and worked against the competitive elements of the game. He needs a complete rework. Not a range nerf or an adjustment (it's likely any meaningful adjustment would just relegate him to a useless status, such as if you re-introduced the range limit).

Last edited:

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
#434 pred and climbing, it's been a decent split so far. I've been enjoying ranked a lot, even if there is a plethora of teamers lately. I'm kinda happy Respawn have figured out the DDoSing though. It doesn't seem to be as common right now at all.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Anyone else have unplayable stuttering happening on the PC version of the game? My girlfriend's game has been acting up for days, while everything else on her system plays great. And its been playing fine for me on PS5.

Happening on all my versions right now. Could be my internet, however it's a non-issue when I turn off crossplay.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Been having mass disconnections from arenas games where everyone in the match is affected and it's driving me nuts. It's a code:net error. Is this a DDOS, or something else? Happened a few times this week now

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I was hypothesising how many players might be playing the game recently. If 0.2% of players across all platforms are pred, which is 2250 players, then that's 1,125000 total for a ranked split. Supposedly those stats don't include folks who play for less than 5 hours in a split. That doesn't tell you how many people are playing the game overall, or at any one time, but those numbers appear very healthy.

Who knows how many people play arenas though. Maybe folks really don't like it. But there are a fair number of incentives to play it right now. Personally I think arenas are fine, but they're a huge missed opportunity and do not fill the gap that this game is missing overall.

Give me a 5 vs 5, hero shooter that focuses on gunplay instead of abilities (like the anti-overwatch, if that makes any sense).

Obviously he's exagerating for effect there, but Rev is a huge problem with the game right now. He's not 'meta' as far as ALGs goes, but Rev and Rev players do ruin ranked play. They enable pushes that wouldn't otherwise happen (not just occasionally, but all the time). They prelong engagements with other team, encouraging third parties, and very rarely, is the Rev team the team that gets punished.

It's because of how the Rev totem works. Rev typically plays with Octane, so they make a push with very little risk from 120 ish meters away. If a team push in to third (which is mostly all players are looking for in ranked) then it's the team that got attacked by the Rev team that are punished (because the Rev team simply teleport away). So, just by being attacked by a Revenent you are penalised.

Unlike a real engagement (with players who are not using totem), you can reset them but you get nothing out of it, there's no KP to be won, no box to loot to refresh ammo, shields or heals. The Revenant teams decision to push you places you in a position where you are made vulnerable and lose resources, and there's no potential benefit. It just sucks to be pushed by Rev.

At the same time, if the totem using team score a single knock, they will usually win the engagement (because when they return, they'll be pushing into a 3 vs 2). So there's a huge benefit to making these pushes to them.

Rev really just spoils the engagement for everyone, including his own team. Because if they die, there's usually nothing they can do, or could have done about it (other than not used his totem at all).

That's the big problem with it really, Rev totems do carry some risk to them, but that risk isn't distributed to the team being pushed, it's the team that rocks up and spots a Rev totem that ends up being the biggest beneficiary. That's why Revenant is not used at the highest level of competitive play, but at these levels, in ranked, it provides an avenue in which people can play the game without thinking. Even those risks to other teams, are often very difficult to anticipate and therefore, it feels like mere bad luck when a Rev team dies like that.

In my opinion, he's a poorly designed character and worked against the competitive elements of the game. He needs a complete rework. Not a range nerf or an adjustment (it's likely any meaningful adjustment would just relegate him to a useless status, such as if you re-introduced the range limit).

The most broken team composition is Bloodhound, Octane and Rev in my opinion. And you see this comp everywhere now. If you have all 3 ulting at the same time it's just really hard to counter. I've had some success in Plat by ulting with Mirage at the exact time I hear a Bloodhound ult and it does help a bit when these comps push.

Maybe they need to add a visual indicator of some kind as to exactly where the Rev totem is to balance it. Some sort of beacon that goes straight up into the air and everyone nearby and around can see it. Everyone else's ults are straight forward and have visual indicators except his. You can hear his totem (although I'd make it even louder).

The other thing is that his silence is way too OP as well. He can block doors better than Caustic, Wattson and Rampart. And it lasts like 30 seconds which is insanely long.

Thank god they didn't give him that perk where he could crawl up walls infinitely. He'd just be the most OP thing in the game at that point.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The most broken team composition is Bloodhound, Octane and Rev in my opinion. And you see this comp everywhere now. If you have all 3 ulting at the same time it's just really hard to counter. I've had some success in Plat by ulting with Mirage at the exact time I hear a Bloodhound ult and it does help a bit when these comps push.

Maybe they need to add a visual indicator of some kind as to exactly where the Rev totem is to balance it. Some sort of beacon that goes straight up into the air and everyone nearby and around can see it. Everyone else's ults are straight forward and have visual indicators except his. You can hear his totem (although I'd make it even louder).

The other thing is that his silence is way too OP as well. He can block doors better than Caustic, Wattson and Rampart. And it lasts like 30 seconds which is insanely long.

Thank god they didn't give him that perk where he could crawl up walls infinitely. He'd just be the most OP thing in the game at that point.

If it provides a beacon that goes up in the air it's just going to be annoying as heck to use. It's just going to result in more risk for the Rev with teams spontanously running up behind you and camping the totem, but the problem is that risk can't be mediated in any meaningful way. It'll just make Rev frustrating to play, and people will stop playing him.

In theory if you place more risk on the totem then you could strategise around that, for instance by making it so that one of your team stays back at the totem position while it's being used, but the reality is that that won't actually matter because any team with the right mind will seek out the totem either way as it means that either a) a whole team is going to be reset back to it or b) it's being guarded by one player who you can rush for a 1 vs 3.

The totem needs to be hidden for Rev to work as a character. If it screams ('third party opportunity') to every team in 100 meters, then you'll see teams stop playing Rev.

Instead, one approach to rebalancing the character would be to introduce something that makes it so that the team that successfully defend a Rev push benefits for doing so. Something that rebalances the scenario so at least a proportion of the risk associated with a totem play is distributed in such a way that the team being disadvantaged (attacked) can be the beneficiary if they successfully reset all 3 Revenants. So for instance either...
  • Reducing the health that reset totem players have (from 50 to 25) could provide a substantial enough advantage that the team defending could take momentum and form their own offensive with an advantage
  • Making it so that the people reset have a slow animation that shows them visually returning to the totem could help inform the defending team where the attack is coming from
Those changes help distribute the risk in a way that feels fairer. However, they don't address the fact that Revenant totems still enable literally insane pushes that regardless of whether they end up successfully wiping the opposing team, severely disadvantage the defending team. For instance, even if the defending team are going to be reset. The fact that you can play in a way where you do not need any regard for your own safety is what makes Revenant so dangerous, because having all 3 players do something like pad at you while throwing arc stars at their own feet makes it nearly impossible to avoid one of your team going knocked (if they arc themselves there's little consequence because they just get reset, if you stay in the arc you take 100 shield minimum, if you run from it, they shoot you in the back). That's just one example, and regardless of how good you are, the scenarios that the ability to disregard their own safety will create, will always feel unfair at times.

A more serious rework could just consider means in which to eliminate the possibility that an entire team can make a unpredictable, reckless push on you at the same time. If for instance, only one player could be using the totem at any one time, it would mean that at least two players on the opposing team would always need to have normal regard for their own safety. That would still give the totem utility, as it would enable a single player to make high-risk plays for free, but the impact of those is diminished by the fact that not all three players could overwhelm anyone at the same time, without taking a risk and putting their actual health on the line (outside of the Rev totem).

So that would be my suggestion as a rework, have it so that only one person can take the totem, and it has 2 total uses and a longer timer till the Revenants are reset (a longer timer would enable more interesting flanks and whatnot, all the current timer does is make Octane synergy essential). That would enable high risk manuevers for a single player, effectively making one of your team a temporary season 1 Wraith player (where they could take big risks, make big flanks and whatnot but instantly phase back to a portal if things got dicey).

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
If it provides a beacon that goes up in the air it's just going to be annoying as heck to use. It's just going to result in more risk for the Rev with teams spontanously running up behind you and camping the totem, but the problem is that risk can't be mediated in any meaningful way. It'll just make Rev frustrating to play, and people will stop playing him.

In theory if you place more risk on the totem then you could strategise around that, for instance by making it so that one of your team stays back at the totem position while it's being used, but the reality is that that won't actually matter because any team with the right mind will seek out the totem either way as it means that either a) a whole team is going to be reset back to it or b) it's being guarded by one player who you can rush for a 1 vs 3.

The totem needs to be hidden for Rev to work as a character. If it screams ('third party opportunity') to every team in 100 meters, then you'll see teams stop playing Rev.

Instead, one approach to rebalancing the character would be to introduce something that makes it so that the team that successfully defend a Rev push benefits for doing so. Something that rebalances the scenario so at least a proportion of the risk associated with a totem play is distributed in such a way that the team being disadvantaged (attacked) can be the beneficiary if they successfully reset all 3 Revenants. So for instance either...
  • Reducing the health that reset totem players have (from 50 to 25) could provide a substantial enough advantage that the team defending could take momentum and form their own offensive with an advantage
  • Making it so that the people reset have a slow animation that shows them visually returning to the totem could help inform the defending team where the attack is coming from
Those changes help distribute the risk in a way that feels fairer. However, they don't address the fact that Revenant totems still enable literally insane pushes that regardless of whether they end up successfully wiping the opposing team, severely disadvantage the defending team. For instance, even if the defending team are going to be reset. The fact that you can play in a way where you do not need any regard for your own safety is what makes Revenant so dangerous, because having all 3 players do something like pad at you while throwing arc stars at their own feet makes it nearly impossible to avoid one of your team going knocked (if they arc themselves there's little consequence because they just get reset, if you stay in the arc you take 100 shield minimum, if you run from it, they shoot you in the back). That's just one example, and regardless of how good you are, the scenarios that the ability to disregard their own safety will create, will always feel unfair at times.

A more serious rework could just consider means in which to eliminate the possibility that an entire team can make a unpredictable, reckless push on you at the same time. If for instance, only one player could be using the totem at any one time, it would mean that at least two players on the opposing team would always need to have normal regard for their own safety. That would still give the totem utility, as it would enable a single player to make high-risk plays for free, but the impact of those is diminished by the fact that not all three players could overwhelm anyone at the same time, without taking a risk and putting their actual health on the line (outside of the Rev totem).

So that would be my suggestion as a rework, have it so that only one person can take the totem, and it has 2 total uses and a longer timer till the Revenants are reset (a longer timer would enable more interesting flanks and whatnot, all the current timer does is make Octane synergy essential). That would enable high risk manuevers for a single player, effectively making one of your team a temporary season 1 Wraith player (where they could take big risks, make big flanks and whatnot but instantly phase back to a portal if things got dicey).

Making the totem only for one person at a time could help. You could also make it have a louder sound effect so A) people could hear it when activated from 250 yards and plan for the push similar to when you hear Bloodhounds ult from far away and B) be able to track the general direction of it too by sound.

I guess my whole point with the beacon or some kind of sonic indicator is that while yes, others would 3rd party the totem if had a visual indicator, it's also the only ultimate in the game that is legit squad wiping when it's played correctly and paired up with Bloodhound and Octane. So maybe the risk should be as high as having it be visible and getting third partied. No other ult in the game has this much pull - maybe Gibby's if you manage to catch people totally off guard and in a small area where they can't escape it. I've had that work for me once and I got a triple kill when I third partied a fight. But even then, Gibby's ult will only damage you a bit and if everyone had full shields it's not going to knock you whereas Rev's ult has the ability to wipe.

There's so many ways to address this, now that I think about it. I mean, in theory the beacon I'm thinking about could be say, 45 feet tall so only people around a general area of the beacon could see it. And maybe it doesn't work in doors since it has a ceiling. I'm theorizing here but you catch my drift. They gotta do something though.

Maybe the answer is to have legends with scanning abilities track the totem. So Crypto's could see where it is and alert people. Every major hero in a game like this - whether it's Overwatch or Apex - needs a hard counter. Maybe that's the simple and easiest answer.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Just repeating myself but today in arenas as a duo: Arena Gods three stack as enemies, the same level 2 teammate next two games, Arena Gods again (backed out), same level 2 teammate. Guess we were two of the ten people that play arenas on console during an arenas specific event. :)

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Arena's matchmaking is really fast in Latam servers. I like it a lot as an alternative to Battle Royale, allows me to play with characters and weapons that feels a bit useless in Battle Royale unless in specific moments (Rampart + Devotion in Arenas is S+ Tier, even in round 1).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I've been running Hemlock+Moz/Eva whenever I play Overflow. The Hemlock is almost always in its effective range, and the shotty handles anyone that gets too close. Been mostly playing as Fuse for the free damage, and the clusters also work wonders for punishing someone taking cover or for when teams are turtled up in the control room.

Love this map, I only queue Arenas when it's on.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
So what started out as helping a friend with some challenges rolled into "Oh we're on a streak and close to 10, let's go for it". Had fun chopping up some of the footage:

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just make it so that when you're in shadow form you can't jump off jump pads or connect to Valk's ult.

Makes Rev useless.

That's fine for like, fixing the current situation not for long-term health of the game (where ideally, as a game developer you want all of your characters to be valuable). Right now Rev is only being played because of his synergy with Octane and the fact that you can get onto people quickly, often capitalising on the fact that they're not bunkered up or grouped together. If you take that away that (and perhaps Pathfinders zip) then I think it tends to be a pretty useless ability.

Plus, it's not intuitive for there to be some things that work and some things that don't in the Rev ult. Say they allow Paths zip to work, but not Octane's pad, that doesn't make intuitive sense for new players. On principle, it's a bad idea to take that approach to the games design because over time, multiple things like that can make the game feel very complex and confusing.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
This is entertaining as hell man. The "fuck fuck fuck" overlay is brilliant.

R.609555a3fae949596e0ba80b7b3714ba

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
So what started out as helping a friend with some challenges rolled into "Oh we're on a streak and close to 10, let's go for it". Had fun chopping up some of the footage:

Video is called "10 streak in arenas w the boys" and in the first minute the enemies are a default skin Bangalore and a Revenant pushing with a P2020, who decides to ignore getting shot at to thirst a knocked person... Almost every player we fought for our 11 streak yesterday was a Pred and in one of the two games played "with the boys" today, two enemies from the enemy squad had the 100 win streak badge. Won that match, too.

In summary I want your lobbies, they actually look like you can have fun and not like you're competing in a tournament. :')

Much

Feb 24, 2018
My god... I honestly didn't expect to get so high in predator ranking placements. Top 400 now. :)

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Bang speedhacking in arenas, on console no less.

We lost to them, but in fairness, they appear to be cheating and there's a level 2 Bang on our team with 200 damage who disconnected on the final two rounds. The bang would always beat us to the bins, even though we're Octane/Path, which didn't help either because we were always down on heals.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Video is called "10 streak in arenas w the boys" and in the first minute the enemies are a default skin Bangalore and a Revenant pushing with a P2020, who decides to ignore getting shot at to thirst a knocked person... Almost every player we fought for our 11 streak yesterday was a Pred and in one of the two games played "with the boys" today, two enemies from the enemy squad had the 100 win streak badge.

In summary I want your lobbies, they actually look like you can have fun and not like you're competing in a tournament. :')
😳

🤌🏼

I'd say the boys, who don't play as much or as uh, intently, as I do dragged down the matchmaking but we both know Arenas matchmaking is roulette anyway. Glad we got on the good side of it this day. I was just happy to have a full team every game, given my usual playing with randoms and how often I'm dropped in alone and/or people quit/AFK.

My god... I honestly didn't expect to get so high in predator ranking placements. Top 400 now. :)
💪🏼
We%27re+not+worthy.gif

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018

We lost to them, but in fairness, they appear to be cheating and there's a level 2 Bang on our team with 200 damage who disconnected on the final two rounds. The bang would always beat us to the bins, even though we're Octane/Path, which didn't help either because we were always down on heals.

How the fuck are people speedhacking on consoles?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How the fuck are people speedhacking on consoles?

Inspect spam macro apparently.

I looked through the Bangalores videos and that adds up, because he appears to be using a strike pack or something too. The recoil control at this timestamp is very suspect.

So if you're already cheating, it's just one step to download another script. I actually watched a bit of that livestream and the guy is absolute trash. Though it was a year ago, no game sense at all. Still, near-perfect recoil control and a speedhack is quite an advantage.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Seer, based in Africa and voiced by a Nigerian. This hits so close to home and Respawn killing it with the diversity.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't have an issue with Rev's ult. It could also be because I'm not as skilled as you all though.

The recent nerf to shadow time made it more risky; you either have to setup the totem closer to the enemy team, or you run a large risk of it running out before being "killed" by the other team (and now you're isolated from your teammates, which can actually make things worse for your team).

But again, that may be because I'm at lower levels than you all. Still, no issues here from me.

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
Made Diamond again this time with no mic use which was nice, olympus is a pretty miserable map all things considered though

Much

Feb 24, 2018

This exploit is so annoying, and I think it only works with people using strikepacks or some sort of controller modifications. As far as I know, with a regular controller you can only do the sped up movement once, but on a strikepack you can run a macro or something to do the inputs simultaneously to constantly speed up. I actually sent a clip to hideouts on twitter, and the people using it got banned I believe. There was a post on reddit about it too, but I haven't seen anything from Respawn whether they're looking into it.