• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't think warzone is going to be for me. As a seasoned Apex player I know how infuriating it is when team mates quit out the moment they're killed or even when you have their banner....

So from what I've seen of Warzone's revive system....no one is waiting around for that.

I will however remain open minded and still give the game a chance.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Final ring, 2v2, other team is hiding inside a rock formation and there is a care package with a purple armor in it. As Octane, I throw a jump pad under the armor just in case. Other team pops out and downs my buddy, I down one of them and crack the other's armor. The last enemy goes to armor swap the purple and gets bounced, via jump pad, into the zone and is killed by it. Win. I love it when a plan comes together.

Last edited:

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone getting that bug where they have nades in their bag but cant throw them? The character just gets stuck in the animation.
It's gotten me killed a few times and I'm really getting annoyed with it.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Final ring, 2v2, other team is hiding inside a rock formation and there is a care package with a purple armor in it. As Octane, I throw a jump pad under the armor just in case. Other team pops out and downs my buddy, I down one of them and crack the other's armor. The last person goes to swap armor the purple and gets bounced, via jump pad, into the zone and are killed by it. Win. I love it when a plan comes together.
Damn, that's amazing. Love the crazy plays good Octane players can pull off

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Anyone getting that bug where they have nades in their bag but cant throw them? The character just gets stuck in the animation.

Funnily enough I've gotten that a couple times with Caustic, where he just holds his barrel until I switch weapons

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, I am fully on the PS4 side right now. I know i ma getting the advantage of bot lobbies because my account is level 10, but my shots connect better on PS4 than either other platform, so far I am doing very well in the games, even when occasionally put in with level 100 players, and despite my issues with the controller it feels the most fun. Wish I had not bough that founders pack thing on both of the other consoles though.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish respawn would rethink Wraiths passive of not having a fucking hitbox
I've been thinking for a little while that they could probably have 2 tiers of small target. Path and Wraith are considerably harder to hit than Lifeline, Revenant, or Wattson. Maybe a 5% and a 7.5%? 10 seems like it'd be too much.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking for a little while that they could probably have 2 tiers of small target. Path and Wraith are considerably harder to hit than Lifeline, Revenant, or Wattson. Maybe a 5% and a 7.5%? 10 seems like it'd be too much.
They need to redo her body size and anims full stop, if it takes months to re rig and retarget her so be it, her size is such an advantage as she becomes unhittable with some guns altogether.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I unlocked the level 100 Flatline today. I've got over 100 Legendary skins and that Flatline is one of my favorite ones. Probably the best looking weapon skin, it's for an awesome gun, has better iron sights, battle pass reward and not 1800 coins, what's not to like?

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take anything if it means I don't have to be Jumpmaster. Good God. No more please.
In case you didn't know, you get here by winning the game tries to never pick someone who's AFK during character selection. So if you don't want to be jump master, select your legend before queueing.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I have played for 3 hours tonight and I don't think I've had so much as a gun fight. No good loot anywhere, match after match, when I do get it we get killed by two squads not fighting each other and killing us instead. Just infuriating.

The worst are these teammates who solo push a whole squad encamped in one building in the final circle. What the fuck are you expecting?

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
In case you didn't know, you get here by winning the game tries to never pick someone who's AFK during character selection. So if you don't want to be jump master, select your legend before queueing.

Yup. If you select your character and the other two don't, you're jumpmaster. If you pick last, you're jumpmaster if you don't idle it.

I usually do that so I don't jump but randoms will almost always drop you mirage/capital.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
A friend and I found a path that worked well enough to give us some wins and finishing among top squads at worst (Deja Loot)

Falling on The Geiser, you can find two Blue Shields and a Purple one, a couple of prowlers, longbog, havoc and R-301, among other good ites, If you follow the road towards the center of the map, you'll find on your way the select fire for the prowler and more purple shields. On Friday the ring closed a bit far, which meant that the game was a slower pace match, while the next days it was closer and matches became more intense. The path was pretty clear with the items you find though, several upgrades to the weapons you find before or after, in a linear path.
Yeah, Geyser has been our go-to for most of Deja Loot. Reliable loot for everyone, then roll through the tunnel to Fragments or go Sorting/Harvester (depending on the circle).
I don't mind the mode. Looking forward to revisiting KC at least. My regular squad is pretty lukewarm to it, though. I can understand the frustrations people have with the mode.

Final ring, 2v2, other team is hiding inside a rock formation and there is a care package with a purple armor in it. As Octane, I throw a jump pad under the armor just in case. Other team pops out and downs my buddy, I down one of them and crack the other's armor. The last enemy goes to armor swap the purple and gets bounced, via jump pad, into the zone and is killed by it. Win. I love it when a plan comes together.
Nice! Feels great to capture moments like that.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
In today's version of "wtf Apex", my peacekeeper challenge has decided not to track any of my peacekeeper kills. brb going to launch myself into traffic.

Yep. If you wanted to be right on target to finish 110 on the last day, you'd have to be level 42 right now.
Really? That's good news for me then since I'm level 55 right now. I haven't been playing everyday, but still want to get to 110.

Oct 31, 2017
Alright, I am fully on the PS4 side right now. I know i ma getting the advantage of bot lobbies because my account is level 10, but my shots connect better on PS4 than either other platform, so far I am doing very well in the games, even when occasionally put in with level 100 players, and despite my issues with the controller it feels the most fun. Wish I had not bough that founders pack thing on both of the other consoles though.

Interesting. Prior to the game's launch, I was debating on what platform I wanted to play on and decided PS4, primarily because of friends, but also because it seemed like it could have the highest playerbase (I'm not sure if this is the case). Your experience that the game seems to run best for you on PS4 is pretty interesting for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In regards to the new CoD battle royale, I already attracted a bunch of heat in that thread by saying I though it didn't look particularly good. People really love their Call of Duty and really don't like people being critical towards it I guess! Since OG Infinity Ward's decay, I've never really understood the enduring appeal of the series, but man it has lasted for some reason.

Not even going to waste my time, because I know it might be a fun novelty for about a day, but then I'll get absolutely sick of all of the bullshit it is guaranteed to have/its inferior moment-to-moment gameplay.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
My life for a fucking team that doesn't have randos splitting up and getting picked off just once tonight.

Just one time.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Just wait until Warzone drops in a couple hours, CoD is supposed to be huge so I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of people ditched Apex for it. Not just for the day, longterm. Funny that Deja Loot will be on Kings Canyon from tonight.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I hope not too many jump ship in the long term. I will definitely give it a go, but I can't see myself spending that much time on Call of Duty gameplay.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I've probably played more of Apex in a week then all of Call Of Duty games combined, never really hooked me. Blackout was my first BR experience and I thought the whole BR concept was awful, up until Apex came out.

I was looking forward to a game that unlike Apex I could enjoy solo, but Warzone is trios only for some reason... If it had solos and duos you better believe there's enough people fed up with randoms in Apex that would've made the switch.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i haven't played apex in weeks at this point so yeah i guess i'm one of those people waiting on the MW BR to drop. but even if it wasn't i definitely needed a substantial break from apex. i definitely wasn't having much fun at the beginning of this season and have felt a bit burnt out by it all.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna take a break to try Warzone. I only came back to Apex a few weeks ago but haven't been having as good a time with it as I did when it first launched.

There's other stuff coming out soon too anyway.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Will probably try the MW Br but i've never been a fan of CoD weapon dynamics and movement. Always felt babby's first to me. Can't be any worse experience than solo queue apex :p

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Just had the cutest moment. (Probably a known easter egg, but I just happend to stumble upon it.)
cutest_legends40j2t.png

Ping system has its ambiguities, but sometimes for the better. Voice lines help to reinforce the information pings are supposed to represent (i.e. "Enemy over here!") and it's up to the receiving player how to interpret and use that information in any given situation. There should be no stigma, no assumption, no guilt-trip. Just make the call and do what you need/want to do given the info at hand.

If anything, I'm more likely to run blindly into danger when a friend is on the mic going "With me! With me! They're so dead!" The desperate cries of downed team mates caught in the moment can cloud your judgement. Incessant pinging can, at least, be ignored until you process what to do with it.
You are right, no matter if one uses the ping system or the mic, the communication should be concise, calm and reasonable.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Funnily enough I've gotten that a couple times with Caustic, where he just holds his barrel until I switch weapons

I had this happen once, but what I'm getting more is not being able to equip grenades at all unless I literally open my inventory and select to equip it. :(

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I've had this glitch where, in a 1v1 situation, the enemy does more damage than me, and I go down. Fix it Respawn!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not in the least bit interest in that CoD game, I'd rather walk on broken glass than play a CoD game, truth be told.
I'm done with Déjà Loot, got the Wingman skin, now waiting for the new weekly challenges.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I was able to buy a Bangalore legendary skin with legend tokens in the store even though I don't have the required skin. If you want to spend legend tokens on something and want a legendary skin for Bangalore, might be worth trying.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I watched some gameplay vidoes of the COD: Warzone BR and I can already tell it won't be for me. Apex/Titanfall's movement is unmatched.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
That's why I was always confused about the "smooth" compliments people make. The animations just feel sluggish and the running and momentum doesn't feel good at all.
eh, from what i played of the beta it felt a lot different, and better, than previous CoD games (well at least BO3 and MW Remastered, which are the only two i've played this generation) and i liked it. even without the futurey jetpacks and wallrunning of some of the series' recent entries there was more flexibility in climbing and sprinting and the animations in general seemed like a genuine grade above. it definitely didn't feel as 'stiff' and comparatively restrictive to me as previous games. it's also no longer aiming for a similar aesthetic to Titanfall and Apex of which inherently allows for more absurd sprinting and sliding and climbing, so it's hard to compare.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I missed Labs:

With a start like that it could've been like a 30 bomb with Caustic, but of course I choked two squads later.

All other games were miserable. There's just no loot in Deja Loot, you're running with no ammo, heals or attachments while everyone's camping...

Status
Not open for further replies.