• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I've had so many desperate moments in Deja Loot where I could only grab a Mozambique, and I gotta say, every knock I've had with it in this LTM elicited uncontrollable maniacal laughter.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
10 kills with 27 enemies alive, I kinda thought I could get a 30 bomb for a minute.

By the time I found more there were like 14 alive, ended with 15 kills, 3.3k damage and a win.

Also, we literally had 5+ games in a row that ended in Train. And no, it wasn't Deja Loot, regular games that all had similar end circles...

Last edited:

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I finished the prize track and am done with the the event. I'm really glad that's over. World's Edge was painful but doable. I expect Kings Canyon to be borderline unplayable.

Time to grind ranked a little.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Pinging an enemy location is guilt tripping someone into suicide?

The whole point of the ping system is so you can communicate without a mic. I'm not spamming my death box, I'm trying to run from the enemy while pinging the floor that an enemy is nearby.

Not that it matters, but I do use a mic. I normally ask my team mates if they're wearing a mic before the drop and if no one responds I mute myself.
Sometimes it is. When I wasn't as experienced a player as I am now, I sometimes would let the persistent pinging of others override my better judgment, so I'd run towards my downed team mate even though I knew that it was a suicide mission.

Yes, the ping system is great, but it's not without ambiguities. If a downed team mate persistently pings an enemy, it could either mean: a) Come here and save me, or b) Don't come here, there are too many enemies.

I usually keep my mic on, so I can give my team further information that the ping system can't convey: How many enemies are there? Are they low on health? Do they have better shields than we? Are they making a move towards my team or are they oblivious to it (e. g. being distracted with looting)? etc.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Finally hit BP tier 50, and with that I'm at the 54000XP wall for the next tier.

I don't know why this system exists with such huge walls like this, especially given XP doesn't roll over into the next week. Once I get to this point, I'd need so many good matches and dailies completed in order to earn the next tier, and without any rollover and just a few days left before reset, there's hardly anything keeping me interested in playing casually until the next reset.

This whole system seems counterintuitive. I hated Modern Warfare's "50 minutes played per tier" system since it felt so unrewarding, but this feels worse, since once you get past the initial wave of easily earned tiers, the wall gets higher and higher, and if you can't summit it before reset, it was for nothing, and any weekly challenges you completed to work your way up were wasted.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Finally hit BP tier 50, and with that I'm at the 54000XP wall for the next tier.

I don't know why this system exists with such huge walls like this, especially given XP doesn't roll over into the next week. Once I get to this point, I'd need so many good matches and dailies completed in order to earn the next tier, and without any rollover and just a few days left before reset, there's hardly anything keeping me interested in playing casually until the next reset.

This whole system seems counterintuitive. I hated Modern Warfare's "50 minutes played per tier" system since it felt so unrewarding, but this feels worse, since once you get past the initial wave of easily earned tiers, the wall gets higher and higher, and if you can't summit it before reset, it was for nothing, and any weekly challenges you completed to work your way up were wasted.
It's there to spread out the battle pass progress and keep people playing the game and remaining active. If there was no cap then a lot of people would fly through the pass, hit level 110 and then likely take a break and play something else.
This way they can't do that and the player population will be a bit more stable as a result.
If you're already level 50 then you'll complete the pass easily. Take a break or play something else until Tuesday.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Today's ring loacation (round 5):
ringloc_mar_08uyj2d.jpg

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Not used the peacekeeper for so long...

Used it today and it's terrible. They nerfed the gun into the ground. It seems to take forever to reload.

And Sunday night is the worse time to play in the UK. I'm not even joking when I say I've just seen someone fall in the fire in middle of Harvester 4 times in a row.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Had no one to play with, so I just sat in the firing range, practiced recoil control and the results were:

I feel like I may have massively improved my shots in that one short firing range session.

Also, a solo Path yesterday camped on high ground with a G7 until the last ring and wasted 5+ minutes of all of our time, so it was only fair to waste 10 seconds of his time at the end:

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Sometimes it is. When I wasn't as experienced a player as I am now, I sometimes would let the persistent pinging of others override my better judgment, so I'd run towards my downed team mate even though I knew that it was a suicide mission.

Yes, the ping system is great, but it's not without ambiguities. If a downed team mate persistently pings an enemy, it could either mean: a) Come here and save me, or b) Don't come here, there are too many enemies.

I usually keep my mic on, so I can give my team further information that the ping system can't convey: How many enemies are there? Are they low on health? Do they have better shields than we? Are they making a move towards my team or are they oblivious to it (e. g. being distracted with looting)? etc.
Ping system has its ambiguities, but sometimes for the better. Voice lines help to reinforce the information pings are supposed to represent (i.e. "Enemy over here!") and it's up to the receiving player how to interpret and use that information in any given situation. There should be no stigma, no assumption, no guilt-trip. Just make the call and do what you need/want to do given the info at hand.

If anything, I'm more likely to run blindly into danger when a friend is on the mic going "With me! With me! They're so dead!" The desperate cries of downed team mates caught in the moment can cloud your judgement. Incessant pinging can, at least, be ignored until you process what to do with it.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of wish there were more voice lines for the ping system, notably something like "They are reviving".
Done with Deja Loot leveling. I know it goes against their way of monetization, but I wish they gave you at least a single pack.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of playing these challenges. They're no fun. Sniper downs NEVER happen because whenever I hit someone I do 40 damage but whenever they hit me it's one shot to destroy all my shields and health.

My hair is going to go gray over these bullshit challenges they throw in the season pass.

Fix the fucking server tick rate Respawn.

Kind of wish there were more voice lines for the ping system, notably something like "They are reviving".
Done with Deja Loot leveling. I know it goes against their way of monetization, but I wish they gave you at least a single pack.
Also THIS!!! I don't give a shit about some cringey quips, give me something USEFUL

Not used the peacekeeper for so long...

Used it today and it's terrible. They nerfed the gun into the ground. It seems to take forever to reload.

And Sunday night is the worse time to play in the UK. I'm not even joking when I say I've just seen someone fall in the fire in middle of Harvester 4 times in a row.
Yep, it's like a BB gun. Absolutely no damage. And one of my challenges is getting downs with it, which is only realistic when you're early game and no one has any other weapons.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah deja loot got old real quick. Sucks kings canyon is relegated to that next week. Im over world's end.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Deja Loot stops being interesting once everybody knows where the golden shields are and wants to drop there every fucking time. Stopped playing it a few days ago since I'm about to max out the event rewards anyways. Will probably play the Kings Canyon version for 2-3 days before giving up on that, too.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I didn't mind deja loot. I was really unsuccessful at it with only 1 win in around 50 matches, but I put this down to other hardcore players knowing loot locations and better rotations than me. Also, solo queues seem to be mostly people wanting to drop on the train or the little building on the edge of Epicenter.

Probably going to give this game a rest for a while anyway now, Ori is soon, then Doom and I'll probably give the Modern Warfare BR game a shot too.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Had no one to play with, so I just sat in the firing range, practiced recoil control and the results were:

I feel like I may have massively improved my shots in that one short firing range session.

I've also been doing that lately, but at a closer range and without extended mags to try and make every shot count and get quicker at switching weapon.
Not sure if it's the right approach, but I think it's helping me

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I've also been doing that lately, but at a closer range and without extended mags to try and make every shot count and get quicker at switching weapon.
Not sure if it's the right approach, but I think it's helping me

The aim assist on dummies is like 5 times as strong as on regular enemies and the closer targets are 5 times the size of a regular enemy, so probably not really a good idea for practice.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
The aim assist on dummies is like 5 times as strong as on regular enemies and the closer targets are 5 times the size of a regular enemy, so probably not really a good idea for practice.
I don't believe that, my aim locks onto downed enemies the same way it does in firing range when you're close to a dummy. Super annoying

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it definitely shows their greedy side when the free items are mostly trash and they increase loot boxes to 7x their normal cost, or you would need an impossible amount of crafting materials to get everything for free.

Deja Loot was....fine I guess. Got quite a few wins landing in "medium loot" places, going straight for the good loot almost always ended in quick death. It was super disappointing to have a mode with fixed loot and still have areas with fucking terrible loot, your random loot is bad enough you can't even be bothered to balance your fixed loot? It gets old fast when the drop ship and circles are the only daily changes, the loot should have changed daily too.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
The loot doesn't change too? Lmao what a fucking no-effort mode on their behalf. Gotta fuck that cosmetics chicken though right

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Got a session of Déjà Loot with a friend today, and we managed to snatch like 4 or 5 wins in the span of a 2 hours. We had a very precise route and we tried to stick with it each time, and with the final ring, my friend being Wattson, and my care package being tactically used to block an entry point, we managed to win each time we reached that point in the game.

Full Game showing the entire route:

And one video showing the end of another game with the same route:

Pretty fun to see how it worked out a lot of times.
However, this LTE is getting boring fast though, I'm soon done with my challenges so I probably won't be touching it. Or maybe with Kings Canyon? Idk. I'll see.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
A friend and I found a path that worked well enough to give us some wins and finishing among top squads at worst (Deja Loot)

Falling on The Geiser, you can find two Blue Shields and a Purple one, a couple of prowlers, longbog, havoc and R-301, among other good ites, If you follow the road towards the center of the map, you'll find on your way the select fire for the prowler and more purple shields. On Friday the ring closed a bit far, which meant that the game was a slower pace match, while the next days it was closer and matches became more intense. The path was pretty clear with the items you find though, several upgrades to the weapons you find before or after, in a linear path.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting put into matches solo and getting squad wiped by me must be one of the worst feelings. I'd be mad as hell if one dude took a whole squad of 3. I don't care what your level is. Three different bodies and guns firing at you and you still couldn't capitalize. Lmao.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Getting put into matches solo and getting squad wiped by me must be one of the worst feelings. I'd be mad as hell if one dude took a whole squad of 3. I don't care what your level is. Three different bodies and guns firing at you and you still couldn't capitalize. Lmao.

Most of the times when people manage to pull that, the three different bodies weren't firing at the same time, nor pushing at the same time. That's usually what happens when I manage to pull that off. It also what happens when I'm on the receiving end of that crap. It almost happened to me today when I constantly told the Bloodhound to push with me and flank ONE Lifeline (I had killed her other two teammates), but of course that Bloodhound preferred looting and healing (he wasn't that low life to begin with, he could have handled it especially knowing the Lifeline was shooting me anyway) instead of following suit with me. I got downed, he got downed, thankfully my friend came from all the way over the sniping mountain to save us though. But yeah, that's usually why that happens on my part: unreliable teammates.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Awful matchmaking and awful Apex matches today. :( Don't really like CoD but I'm def trying that BR tomorrow.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Got a session of Déjà Loot with a friend today, and we managed to snatch like 4 or 5 wins in the span of a 2 hours. We had a very precise route and we tried to stick with it each time, and with the final ring, my friend being Wattson, and my care package being tactically used to block an entry point, we managed to win each time we reached that point in the game.

Full Game showing the entire route:

And one video showing the end of another game with the same route:

Pretty fun to see how it worked out a lot of times.
However, this LTE is getting boring fast though, I'm soon done with my challenges so I probably won't be touching it. Or maybe with Kings Canyon? Idk. I'll see.

Nice.

Although, I've always given away gold armour with lifeline as my team see more of a benefit.

I'm not sure it stacks with lifelines ability.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Nice.

Although, I've always given away gold armour with lifeline as my team see more of a benefit.

It does not, and I do the same most of the time.

Lifeline heals 25% faster base, Gold Armor gives you 50% faster heals.

If you've got a Wraith or a Pathfinder on your team (and they're not a Johnny No-Tumbs or a Thundering Dickfuck) it's almost always more beneficial to give gold armor to them because their increased mobility means they can duck out of fights way better to heal up quicker, way more options.

The shock randoms have when I drop gold armor to pick up their blue or purple is frankly staggering sometimes. They stop dead and look at me like I'm crazy. It's definitely come in clutch some games though.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Nice.

What if... I just selfishly want the gold armor anyway though? 50% faster is still 25% faster than my base heal. And that counts.

LOxX56c.gif

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
likewise, giving gold backpacks to whoever on your team is most likely to be reviving (prob Lifeline, Gib, or Bangalore) is a good idea too

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
100% jumping on the Warzone train tomorrow. No guarantees that I'll love it as much since I doubt it'll have the ping button, but I'm giving it a try.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
likewise, giving gold backpacks to whoever on your team is most likely to be reviving (prob Lifeline, Gib, or Bangalore) is a good idea too
Oh absolutely, Lifeline with gold backpack can single-handedly swing fights if the lifeline know's what she's doing.

Likewise it's sometimes beneficial to give gold knockdown to Mirage as the invis on knock sometimes makes people disengage just long enough to find cover and revive.

Gold helmet is best on Pathy, hands down.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently Warzone is trios only like Apex, solos and duos was the main reason I was gonna give it a shot over this game. :/

I hate not being able to just hop on and play Apex when I feel like it, as the solo experience is miserable and I have to spend time inviting/messaging people first...

Status
Not open for further replies.