• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I am tired of getting worse. Why my k/d is down .5 this season.
Was wondering if it was just me getting worse at the game, lmao. Currently sitting around 1.1, but I ended last season at 1.6 and the one before that at 1.7. Though I did have multiple games yesterday where the champion squad all had Apex Predator/20-kill badges! Also, seeing people already hitting Level 500 is insane to me.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man the stack changes are messing with me hard. You fill up so fast picking up nades now.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
What is everyone's thoughts then?

The meta has definitely changed up and the game feels different and refreshing. Having to rethink your bag management keeps it interesting.

Deja Loot then? Nice idea and an interesting LTM. I won my first match somehow! The next few have been a bit more tricky.

I like that you can learn different strategies for the "same" game. And I like the idea of the ring mixing up each day too!

Edit: I started this post before anyone posted any thoughts. Out of date already!

One thing I did notice though, a few times that I picked up a grenade I seem to be equipping it instantly, which is frustrating.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm digging the changes so far. As for Deja Loot, it is a nice mode and I appreciate the predictability. That could of course all change over the next two weeks.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Switched to playing with Gibby recently and he's really got some tricks up his sleeve. Enjoying it instead of being killed by his arm shield that some wield so bloody well. This was a fun way to finish a game FTW -

Had my first ranked win the other night. Playing with just one other random, no less.
He was Gibby, I was Path. Revenant went down and quit on us early on.
We ended up sneaking around, 3rd partying a big fire fight and barely surviving a clean-up attempt on us as the circle closed.
I managed to pull off one of those huge revives, grabbing his banner from outside the circle and using a bunch of syringes.

Much crouch-bowing and playful punch-thanking ensued.
Then we made a mad dash through the tunnel approaching Train Yard as the next circle closed, opening the vault and grabbing purple shields just in time.

We snuck our way into Train Yard, where another massive firefight was taking place.
We bided our time, and I zipped us to one of the far suspended containers where we sniped for a while, as other squads scrambled in from all directions.
Eventually we were pushed down to the large warehouse, where Gibby dropped a life-saving dome.
One final push to the fields using another zipline, where we battled the last squad around some vehicles.

I did some damage but went down. Started self reviving but then YOU ARE THE CHAMPION.
Gibby, that crazy sonofa came through! Cue more bowing, punching and shooting the sky.

Such an amazing and tense game. Awesome combination of timing, mutual trust and luck. I'm only Bronze 1 now but just had to share.
Best thing about it was my wife randomly decided to watch me play, and she got really into it, asking questions the whole time. (The only other games she's enjoyed watching/playing were the original Dark Souls and TLoU Factions, so this was a big deal lol).
We were both going spare at the end. The highs of Apex are truly unique.

Do you play on Xbox? I had a game just like this a day or two ago and I was the Gibby. Crazy.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering if it was just me getting worse at the game, lmao. Currently sitting around 1.1, but I ended last season at 1.6 and the one before that at 1.7. Though I did have multiple games yesterday where the champion squad all had Apex Predator/20-kill badges! Also, seeing people already hitting Level 500 is insane to me.
You're not getting worse the matchmaking is just getting worse.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Has anyone got any Heirloom shards yet? I have 0.

I thought they could be earned as you go, so you could at least see progress?

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys I'm a wraith main and I solo push heavily encamped enemy positions and die immediately because I'm a wraith main

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think deja loot is cool. You know where good stuff is but soon everyone will, so you can try to fight over gold armor or just land where you know you can get a decent shield and weapon.

Curious how people will play around evo shields. I don't think long term they're all that competitive, there's a lot of interactions that kinda suck with it. Like if you almost kill someone that starts to run and toss a nade, you only "get" the damage that kills them even if the nade explodes them for 100. Same with if you're close to a level up and hit a kraber headshot, you only just get the level up and not damage towards the next. Only having 125hp heading into a fight kinda sucks, you're always disadvantaged number wise and when you hit the threshold you still need to heal to get the new square. The apex norm of wipe a squad and armor swap would change, where you need more shield cells/batteries to heal off the damage instead of just swapping. Since they feel rough off the start I think once they aren't new people wouldn't use it as much, and you don't get the benefit of people dying with it red as much. Also the game has red as better than gold but I would rather have fast heal still.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
They just mentioned that this is a large update so that future updates are so big. I wonder what they loaded in there for the dataminers to get a hold of.
Give me a light ammo LMG
Hi guys I'm a wraith main and I solo push heavily encamped enemy positions and die immediately because I'm a wraith main
Hi Wraith Main, I'm a Octane main.

I gobble up every bit of loot using my super speed only to die horribly in the first gunfight because I have zero spatial awareness and the only thing my walnut sized brain know is F A S T.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Caustic is unironically sexy

Well, Caustic and sexy in the same sentence sure is something I never thought I'd see today. Or ever!

tv6usCo.gif

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Switched to playing with Gibby recently and he's really got some tricks up his sleeve. Enjoying it instead of being killed by his arm shield that some wield so bloody well. This was a fun way to finish a game FTW -

Do you play on Xbox? I had a game just like this a day or two ago and I was the Gibby. Crazy.

PS4. But I watched your video (nice) and it was an uncannily similar layout! I think our first big fight was even on the train tracks around the corner from there. (Rev was already gone by that point, though.)

Oct 31, 2017
Played the new LTM this evening for awhile. Think it's kind of interesting, but I'm not sure how I feel, which is weird as I thought I'd really like it considering Halo is probably my favorite FPS multiplayer game. It kind of felt like the purple+ armors were more rare, but it's probably just that I didn't know the locations they spawned.

Not sure how to feel about the Evo Shields. I think the initial handicap is quite brutal and makes them pretty much not worth wearing. It takes quite a bit of damage to get them to viability (purple equivalent). Then to push them into Red is even more damage, to where it feels like it's not even really worth shooting for just to add 25 hp. And then it just feels like I'd rather have gold armor anyway rather than 125 shield hp, because you can get back into the fight more quickly, and I think that's more valuable than just having 25 more hp overall. Though if someone is a Gibraltar main, it might be more worth it, especially coupled with his dome shield buff.

I think the inventory change, in particular the move to 1 nade per slot, was a pretty good call and something that needed to happen for awhile. The nade spam at times was definitely obnoxious, and I feel that they should definitely be more of a highly situational, tactical decision rather than something people horde then spam. I have to think this nade change cascades to decrease the need for Wattsons, which would be another benefit.

I think the lower ammo counts and heals per stacks is also good, though the healing item change was definitely throwing me off. Just from the little I played, it did feel like I was running around with less healing items overall, which is probably good.

Overall, the meta shakeup seems like it could be pretty good for the game at first blush in my opinion.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
because of the big patch size, I was curious to see what the game's file size was going to be after
on ps4 at least, pre-patch was 51.6gb and post-patch is 42.2gb

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Any footage of the bloodhound skydive? I'm not home but he's my main and I'm curious.\

Edit: saw it and it looks pretty cool.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So where's the good loot at? Lol I found prowler and select fire and about 3 blues in geiser, but not sure if there's other go tos.

Anyhow, 1st game, and had a great game. 7 kills, and yeah I already liked bloodhound, but he's amazing now

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
So where's the good loot at? Lol I found prowler and select fire and about 3 blues in geiser, but not sure if there's other go tos.

Anyhow, 1st game, and had a great game. 7 kills, and yeah I already liked bloodhound, but he's amazing now

You can get pretty comfortably kitted out at Lava, but the buildings on the southern side of Epicenter, top of the hill, have a gold shield folks love fighting over at the start of the match.

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
There's also a gold barrell at Epicenter. In one of the 3 crates next to the structure support on Northern side going up towards the ridge.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017

You just made me realised why i've been struggling with my gun choices so much this season, i always grabbed the Devotion. Stupid loot changes.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned the fact that the game crashes and logs you out if you try and view the battle pass tab?
Both me and my friend have the same issue so I know it's not an issue at my end.
Basically if you haven't bought the battle pass yet, you can't view the tab - and more importantly for Respawn you can't buy the battle pass! I think they're probably going to want to fix that issue pretty quick haha 😆

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned the fact that the game crashes and logs you out if you try and view the battle pass tab?
Both me and my friend have the same issue so I know it's not an issue at my end.
Basically if you haven't bought the battle pass yet, you can't view the tab - and more importantly for Respawn you can't buy the battle pass! I think they're probably going to want to fix that issue pretty quick haha 😆

I was about to come in here and talk about that. I can't check the battlepass tab cause I get the game logic bug each time. Baffles me how bugged this update is, wow.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't even touched the Havoc since, i saw a gold one the other day and passed on that.

I still grab the gold havoc, it's a beast at close/mid range.

Oh that's what my crash was.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I can't see myself using the Evo shield since it would require me to actually do damage.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I think the first step of the evo needing 100 damage done is a bit steep to be honest.
I think the only situations I would consider using one are either very early game/hot drop when you can get some early kills OR if you're planning on sniping/doing some damage from a decent distance and you can chip away at the damage requirements that way.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Managed to get my hands on an Evo shield level 5 (killed someone who had it), and quite frankly, I don't see myself preferring using it over a gold one ever.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Just before the patch dropped yesterday we ran a couple games and so glad I got this finally.

oQvnO35.png

Especially happy that it was random and completely caught me by surprise. No farming of enemies, no sitting in the back with a sniper, no asking the teammate not to shoot. Just 301/Flatlining everyone I saw. Teammate/enemies literally put the last bullet into a couple of players I was shooting at, so the number of kills is pretty low.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Also, picked up the new 301 from a deathbox yesterday so here's how the ironsights look, as well as a couple of other 301 skins that I have for comparisons sake:

uYyZgom.png

KvZtfvZ.png

oa212Av.png

Y567a8z.png

HVXalmo.png

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
So am I missing something or is purchasing packs the only way to get these new cosmetic items? I'm not spending shards on them (I don't even have enough anyway because the drop rate is so shit) or coins (I'm not paying for items). Because if so I don't see the point in even bothering with this event.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
So am I missing something or is purchasing packs the only way to get these new cosmetic items? I'm not spending shards on them (I don't even have enough anyway because the drop rate is so shit) or coins (I'm not paying for items). Because if so I don't see the point in even bothering with this event.
There's some free stuff you can earn by completing challenges in the limited mode (Revenant skin, PK skin and Wingman skin) but yes, all of the other cosmetics can only be bought with coins/mats or by purchasing the event packs at a very high markup.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Yeah, déjà loot is kinda lame after a few games. Once you find an optimal drop location and route to the final rings every game gets so similar.

I also bought Octane's heirloom. It's cool and all but they missed their chance of having it double as the regular Octane stim syringe.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Was wondering if it was just me getting worse at the game, lmao. Currently sitting around 1.1, but I ended last season at 1.6 and the one before that at 1.7. Though I did have multiple games yesterday where the champion squad all had Apex Predator/20-kill badges! Also

Interesting, I was at 1.6 last season and am at 1.14 right now. I typically go about 5 games with 0 or 1 kill, then I get a miracle game of 5-10 kills, then a string of terrible games, then another miracle game. I just went on my kid's account who is level 39 and went for 8, 3, 7, 11, 9 kill games in a row. Add to it that all the apex packs I get now have garbage white and blue items in them, and there's little reason to play on my main account. I unlock gold items left and right on my kid's account.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

It's been that way for quite a while now, except for the very first event "Iron Crown", where you could grind 2 free packs but the rest you had to pay. Ironically, that was also the last time I bought an event skin (actually bought two Legendary skins during Iron Crown). Since the Iron Crown event, they definitely locked all 24 event cosmetics behind a paywall forever (giving us scraps and inferior skins through the event challenge system), and I don't feel like giving them money while this system is into place. Also skins haven't swayed me enough for that to happen anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.