• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
People on Reddit were complaining that this means this'll incentivize single-shot weapons like the Wingman over automatics like the Flatline.

I don't think that's the case. It's more that there's now a clear tradeoff for taking some guns versus others: you'll have more space for equipment and ordnance since less will be consumed by ammo.
It has always been a pretty considerable benefit of Wingman, Scout etc. Maybe a teeny bit more now.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
This game's matchmaking is fucking awful. I want to be able to enjoy it, but without matchmaking that puts me on a genuinely even playing field, it'll never fucking happen. I feel like I'm slamming my head into a wall every single match I have, and there's never any consistency. I can't tell if I'm getting better or worse since I can go from no kills in six matches to five kills in another two matches.

It's utter dogshit. Also, whoever coded the matchmaking to allow Masters and Predators to match with LOW GOLD in casual is out of their fucking mind.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still feel like the Wingman has a skill ceiling that the other guns lack, especially automatics. At least on analog sticks. I'm all for a Wild West meta. Haha.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
This game's matchmaking is fucking awful. I want to be able to enjoy it, but without matchmaking that puts me on a genuinely even playing field, it'll never fucking happen. I feel like I'm slamming my head into a wall every single match I have, and there's never any consistency. I can't tell if I'm getting better or worse since I can go from no kills in six matches to five kills in another two matches.

It's utter dogshit. Also, whoever coded the matchmaking to allow Masters and Predators to match with LOW GOLD in casual is out of their fucking mind.
I think they way it 'works' is that it doesn't really care what teammates it matches you with, then tries to find a match for your squad but goes off the highest rank in your squad or something to do it.

It's garbage and often makes the game unplayable for the whole squad. Like last season there was a fucking enormous skill gap just from diamond 4 to diamond 2 but the games all like 'ah yes plat 2 and apex pred are definitely equal!'

Matches would be fairer more frequently if they just randomly picked them.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I think they way it 'works' is that it doesn't really care what teammates it matches you with, then tries to find a match for your squad but goes off the highest rank in your squad or something to do it.

It's garbage and often makes the game unplayable for the whole squad. Like last season there was a fucking enormous skill gap just from diamond 4 to diamond 2 but the games all like 'ah yes plat 2 and apex pred are definitely equal!'

Matches would be fairer more frequently if they just randomly picked them.
It's frustrating, because in Blackout I'd have little difficulty getting two or three kills at minimum, and surviving into the Top 5 was never that difficult for me. Fortnite is a substantially harder game than Blackout due to its ever-evolving meta and unsurprisingly difficult building mechanics, but at the very least its matchmaking is good enough that I can play with my cousin (exclusively on Xbox) while I'm on my iPad or PC, and we'll not only have a few good matches, but win a decent number of them, too.

That never happens in Apex. Every match I do well in feels like a fluke because of how enormous the skill gap is, and how insanely unfair (and bad) the matchmaking is.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Why is the game not allow auto-swapping of attachments when you find something better? It hasn't always been like this, has it? For example, I have a blue barrel mod on my primary r301 and a white on my R-99 secondary. I find a purple barrel on the ground, equip my 301, pick up the purple barrel mod and my blue one flies onto the ground. I then have to swap weapons, walk over to the blue and pick it up to put it on the 99? I could have sworn it used to automatically do the switch before, but if it didn't, that would be a great switch.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for the patch today, but I'm not excited to play the game -- if that's weird. lol.

My enthusiasm for this game has dropped significantly due to the terrible matchmaking and lack of options for duos/solos. This game is probably the most frustrating experience when you're a duo or solo. Especially solo.

Not to make hyperbolic statements or speak for anyone or anything, but at least for me, if the CoD BR comes out and has solos, my playtime of Apex is more than likely going to reduce to almost 0, if not 0.

All Apex needs to do to reinvigorate my hype is add solos/duos. That's literally it. I don't even care about a new map, new legends, new weapons. I just want to be able to play by myself or with a single friend, as is typical for my gaming sessions.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Bro last night I had the most wild experience it felt like I was in the Twilight Zone:

I have 4k kills with Pathfinder, my main. I'm not bad at the game, but I know I'm not amazing either. I can have a string of games where I don't get any kills and then the next game I can drop 2k damage and 9 kills. That's just how it works out for me.

Anywho, yesterday I got into a lobby purely filled with Predators and Diamonds. I was the weak link in my team. My teammates: Lifeline with 18k kills Predator, Octane with 10k kills Predator. The Champion Squad: Wraith with 26k kills, Pathfinder with 13k kills, Bangalore with 16k kills, each with 20 bombs & 4k damage badges. When I saw my teammates I was like wtf, and then I saw the Champions and I was like WTF.

This was the sweatiest lobby I've ever been in. Even that one time I got in a lobby with BackOffMyJanKz wasn't as crazy as this. Naturally I kept going doing to literal gods at the game, but my teammates were so good they kept rescuing me until we got down to the last 3 squads and lost to the Champion Squad. My jaw was like on the floor the whole time just witnessing greatness lol. It was so fast paced, and to them this was like casual (judging by the way they were talking on the mics).

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm excited for the patch today, but I'm not excited to play the game -- if that's weird. lol.

My enthusiasm for this game has dropped significantly due to the terrible matchmaking and lack of options for duos/solos. This game is probably the most frustrating experience when you're a duo or solo. Especially solo.

Not to make hyperbolic statements or speak for anyone or anything, but at least for me, if the CoD BR comes out and has solos, my playtime of Apex is more than likely going to reduce to almost 0, if not 0.

All Apex needs to do to reinvigorate my hype is add solos/duos. That's literally it. I don't even care about a new map, new legends, new weapons. I just want to be able to play by myself or with a single friend, as is typical for my gaming sessions.
This is pretty much where I am right now.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the patch supposed to fix the broken ass loot boxes? In the middle of a firefight I just tried grabbing some light ammo for my r-99 out of a box (PC, short press) and it somehow swaps for a Mozambique on the other side of the box. Fuck me, this didn't happen until this season. So frustrating to have tiny bugs like this make such a big impact on gameplay.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Is the patch supposed to fix the broken ass loot boxes? In the middle of a firefight I just tried grabbing some light ammo for my r-99 out of a box (PC, short press) and it somehow swaps for a Mozambique on the other side of the box. Fuck me, this didn't happen until this season. So frustrating to have tiny bugs like this make such a big impact on gameplay.

Yes, that is in the patch.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just
Why is the game not allow auto-swapping of attachments when you find something better? It hasn't always been like this, has it? For example, I have a blue barrel mod on my primary r301 and a white on my R-99 secondary. I find a purple barrel on the ground, equip my 301, pick up the purple barrel mod and my blue one flies onto the ground. I then have to swap weapons, walk over to the blue and pick it up to put it on the 99? I could have sworn it used to automatically do the switch before, but if it didn't, that would be a great switch.

I have issues with that, and mashing X to pick up items. There's even been times where I'm pressing it over an item, I hear an audio cue that I "picked it up" so I run away just to see that the sight still isn't on my gun. It's still on the floor.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I just played a game with a guy carrying 20 health kits small ones

I was asking for health the whole time

his name was pied piper lol

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
You are correct that at some point this changed. It used to be that when you picked up a better barrel mod you'd eject the worst one from your set and it would attach to the gun you're using moving the other one to your other weapon.

I'm not sure when that changed, but it was sometime during Season 3 I think. I'm not sure it was intentional. It was that way for all the mods before and now you have to manually move things around/eject shit and pick it up. It definitely slows things down.

I know I should care more when something like this changes, but I love this game so much it really doesn't phase me. I just adjust to it. The skill expectation at high speed is just unmatched by any other video game. I can imagine this in arcades as a kid eating all my money for just one more run, win or lose.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep, it actually has soured me completely on the game.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
You are correct that at some point this changed. It used to be that when you picked up a better barrel mod you'd eject the worst one from your set and it would attach to the gun you're using moving the other one to your other weapon.

I'm not sure when that changed, but it was sometime during Season 3 I think. I'm not sure it was intentional. It was that way for all the mods before and now you have to manually move things around/eject shit and pick it up. It definitely slows things down.

I know I should care more when something like this changes, but I love this game so much it really doesn't phase me. I just adjust to it. The skill expectation at high speed is just unmatched by any other video game. I can imagine this in arcades as a kid eating all my money for just one more run, win or lose.
Are you sure? I have a distinct memory of being annoyed by it for ages, probably since launch. Although Blackout and Apex are kind of a haze for me and Blackout did some major changes to attachments at some point so I might be confusing them.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Are you sure? I have a distinct memory of being annoyed by it for ages, probably since launch. Although Blackout and Apex are kind of a haze for me and Blackout did some major changes to attachments at some point so I might be confusing them.
I'm 99% sure because it was jarring when it changed. I was so used to things shifting to the open slots on my secondary weapon that when it flew on the floor the first few times I thought I did something differently that caused it to happen.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit don't understand this game now. I play with the same friends and we definitely had more fun last 2 seasons. In Ranked so SBMM shouldn't be the issue.

We just can't fucking win any fights.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
I legit don't understand this game now. I play with the same friends and we definitely had more fun last 2 seasons. In Ranked so SBMM shouldn't be the issue.

We just can't fucking win any fights.
How are you losing the fights? Have you figured that out?

The weapon meta does change from season to season. Also, it's pretty clear all the players are better now than they were six or even three months ago. One thing that has definitely changed (and not a lot of players along with it) is that it definitely pays to be a little cautious now instead of rushing in headfirst. Far too many random people I play with want to push every team they see and that's just not how you win. It's a mix of gear, timing of the attack, and your position in relation to them that will define the victors. It might have been easier a season ago to be super aggressive, but people know how to defend now and that means you're gonna lose if you get too crazy.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
A guy punched me into the centre fire of Harvester and a team mate went off on one at me because apparently I needed to stick with him to win. I didn't even bother explaining myself, I just quit out and moved on.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
They just mentioned that this is a large update so that future updates are so big. I wonder what they loaded in there for the dataminers to get a hold of.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are you losing the fights? Have you figured that out?

The weapon meta does change from season to season. Also, it's pretty clear all the players are better now than they were six or even three months ago. One thing that has definitely changed (and not a lot of players along with it) is that it definitely pays to be a little cautious now instead of rushing in headfirst. Far too many random people I play with want to push every team they see and that's just not how you win. It's a mix of gear, timing of the attack, and your position in relation to them that will define the victors. It might have been easier a season ago to be super aggressive, but people know how to defend now and that means you're gonna lose if you get too crazy.

Honestly no idea. Just feels like we can't finish.

But love all these patch notes. Dunno how I feel about the backpack stuff tho

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
My PS4 tells me the upload is gonna take 8 hours. Yo, guess no Apex for me tonight them, wew!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox is taking forever to download and I'm not in the mood for this. Welp. Time to see what the big deal about FF7 is.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
What is the standard amount of ammo that you used to keep for each weapon? For me:

Sniper: 40
Shotty - 32
R-99/R-301 (Alternator if I can't find any of these) - 240
Flatline/Hemlock/Prowler - 240
Hammerpoint P2020 - 160
Wingman - 160 (rarely ever use this)
G7 - 160 (rarely ever use this...I suck with single shot weapons)
Havoc - 320
LStar - 320

Do you guys think this is overkill?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is the standard amount of ammo that you used to keep for each weapon? For me:

Shotty - 32
Hammerpoint P2020 - 160
Havoc - 320
LStar - 320

I couldn't even tell you the exact ammo count since I go by stacks.

Wingman : one full stack. It's a pistol you don't need much and if your shots are on point one stack can last a few firefights.

Alternator/99 : 3 full stacks. They get burned up fast.

Syringes : one stack. Lifeline doesn't need syringes imo. Shields are more important.

Cells : two stacks. 12 cells. Compliments my aggressive nature with Life and her passive.

Bateries : one stack.

If I feel like grabbing throwables or more consumables then I'll fit them around that setup.

But lifelines quick heal makes me go through cells mid fight super fast.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Everything close is black now after update :/ Latest drivers don't help.

IooSb2V.jpg

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Shotty - 32
Hammerpoint P2020 - 160
Havoc - 320
LStar - 320

Looks about right tbh.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Update was superfast for me on PS4 over a late lunch. I actually got to play a couple games too. The changes to the inventory are definitely interesting. I actually was less concerned with managing it now but maybe that's because it simplifies your choices through having less of them? The new mode is fun. I found the new shield but only got to level it up once before my teammates engaged too quickly and we were dead.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Some interesting changes that should switch things up, especially the changes to the backpack and number of slots for healing and nades.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
LOL@ another Peacekeeper nerf. This weapon stopped being OP like two seasons ago guys.

I dunno about the backpack changes though. I get they don't want people to have forever supplies but the fix is built into the game.

Beginning your supplies are scarce by the nature of the genre; what you scrounge is what you get.

Towards the end yeah you do have people with forever gear but by that time the circle and the endgame is in play...a thousand medkits aren't going to save you from the insanity or enhance your survival because the game will be settled in a few minutes anyway.

This also makes the sentinel worse since the power up mode is now even more useless

Status
Not open for further replies.