• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I try to spread the love by sharing gold pieces in ways they make the most sense. But sometimes, some of these guys really don't deserve it and I revert to kitting myself out.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Then I don't know what to think of the fact I've been solo queueing for like 90% of my ranked games. My usual teammate was still stuck in Silver when I reached Platinum, so I made it to Platinum 1 without anybody, mostly.
You're probably a better player than you think you are?

The questions that would determine this... how often do you play? What platform are you on?

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
This was two consecutive games from our landing points (we were the only team in the area each time):

Game 1 - Thermal Station: Lv 2, 3, and 4 backpack, 4 Lv 2 armor, 1 Lv 3 armor, 5 Lv 2 helmet, great variety of weapons. And this wasn't a Hot Zone.

Game 2 - Geyser: 11 Lv 1 armor, only Lv 1 helmets, backpacks, knock shields, and mostly pistols but there were a couple ARs and 5 shield batteries!!
My friend and I have a theory that since the new season launched high tier loot has been bugged for some areas. We knew one of the fragments was high tier so we landed Outlook to avoid the craziness of high tier. We had came across 4 gold items there. We decided to rotate into the fragment nearest us which was high loot, and we finished the last squad there only to find a handful of purple items.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
How is it that on PC there's so many players who can just hit every single shot with a wingman without missing one, over and over and over and over? Like there can't be that many players out there who are just that fucking good that apprently half of every bloody server has these people. Like you see someone and hear the wingman and it's so predictable when it's like:

BANG oh they hit me
BANG oh they hit me
BANG oh they hit me and I'm dead
BANG oh my teammates dead to the same guy

Match after match. I know part of it is the garbage matchmaking always putting me with enemies significantly above my skill because I get a couple of kills and therefore must be as good as a predator, but there's these people everywhere who hit more shots than the average top tier twitch streamer and its suspicious as fuck every time.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
What's in the System Override Event:

• Limited Time Mode - Deja Loot
    • Featuring for a limited-time the return of Kings Canyon debut of a new equipment type: Evo Shield
    • The first week will be played on World's Edge and the second week we'll go back to Kings Canyon
  • Exclusive Event Prize Track with two Legendary Weapon skins
  • 24 Event Limited premium cosmetic available directly or through System Override Event Packs
  • Octane Heirloom Set Preview
    • Unlock all 24 System Override cosmetics during the event and unlock the Octane Heirloom set for free
Limited Time Mode - Deja Loot

Ever spent the whole match looking for a Spitfire only to come up with Mozambiques? Wish you could just plot a reliable path to a 301 and purple armor? Well, this next mode is really going to speak to you.

Deja Loot is a unique take on the Apex games where a glitch in the system has caused all loot to spawn in the same location every match for the duration of the event. Even the plane path and circle locations will be fixed for this mode, which will change on a daily basis while the loot location stays the same for the whole event. The intent is to create a short term meta shakeup and reward players for learning the new progression - but be careful, just as you know where that sweet r99-extended mag combo is so will everyone else.

The first week of the Deja Loot limited-time mode will take place on World's Edge, with the second week seeing Legends return to Kings Canyon.

Debut of New Equipment - Evo Shield

As part of the Deja Loot limited-time mode we'll be debuting a new equipment type: the Evo Shield. When you pick up Evo Shield it will start out weaker than a Common Body Shield (White), but as you do damage to non-downed players throughout the match it can become even stronger than Epic Body Shields (Purple). Evo Shields change color as they progress, but their perpetual distinctive glow will help you identify them. Progress also carries over from person to person, so look forward to some interesting late game scenarios.

To start the Evo Shield will be exclusive to the Deja Loot gamemode and spawn at higher rates; after the event we'll consider adding the Evo Shield to all matches, so please give us your feedback.

Exclusive Event Prize Track

In January as part of the Grand Soiree Arcade Event we introduced a new prize track system that delivered more rewards and more ways to earn. We're excited to bring this back with additional improvements like more rewards and more frequent challenges to complete. The full Event Prize Track is pictured below:

You'll be able to earn up to 1000 points per challenge set and now the challenge set will refresh at a daily rate. There's a mix of challenges that can be completed in the LTM or in any mode, so you have freedom for how you want to progress. As with before, you'll still be able to complete your battle pass challenges at the same time too.

Event Limited Premium Cosmetics

The System Override Collection Event brings another set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics to Apex Legends. All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event. Each Event Pack will come with one event item and two non-event items at the following drop rates:

Non-Event items can be from the following categories: Weapon Skins, Legend Skins, Legend Finishers, Banner Frames, Banner Poses, Banner Stat Trackers, Intro Quips, Kills Quips, Gun Charms or Crafting Metals.

If you unlock all 24 System Override Collection Pack Items during the event, you'll unlock the Octane Heirloom set for free. If you don't manage to unlock this new Heirloom set during the event, it will be available via Apex Packs after the event ends.

We're changing up the Heirloom system to make it easier for you to acquire the heirloom you want. Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you'll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you'd like. The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop. And don't worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch. Remember that once a player owns all of the Heirloom sets, the player will not be eligible to receive more shards until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bangalore's personality annoys me so bad lol. I love the evo shield. Anything that encourages constant fighting and aggressive play is okay to me.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Wonder who it's for...Revenant maybe?

Whoa, huge change!

It's Octane's heirloom. But...

We're changing up the Heirloom system to make it easier for you to acquire the heirloom you want. Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you'll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you'd like. The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop. And don't worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch. Remember that once a player owns all of the Heirloom sets, the player will not be eligible to receive more shards until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.

system-override-event-scorecard-v2.jpg

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how much more enjoyable this would be if they kept a rotating mode between solos and duos every week. Like are they really worried it's gonna divide the player base that badly? If anything I believe it'll increase the popularity.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
An Arcade queue would do wonders, Solo and Duos can be part of that rotation.
Edit: Also appreciate that Heirloom change.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Whoa, huge change!

It's Octane's heirloom. But...

system-override-event-scorecard-v2.jpg
The free legendaries for the PK and the Wingman are pretty snazzy. Shame that I've already got good skins for both but more never hurt I suppose.

I'm hoping that the event skins don't cost 2400 crafting materials again like they did for the Halloween event, I could see 1600 MAYBE, but double a regular legendary is ridiculous.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
By their wording it sounds like we'll need multiple drops of heirloom shards instead of just one, and by 500 packs, you'll have enough shards to unlock 1 set. I wonder if they'll be 2 or 3 sets of shards required, or if it will be like crafting mats, coming in increments of 15.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
That dynamic body shield is a really cool idea. Interested to see how it plays out.

Also very interested in seeing this fixed loot mode. Could either end up really good or really bad. Hot drops will be consistently hot. My hope is that they place loot very strategically so that there are no dumb spawns like a gold armour next to a R99 and extended mag.

Apex gameplay is what keeps me in but the RNG definitely plays part in the enjoyment for better and for worse. I'm not sure how BR will play with fixed loot. That being said, if any current BR could work with fixed loot, I think it's Apex.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Imagine how much more enjoyable this would be if they kept a rotating mode between solos and duos every week. Like are they really worried it's gonna divide the player base that badly? If anything I believe it'll increase the popularity.
It would definitely get me back into playing this consistently.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
By their wording it sounds like we'll need multiple drops of heirloom shards instead of just one, and by 500 packs, you'll have enough shards to unlock 1 set. I wonder if they'll be 2 or 3 sets of shards required, or if it will be like crafting mats, coming in increments of 15.
I don't think so. Doing in that way would mean you could ONLY get an Heirloom every 500 packs, when you can get one way sooner through RNG.

It's probably just a single 'Heirloom Shard' that functions like a key to let you choose which set you get.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The free legendaries for the PK and the Wingman are pretty snazzy. Shame that I've already got good skins for both but more never hurt I suppose.

I'm hoping that the event skins don't cost 2400 crafting materials again like they did for the Halloween event, I could see 1600 MAYBE, but double a regular legendary is ridiculous.
Lol, you know it's going to be the same. Been saying this system is wack. I hate the Collection Events formula.

Also PSA: You don't own any character in this game. If someone gets first dibs at Pathfinder and selects him, you have absolutely no reason to get in your feelings because you wanted him. No matter if that person is a level 1 noob or a level 500 expert.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Don't love the idea of fixed loot personally and character skins look pretty lame. The new shield sounds great though, and I'm excited to unlock those Legendary weapon skins.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Don't love the idea of fixed loot personally and character skins look pretty lame. The new shield sounds great though, and I'm excited to unlock those Legendary weapon skins.

I feel like I'll get stomped perpetually by people who know where the good shit is.

Although it does sound interesting to kind of "perfect a route" by finding good spots. It's like speed running except the random spawns are other players trying to kill you.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Friendly reminder that at least on Xbox the Lifeline and Bloodhound packs are about $10, so if you're gonna buy coins to buy the skins for this event, I'd buy those and get more bang for your buck.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not so sure about this event, and those skins. We'll see once it's live if I'll like them or not. The Wingman/PK skins aren't that amazing, I'm surprised they're Legendary skins, they don't look like it. The R301 and Triple Take skins look much cooler already, but we all know they'll be locked behind a paywall, like the rest of the cooler-looking skins (Bangalore looks nice enough) so whatever.

Anyhow, I finally reached Diamond, through lots of blood, sweat & tears. That's it for ranked for now folks, I can rest well.

EHapPHO.jpg

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
The event page on PS4 says:

Complete Daily Challenges from the Event Prize Track to unlock up to 24 new exclusive items and the Octane Switchblade Heirloom.

That's now both the official youtube video description and the official PS4 event saying you'll be able to earn the 24 exclusive items/Heirloom, which 100% is not going to happen...

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
How is it that on PC there's so many players who can just hit every single shot with a wingman without missing one, over and over and over and over? Like there can't be that many players out there who are just that fucking good that apprently half of every bloody server has these people. Like you see someone and hear the wingman and it's so predictable when it's like:

BANG oh they hit me
BANG oh they hit me
BANG oh they hit me and I'm dead
BANG oh my teammates dead to the same guy

Match after match. I know part of it is the garbage matchmaking always putting me with enemies significantly above my skill because I get a couple of kills and therefore must be as good as a predator, but there's these people everywhere who hit more shots than the average top tier twitch streamer and its suspicious as fuck every time.

The Wingman is pretty much the Deagle from CS and PC players have been shooting that gun for decades.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
had two weird, fun matches where I wanted to play Wraith for a challenge but someone else picked her so I had a random character
first was Crypto where I was lucky enough to get a prowler + select fire and was wreaking some havoc with it and thankfully our Pathfinder won a 1v1 to give us the victory lol

next I was Wattson where I set up base in one of the "arms" of the harvester, had a fence breach, heard them picking up things from a loot box outside, peaked my head out and got them, then my team distracted the other two while I dealt with them

the last team was one Revenant on a cliff; I downed them but they flashed their gold knockdown shield and I missed my thermite grenade throws
we moved to the circle and I ran to a supply drop, turn around and Revenant is behind me taking aim at my teammates
so I shoot them in the back and we win lmao

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Just had an incredible bug. Game seperated me from the squad at jump, wouldn't let me rejoin or actually choose to jump myself. Eventually the game made the decision for me and i landed on the other side of the map from my squad.

wew.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Matched with two randoms who held their own super well. I failed to clutch the win, but we got second and had a ton of shared kills and damage between us. We matched again and ran into a similar situation, but this time we were ready and got the win. Best feeling, making up for a failed clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.