• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played 6 games this morning where a teammate quit the second they were downed. It's either that or people being toxic about loot. Ugh.

I think I need to take a break from this game for a while.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
really fucking sick of the hitreg. Game actively lies to you about damage done and damage received. Frustrating for the damage counter telling you that you've done 200+ damage to a blue shield guy only to die in one hit to a peacekeeper, which the killfeed tells you he hit you 3 seperate times.

Not on my client he didn't.

ahaha got a "do 300 damage with a pistol" challenge. Did 400 in the game, none on downed enemies. Shows i actually hit 231. Hey Zeus.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Stuff like this is why Pathfinder will basically never be beat in terms of mobility.

I think Octanes Jump Pad could use a buff. I'd like more control in the path.

That and revenant either needs unlimited wall climb or a huge buff in his wall climb. All it currently does is give you the ability to get to the next story up. Rev could not climb up the wall in that pathfinder clip.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

That and revenant either needs unlimited wall climb or a huge buff in his wall climb. All it currently does is give you the ability to get to the next story up. Rev could not climb up the wall in that pathfinder clip.
At least in his shadow form he should have unlimited climb or shadow step while running, which would make his ultimate wayyyy more viable.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018

Agreed on both. Octane's jump pad can be as much a hindrance as a help if it's placed improperly, more control would be a big help.

Revenant definitely needs unlimited (and maybe slightly faster climb) to make him more mobile and effective, he's low tier at the moment so the added mobility would definitely help a lot.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the easy way to buff the jump bad is to take into account your angle and speed.

If you sprint into it it acts as it does now. If you slow down and jump on top of it and hit it from a downward angle it jumps you almost straight up.

Perhaps make it so if you go off the jump pad you get more air control than normal.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Over 100 hours and I still don't know what I'm doing wrong. Some games I drop 5 kills. Sometimes I go on streaks where I get no knocks at all. Is it my movement, my aim, my enemy's skill, my weapon selection, or what? This game is fucking awful at teaching me what I'm doing wrong. Never before have I played a game where my experience is so wildly inconsistent.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The ranking system deffo needs a overhaul. The fact that I'm getting matched with players that have obviously cheesed their way to this rank by camping means most of us aren't getting matched with players of similar skills.

Perhaps a kill requirement is needed I'm not sure. But it would be great if I could get with similar players to my skill level, such as players that can shoot a gun at someone.

Also today's loot distro rant: the whole of Harvester without a gun.i was solo because my friend got a connection error and the other guy dropped alone, so I quit the second I saw another team.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Got into a fight where we were all geared up, got ambushed, and I threw my Bangalore ult down to stall. I wound up dying but had 350 damage... my teammates had 49 and 43.

I'm fucking sick of ranked matchmaking. Five games in a row where I'm focusing fire on enemies attacking my teammates and none of my allies are helping in fights.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
In the span of a few hours, I managed to climb from Platinum 3 to Platinum 1, I'm currently something like less than 250 points away from Diamond, at long last! I should get there on my next gaming session, if I'm not too unlucky.

I had a lot of decent teammates today, but also my fair share of shabby ones. One game we had that Crypto who was doing nothing but droning looking for team-fights in order to get some assists from those. He was unreliable as hell, and preferred to keep droning when the Caustic and myself actually needed him in the fight. We ended up dying, Crypto kept on droning, retrieved our banners, and proceeded to get in the ring, and kept on droning for assists from random fights in the distance. Honestly this is the worst, now every time I have a Crypto in my group, I'll assume he'll be an unreliable solo prick who's only thirsty for assists with his drone, and will adjust my gameplay accordingly, until proven otherwise. Trust no Crypto in ranked, fam.

Another time, I had a Wraith & a Caustic who, I shit you not, were soloing in separate opposite ways, I was desperately trying to tag along with one or the other, hoping they'll finally agree on going to a similar place at some point. Wraith almost did when I joined her, until she went to the opposite direction from me and the Caustic we were trying to catch up on, again, and both ended up dying in the most ridiculous miserable way (and I scolded the hell out of the both of them for how shitty of a teammate they were), because they were playing solo, and I ended up camping and giving them the 2nd place and the 24 points they truly didn't deserve one bit (yeah, they didn't quit the game at all even when they were dead for a long time, interestingly). Honestly baffled that those people reached Platinum, they truly both didn't care one bit about playing this game as a team, it was astounding to me how uncooperative both of them were from the very start.

Last but not least, I don't know why I keep being teamed up with Platinum 4 people, while I'm Platinum 1? What the hell is going on, why can't I get teammates my own level? It kinda disappoints me how overwhelmingly often this happened, I don't know why this game can't team me with Platinum 1 & 2 people, or, at the very least, Platinum 3? But no, I get Platinum 4 teammates all the time. It's weird, and it's a bit unpleasant, not gonna lie.

Anyway, here's a video of my latest ranked game, which was pretty fun, managed to do 7 kills and 4 assists, heh! Yes, I sound very tense, I was tense, I was coming out of too many bad games with dumb-dumbs, so my patience was very short. Sometimes it be like that.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Lol at these kids smurfing. They can't handle it in the big league and they have no shame.

0a18ad06-0d6c-4c84-9450-62014ee3483b-1.png

Kid Lasered me in half a second when I peaked.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
And after five matches with no kills, I had a match with seven. We had a leaver, no less. It's impossible for me to know what I'm doing right or wrong.

Also in that match, I got shot once by an L-Star and lost all but one hit point in an instant (i had no shields). How's that work out?

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
In the span of a few hours, I managed to climb from Platinum 3 to Platinum 1, I'm currently something like less than 150 points away from Diamond, at long last! I should get there on my next gaming session, if I'm not too unlucky.

I had a lot of decent teammates today, but also my fair share of shabby ones. One game we had that Crypto who was doing nothing but droning looking for teamfights in order to get some assists from those. He was unreliable as hell, and preferred to keep droning when the Caustic and myself actually needed him in the fight. We ended up dying, Crypto kept on droning, retrieved our banners, and proceeded to get in the ring, and kept on droning for assists from random fights in the distance. Honestly this is the worst, now every time I have a Crypto in my group, I'll assume he'll be an unreliable solo prick who's only thirsty for assists with his drone, and will adjust my gameplay accordingly, until proven otherwise. Trust no Crypto in ranked, fam.

Another time, I had a Wraith & a Caustic who, I shit you not, were soloing in separate opposite ways, I was deserperately trying to tag along with one or the other, hoping they'll finally agree on going to a similar place at some point. Wraith almost did when I joined her, until she went top the opposite direction from me and the Caustic we were trying to catch up on, again, and both ended up dying in the most ridiculous miserable way (and I scolded the hell out of the both of them for how shitty of teammates they have been), because they were playing solo, and I ended up camping and giving them the 2nd place and 24 points they truly didn't deserve one bit (yeah, they didn't quit the game at all, interestingly). Honestly baffled that those people reached Platinum, they truly both didn't care one bit about playing this game as a team, it was astounding to me how uncooperative both of them were from the very start.

Last but not least, I don't know why I keep being teamed up with Platinum 4 people, while I'm Platinum 1? What the hell is going on, why can't I get teammates my own level? It kinda disappoints me how overwhelmingly often this happened, I don't know why this game can't team me with Platinum 1 & 2 people, or, at the very least, Platinum 3? But no, I get Platinum 4 teammates all the time. It's weird, and it's a bit unpleasant, not gonna lie.

Anyway, here's a video of my latest ranked game, which was pretty fun, managed to do 7 kills and 4 assists, heh! Yes, I sound very tense, I was tense, I was coming out of too many bad games with dumb-dumbs, so my patience was very short. Sometimes it be like that.

I think you're getting a lot of Platinum IV people for exactly the reasons you describe above with your various experiences in game as well as the fact that anyone playing solo has a hell of a time getting enough successive high finishes/high kill games to level up out of IV. I was more than halfway to III and then played with crews who had no clue and sank like a stone to where I was back at 4800 again. It is really hard to level up in Platinum unless you're already good enough to have been Diamond/Predator before.

You need a group you play with regularly to level up consistently.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm SLOWLY figuring out snipers again. The Longbow now actually feels like I weapon I can pick up and take to end-game, and Triple Take is still one of the best mid-range guns in the game period (especially with the choke).

The Sentinal needs some love, but I no longer feel absolutely defenseless with out.

Charge Rifle still fucks on people at ultra-long ranges, but that's about the only range at which it succeeds.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm SLOWLY figuring out snipers again. The Longbow now actually feels like I weapon I can pick up and take to end-game, and Triple Take is still one of the best mid-range guns in the game period (especially with the choke).

The Sentinal needs some love, but I no longer feel absolutely defenseless with out.

Charge Rifle still fucks on people at ultra-long ranges, but that's about the only range at which it succeeds.

I feel like the triple take is the most inconsistent sniper of all time. I just have zero clue to its bullet drop and travel time. I CONSTANTLY choke the aim in and fire thkinging for sure this is gonna be a huge damage and it looks like it goes right through them.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I feel like the triple take is the most inconsistent sniper of all time. I just have zero clue to its bullet drop and travel time. I CONSTANTLY choke the aim in and fire thkinging for sure this is gonna be a huge damage and it looks like it goes right through them.
The triple take is less a Sniper and more of a DMR/Shotgun combo. It's terrible at long range without the choke (and even then I'd take a Charge Rifle or a Longbow over it anyday) but at mid-range you can dumptruck people with it. I dunno, I like it a lot, but I also wouldn't call it a top tier weapon.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sentinel would be so fun if it shot faster. Keep the damage output, but a good trade off would be faster chambering. Then I'd actually use it.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Playing with one skilled friend vs queueing solo in ranked is a night and day difference. Had some very good matches today.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
End the night with a win. Had a lad who lagged behind and asked me to lead because i had dropped a squad that downed my 2 guys. Said he wasn't very good and we had time to type so I just told him to be prudent and not dive into fights. I'd rather a guy who used his head over a tryhard aimer diving into fights.

He only had 640 damage and 2 kills but his positioning, prudence and response to pings made him the best squad-mate I've had tonight. Kept people suppressed, smoked and synergised with my pathfinder and desire to flank with the grapple. Only won the last fight because he took the heat from a caustic squad on the high-ground that thirsted after him and gave up their positional advantage.

What a lad should add him to the friends list.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I said I took off my stats and banners off Lifeline.

*picks lifeline then gets a DM*

"I'm a diamond lifeline, why'd you take her, bot?"

*match ensues*

https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d4002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2535431551328040-private%2Fa062243e-bdf0-41b5-a61a-0a29578abf6d.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3D5eUNz7EPGC1wBut1gC2xVy471t6jnUrNbsqeooSMoMY%253D.png

I swear to god the nerve of these kids. Not that they bad, but automatically assuming I'm a scrub because I turned off my banner and diamond trail, when I consistently put upsolid numbers. Get real.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Is it just me, or does anyone else find PC vastly harder than console (X1X)? I am pretty good on both platforms IMO, and on X1 I have 7 wins in 55 games this season and on PC just 2 in 138!! I am almost entirely a solo queue (not ranked yet), and I just can't figure out why the disparity would be that big, even given loose SBMM you figure I would adjust one way or the other - I can get plenty of kills given squadmates that have a functioning braincell.

The only reason it bothers me enough to post about it is because the game plays/feels so much better on PC , but honestly...I think I might rather be pretty good rather than below average and suffer with the slower pace of play and framerate.

Any thoughts? Get good nub type of thing? Make friends? Is PC that much more competitive because there are far fewer players playing? Genuinely confused.

another ash

Feb 12, 2020
Is it just me, or does anyone else find PC vastly harder than console (X1X)? I am pretty good on both platforms IMO, and on X1 I have 7 wins in 55 games this season and on PC just 2 in 138!! I am almost entirely a solo queue (not ranked yet), and I just can't figure out why the disparity would be that big, even given loose SBMM you figure I would adjust one way or the other - I can get plenty of kills given squadmates that have a functioning braincell.

The only reason it bothers me enough to post about it is because the game plays/feels so much better on PC , but honestly...I think I might rather be pretty good rather than below average and suffer with the slower pace of play and framerate.

Any thoughts? Get good nub type of thing? Make friends? Is PC that much more competitive because there are far fewer players playing? Genuinely confused.
Why PC may seem vastly harder than console is due to hundreds of factors honestly so I don't really have an answer but want to contribute. For starters how comfortable are you with mouse and keyboard or are you still using a controller? Mouse and keyboard at first glance may seem simple but it's more of a easy to learn hard to master situation. I used to think I had decent aim until I played Apex lol.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I like about the Sentinel is how it opens up the potential for more interesting consumable-related gimmicks for future weapons. For instance, an alt-fire mode for a pistol that lets you "spend" a thermite grenade to reduce the initial damage of your bullets but prevent healing or shield regen for 5-10 seconds.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I said I took off my stats and banners off Lifeline.

*picks lifeline then gets a DM*

"I'm a diamond lifeline, why'd you take her, bot?"

*match ensues*

https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d4002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2535431551328040-private%2Fa062243e-bdf0-41b5-a61a-0a29578abf6d.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3D5eUNz7EPGC1wBut1gC2xVy471t6jnUrNbsqeooSMoMY%253D.png

I swear to god the nerve of these kids. Not that they bad, but automatically assuming I'm a scrub because I turned off my banner and diamond trail, when I consistently put upsolid numbers. Get real.

To be fair, you're kinda leading them on about the true nature of your experience & skills in Apex with such a setting, it's hardly fair to blame them for believing you're gonna be a useless noob who'll be a hindrance to the team, since that's exactly the goal of you setting your character banner in that precise way. You only know someone's not a shabby player after having played one game with them, not at the start of it, regardless of banner or any cosmetics.

You need a group you play with regularly to level up consistently.

Then I don't know what to think of the fact I've been solo queueing for like 90% of my ranked games. My usual teammate was still stuck in Silver when I reached Platinum, so I made it to Platinum 1 without anybody, mostly.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, you're kinda leading them on about the true nature of your experience & skills in Apex with such a setting, it's hardly fair to blame them for believing you're gonna be a useless noob who'll be a hindrance to the team, since that's exactly the goal of you setting your character banner in that precise way. You only know someone's not a shabby player after having played one game with them, not at the start of it, regardless of banner or any cosmetics.

Then I don't know what to think of the fact I've been solo queueing for like 90% of my ranked games. My usual teammate was still stuck in Silver when I reached Platinum, so I made it to Platinum 1 without anybody, mostly.

That is true about expecting those reactions when I disabled it and I'm getting them, but I still wanna keep it that way since I actually developed a sense of being comfortable when people don't know how I perform because the expectations are no longer there. I've seen a lot of preds with 20 kill badges that constantly drop solo and die first preeeeetty often, even in ranked, so expectations were skewed. I've learned fairly quick not to judge going off banners, even level ones that could possibly be smurfs, or level 500s that rush alone. If there was one for sure thing I learned with this community after keeping my stats off is people really do love assuming. I've even seen and heard as much with randoms that flame other randoms for using a basic skin, instead of a legendary skin. It's wild.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Also today's loot distro rant: the whole of Harvester without a gun.i was solo because my friend got a connection error and the other guy dropped alone, so I quit the second I saw another team.
This was two consecutive games from our landing points (we were the only team in the area each time):

Game 1 - Thermal Station: Lv 2, 3, and 4 backpack, 4 Lv 2 armor, 1 Lv 3 armor, 5 Lv 2 helmet, great variety of weapons. And this wasn't a Hot Zone.

Game 2 - Geyser: 11 Lv 1 armor, only Lv 1 helmets, backpacks, knock shields, and mostly pistols but there were a couple ARs and 5 shield batteries!!

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
That is true about expecting those reactions when I disabled it and I'm getting them, but I still wanna keep it that way since I actually developed a sense of being comfortable when people don't know how I perform because the expectations are no longer there. I've seen a lot of preds with 20 kill badges that constantly drop solo and die first preeeeetty often, even in ranked, so expectations were skewed. I've learned fairly quick not to judge going off banners, even level ones that could possibly be smurfs, or level 500s that rush alone. If there was one for sure thing I learned with this community after keeping my stats off is people really do love assuming. I've even seen and heard as much with randoms that flame other randoms for using a basic skin, instead of a legendary skin. It's wild.

I am guilty of this. When a squadmate has a rare skin on their legend I immediately assume that they are trash. But I have also been called a shit Wraith (who is not my main but who cares), because someone didn´t like the trackers I had equipped. That´s why I don´t use my mic anymore. There are too many shitheads trash talking or blaming you for missplays on their part.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am guilty of this. When a squadmate has a rare skin on their legend I immediately assume that they are trash. But I have also been called a shit Wraith (who is not my main but who cares), because someone didn´t like the trackers I had equipped. That´s why I don´t use my mic anymore. There are too many shitheads trash talking or blaming you for missplays on their part.

Yeah it's a cycle that I want no part of. Until I see how you perform in game, and see the post game, I'm not gonna expect the worst or best from people off numbers you see in the loading screen.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Played 5 games this lunch and every game has had me get taken to fragment by two teammates who die instantly and disconnect.

This must happen to them every match. I don't get why they even play.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spamming X over loot and still not picking it up is a top 5 feeling that no other game can ever dream of replicating.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah definitely not playing this on my lunch break ever again. That was the worst mix of awful teammates and ridiculous no life enemy teams I've ever seen. One squad all had level 500 badges ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.