• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo I started playing again after 6 months...

Opened my first apex pack and received Lifeline's heirloom.

Uuuh that a common occurance?

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, speaking of platform choices, after a miserable start to season four on X1X (felt like the game was running in molasses and I was getting mowed down), I guess SBMM adjusted and I won two games in a row. Meanwhile on PC (using a controller), I have surprisingly good aim, the movement feels vastly better at ~100 frames, but the games are MUCH harder and I have 1 win in ~80 matches (3 in 35 on X1X). Not sure what do here because I want to stop splitting time and XP earning and just focus on one platform.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Now I'm wondering how many packs I've opened total, cause I sure as hell never received any heirlooms, and I opened plenty already 😅

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Hemlock with full purps single fire is fucking nuts. Just throw dozens of laser-accurate bullets downrange as fast as you can click.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
just had a fucking incredible game.

mr. pathfinder with 1000+ kills and almost 100 wins wants to land at mirage voyage. i make a point, multiple times, to land on the area next to it and loot up quickly. so i do. he and the revenant get knocked and killed, but i have a spitfire and eva and a blue shield. i pop up and arrive in time to almost get killed by an octane - woops. it's a sloppy start and the pathfinder leaves the match. the fighting is now at the front of mirage voyage, so i get back up and respawn the revenant on top of mirage voyage while keeping the ladders up gassed (though a pathfinder or octane would have my number. a team is in the hot tub part now so i use my ultimate on it and that knocks and later kills a dude. the revenant gets my eva and the paltry amount of ammo it had, and i go after the sound of a revive. two go down - a wattson and a bangalore, while a caustic comes in for a fight. we tango a bit but he gets the better of me. revenant picks me up while caustic goes to pick up his wattson.

the last of my clip goes into him and the wattson for two kills. the other team decides to see what was making all that noise, without reviving their dude that i knocked with gas earlier, and he dies. somehow, revenant makes it off the ship and off the cliff. it allows me to pick him up and we go back to the little town for some armor and very little healing. then we take the jump tower back to mirage voyage to start the party - it helps a little, but we have white shields and half health.

and the circle is far. we have to daisy chain some jump towers while the team that had knocked revenant revived behind us. in the town we had just been healing. crazy! we make it to harvester, the edge of the map, and thank god too, because there's an unlooted part that gives us just enough for upgraded armor and some ammo. and an r99, because i love it and i need it. revenant hears somebody and i thought i did... and that's when a pathfinder obliviously runs through the harvester tunnel towards us. out goes my second ultimate of the game, catching the pathfinder and a wraith unaware. this was probably that team from behind us as they were trying to loot, and they were caught unaware by a much stronger team, letting us pinch them. revenant gets the pathfinder and i get the first of two wraiths we'd fight.

the entire team goes down, and outside there's a pickup, and still with half health (and now blue armor!) i murder a wattson picking up a wraith, who zips away to heal up. revenant only has an ammoless eva and a charge rifle. good news is that even though the wraith destroys my armor, the wattson had purple armor! but then she knocks me after a short exchange of gunfire, moments before i could pick it up. it's now up to revenant with a charge rifle at close range to make it work.

and he does.

first out is his tactical, so no more dipping. then is the last of the eva, which breaks shields. then it's one, two, three shots from the charge rifle. wraith is killing him though, eliminating his shields and taking his hp below 20. the fourth charge rifle shot does it. revenant takes care of business with the clutch. it's beautiful.

we're at the edge of the circle. there's six teams and 13 people left. there's just enough healing to bring us to full health and each with purple armor. only four syringes between us though, but now we have to run.

our next stop is the town next to the tunnel on the other side of geyser. we get inside and i throw down canisters to limit the amount of people coming in. someone tries and decides against it. there's five teams and fighting is everywhere. revenant and i are just dealing with nerves and making sure we have enough healing and ammo at this point. the circle closes around this little town and the edge of overlook. the next circle will be overlook by itself, but there are four teams fighting next door. then there are three, so we investigate.

the battle is close-range and brutal, on the bottom floor of a two-story building next to the train tracks at the edge of this little town. my final ultimate goes out, scrambling the teams a bit. a bangalore runs back out of it and right into heavy ammo coming out of my spitfire. she's down. revenant takes care of someone else. it's two on two.

then it's two on one. someone tried reviving amidst all the chaos so revenant taught them a very important lesson in strategy and timing. a pathfinder, who i assume must have thought revenant was solo, tries running through the bottom floor to come up behind him, and gets the business end of the r99 instead. and we're the champions.

i've had more damage in a game before (1583) but this was close (1451), and with nine kills, it matches my personal record.

he was good too. he had four kills and about four hundred damage. at the time we were running from harvester to the little town, i thought we could take it all. it really felt like it would be our game after he killed that wraith.

and our pathfinder had 133 damage with 48 seconds. what a shame.

Last edited:

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
It's so fun when you have a 20 minute match and find literally not a single Optics for your Flatline.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i'm honestly just having a never ending miserable time in this game at the moment. each day i'm like ah well it definitely can't be as shit as the last, let's give it a few rounds and maybe try for a few challenges.

first game of the day, paired with two newbies who hot drop us at harvester, then one of them solo rushes a squad and when i come to help the game starts lagging to shit with the enemy Watson teleporting around the fucking place (this isn't a rare occurrence either, apex probably has to be the least stable online game i've played this generation). second game, jumpmaster decides to let go of the controller after jumping without pinging anything, and after figuring out they intended to go to sorting factory, we manage to land last of about 4 other squads only to immediately get squashed by several players who had by then easily looted up properly. third game, train yard (ugh), all i can find is an alternator, get one kill and then immediately get dunked on by a wraith with purple shields and a pk. fourth game, jumpmaster decides to pull a sick epic prank bro and tries to send us into the lava off the edge of the map, me and the other teammate break off just in time in realising this, but end up having to land thermal station as the last of about 4 squads where we're more or less immediately picked off.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
just had a fucking incredible game.

mr. pathfinder with 1000+ kills and almost 100 wins wants to land at mirage voyage. i make a point, multiple times, to land on the area next to it and loot up quickly. so i do. he and the revenant get knocked and killed, but i have a spitfire and eva and a blue shield. i pop up and arrive in time to almost get killed by an octane - woops. it's a sloppy start and the pathfinder leaves the match. the fighting is now at the front of mirage voyage, so i get back up and respawn the revenant on top of mirage voyage while keeping the ladders up gassed (though a pathfinder or octane would have my number. a team is in the hot tub part now so i use my ultimate on it and that knocks and later kills a dude. the revenant gets my eva and the paltry amount of ammo it had, and i go after the sound of a revive. two go down - a wattson and a bangalore, while a caustic comes in for a fight. we tango a bit but he gets the better of me. revenant picks me up while caustic goes to pick up his wattson.

the last of my clip goes into him and the wattson for two kills. the other team decides to see what was making all that noise, without reviving their dude that i knocked with gas earlier, and he dies. somehow, revenant makes it off the ship and off the cliff. it allows me to pick him up and we go back to the little town for some armor and very little healing. then we take the jump tower back to mirage voyage to start the party - it helps a little, but we have white shields and half health.

and the circle is far. we have to daisy chain some jump towers while the team that had knocked revenant revived behind us. in the town we had just been healing. crazy! we make it to harvester, the edge of the map, and thank god too, because there's an unlooted part that gives us just enough for upgraded armor and some ammo. and an r99, because i love it and i need it. revenant hears somebody and i thought i did... and that's when a pathfinder obliviously runs through the harvester tunnel towards us. out goes my second ultimate of the game, catching the pathfinder and a wraith unaware. this was probably that team from behind us as they were trying to loot, and they were caught unaware by a much stronger team, letting us pinch them. revenant gets the pathfinder and i get the first of two wraiths we'd fight.

the entire team goes down, and outside there's a pickup, and still with half health (and now blue armor!) i murder a wattson picking up a wraith, who zips away to heal up. revenant only has an ammoless eva and a charge rifle. good news is that even though the wraith destroys my armor, the wattson had purple armor! but then she knocks me after a short exchange of gunfire, moments before i could pick it up. it's now up to revenant with a charge rifle at close range to make it work.

and he does.

first out is his tactical, so no more dipping. then is the last of the eva, which breaks shields. then it's one, two, three shots from the charge rifle. wraith is killing him though, eliminating his shields and taking his hp below 20. the fourth charge rifle shot does it. revenant takes care of business with the clutch. it's beautiful.

we're at the edge of the circle. there's six teams and 13 people left. there's just enough healing to bring us to full health and each with purple armor. only four syringes between us though, but now we have to run.

our next stop is the town next to the tunnel on the other side of geyser. we get inside and i throw down canisters to limit the amount of people coming in. someone tries and decides against it. there's five teams and fighting is everywhere. revenant and i are just dealing with nerves and making sure we have enough healing and ammo at this point. the circle closes around this little town and the edge of overlook. the next circle will be overlook by itself, but there are four teams fighting next door. then there are three, so we investigate.

the battle is close-range and brutal, on the bottom floor of a two-story building next to the train tracks at the edge of this little town. my final ultimate goes out, scrambling the teams a bit. a bangalore runs back out of it and right into heavy ammo coming out of my spitfire. she's down. revenant takes care of someone else. it's two on two.

then it's two on one. someone tried reviving amidst all the chaos so revenant taught them a very important lesson in strategy and timing. a pathfinder, who i assume must have thought revenant was solo, tries running through the bottom floor to come up behind him, and gets the business end of the r99 instead. and we're the champions.

i've had more damage in a game before (1583) but this was close (1451), and with nine kills, it matches my personal record.

he was good too. he had four kills and about four hundred damage. at the time we were running from harvester to the little town, i thought we could take it all. it really felt like it would be our game after he killed that wraith.

and our pathfinder had 133 damage with 48 seconds. what a shame.
Can't believe I read all that. Felt like I was there with you lol. Nice win!

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
It's so fun when you have a 20 minute match and find literally not a single Optics for your Flatline.
The loot distribution in this game is so unbalanced, I feel like every game items fall into two categories: "I can't fucking find a single one" or "There are more of these than necessary". It's so frustrating to land in an area where our squad can't even leave with everyone armored, but the next area over there's 7 of them. It seems like you find a lot of the same item near each other too, we don't need 4 Double Tap Triggers in one location.

Reminds me of the PS2-era of GTA where the game would spawn a ton of whatever car you were currently driving.
I want to use this post to highlight that hammerpoints/low tier shit needs a buff.

I understand that BR games can have purposely bad weapons. The kind of shit you use early game until you find something better. But I see no point in there being a hop up for these guns. The only time it seems with it is if you find a P20/Mozambique and a hammerpoint in your first initial drop/loot. But that case is very rare. By the time you either finish your first loot or fight you have no need for the P20/Moz.

I even tried to use a combo of Lstar and hammerpoint p20 once (because I found a gold one) and I initially thought it WRECKED.

Until I realized that if I just had a normal gun in my second slot it would have done just as good with more utility. My suggestion is the P2020 and Mozambique should naturally have an INSTANT switch perk built in. You use main gun to strip shields. Hit Y. Other gun is up near instantly without missing a beat.
I honestly don't recall more than a couple times ever I've used that hop up, the pistol category as a whole is useless outside of the initial landing if you're going into combat immediately.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the SBMM feels tweaked to the point where I can pubstomp somewhat often even with two randoms constantly trailing me.

The trade off is I'm also dealing with two potatoes on my own team. I just wish it was a sweet spot between that level I play at and complete bots I'm seeing and fighting. Seems ideal.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The loot distribution in this game is so unbalanced, I feel like every game items fall into two categories: "I can't fucking find a single one" or "There are more of these than necessary". It's so frustrating to land in an area where our squad can't even leave with everyone armored, but the next area over there's 7 of them. It seems like you find a lot of the same item near each other too, we don't need 4 Double Tap Triggers in one location.

Reminds me of the PS2-era of GTA where the game would spawn a ton of whatever car you were currently driving.

I honestly don't recall more than a couple times ever I've used that hop up, the pistol category as a whole is useless outside of the initial landing if you're going into combat immediately.

RE45 is actually sneaky good as a secondary clean up gun.

With a solid barrel stabilizer it is more of a laser than the R99 I believe. You can shoot that thing scary accurate with little recoil.

The Moz and P2020 are just meme guns at this point. Hammerpoints need to go and be replaced with something more interesting or be given some bufs to make them useful.

A purple hop up to make bad guns a little less bad is just dumb. Bringing the disrupter rounds back was a better idea. Make them gold and and for the RE45 and Alternator. I'd probably make the Mozambique have 5-6 rounds by default. It's just dumb at this point with 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFilNBpE0Jw

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Not sure what it is but I never got the hang of World's Edge. My win percentage is slightly lower this season, even though my average damage per game and KDR is higher than my lifetime average. I feel like I rarely have good positioning and can never predict how the ring will shrink for the next round which ends up costing me pretty badly in late game situations. Happy to have King's Canyon back.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Three wins in my last three games on X1, for 4 wins in 36 games. Now 1 for 91 on PC. Do not understand maaaan.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm going to be honest. If I had the aim of some of the team mates I get, I'd just give up on shooters. No amount of practice is going to get them to any sort of competitive level, even in bronze. I got dropped first in a game earlier and spent 15 minutes spectating the other 2 guys. I did 1k damage and the two other guys didn't hit 100 between them, and they engaged in several battles. Only sheer luck and 3rd partiers saved them.

Don't worry, the next match you'll find nothing but optics in the same building/area.

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
ERUXo0aU4AEKnmr

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Love it when my mates are on. We're getting 7 kills each in ranked becuase people are thirsty and try to 3rd party our Watson/Caustic/Gibby death building that we set up.

It really is breathtaking how many people wil just run in without checking. They hear the noise and think it's easy pickings.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, pretty baffled it hasn't got a mag size increase by this point. An extra 2-3 shots on it would make a world of difference.
If Respawn wanted to make it actually useful, they'd buff its mag size and projectile velocity. Right now the fucking thing is useless for a multitude of reasons, least of which being even if you hit your shots, you're not going to knock someone.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An interesting way to beef up the mozambique.

Make two of them.

Aka if you pick up a moz, you automatically dual wield it. No ADS.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I would kill for a lick of patience out of any of the randos I'm matchmaking with today. They push into fights at the start of the game that I'm not ready for and get us all killed because I'm out of shields or have no ammo for my guns.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be honest. If I had the aim of some of the team mates I get, I'd just give up on shooters. No amount of practice is going to get them to any sort of competitive level, even in bronze. I got dropped first in a game earlier and spent 15 minutes spectating the other 2 guys. I did 1k damage and the two other guys didn't hit 100 between them, and they engaged in several battles. Only sheer luck and 3rd partiers saved them.
This baffled me as well when I was really into COD, I would see people at very high level Prestiges do consistently bad and check their stats to show they've sunk hundreds of hours into the game and have a 0.3 K/D. I guess good on them if they're still enjoying their time with the game but I would have given up long before that.
Here's hoping for another new map in Season 5.
Same, but with this weekend event and putting it in for the second half of the ranked season makes me think S5 will have a heavily reworked version of KC (along with finally making the main playlist have both maps in the hopper), then S6 will debut a brand new map.
If Respawn wanted to make it actually useful, they'd buff its mag size and projectile velocity. Right now the fucking thing is useless for a multitude of reasons, least of which being even if you hit your shots, you're not going to knock someone.
Even the mag size would make a considerable difference, I don't think I've ever knocked someone with it unless they had no shield.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
awww yiss i missed KC. Late game Cum-Town fights where everyone is fully loaded is peak fukkery and so much fun.

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Don't sleep on p2020 with hammerpoint as a backup gun. I love when I find a gold one. Take down shields with your primary weapon and if you don't knock them by the time ammo runs outs, switch to p2020 to finish the job. Also third partying with just the p2020 on weak opponents is very satisfying, lol.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Can't find anyone on King's Canyon. Cascades hot zone, zero squads. Ship over Skull, one squad.

5 squads left before the first ring closes every time and I can't get more then three kills, have no idea where people go.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not enjoying KC... I'm good at short and mid range fights, but not at sniping. KC is way too big for my tastes, and reminds me why I dropped apex in season 1

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, King's Canyon is literally short range heaven compared to World's Edge, I don't get it either.

Also, didn't feel like I deserved that win, but oh well, a win is a win!

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't mind the short range. It's the 3rd parties that infuriate me. You gotta pray another team doesn't jump you after you have just won a fight and are healing

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Oh really? My bad. I guess it feels less dense then. It seems like the fighting happens at larger distances

Status
Not open for further replies.