• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So erm....

PSMessages2020021905.jpg

We didn't run into a single squad the entire game, and then the final few circles we camped this high ground waiting for the enemies to come in from outside the ring, where we could hear their gunfire....only both the last two squads ended up dying outside the circle lol.

Oddly satisfying and hilarious just to see 0 damage for all of us lol.

Print it, frame it and put that in the gaming trophy room. Gold. Diamond. APEX worthy.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Last night I reluctantly picked Crypto for a 2-knockdown challenge and ended up sticking with him for a 12-game challenge.
Had forgotten how useful he can be. I tend to run ahead of my regular squad mates, which can get us into trouble, so with Crypto I'm forced to take a seat and scout using the drone while my slowpoke buddies finish looting and catch up lol.

The drone can really mess with opponents; even just its presence is another irritating little thing to worry about. And the EMP is really effective at giving you a big push or repelling pursuers. He'll be one of my regular picks now, after the initial honeymoon period was over quickly.
Crypto is great for the daily assists challenge. You get assists for any enemy that dies after you scan them, even if they're killed by another enemy.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Crypto is great for the daily assists challenge. You get assists for any enemy that dies after you scan them, even if they're killed by another enemy.
Good tip!
I just can't believe I slept on him for this long. Amazing how much success we had with me just droning around for entire firefights, distracting and providing wall hacks.

I also appreciate legends that let you completely ignore your abilities while not using them. Sounds dumb and super obvious, but with Crypto it's great because there's a clear divide. You're either droning or you're not (or getting passive pings from a discarded drone), and it's fun to pick your moments and hiding spots for dedicated scouting/swarming.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm flying up gold. Platinum is where the fuckery begins. You either get team mates that are try hards that rush everything or the ones that have obviously got there by camping the way to the top, as soon as the shit hits the fan they're smashing through walls like the Kool-aid man get out of there.

Also, pet peeve of the day. Lifelines in ranked that snatch gold armour from carepackages/vaults. Selfish loot goblins.

Last edited:

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Grenades really should be single stacks in this game. Getting spammed to death by them is about as fun as playing Ranked and I don't need a double down in that mode.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Wait so you tap-fired when you picked up Anvil instead of switching to Single-fire? I've seen players tap fire with the Flatline at longer ranges so I think it's still pretty good even if you don't hold down the trigger.
I'm not into damage numbers, I just assumed it made my gun better :D The description does not mention anything about having to switch modes.

another ash

Feb 12, 2020
I'm not into damage numbers, I just assumed it made my gun better :D The description does not mention anything about having to switch modes.
The description said semi-auto which in gun terms means that the gun is in single-fire mode but yeah it doesn't say to switch modes after picking it up. Personally I don't like semi-auto mode so I rarely pick it up and if I do I'm glad it automatically remains on automatic.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Look at this shit. Pathfinder solo-drops directly into the lava, then proceeds to spam-ping his banner.

The Bangalore must have muted them mid drop because we lost speed, and ended up landing late in front of another squad. Died shortly after.
I really don't remember Silver being so painful.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The netcode / hitmarkers issues are so obvious in private lobbies. So many times I shoot my buddy, you clearly see the hitmarker but there is no damage done to their armor or hp. You can tell because you'll have your friends HP in the bottom corner and it doesn't move at all. These are wingman shots, you definitely notice a 40 something shot not registering even though you see the sparks and hitmarker.

Makes you wonder how many times this fucks your over in a public match when it already happens in a controlled environment that's being played on the same server.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So i've been playing a lot more lately is there any weapon good against destroying shields?
Disruptor on the Sentinel. Fully charged it hits for 100 on the body.

On a similar note, I miss Disruptor Rounds on the Alternator/RE-45. They could have tweaked it a bit more, but they made using those guns so much fun.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I actually prefer Alternator to R-99 this season.

It may have a slower rate of fire, but it's easier to control and the 15 body 23 head shot damage is welcome against the R-99s 11 body 16 headshot.

I'm totally envious of those that can control the R-99 at anything over 10 ft.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Peacekeeper is still the ultimate shield crack weapon. With choke it can take down anyone's shield. Swap to something fast after the initial shot and it's curtains.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Season 4 and matchmaking still sucks. Tired of being in Platinum (aka above average) and finding people barely worthy of bronze.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
It sucks getting in fight, unloading your main gun, and switching to a fucking sentinel or some shit and not being able to do anything.
I think there is utility in sniper weapons early in a match until about 3/4 of the way through provided you survive. Ranges of those fights are often longer and you can usually inflict enough damage (if you hit your shots) while teammates rush that they are worth carrying. Just realize that at some point maybe halfway through when you win a fight you should probably snatch up either another short or medium range weapon depending what your primary was up to that point.

I won a match with a couple guys last night where I ran Charge Rifle/99 and then Flatline/99 until it was down to four squads and then found a fully kitted Prowler in a deathbox and switched to Prowler/99. I'm pretty sure that switch won us the match as I got the last kill by emptying a clip from the Prowler into a fully shielded Path and needed another few bullets from the 99 to get the knock. Yeah, you might fight at those short ranges a lot early on too, but often you have enough range to use a sniper rifle.

The funny thing is I'm a pretty ok shot with the sniper now but still can't hit the broadside of a barn with the shotguns.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I actually prefer Alternator to R-99 this season.

It may have a slower rate of fire, but it's easier to control and the 15 body 23 head shot damage is welcome against the R-99s 11 body 16 headshot.

I'm totally envious of those that can control the R-99 at anything over 10 ft.
Then it sounds like the R301 should more be on your radar for a fast fire rate than the Alternator plus easier to control than the R-99.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I hit someone for 198 with a purple mag 99 today. That is exactly why I've switched to the 301 this season, you're now allowed to miss like two or three bullets with a 99 if you want to one clip someone.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Then it sounds like the R301 should more be on your radar for a fast fire rate than the Alternator plus easier to control than the R-99.

Yeah I love the 301

I generally I have this opinion of light ammo guns

301 > G7 > Alternator > R-99 > RE-45 > P2020

Used to love me some R-99 but its massively dependent on you hitting just about every shot. And I'm useless at hitting anything that isn't in my face. The other guns are far more forgiving.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I hit someone for 198 with a purple mag 99 today. That is exactly why I've switched to the 301 this season, you're now allowed to miss like two or three bullets with a 99 if you want to one clip someone.
Yup. I prefer the R-301 anytime over the R-99. And it works better at longer ranges. I think even JanKz mentioned in his video recently that he's liking the 301 this season.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Not planning on checking if re-rolling challenges works, need those 510k Legend tokens safe and sound.

I'm gonna miss duos and double xp. :(

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Oh, challenge re-rolls are no longer free. Now I have to actually do "Play 12 games". At least it's not 12 assists this time.
Yeah, I guess it was too good to be true.

As for the Sentinel, I don't care that it sucks, I'll pick it up almost every time anyway because it feels so good. I do hope it gets both a damage buff and bolt speed increase.

I also think it would be cooler if you could use cells for a single shot boost instead of batteries for the longer boost.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Season 4 and matchmaking still sucks. Tired of being in Platinum (aka above average) and finding people barely worthy of bronze.
The problem is that Apex's ranking system only works for high skill players. Since everyone starts at Bronze, and you can conceivably camp your way to higher placements, there's no real way to ascertain skill from your rank unless you're getting to high ranks on kills and placements.

What Apex really needs is a placement system, where your total kills, damage, survival time, and revives/rezzes across ten (or so) matches determines your initial starting rank, and then you move up and down within that rank until you rank down or up and find where you belong in the system. Instead, we have the Destiny 2 style ranking system, which even hardcore Destiny 2 comp players agree is terrible.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The loot distro is still shocking to a level that it makes RNG too much of a factor, especially in ranked.

Game 1...can't find and extended mag for any weapon

Game 2... No body shield for at least 5 mins

Game 3... No heavy ammo anywhere

It really pisses me off when we can't find something like a body shield only to drop the next game and find 4 purples 5 blues and a gold all in the same area.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Jesus fuck. I had a game this morning, won a big fire-fight and another was starting up between 3 squads. I pick up my downed teammates banner and run, the circle is closing. I manage to get to the edge and notice there's a respawn beacon just outside the ring. I run in, revive my buddy and then run back out, killing a straggler in the process and leaving his loot for my buddy to grab.

Instead...he runs FURTHER outside the ring to get his old stuff back, I try waiting for him to get back only for another enemy squad to descend on me and kill me...my buddy then dies inches from the fucking edge of the ring.

I hate randoms.

Yeah, I guess it was too good to be true.

As for the Sentinel, I don't care that it sucks, I'll pick it up almost every time anyway because it feels so good. I do hope it gets both a damage buff and bolt speed increase.

I also think it would be cooler if you could use cells for a single shot boost instead of batteries for the longer boost.
The Sentinel is a cool gun, but it's in desperate need of some love, as it is, it's inferior to every single other sniper rifle (the triple take and longbow run circles around it)

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I absolutely ditched the R99 nowadays, I will almost always prefer a R301 if I can have one.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
For the first time ever, I've stated maining Gibby, and I'm averaging 4 kills a game in gold 1.

It's hilarious how thirsty some people are when they see you, and this is where I'm getting most my kills. Putting down bombardments between my enemy and myself and there are loads of idiots that will not give a damn, running through the bombs, sometimes reaching me with their shields already depleted for me to clean up.

I'm a convert, Gibby is a beast.

another ash

Feb 12, 2020
Earlier I headshot a Bangalore TWICE with the Sentinel. She did not go down. Only 98 per headshot. Kind of stupid.
Sounds like she found a level 3-4 helmet. It does 130 damage to someone unarmored

Am I the only one that still loves the r99? Then again my second favorite weapon is Hammerpoint P2020.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017

I had get two kills in season hree while gassed. Had it early in the season and never did it.

Got it again in Season 4, and this happened. Best game I've ever had with Caustic!

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
kinda sick of the game not showing all jump trails. we landed and spotted 1 squad incoming. turned out it was actually 4.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Am I the only one that still loves the r99? Then again my second favorite weapon is Hammerpoint P2020.
Hammerpoint P2020 is IMO the best finishing weapon in the game. Combine it with and AR or a shotgun and you're absolutely lethal at close range.

I kinda wish that pistols had a much faster swap-time (Wingman Excluded) that way the P2020, Mozambique and RE-45 actually had some sort of place in the game other than being attachment holders for the R99, Peacekeeper, R-301, etc.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ah the duo talking to each other that don't pick up my banner right next to his other teammate for literally no reason just to come in second place in an easy to win fight.

Ya love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.