• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I think the game has reached a point where its basically unplayable solo now tbh. Good teammates are a one in a billion chance. Apex preds everywhere on other teams. Skill based my ass, if it was skill based I might get a chance in more than one in ten games.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
As quickly as this game pulled me back in, I'm out.

The game crashes for me in approximately 1/4 of my matches. My team mates frequently disconnect from games, my team mates frequently get left behind in the lobby. Matches frequently lag and stutter, which can be make or break in some fights.

I've been banned from ranked play for 90 minutes following a completely unanticipated crash. That was the first crash I've experienced in 24 hours, but the system decides that it was intentional, and punishes me.

This has me more frustrated than I think I've ever been with a game. The performance issues are already annoying as hell, without putting the blame on the player that experienced them.

I've uninstalled the game.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
When everything clicks and you find good teammates and snag a victory it's an incredible feeling, but it's not worth the other dozens of bad games. Playing this game solo is a miserable experience.
Going in with just one friend it's a night and day difference.

The servers in this game are such dogshit trash. In the hundreds of hours I've logged across Fortnite, PUBG, Blackout, etc. I have not run into even half of the amount of server disconnects and just overall super laggy moments as I do in this game. Though I shouldn't be that surprised as the TTF2 servers are shit too.
Came to complain about this, got two code:net and horrible server performance all night long.
What's infuriating is that while lag was mostly tolerable early game when nothing was happening, as soon as I got involved with the last two squads I started lagging like crazy and eventually the game froze giving me the error code.

my team mates frequently get left behind in the lobby
This bug has been around since day1, ridiculous that it's still a problem.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
The match making just seems to be designed to fuck over every single solo player. Like every squad I come across is crazy Co ordinated and tight while I've always just got two people in fucking cuckoo land.

There is a fundamental problem with they way they're going about SBMM. Two squads are not equal if one is premade and one is 3 randoms, just because they each have 1 diamond player in them. It needs to either start tracking premade/solo queue ability separately or it needs to stop matching premade squads with those in solo queue.

Last edited:

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
glad i didn't pay for the BP because fuck me solo queue is a bigger shitfest than it ever was.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
38% win rate after 124 games, 400 kills with Revenant, loving this season. Not solo queuing even once has a lot to do with it.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I don't do anything on my own anymore in solos. It's suicide. I just pick one of the other two randoms and follow them everywhere. It's the only way to have a shot most of the time.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
glad i didn't pay for the BP because fuck me solo queue is a bigger shitfest than it ever was.

I paid for it and I'm already out. I'm bummed but at least it was only $10 and got some good skins from it. Still waiting for that solo mode.

I may consider going back to Rocket League and just muting most gamers from there.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If I install the game on my XBOX ONE X would anyone be willing to play with me? I'll be level 1 in ranked/unranked, but at least there hopefully I won't be crashing constantly and banned from ranked play...

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Solo queue or run with one other all the time. No real issues and especially not all the harassment some of you get. I find a lot of great randoms within ranked play.

Does revenants silence penetrate walls?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I can't be there only one that hits the home button on PS4 mid fight.

Some people that panic in competitive games do all sorts of weird stuff.

I had a friend who would drop his controller on the floor.

The most common thing people do, is meleeing by mistake. Because they get so tense and overpress the sticks...

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This was fucking hilarious, nothing like your teammates coming to the rescue and returning the favour to your enemies. Worth watching to the end.

Got downed off the train by two enemies who took turns finishing/cancelling over and over...then my two mates showed up and gave both of them a taste of the finishing/cancelling back.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
I must be in the rare minority as I'm a solo player for at least 75% of the time and almost never hear anyone using voice chat all. Today was the first time in ages I've heard someone speak and they were actually helpful and making callouts.

As far as matchmaking goes I guess I'm just content with the fact that as a solo player I'm expecting my team performance to be worse than playing with friends. My overall win rate is around 6-7% after ~500 games played, in other BRs when I played almost exclusively with friends, it hovered around 10-20%.

Ranked Play seems to help mitigate the bullshit a lot, but I'm still making my way through Bronze/Silver so from what I've read the nonsense doesn't start until after that.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I'm trying to branch out from Lifeline and am exploring Wattson. Unfortunately I often find myself reflexively running up to injured teammates and queuing up pylons.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
I've been playing solo/normals and can't complain about shitty teammates. It sucks to hear so many stories about you guys doing ranked and getting terrible teammates, but I reckon that's a thing across all 'ranked' modes in games. I've been through League of Legends' ranked and you always get awful players.

Hopefully they make a solo mode..

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Played about 10 matches in the new season, always solo, and won 3 times, plus 3 other top 3 matches. I usually win 1 every 100 so I am enjoying it so far. Love that snipers have their own separate magazines, I am even using them more often than before. L-Star is cool, I have 2 kills with it so far and had 0 kills with the yellow special one we used to have in previous seasons lol.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Wait, so if I get the battle pass I don't get the new character? Only way is paying $10 or using the level up points after 20-ish levels?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Been getting back into this game lately but the same issues that have always been there are rearing their head for me again. Tickrate, audio, loot table are all still atrociously bad and it's disappointing to see how there haven't been any improvements on those fronts.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so if I get the battle pass I don't get the new character? Only way is paying $10 or using the level up points after 20-ish levels?
I recommend only using legend tokens (the red currency you get on level up) for legends. That's almost the only use for them and after a while you'll have more than you know what to do with.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
As far as loot goes, I still think the most frustrating situation is if you're still running around without a gun after the first 10-20 seconds.

They should implement something that guarantees at least one weapon in the first bin you open, if you currently have no weapons at all.
After that, they can keep the same loot tables they have now. A few tweaks here and there maybe depending on player data.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, i uninstalled.

For the record, i love this game, the speed of movement, the character abilities, the ping and revive system, the weapons...

I'm at a stage now where Solo queuing has become hostile and i'm very often coming across the following scenarios

Scenario 1: The other 2 players will be useless. They won't attempt revives, they'll ignore pings that an enemy is close, they'll loot the fuck out of everything while you fight off a team alone. One of them may drop solo and they'll have the aim of a drunk Stormtrooper. These guys don't often use voice chat, but when they do they'll be talking to others in the same room as them giving no care about what is happening in the game.

Scenario 2: The try hards. These are the kids that will bark orders constantly and go berserk if i don't suddenly have the skills of a predator player. They'll rush teams alone then scream racist/homophobic slurs at you because you weren't there on their shoulder when they inevitable get downed. It doesn't matter if your low on health or have no ammo, you should have rushed.

Scenario 3: The Duo. These are the two players that will be silent, they're in a party with each other and it shows. They'll drop items for each other without an in game request and they'll follow each other around the map rushing off without a single ping while you're frantically trying to find a body shield. They will not use any in game pings or requests unless they both get downed. If you get downed they'll either ignore you or they'll grab your banner and spend the next 10 minutes looting death boxes and exchanging items 12 steps away from a beacon. They often quit if they're both downed and quite often will drop away from you on purpose

I may re-install in a few weeks during the next event or if they add Solo/Duos. But right now the game isn't good for my mood.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Just started playing this game due to lack of other things to do. 2 more months till Doom Eternal.
Playing Solo is hard, jeesh.

Also, is it me or is this the performance on a one X abysmal? All the tech vids are from Apex's launch and it seems to steadily hold 60 there, but it doesn't feel like that at all at the moment. Constant stuttering and whatnot.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Installed on the One X. My ID there is Chronovector if anyone wants to add me and play :) Won't be on until later tonight though.

Liha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Salzburg, Austria
Solo rank would be amazing, I am a 100% solo player. I can't complain about my random teammates, sure some are really bad and insulting but the vast majority is friendly and their gameplay is ok.

Feel free to add me on PC: LihaLahti

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
should'nt there be a significant buff to the Mozambique? Still, after all this time, every time I land and the first gun i pick up is a Mozambique, i know i'm doomed to failure. I would think simply adding more than 3 rounds in the mag could work wonders.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The most common thing people do, is meleeing by mistake. Because they get so tense and overpress the sticks...

Yeah that's me, it was getting on my nerves so much I replaced it with the voice lines command, so now sometimes during fights it pops up in a middle of a fight and annoy the shit out of me still, but in a different way. I wish I could just leave the press stick command totally unused tbh.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that's me, it was getting on my nerves so much I replaced it with the voice lines command, so now sometimes during fights it pops up in a middle of a fight and annoy the shit out of me still, but in a different way. I wish I could just leave the press stick command totally unused tbh.

Button masher or button presser (can't recall exact name) is the best pre-set button layout to swap to. Swaps the crouch and melee. It doesn't seem anywhere near as sensitive one you swap. Also when you do crouch accidently mid fight it can help you win a fight sometimes. To me it's much more natural to toggle crouch when sneaking around this way. Disclaimer though it can take about a week to fully retrain yourself on this if you have been playing for awhile.

I still hit the home button a few times a month. It's also in a close range engagement. I did it yesterday but think we may have traded kills since I ended up with a second kill and my teammates were not able to get me to a Respawn beacon.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I have a better experience solo queue than I do playing with my brother TBH. When I play with him all I see are Diamond and Predator trails from the drop ship. We hardly ever win games, and when I get killed, of course it's by a player with 15k kills, 4k damage & 20 bomb badges.

When I play solo, I would see a few diamond trails and maybe a predator here and there. I feel much more confident that I'm playing with people along my skill level. With my bro I'm a little bit more scared to push fights.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I only solo queue, both ranked and unranked, and while I come across assholes sometimes, it's generally a decent experience. It may be better on PC though since not everyone has mics like on console, so you don't get little shitheads yelling slurs as much.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I'm on PSN NA and noticed that people on my friends list who are PSN EU won't show up in the regular list of "friends playing Apex" (names at the top of the list, shown in blue text), but rather in the regular list (playing other games, green text). It still shows that they're playing Apex, though. Anyone else notice this?? It's been going on for months and is super annoying to me.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I swear by XB1 LFG for Destiny 2, haven't used it much for Apex but would imagine it's just as good.

You can spot an asshole a mile away in LFG.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Thank you to whoever in here suggested remapping the crouch/punch button on the PS4. Having crouch on the right analog stick is a lifesaver in many fights, it's so much easier to go in and out of crouch during a fight now.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Also, is it me or is this the performance on a one X abysmal? All the tech vids are from Apex's launch and it seems to steadily hold 60 there, but it doesn't feel like that at all at the moment. Constant stuttering and whatnot.
This isn't my experience. I've played some games on the One X and the performance is a mostly stable, super good looking, 60 fps. It's far worse on the base PS4. Only reason I don't stick with that version is because my friends are on PS4 and the sunk cost of all my cosmetics on that front.

I'll echo the sentiment to switch crouch with melee. Not only will you avoid accidentally punching the air but it'll also make slide-hopping much easier.

Seems duo's is coming back.

YESSSSS, BEST MODE!

Not only it's easier to find a single friend online, it also makes fight so much easier as you don't have to struggle against multipe enemies at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.