• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
BH Ult is a beast at range or flying off a balloon. Wonder why you got sniped or landed on... Now you know. Just that little sliver of red is all you need.

Sure the sound can be a disadvantage but if you are already engaged they know you are there already so why is it a disadvantage..? Intel and movement speed make up for it and can get you in better positions or see where they ran off at.

Yes rolling up to a team with the Ult for a sneak attack is a disaster but once engaged or third partying it's not really unless you need to hide. At that point though just flee with that movement speed. Combo it with a caustic or Bangalore and it's like a built in digital threat.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Got demoted to Silver II. Now Gold IV. Hopefully I can finally make Diamond. This map is awesome. Liked it before but love it now.

Had an 8 kill BH victory too. Think that is my highest kc.

Last edited:

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not enjoying slogging through gold. it's always dumb drops, like this last game. Dude goes to land on the building site. 4 other squads coming it, 2 beating us, i say we need to go elsewhere. Nah he lands anyway, i peel off to loot elsewhere, both guys get downed immediately and i get the hard R screamed at me down the mic and blaming me for their deaths.

Like I wish the game cost money so these guys have to at least ask their moms to buy them the game

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I've played 12 ranked games this season and got 6 wins, 25 points away from Diamond. I don't know if I have it in me to grind for top 500, I usually prefer not worrying about points and playing regular games.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Its not something major to ask, but if you guys could refer to Bloodhound as non-binary (i.e They/them), that'd be great

Thanks for the little reminder, I know not everybody read the lore or Bloodhound's profile page, but yeah, they're non-binary and their pronouns are they/them, and it's always good to keep that known so that we don't mistakenly midgender them!

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really not enjoying slogging through gold. it's always dumb drops, like this last game. Dude goes to land on the building site. 4 other squads coming it, 2 beating us, i say we need to go elsewhere. Nah he lands anyway, i peel off to loot elsewhere, both guys get downed immediately and i get the hard R screamed at me down the mic and blaming me for their deaths.

Like I wish the game cost money so these guys have to at least ask their moms to buy them the game

yeah it sucks with MP games.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Honestly the teammates I'm having in solo ranked queue are appalling. Like they're supposed to be Diamond level since we play in the same Gold 2 tier after demotion, and god they're for the most part incredibly awful. They'll drop hot, rush everything and anything, not communicate at all, have absolutely zero tactics other than "see an enemy, shoot immediately" and it's absolutely exhausting. I've had a ton of games where both my teammates died in the very beginning without any possibility for me to retrieve their bannners without a suicide mission, so they just ended up watching 10 minutes of me playing solo cause they still want them points and I'm giving it to them by surviving and being tactical. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. And it's ruining my fun too because I'd rather play as a team of three communicative and alive people instead, we'd have much better chances to win this. But no I'm forced to go stealth all the time.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the teammates I'm having in solo ranked queue are appalling. Like they're supposed to be Diamond level since we play in the same Gold 2 tier after demotion, and god they're for the most part incredibly awful. They'll drop hot, rush everything and anything, not communicate at all, have absolutely zero tactics other than "see an enemy, shoot immediately" and it's absolutely exhausting. I've had a ton of games where both my teammates died in the very beginning without any possibility for me to retrieve their bannners without a suicide mission, so they just ended up watching 10 minutes of me playing solo cause they still want them points and I'm giving it to them by surviving and being tactical. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. And it's ruining my fun too because I'd rather play as a team of three communicative and alive people instead, we'd have much better chances to win this. But no I'm forced to go stealth all the time.

ghis happens to be so often that it makes me stop playing. I wish it had solo

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the Bloodhound complaints are completely valid, but I also tend to do surprisingly ok with them as is and just got a six kill win with them (which is good for me!!) lmao

I think Bloodhound is also the only character aside from Lifeline where I have both the apex predator and hot streak badges

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Xbox lag/performance is unplayable. Worst its ever been. Not gonna play till they fix it. (On the One X too)

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how many Apex actually made Apex, and how many don't even know they were banned. ITT If you started Gold 3 this season you were banned. You started Master 4 if you weren't.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I just don't feel like joining game chat and the amount of people I've paired up with that die because they were busy messaging me to join chat has been so common. Pathetic damage, no kills or revives to boot. There are plenty of valid reasons as to why people simply don't use the mic. Just utilize the ping system. It's the only way I can even play games like OW (wheel menu) because there's so many assholes constantly nagging.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Sometimes I just don't feel like joining game chat and the amount of people I've paired up with that die because they were busy messaging me to join chat has been so common. Pathetic damage, no kills or revives to boot. There are plenty of valid reasons as to why people simply don't use the mic. Just utilize the ping system. It's the only way I can even play games like OW (wheel menu) because there's so many assholes constantly nagging.

I don't join game chat until we win the first fight. Then I'll talk.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't join game chat until we win the first fight. Then I'll talk.

Comms is optimal, but not at the expense of putting up with some of the shit I hear. Lol. It's a team based game but at some point people are gonna have to stop blaming the guy who didn't talk and take into account that maybe they're just ass.

90 damage after a 20 minute match? The numbers are there that you can't land shots. But it's okay. It's because the guy didn't talk even though he was pinging the enemies. You let yourself get rushed? Blame the guy who didn't talk. Lol.

I try to make up for it by pinging often but sheesh. It gets old.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

I'm often in a party with people playing other games so game chat isn't possible.

I don't really join chat anyway now as I've been burnt way too many times by abusive kids. People will sometimes rage crazy if you don't revive them instantly in the middle of a fire fight. The last abuse I got was a grown ass man who constantly told me to kill myself because I took the meds (which I needed more than him) from a death box of a guy her dropped.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm often in a party with people playing other games so game chat isn't possible.

I don't really join chat anyway now as I've been burnt way too many times by abusive kids. People will sometimes rage crazy if you don't revive them instantly in the middle of a fire fight. The last abuse I got was a grown ass man who constantly told me to kill myself because I took the meds (which I needed more than him) from a death box of a guy her dropped.

Messed up part about the ping system (as much as I love it because I don't have to use comms) is that assholes can also abuse it. Spamming banner pings for example. I know I can mute it, but these weasels will find any way to bug the hell out of me haha.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Messed up part about the ping system (as much as I love it because I don't have to use comms) is that assholes can also abuse it. Spamming banner pings for example. I know I can mute it, but these weasels will find any way to bug the hell out of me haha.

Yeah, I've died becuase of this before, due to being unable to hear my enemies.

Respawn really shouldn't allow them to spam ping once you've aknowledged

I often have this scenario:

Guy gets killed and I grab his box and begin healing

He spam pings respawn beacon

I run towards respawn beacon and click on his ping to acknowledge that I'm on my way

He spams beacon even harder.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
you ever have games where you just go beast mode and it feels good

I had one of those. Unfortunately my golden prowler ran out of ammo.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I just don't feel like joining game chat and the amount of people I've paired up with that die because they were busy messaging me to join chat has been so common.

I always wonder if this is what people are doing when they suddenly go AFK. My settings are such that I can only hear and receive messages from the people on my friends list, and I usually mute the squad at the beginning too. I did have one player recently use the text-to-speech feature telling me to invite them to my party. Nope!

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, I've died becuase of this before, due to being unable to hear my enemies.

Respawn really shouldn't allow them to spam ping once you've aknowledged

I often have this scenario:

Guy gets killed and I grab his box and begin healing

He spam pings respawn beacon

I run towards respawn beacon and click on his ping to acknowledge that I'm on my way

He spams beacon even harder.
One game I got downed, Teammate1 got finished, Teammate2 clutched finishing the enemy squad. T2 quickly looted, grabbed T1's banner, then picked me up. I headed for the respawn beacon since it was nearby. T1 started spam-pinging the beacon, so I went "Shut upppppppp". I then heard a faint "sorey", to which I realized he was probably spectating T2, expecting me to loot.
I felt a lil bit toxic lol

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm beggining the think the damage it shows you've done is glitched. Got 3 clear shots on a guy with a triple take. Saw 3 lots of numbers pop 3 times, game finishes and I've done 31 damage.....

Edit: and in the next game I get carried by 2 predators, which I'm not pleased about as I couldn't keep up with them constantly pushing. I have a negative KDR and I'm getting matched with these guys.

Last edited:

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Alright so I just started and it's brutal. I'm getting matched with pretty high leveled players and the fact that the game is trios only means that I can't get to know the map without ditching my team mates. Furthermore, I'm a pretty passive player when it comes to battle royales and most people jump straight into hot spots. I haven't bought the battle pass yet but from my early observation, the grind is pretty brutal compared to the likes of Fortnite. I'll give it a few more days but not having friends to play with makes for a pretty miserable experience for a new player.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Alright so I just started and it's brutal. I'm getting matched with pretty high leveled players and the fact that the game is trios only means that I can't get to know the map without ditching my team mates. Furthermore, I'm a pretty passive player when it comes to battle royales and most people jump straight into hot spots. I haven't bought the battle pass yet but from my early observation, the grind is pretty brutal compared to the likes of Fortnite. I'll give it a few more days but not having friends to play with makes for a pretty miserable experience for a new player.

I have no defence for the game with this. The game is simply not new player friendly. Even if you find friends that are decent at the game you're going to get matched with sweaty predator players that will delete you before you even know they're coming.

Unfortunately your only option is to play the game like your in the movie 'Edge of tomorrow'.your going to have to keep hot dropping and dying over and over again until you learn how not to die.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apex logic:

Being 20 feet away and still being able to discern which character is which by the sounds and depth of their footsteps. From healing sounds to wingman reload sounds to the sound of a Gibraltar ADSing.

vs

Not being able to hear an Octane with his metal ass legs literally right behind you as he lasers.

And yes, even crouch walking characters make slight noises. How do I know? I've heard my teammates doing it next to me, and enemies doing it when they're like 10 feet away.

But RIGHT by you? Nope. Not on Apex's watch. Not today.

This sound design is inconsistent garbage lol.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I wonder how many Apex actually made Apex, and how many don't even know they were banned. ITT If you started Gold 3 this season you were banned. You started Master 4 if you weren't.
If you were a predator that did not got banned you were demoted to platinum 3. Master is the new predator you can´t start from there. There is only one guy on my friends list that did dashboard but wasn´t banned for some reason.

Absolute joke that the game still has no solos.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This season has been chock full of ironic load outs for me. I never really cared for the hammer point or havoc like that but I'm trying to get away from the wingman / 99 combo. Even the L Star has helped me outta dicey spots.

I fully expected this guy to kill me, but you find all sorts of clutz in ranked. Lol.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

It isn't nice. Wish they'd quit so I can dip out and go next game.

On the converse, after whinging about my game, I got a squad of lads who were prudent and methodical. Fought the same 2 squads for 8 minutes across the fragments and only got aggressive when they had no option but to push us. Lots of downs but no dumb thirst.

Wish games were like this every time.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last couple of days I've started getting into the groove of the game again, following my hiatus since Season 2. Managed several wins today and yesterday, between a mix of playing with randoms and pre-made squads. Also have 10 Season 4 wins with Revenant and definitely enjoying the character.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
They need to double the amount of loot in the Harvester if it's going to be a place where everyone lands. I like the overall structure of it but there's not much loot there especially if a few teams drop there.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Both the golden Prowler and 301 are god tier weapons. I hot dropped in sorting and found the prowler and squad wiped 3 teams.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My favourite setup this season is Flatline/L-star.

Flatline with Anvil is great at all ranges and melts people up close. L-star is probably the best backup weapon in the game right now, knowing that you don't have to reload it and can switch to it and blast someone is amazing.

As I've mentioned before, the R-99 isnt doing it for me anymore. I'm getting deleted by people even when I get the drop on them with it.

Prowler is phenomenal but I can never seem to find a selectfire when I have one.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019

Yeah, it's rough—I started end of season 2 and it was super rough but I had a couple buddies in the same boat. All I can say is if you stick with it, it does get really fun. Lots of people do drop outside the hot zone. What platform are you on?

Toxicity is really bad in this game! The amount of kids or grownups who just say the worst shit or get angry with you for not reviving mid fight is unreal. I had a lifeline get super pissed for taking something from their care package, like it's a team game man!

I usually keep comms on because teamwork is so crucial but with randoms keeping it off till first fight is a good idea. Gonna join that ERA discord cause man it can be rough with pub games.

At this point in my life, I instantly report toxicity, no room for it at all.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Got 4 wins so far with revenant

The quality of teammates today so far has been beyond infuriating

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The W is all that matters but when I'm trying to climb back into diamond and I get paired up with people who just avoid fights all match, I'm gonna be miserable. It just makes me think you camped your way to your rank, which hey if it works for you then nice, but holy shit this is boring. And they got destroyed in the first fight.

Like why play a shooting game if you don't wanna shoot lol.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I had a lifeline get super pissed for taking something from their care package, like it's a team game man!

Ok, I have to interject here, because:
I am 100% that Lifeline.

Unless you spent your time to ping Ultimate Accelerants in order for me to call a care package much sooner, unless you brought them to me and covered me while I was using them, I will side-eye the fuck out of anyone jumping like a loot goblin on the body shield level 3 that my care package will deliver.

And EVEN if you helped me with Ultimate Accelerants, be a polite and decent teammate, ping and ask for it first, chances are I'd give it gladly to anyone I feel deserve it more, and I have done so many times in the past. But don't fucking loot it as soon as the care package drops, especially if we don't know each other. I swear to god this is just the fucking worst behavior ever as a Lifeline main because this is just goddamn disrespectful as fuck and it happens ALL THE TIME. The number of time I had random scumbags just stealing it right in front of me while they had done shit during the game to help me (none of them pinging ultimate accelerants not even once and I had to check buildings they've already looted in to find them) or the whole team, is astounding. To those people, this game is "a team game" only when the care package drops, thinking it's a free for all, but resume being solo pricks as soon as there's no Lifeline care package involved. Most of the times they go back to ignoring your existence and pings, and go die in the most idiotic ways and freely give that body shield to an enemy team. Brilliant.

And yes, I don't joke with that, I just (gently) scolded my SO earlier today about it while playing with them.
Don't be a fucking loot goblin, especially with the body shield since we all need it. If you ain't done shit to help me, I don't see why you deserve it more than me.

Last edited:

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
The W is all that matters but when I'm trying to climb back into diamond and I get paired up with people who just avoid fights all match, I'm gonna be miserable. It just makes me think you camped your way to your rank, which hey if it works for you then nice, but holy shit this is boring. And they got destroyed in the first fight.

Like why play a shooting game if you don't wanna shoot lol.

Yeah I only start playing passively when I hit diamond onwards.

when I'm jumpmaster you better believe I'm diving straight down in gold/plat.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I have to interject here, because:
I am 100% that Lifeline.

Unless you spent your time to ping Ultimate Accelerants in order for me to call a care package much sooner, unless you brought them to me and covered me while I was using them, I will side-eye the fuck out of anyone jumping like a loot goblin on the body shield level 3 that my care package will deliver.

And EVEN if you helped me with Ultimate Accelerants, be a polite and decent teammate, ping and ask for it first, chances are I'd give it gladly to anyone I feel deserve it more, and I have done so many times in the past. But don't fucking loot it as soon as the care package drops, especially if we don't know each other. I swear to god this is just the fucking worst behavior ever as a Lifeline because this is just goddamn disrespectful as fuck and it happens ALL THE TIME. The number of time I had random scumbags just stealing it right in front of me while they had done shit during the game to help me (none of them pinging ultimate accelerants not even once and I had to check buildings they've already looted in to find them) or the whole team, is astounding. Most of the time they go back to playing solo, ignoring your existence and pings, and go die in the most idiotic ways and freely give that body shield to an enemy team. Brilliant.

And yes, I don't joke with that, I just scolded my SO earlier today about it while playing with them.
Don't be a fucking loot goblin, especially with the body shield since we all need it. If you ain't done shit to help me, I don't see why you deserve it more than me.

I pretty much agree. most likely I am throwing that care package for myself for body armor.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I pretty much agree. most likely I am throwing that care package for myself for body armor.

Definitely yes. Also, as a good Lifeline, I will relentlessly keep on looking for and using Ultimate Accelerants and call for care packages until the whole team is wearing purple from head to toe. But I get deebs on purple stuff, should I not have them yet. I don't see how that's too much to ask.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely yes. Also, as a good Lifeline, I will relentlessly keep on looking for and using Ultimate Accelerants and call for care packages until the whole team is wearing purple from head to toe. But I get deebs on purple stuff, should I not have them yet. I don't see how that's too much to ask.

How do you even use ultimate accelerants? I can never find them when I get them for use.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
How do you even use ultimate accelerants? I can never find them when I get them for use.

You open your inventory and you click on them to activate them. It takes 7 seconds to load and it gives a consequent boost to the charging of your ultimate. For Lifeline, it gives 25% per Ultimate Accelerant. In some games I can find so many of them I am able to call 2 care packages in the span of 1 minute.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

64a14128ee99d5020b01d7092421f8b1.gif

edit: seeing the double predator players pop up at the end was the icing on the cake....

Respawn don't want me to play tonight. Looks like I'm going to be playing something else....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

That happened to me several times. In ranked.
Once I was in ranked with a friend, and the game didn't give us a third teammate at all, so we thought it was safe for us to commit suicide at the start of the game, we'd have the forgiveness thingie kicking in for not being a complete team of 3 from the start like we should have. We didn't. We lost points anyway. That's scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.