• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I am back into this after leaving in season 1. I am really struggling to get downs and kills, I'm emptying whole clips into people and they seem to do the same to me but I'm downed and they just keep on trucking

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Drop the totem. Press activate on the totem to begin the timer. There's also radius to the totem (20-30ft maybe) and once you leave the radius you lose the ability. If you activate the totem then all damage bypasses shields and goes straight to HP. And once the HP goes down to 1 (within the radius) you teleport back to the totem.

damn ok

I would just drop it

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Had some awesome fucking games yesterday. Got a few wins with some really fun engagements in Capitol City. The lava rift really helps with making that area less of a pain in the ass to fight in. I'm glad those two high rises aren't next to each other anymore and in general I find the third partying to be less in Capitol now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A character who has an ability that's basically an arc star (I guess Crytpos ult?) with Fast strafing as a passive sounds like my ideal character. I'll take the low profile penalty too.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's an attachment reliant weapon now. You really need that an extended mag against anything greater than white shields.
Which is why I'm loving the L-Star right now. All I need is a sight, some ammo and I'm good to go. Never really having to reload is great also.

Im really enjoying Wattson, too. Might make her my main this season instead of Gibby.

So, one of my least favorite weapons and one of my least played legends. This season is full of surprises so far.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The R99 is still decent even with a white mag. I fully expect it to be kitted by mid game, as well. This game has always been generous with attachments that weren't a turbo charger, or select fire.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
From reddit:
iTC33hJl.jpg

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Which is why I'm loving the L-Star right now. All I need is a sight, some ammo and I'm good to go. Never really having to reload is great also.

Im really enjoying Wattson, too. Might make her my main this season instead of Gibby.

So, one of my least favorite weapons and one of my least played legends. This season is full of surprises so far.

Same.
1HXtYv6l.jpg

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Won a match as a team of two last night. We never saw anyone until close to the end when I got sniped at the end of Round 3. Mirage teammate was in Round 4-6 cautiously looking for the last player and used a decoy to flush them out. We won the match with only one kill.

Are any of the bonus legends worth getting, or worth avoiding? I am having fun and may get the battle pass, and I almost have enough red credits for a new character.

Last edited:

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
just died to a 188 damage sentinel shot as Gibby. i'm gonna guess that it was with the battery power up because god damn, that shit was kraber level damage. maybe i should probably give that gun another shot

edit: maybe this was actually a kraber lol, don't think the sentinel can do that much damage

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Won a match as a team of two last night. We never saw anyone until close to the end when I got sniped at the end of Round 3. Mirage teammate was in Round 4-6 cautiously looking for the last player and used a decoy to flush them out. We won the match with only one kill.

Are any of the bonus legends worth getting, or worth avoiding? I am having fun and may get the battle pass, and I almost have enough red credits for a new character.
Octane's probably the least useful right now, but I still have fun with him.

Caustic and Wattson are probably the most useful, though both are situational.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Lol can't believe I pulled that off:

Oh that's smooth! Makes me remember of another Mirage who ran into the opposing team pretending to be a decoy and they didn't even try to hit him once, and then fired them from the back while his teammates where sandwiching them. This is why I always shoot a decoy no matter what!
As for his ultimate, I feel it's trickier to pull it off. I mean, with players with bad headphones, sure, but I'm too used to track Mirage by the sound of his footsteps anyway, they can't really escape players with good headphones.

That's me, I feel seen! I will never say no to the devotion though.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
They need another healer of some sort. I'd like to see someone that can boost health prior to an engagement above the max health and possibly add in a speed increase with the same ability as well. Maybe call them Ampt or something.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
no gonna lie late last season when i saw a devotion i picked that shit up. would shred. so yeah, i mourn that gun. I mourn the G7 too. they did her dirty. don't even pick up the G7 anymore. RIP

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need another healer of some sort. I'd like to see someone that can boost health prior to an engagement above the max health and possibly add in a speed increase with the same ability as well. Maybe call them Ampt or something.

Yep. They rightfully reclassified Pathfinder away from support. If the leaks are to be believed, Loba (little girl from the trailer) is one of the next legends and is likely going to be support. Not healing based, but loot based as all her abilities stem from being able to find and acquire loot.

But even with her, we could still use a lifeline rework or another support based hero. I kind of like the idea of someone being a shield based version of Lifeline. Or a hero based around defensive barriers. Maybe something straight out of Doc from Siege where you have a throwable dart that can overcharge (25HP or so) health or be able to revive downed allies. Downed allies would go through an animation either the same time or shorter than a traditional revive.

In other news, I have pretty much only played Pathfiner because grapple is life and I can't live without it. But damn, I've been loving Caustic recently. He comes in so clutch. Won me 2 games last night.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Been playing bloodhound due to challanges and I almost forgot what a terrible character she is.

And R-99 is now terrible. It's like the energy weapons before in that it needs an attachment to be viable, so unless you have a purple mag near I wouldn't bother with it. The carbine, Flatline and prowler are all better choices now.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
the caustic skin that's still up on twitch prime is pretty great too, i'd still have it on if i hadn't just unlocked a nice legendary for that edgy boi

and the r99 is farrrrr from terrible, lol. that thing still completely shreds close range

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing bloodhound due to challanges and I almost forgot what a terrible character she is.

And R-99 is now terrible. It's like the energy weapons before in that it needs an attachment to be viable, so unless you have a purple mag near I wouldn't bother with it. The carbine, Flatline and prowler are all better choices now.

Fighting words.

Anyway, came across these supposed leaked abilities for a future legend that might tie into the dev tweet about how fans of Titanfall will be excited soon.

Kuben Blisk - Elite Mercenary
  • Passive: Interrogation — "Executing an enemy will reveal the location of their allies for 10 seconds."
  • Tactical: Throwing Knife — "Deals 20 damage and marks the target. Killing a marked target rewards double credits."
  • Ultimate: Payday — Squad kills award credits. Spend credits on powerful supplies."

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Are you playing a different game? The R-99 feels just as good. The nerf is barely noticeable.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for asking, but I didn't see on the first page and 266 is a lot to go through - anyone have a discord for X1X/PC players? I really like this game but find it impossible to play solo.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too many times I unload a full clip into someone and am left wondering why they're not dead.

Unless you're good enough hit most of your shots on the head it's not as effective. I'm seeing more and more streamers and predator players using other weapons.
I personally made the prowler my replacement. It's fairly easy to hit headshots with the burst and its shreds with selectfire.

I'm sure Lstar is better on paper but I just hate firing that thing.

R99 nerf was needed but I think it should have been a pure burst damage gun. The issue with it in previous seasons was minimal recoil and with a blue/purple mag you had so much room for error if you missed shots as that thing would just keep firing.

The nerf should have been to mag sizes for the thing. Make it a weapon that can MELT someone quick if you're on target but if you miss you may not finish them off.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure the outcry against BH. Abilities are far from pointless and I'm glad when a teammate indicates we are following someone with the passive cause we stop running carelessly and pay attention. Also he can really prevent people trying to escape basically helping you finish off squads with passive tracking. Also the ability is great if pinned down to give locations. Sure it can give you away but in some or most cases they already know where you are so it's only intel for your team.

His recent update pattern has slowly resembled Gibraltar and I think with a few more tweaks he will be strong legend at some point soon.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I have so many points to potentially spend on stuff, but no idea what to do with them. Thought about getting some Quips for Wattson…
Anyway, came across these supposed leaked abilities for a future legend that might tie into the dev tweet about how fans of Titanfall will be excited soon.
I don't know who that is, but
Throwing Knives
has me hella hyped if true.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure the outcry against BH. Abilities are far from pointless and I'm glad when a teammate indicates we are following someone with the passive cause we stop running carelessly and pay attention. Also he can really prevent people trying to escape basically helping you finish off squads with passive tracking. Also the ability is great if pinned down to give locations. Sure it can give you away but in some or most cases they already know where you are so it's only intel for your team.

His recent update pattern has slowly resembled Gibraltar and I think with a few more tweaks he will be strong legend at some point soon.

BH's Passive is 100% his best ability. Just knowing someone is near is big.

I do think his tactical needs some work. The cooldown is WAY too long and the pulse is so small. It won't even scan the entirety of a building with some of the bigger ones in Worlds Edge.

Some suggestions.

Keep it the same, lower cooldown substantially.
Increase its range
Massively increase its range but revert it to its launch mechanic of only pinging the location of the person AT THE TIME of the pulse.
It would also be interesting to have the pulse maybe go out in a burst. First pulse is as is. Second one goes double as far but doesn't track enemies. Or maybe it just detects people but won't tell you where they are.

His Ult is ok when done by itself. If paired with a Bangy its basically cheating. I remember once I had a friend playing Bangalore for a challenge and we head an enemy bloodhound activate his ult. My friend panicked and shot his smoke. Me: " OH NO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE"

we got wiped.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Its not something major to ask, but if you guys could refer to Bloodhound as non-binary (i.e They/them), that'd be great

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The issue I have with bloodhound is that her scan gives away your position and is more often than not detrimental to your attack. If they're close enough to scan then they're close enough that you can hear where they are anyway.

The ult is decent, but again, the noise she makes during it can also give away your position.

If her scan was invisible or at least inaudible she'd be much better.

Edit: I've always assumed bloodhound was female...I'm pretty sure a female voices them. I don't really follow the lore so apologies.

Last edited:

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I played Bloodhunter a ton yesterday, and I thought they were in a pretty good spot. Their ult is strong now in a fight, and I had a few opportunities where I started downing people, and it felt insane how long my ult remained active. I don't know how they could buff them short of maybe reducing the cooldowns on the ultimate and tactical abilities.

I like the passive and think it helps to make BH the best tracker. It feels great being able to have an idea where people are or where they went after a fight. Also, I think you can't remove the tactical scan cue, because it would be insanely strong to have a scan your opponent has no way to react too. I can imagine situations where BH scans and immediately starts shooting you, and you're sitting there wondering if it is a hacker and how they saw you like that.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I played Bloodhunter a ton yesterday, and I thought they were in a pretty good spot. Their ult is strong now in a fight, and I had a few opportunities where I started downing people, and it felt insane how long my ult remained active. I don't know how they could buff them short of maybe reducing the cooldowns on the ultimate and tactical abilities.

I like the passive and think it helps to make BH the best tracker. It feels great being able to have an idea where people are or where they went after a fight. Also, I think you can't remove the tactical scan cue, because it would be insanely strong to have a scan your opponent has no way to react too. I can imagine situations where BH scans and immediately starts shooting you, and you're sitting there wondering if it is a hacker and how they saw you like that.
I think the only thing Bloodhound needs is a headbox size reduction and they'd be fine.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The scan still reveals his location which suuuucls. He would be so much better if they just swapped it with pulse blade. The ult is fun but super loud.

Pathfinder can fit two grapples into one CD of the pulse also—and grapple is beyond insane. Hell, Gibby's dome is shorter than the scan...it's pretty brutal compared to everything else. They added an entire 10 seconds to wraith's phase and it's now on the same timer as pulse. Considering BH is recon, it would atleast be nice if a pulse that tracks nobody cuts the CD in half. It would encourage using it much more to double check spots.

But I think the massive head is the single worst thing. I see plenty of people play Lifeline and never use any abilities, just the hitbox + built in faster heal makes her good. Passively being bloodhound kinda sucks.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just installed a 400mb high speed connection in my business which is where I also have my xbox. Holy shit I cannot understate how noticeably better playing Apex is since it was installed. I'm now convinced all the times I was dying in the past and scratching my head like "how'd he kill me?" were probably 85% of the time just me having a shitty connection. Today I was downing most people I would get into 1v1's with without changing anything about my play style.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This glitch that "keeps" your old rank is annoying. I'm platinum now but it says I'm still diamond and it's stopping me pairing with golds in my friends list. Fix your shit respawn.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Just installed a 400mb high speed connection in my business which is where I also have my xbox. Holy shit I cannot understate how noticeably better playing Apex is since it was installed. I'm now convinced all the times I was dying in the past and scratching my head like "how'd he kill me?" were probably 85% of the time just me having a shitty connection. Today I was downing most people I would get into 1v1's with without changing anything about my play style.

What's your ping at now?

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodhound is supposed to be this expert tracker so why the fuck are they the loudest character in the game? Maybe you should get a notification when you're spotted like with Crypto, but Bloodhound's location should definitely not be revealed. And the ult could do without the *heavy breathing*. I think it's the only ability in the game right now that's actively bad for you most of the time.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodhound is supposed to be this expert tracker so why the fuck are they the loudest character in the game? Maybe you should get a notification when you're spotted like with Crypto, but Bloodhound's location should definitely not be revealed. And the ult could do without the *heavy breathing*. I think it's the only ability in the game right now that's actively bad for you most of the time.
People have wanted this. The pulse should only have a notification of (YOU'VE BEEN SPOTTED)

I think beast of the hunt is fine though. The super speed and increased visibility (once you get used to it) is nice.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I'm really feeling the Hemlock this season. Being able to consistently kill with just the bare bones weapon without reloading is nice.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I think beast of the hunt is fine though. The super speed and increased visibility (once you get used to it) is nice.
Maybe you're underestimating how much it helps the enemy. We usually kill the BH within 5 seconds and laugh about how they pinpointed their exact location for the whole duration. I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff only if there's a Bangalore on your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.