• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played since Season 2. What are the meta legends and weapons these days? Haven't kept up with the buffs and nerfs at all. Thanks.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
After a couple really good to decent days, today was just miserable in this game. Plus the 2 player teams and superlag are back in force as well. Time for a break for a bit I think.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Rank play at start of season:
  • Play early and play with people your rank from start. It could mean better teammates.
  • Wait and play people who have moved up to your new reset rank. Could be worse teammates compared to your level.
I don't think there is a right or wrong time to jump into rank. I had some really good matches in rank last night and was hesitant jumping into this early.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Battle pass online shows a legendary loot tick at level 5 and 69, bit in game it's legendary at level 5 and an epic box at 69. Same for everyone else?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That said, there are only like 10 of us playing on Xbox. Hit me up if you see me on and don't feel like flying solo.

I've been asking for this since the 360 days but I really need a way for you to be able to nickname your XBL friends or put them into folders or something.

I never know who is a some rando and who is from ERA etc etc

On another note: I chalk it up to early season and low rank (silver/gold) being cheap buy ins but HOLY SHIT people are AGGRESSIVE.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Battle pass online shows a legendary loot tick at level 5 and 69, bit in game it's legendary at level 5 and an epic box at 69. Same for everyone else?
Yep, kinda disappointing, but oh well.

Side Note: The 'rare' skins you get from level 1 of the Battlepass are outstanding. Crypto's is my favorite skin for him.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Honestly I think this is the weakest BP I've seen in a game, any rare and below isn't worth it, too much loading screens and that shit, skins, line, etc specific for characters which means they are useless if you don't use that character, give me a legendary for each character.

And why is the last reward two skins for the same gun?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I think this is the weakest BP I've seen in a game, any rare and below isn't worth it, too much loading screens and that shit, skins, line, etc specific for characters which means they are useless if you don't use that character, give me a legendary for each character.

Compared to the Season 1 BP, its a godsend.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

Usually the last reward is the legendary and the alt skin for the legendary is at 110. Most legendaries have the alternate skins you can buy with red coins at some point. Not sure if you referring to that some I've not looked at it. I just buy it and will look later.

I don't mind a battle pass with loading screens and music packs. I like the artwork and something as simple as the music changes up the feeling of the drop and menus. I just switched back to the fright pack actually. Dark industrial synths makes dropping in destroyed Capital feel right.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would have Stat trackers for Kills, Damage, and Wins for the Season like in Season 1, instead of just Wins. Honestly those should be bundled together for each character as the first few levels of the BP like they always do.

Why did they stop doing that?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

I don't want to be out here defending MTX but this BP is pretty legit all things considered. Besides the guaranteed legendaries (the R99 alone is worth it here), you get all your coins back, mats to craft a legendary of your choice, and if you switch to Belgium when opening your packs, I think you get enough mats to craft a second legendary of your choice.

I'm also a sucker for new loading screens, since I see them all the time, and new music is my crack. Ymmv on those, but the legendary rewards alone are worth it imo.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I wish they would have Stat trackers for Kills, Damage, and Wins for the Season like in Season 1, instead of just Wins. Honestly those should be bundled together for each character as the first few levels of the BP like they always do.

Why did they stop doing that?

If I recall correctly they got complaints on it being within the pass. But as you said if they could bundle it together it shouldn't be an issue. Honestly they should just give the season trackers away unless they implement some crazy animations within them.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The tail end of the pass is really week. After 50, the rewards really seem to fall flat.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I don't want to be out here defending MTX but this BP is pretty legit all things considered. Besides the guaranteed legendaries (the R99 alone is worth it here), you get all your coins back, mats to craft a legendary of your choice, and if you switch to Belgium when opening your packs, I think you get enough mats to craft a second legendary of your choice.

I'm also a sucker for new loading screens, since I see them all the time, and new music is my crack. Ymmv on those, but the legendary rewards alone are worth it imo.

Wait, what is this about switching to Belgium?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I've still just been playing Revenant in pubs this season, I'm at 170 kills now.

Had a nice little game with 14 kills, if the first one wasn't at 11 squads left, that could've maybe been a 20. I sometimes remember to use the tactical but you've gotta be 100% on point or it won't affect them and even if it does, it barely helps really. The ult I don't even find worth using at all honestly. If you could actually attack with full shields/health while in the ult and got teleported with 1 HP if you die, it would be a different story. So I'm basically just running and gunning.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
We just had a game where every respawn beacon we came across was being camped.

Is this really a valid tactic? Seems like a weird way to get kills. Some people are cheap as fuck.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of people camp the vault next to mirage since the mirage ship can give you a vault key.

In general though, ranked right now feels more sweaty than it did at the end of last season. People are insanely aggressive.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I seemingly get worse at this game with every new season, lol. Really wish they'd bring back Solos or something.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, rapid fire cheat much by the final squad!...cheating by the whole bloody squad too. Seemed like Anvil's with rapid fire for double the damage.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Champ was a Mirage with 1000 Season 3 wins (58 Season 4), I've seen it all now. Knocked him but his teammates got us.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I'm getting massacred like never before this season. Super frustrating. Feels like I never have enough bullets to knock someone despite landing all the shots yet they down me in a quarter of a second.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I'm getting massacred like never before this season. Super frustrating. Feels like I never have enough bullets to knock someone despite landing all the shots yet they down me in a quarter of a second.
Feeling the same, except I don't actually hit shots the vast majority of the time. Early season is rough.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind a battle pass with loading screens and music packs. I like the artwork and something as simple as the music changes up the feeling of the drop and menus. I just switched back to the fright pack actually. Dark industrial synths makes dropping in destroyed Capital feel right.

I really hope there's another way to get the older music packs sometime. I watch a friend play sometimes and they use the Wattson pack, I'd love to be able to have that one. Right now I'm using the Crypto pack.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
finally made use of Revenants totem. i was all alone with no health and lucked upon a sitting train with a gold havoc on it.

ran up a hill but had a funny feeling. So i dropped a totem behind a rock before i finished my trek up the hill.

a lone wraith snuck me from behind out of nowhere. I teleport back to totem slightly behind them and parallel. Pummeled them took their gold armor and went on my way

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
With the arrival of Season 4: Assimilation, all dashboarding culprits who regularly left games have been stripped of their Ranked Series 2 placements and rewards. If they finished Diamond or above, they were dumped back to Platinum.

While their ranked points from the previous season have been stripped, and any chance at the stylized drop-trails from Season 3 had been wiped away, it does look like any repeat offenders have avoided being banned completely.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what happened to the wingman but hit registration for it has felt better than ever. I'd say that as someone who used it primarily during s1-s2 then stopped since.

Also. After looking at the weapon changes...R99 is STILL the go to in lobbies. Like...nothing is gonna change that...clearly Respawn is making sure that happens.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Update 1.28 is online, fixing stability issues and bugs from the last patch.
Was Sentinel really that unstable? I found ONE during 3hrs play last night. They were everywhere on day 1.

My new favorite thing to do is remove all banners and trackers from my characters. That's right lobby. This is my first time playing Lifeline.
I've removed all trackers from all characters. Potato stats were embarrassing, and now I'm Mr. Mysterious No Data.

I admire Respawn/EA's strategy at trying to make me buy the battlepass. They really tried it with the Legendary R-99 skin available on level one, as well as the gold loot tick at level 5 or so, while it used to be around level 50 on three previous battle passes? Nice try, but nah, I'm still not gonna buy the battle pass at launch, sorry!
I'm tempted as well, but not quite convinced. Maybe I'll cave once they start introducing Titan stuff, but just don't think I have the time to dedicate to its full worth.

Having a lot of fun with S4. Is there an ERA Apex discord? Play sometimes when friends aren't available and would rather not have pub teammates.

Still do wish they'd rebalance some of the legends a bit more, but really digging season 4 so far. And the battle pass is legit.
Sign me up for this, please. PS4 as well.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Havoc seems to be showing up way too often, I seem to find at least 4 in every area.

Carbine and Longbow are rare, I don't see many of them at all

For some reason I'm now melting people with the Flatline, Spitfire and Wingman...I wonder if something was done to heavy weapons

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
how does revenants totem work???

Drop the totem. Press activate on the totem to begin the timer. There's also radius to the totem (20-30ft maybe) and once you leave the radius you lose the ability. If you activate the totem then all damage bypasses shields and goes straight to HP. And once the HP goes down to 1 (within the radius) you teleport back to the totem.

Status
Not open for further replies.