• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I love the new Favorite shuffle system for Legend skins, but it would be far more useful to me if weapon skins were supported. That's where the majority of my legendaries are, and I have several guns that I wish I could rotate skins for.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's a lot of words to say that Crypto is a legend that you need someone super skilled at to play, and god know 95% of the player-base are just averagely skilled, myself included. Which means that on average, Crypto will suck, and that's just a fact (no matter what anecdotal "I saw a good Crypto once in a blue moon" evidence people will bring), I don't know why we're even arguing over it here, this is ridiculous. I'll never be happy to see one on my team, even less so if I'm playing ranked, what a waste of a good spot for an actually useful legend! Also, bold of you to assume that the 5% of player who could play Crypto good because they're pro players, do not do so because they're too clueless to pick up a different legend than the ones they're used to? Well, that's a take. How about: they know the game better than the both of us combined, are pro at this, and know that Crypto sucks and will never use him at a Master/Apex Predator level. Because that's the tea. Pretty sure, should a legend truly have abilities pro-players find interesting enough to use, they will do so, overwhelmingly. That's what happened to Wattson when she replaced Lifeline in the meta back in S2. They're not daft.

But you're free to your opinion, I guess.
And I say that as someone who wanted to love Crypto, and actually love the character itself. Just his set of abilities, they're overall inconsequential and pale in comparison to what almost all other legends have to offer.

As someone that played a lot of Crypto his benefit is that of teammates getting the kills, squad avoiding conflicts, prepping for last few squads, finding the "right loot path", softening a team to attack, defending your six automatically etc. I got "quite good but not brilliant" with Crypto and I'm fine with essentially giving all the benefits or the last minute banner saves to my teammates with very little statistics or XP progression TBH. When you can elevate your regular other two squad mates from 5-8 kills to 10+ kills per game on the regular you know you're being effective using Crypto.

I agree in an engagement Crypto is the weaker legend but that's not his main purpose, it isn't to go kill a squad 1 v 3. It's to soften the squad, support the squad, provide intel in a range of ways, be a clean up finisher etc. Most players just want the slayer glory of a high kill count next to their name so they just don't take the time to play Crypto. I find it rewarding to do more than just slay, I get out-slayed more so on aiming skills than anything tactical so it's nice to have those support elements to provide my squad.

If I'm with randies then forget playing Crypto that's a ticket to a quick death or solo play for the rest of the game. Another layer as way many "can't" pick Crypto is too many randy matched players will straight up quick before you even get to drone save their banner, let alone revive them. Ranked play may be different to my experience, we can't get matched games at diamond and above from Australia, we simply have to choose other server regions and the level of latency is simply unfair so we just stop playing ranked in the end.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
not a fan of the soft reset, back to a sea of solo-diving morons and 0 teamplay. Peaple really need to be able to drop out of rank tiers.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
WaPo: Titanfall fans should get excited for the future of Apex Legends, says Respawn

"We understand there's a desire for us to reference and go back to things we introduced in Titanfall, and we love doing that when it makes sense," said Apex Legends game director Chad Grenier. "But I don't want to give out too much information. But there are quite a few surprises, and Titanfall fans will be delighted."

MWzkmKw.gif

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine them launching that rumored PvE mode with the next-gen consoles.

End of trailer: "Prepare for Titanfall..."

NKDlrgs.gif

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, one of the daily challenges is to complete 12 games. That seems like an awful lot for someone like me. At least there is the 2 game one.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Can anyone explain how the crevasses with the air jets work? I've seen people fall in and then slowly float out and they seem to always be easy one shots.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
After a nice long session last night, must say I'm really happy with how S4 is kicking off.

Revenant is great. I feel like both Silence and Death Totem are amazing when you're assaulting a squad that's hunkered down somewhere.
Totem especially is much more effective if they're less likely to move from their spot. Silence is fun to throw around to hassle folks (as the cool-down feels pretty short), and can be devastating when used on turtlers. His passives are also pretty good. I like legends that have such situational movesets.

The map changes are awesome. Harvester is a great place to land and fight at any point, and I really like how they've torn up other parts of the map. Really makes you appreciate the love and detail that's going into this game.

The Sentinel... I groaned loudly when they announced another sniper, but this thing is legit.
Might be in combination with the new sniper ammo, the cool Shield Cell charge gimmick, or the splendid animation/sound, but it's made me appreciate mid-long range plays so much more. Not sure what it is, but the Sentinel has been really good to me so far even with my potato skills. Makes me feel like trying to improve.

Overall, I'm pretty stoked about getting back into Apex. Here's a lame little clip to celebrate:

Wow, one of the daily challenges is to complete 12 games. That seems like an awful lot for someone like me. At least there is the 2 game one.
Yeah, that was a doozy. Managed to play exactly 12 games last night (for better or worse). Hope it's not a common one, as I don't often have 2-3 hours to spare...

Can anyone explain how the crevasses with the air jets work? I've seen people fall in and then slowly float out and they seem to always be easy one shots.
See design director Jason McCord's explanation of the map changes here.

The original design of the new fissure had players drop to their death if they had the misfortune of missing a jump. We wanted this gap to matter - for players to fight across and control the bridges as the only way across. This let certain Legends shine (Pathfinder / Octane for crossing, Caustic / Wattson for defending) and created some intense firefights when the ring was approaching. The problem was, a fatal fall felt too punishing. The last thing we wanted was players avoiding the new map changes because they had an unfair experience.

Now, if you jump into the fissure that cuts through Capitol City you'll slowly be carried back up from the heated, pressurized air, and allowed to coast across and land on the other side. This is balanced by two things. First, you take 25 damage from the intense heat and embers floating inside. This is a consistent amount of damage every time you drop back down. Second, you travel very slowly, in third person, while moving in the updraft. You are essentially a flying loot piñata for any nearby enemy players.

Competitive integrity is always a big factor while designing new features, and our main concern with this feature was allowing players to escape fights they are losing by sliding into the fissure and sailing away. We think the damage and slow rise make players respect the gap while in a firefight, while, in calmer moments, allowing players to have fun and experiment with this new space without the risk of immediate death.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I see the general consensus is that Mirage, Lifeline, Crypto and Bloodhound could all use a boost.

Bloodhound maybe,but Mirage ?I disagree.Lifeline is also ok imo.(maybe her ultimate needs a little boost -a bubble shield ? )
(and Crypto is maybe fine...he just isn't a legend for beginners maybe)

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lifelines ult needs to get changed. I was never a fan of the care package anyway but the instant heal from the testing event can be too obnoxious, but I'd like something like that for an ult.

Also, her shield revive is probably one of the worst things ever solely because it gives away your position and you're a sitting duck as soon as you exit the animation. They should at least let you keep a shield up for a second if you manage to get a successful rez off. Other than that she's fine.

Pathfinders hitbox is still an issue. Not even a low profile nerf is helping me.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Sound glitches and invisible drops will be in the game forever. I just shrug it off now.

I dropped into the Hotzone today,and all 3 of us were scanning around us...no one at this spot we all thought. Landed and another team were already there with a third team suddenly appearing next to us as we landed.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sound glitches and invisible drops will be in the game forever. I just shrug it off now.

I dropped into the Hotzone today,and all 3 of us were scanning around us...no one at this spot we all thought. Landed and another team were already there with a third team suddenly appearing next to us as we landed.

It might be the most inconsistent sound design in recent memory. Not even Blops4 gets this bad, especially as often as it feels. Respawn should get some pointers from DICE when it comes to solid 3D audio.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
They refuse to add legends with decent abilities because they're too afraid that they might turn out to be OP, while Pathfinder and Wraith are the most OP legends and they do nothing about them, either make those two as weak as other legends or remove other legends and make this game a Pathfinder and Wraith game.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Update 1.28 is online, fixing stability issues and bugs from the last patch.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My new favorite thing to do is remove all banners and trackers from my characters. That's right lobby. This is my first time playing Lifeline.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I watched a match on stream recently where the whole lobby had default skins on both Legends and guns. Everything got reverted to default for some reason, so they had to re-equip skins, charms, poses, etc.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Two wins yesterday with Revenant. One win we had last circle and I used Silence to prevent a pathfinder from zipping back in from the circle. Killed him instantly.

I like him. I don't know if he really offers anything but I like playing him. I love his voice lines and his ability to sneak.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
would be cool to see a mini Titan drop be a new legend's ultimate - altho i can't see how they'd balance it outside of making the pilot super fragile otherwise

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
a bit like last season, someone on reddit posted a calendar to help those who want to complete the battle pass before the end of the season. left side represents what bp level you want to be at the given date if you want to hit 100 before the end, the right side 110:
JCTA2fj_d.jpg

because i can't help myself i'll probably end up grinding a lot of this like i did last season, despite telling myself i wouldn't do so as much 👀 the flatline skins legit look great and seem to have slightly better iron sights, which is one of my issues with it normally

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I admire Respawn/EA's strategy at trying to make me buy the battlepass. They really tried it with the Legendary R-99 skin available on level one, as well as the gold loot tick at level 5 or so, while it used to be around level 50 on three previous battle passes? Nice try, but nah, I'm still not gonna buy the battle pass at launch, sorry!

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I admire Respawn/EA's strategy at trying to make me buy the battlepass. They really tried it with the Legendary R-99 skin available on level one, as well as the gold loot tick at level 5 or so, while it used to be around level 50 on three previous battle passes? Nice try, but nah, I'm still not gonna buy the battle pass at launch, sorry!
Hah, to be honest I can't fathom not buying the BP. Love to have those unlockables to grind for.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Main reason I buy it is that I'll have enough crafting materials to unlock a legendary at the end which is worth more than the BP itself.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
The crafting materials for two Legendary skins of your choosing are the best thing about the battle passes. This one having the R-99 skin with awesome ironsights as well as the Flatline makes it the best one so far.

Not to mention that if you complete the battle passes, you only pay for the first one and the subsequent ones are free.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh I'm gonna buy the battle pass eventually, don't worry, that Wattson skin is too good to pass. I don't how long I'll wait though. I bought the S3 battle passed around level 93, that was fun to unlock everything all at once.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I'm gonna buy the battle pass eventually, don't worry, that Wattson skin is too good to pass. I don't how long I'll wait though. I bought the S3 battle passed around level 93, that was fun to unlock everything all at once.
There are two legendary ticks this time around. One at level 5 and the other around level 80 or something like that.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'll buy the limited event packs with the extra coins earned sometimes. Sure I'll need to buy a new battle pass if I don't have enough carried over but I got that caustic Santa Skin!

If timed right I can see revenant shifting a battle with that silence. I was mid animation on throwing a dome for it to only be cancelled. Luckily we were near cover and didn't die. Can the silence go through walls? If so I could see him used against teams trying to bunker down and wraith portal out last second before a ring collapse. Just throw it against the building or under the building. I still think if you are hit with it you should remain silenced for the duration. It seems to only have a range area which is strange.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know this is a known issue, but does anyone have advice on preventing that 'DEVICE HUNG' hard crash? It seems to happen once a day for me here on PC, all my drivers etc are updated and I can't understand why it's so consistent. I only have time for a couple games at a time, so frustrating to be kicked right after you loot up and kill the first squad.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Note to self: Don't try to stick with an LFG crew that is bad. Just ghost them.

Only had 40 points to go until gold. AKA easy 1-2 games.

It took like 10. Had some kid who wouldn't shut up, was easily distracted, called bullshit on everything, thought he was hot shit.

"I got the vault key, im gonna head there now"
"Hold up lets finish looting Mirage first and then we will go"
"No its ok Ill go first you guys can stay here"
"No don't go alone, stay with u
"I know what I'm doing"

-30 seconds later-

WHAT THE FUCK THERES A SQUAD HERE WHERE ARE YOU GUYS

Oh I forgot to mention he insisted on maining Rev despite not having one useful play with his abilities.

tbh I think we're just gonna get some of the anti titan weapons repurposed.

That or the much much requested "Pilot" legend.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019
Having a lot of fun with S4. Is there an ERA Apex discord? Play sometimes when friends aren't available and would rather not have pub teammates.

Still do wish they'd rebalance some of the legends a bit more, but really digging season 4 so far. And the battle pass is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.