• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is with this garbage ass lag every time a new season drops? Frame drops and slow down aren't enough I guess.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
One issue that is driving me nuts is getting hit when you're clearly around a corner and there is no line of sight. It's not new but since I stopped playing Wraith and having her phase, it's brutal how bad the hit detection lags. I was 10 feet around the corner of a building and kept getting shot.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They need to lock revenant out of ranked OW style. So many not throwing tacticals, or dropping totems.

Like at all.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the feel of the Sentinel, but the damage isn't that great. I'm not a fan of a Shield Battery to power it, it would be much more satisfying if it was a shield cell.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Revenant jumpmaster drops us on the planet harvester
me and Bangalore drop someone close, Revenant on the other side alone
grab a longbow and kill a two person team before I even get a shield
Bangalore comes over to loot the deathboxes I pinged
Revenant goes down, killed as we're running over
prime spot for a long range sniper battle with us at a height advantage, while the enemy squad sits on Revenant's box

Revenant spamming the button while we're fighting in a totally winnable situation with a respawn beacon right nearby
until they seemingly get annoyed that the fight is taking too long and disconnect
🙄

and then Bangalore and I won the match and I got the final kill with a longbow headshot lmao

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a pretty long session.

Overall I'm really happy with the overall weapon stuff they've done. Reclassing a bunch of weapons into its own sniper ammo class was a really smart decision I never thought about before. It works out exactly how they said, where the ammo actually becomes relevant so you don't necessarily just take every potshot you see. I already had an endgame near train yard where it kicked in and we won off my literal last shot in the sentinel, it reminds me of the shotty changes where one perk (of many) to running the peacekeeper was when it had 64 ammo per stack, you never needed more than that and it made the gun super easy to run in an inventory. 40 sniper shots for two slots is a much bigger ask.

Sentinel itself is pretty fun, and I wasn't really happy to see another sniper (like many). The feedback on that thing is incredible, though I'm not sure how it fares vs. Longbow given how much slower it is to fire. The battery mechanic is fun, but a charged headshot is seemingly the same so it only appears to help body hits.

I like Revenant but I agree with the above that his abilities feel a little eh. The ult specifically is very hard to get to utilize in a truly helpful scenario, 100hp is super squishy in this game and it's hard to pair it with much else (ala a wraith portal) due to the range limit. Been trying to theorycraft some stuff for it but it's kinda tough, and Caustics will have a field day putting gas by totems since anyone who voids back just dies. Silence isn't as impactful in Apex as it is in something like Overwatch so that doesn't feel like it can swing all that much outside of specific targets like Wraith or Path being disabled if they intended on escaping. Would need to see it tested in specific scenarios too, like if a Pathfinder gets silenced midgrapple does it detach or let him finish, since it's a lot worse if it doesn't stop. It also does like jack shit for damage, so if you run into wraith CQC you're still better off firing, making her phase and chasing than you are tossing a tickle bomb that "commits" her into a fight she already won.

But what makes him still feel pretty solid are some nice passives. That crouch walk has been really nice, it's super fast and even in a gun fight can help if you're mixing in crouch strafes with normal movement while hipfiring, and his extended wall climb can let you flank people in ways they really don't expect. Still, new people will always have to be compared to the top of the litter and I still can't say picking that stuff up is better than just being Pathfinder and having stupid amounts of flanks, escapes, and general plays Grapple enables. I also feel like there's two tiers of Low Profile, people with escapes (wraith, path), people that need to commit (Wattson, Lifeline, Revenant). Low Profile is a lot worse for the latter.

Flavorwise he's been A+. His lines are great, and the complete dickbag way he thanks people and makes callouts is great.

I wish they did more Legend balance wise. The bloodhound thing is pretty throwaway and does nothing to help the character in any real area. I really expected Mirage to get that dummie ult but instead he's still just...eh. Octane continues to be worse-in-every-way-pathfinder. Stuff like that really needs some help.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I like the harvester area a lot. It's a big change, I've spent entire matches in there quite a few times. There's so much space and different contained areas to move to. You can get quite a few 1v1 fights in there without a lot of 3rd party action. Haven't spent much time in the new fractured area, the couple times I did though I felt similar to Harvester, more ability to get a 1v1 fight off before getting third parties.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
On console Sentinel is insane. I only use the disruptive shot when my teammates spot a team pushing or my back is to the wall and I need to maximize DPS to clutch a game and it works well in that case. Otherwise it's a great poking gun and a phenomenal gun to take out mid fight and down a weakened player. Huge fan of it so far.

Not sure if it's just the new lighting or maybe they changed up a lot of the terrain, but it feels largely like a new map in the south. Definitely have lost my bearings several times already.

Also love the additional jump towers on the west side of the map.

That being said, Revenant is a bit underwhelming so far. His silence is pretty good and passive is...fine. But his ult is incredibly underwhelming. It seems like without proper planning (have lifeline or gibby drop their tactical beside the totem) or the perfect situation, it's largely disadvantageous. The range of the respawn area is also pathetic.

It might become TOO powerful, but you should literally become a shadow from shadowfall when you hit the totem. Maybe not with the super speed and super jump, but infinite climbing and not as insanely strong, but still stronger melee when you have no guns out.

A more simple buff would just be increasing the range drastically and the duration slightly.

I'm not sure though, might need some more time with him, but feels like they missed the mark with his kit.

Last edited:

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Sentinel itself is pretty fun, and I wasn't really happy to see another sniper (like many). The feedback on that thing is incredible, though I'm not sure how it fares vs. Longbow given how much slower it is to fire. The battery mechanic is fun, but a charged headshot is seemingly the same so it only appears to help body hits.
Thanks for the great impressions! I think the charged Sentinel shot is supposed to be effective against shields, not necessarily helmets/headshots. Or maybe you were hitting opponents without helmets?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know characters run speed is similar but every time I pick anybody but Lifeline their animations always feel "slow" and "clunky". Even Revenants hands moving back and forth while sprinting felt weird.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Didn't Respawn release stats a while ago that showed only 5% of community made it to Predator?

Which makes it ridiculous that myself (A player that can't get out of Plat) hasn't had one game this season where I haven't been in a lobby with at least one other full predator team!

Now, the game either deems me some sort of Pro that can regularly get wins, of I'm the most unlucky guy alive.

Last edited:

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care if Revenant is a letdown or not, his legendary skins are absolutely gorgeous - Bird of Prey in particular - and I'm gonna carry on using him just because of how cool the skin is haha.
Plus his totem actually helped my squad win a gunfight and his active helped me solo wipe a full team so 🤷‍♂️

dodo021

Oct 27, 2017
I know characters run speed is similar but every time I pick anybody but Lifeline their animations always feel "slow" and "clunky". Even Revenants hands moving back and forth while sprinting felt weird.
It's because Lifeline is small. Same thing for Waith. If you pick a taller legend they seem slower because you are less closer to the floor.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Respawn release stats a while ago that showed only 5% of community made it to Predator?

Which makes it ridiculous that myself (A player that can't get out of Plat) hasn't had one game this season where I haven't been in a lobby with at least one other full predator team!

Now, the game either deems me some sort of Pro that can regularly get wins, of I'm the most unlucky guy alive.
The majority of the 95% of non-Predator players are probably playing a few hours a week. The Predator players are playing hours every day. So you're much more likely to get in a match with them. They're also so good they're most likely going to show up in the champion screen.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry, am I the "not fun allowed person" for hating Revenant?

His ult is just absurd. It allows whole team to just play extremely risky, just attack like a bunch of fools, deal damage and die, cause they will resurrect. I think it's just a little bit too much this time. Now every team has to have one Revenant.

And when I see team affected by totem attacking me, I feel like I just want to let myself be killed. It's death or running away, because why waste ammo and kill them if they will come back...

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
First play session thoughts:

- The increased accuracy of the Havoc isn't worth the long wind-up time in a lot of situations. Should be a decent option early game, but not as good as I thought in practice.

- L-Star is a ton of fun now, and a lot more versatile under pressure in comparison. Will definitely be picking this up a lot more often.

- Revenant ultimate seems to do more harm than good for your team in a lot of situations. Very rarely equated to a "free life" and more often just caused the team to stagger and become uncoordinated. Maybe better with more practice, but not a fan at the moment. Seems like it might need more range to work as intended?

- Longbow just seems like a better option than the Sentinel if you have decent aim. Charge Rifle just seems like a better option if you don't want to aim.

Last edited:

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Now that Pathfinder has been reclassified as recon, Lifeline is the only support legend left standing. Hopefully the next legend is support. Any ideas of what kind of support character could be added?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah I thought I'd enjoy the Havoc more, but it missing the Turbocharger and having a delay makes it still not a top-tier weapon. It's a bummer, it's almost there tbh, they just need to fix that delay a bit more.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, am I the "not fun allowed person" for hating Revenant?

His ult is just absurd. It allows whole team to just play extremely risky, just attack like a bunch of fools, deal damage and die, cause they will resurrect. I think it's just a little bit too much this time. Now every team has to have one Revenant.

And when I see team affected by totem attacking me, I feel like I just want to let myself be killed. It's death or running away, because why waste ammo and kill them if they will come back...
It's not as bad as you think. Anyone who has used the totem only has 100 health and no shields, so you should be able to drop them pretty quick. When they respawn at the totem, they will have full shields but only a tiny bit of health, so they will most likely need to spend a bit of time healing up before they push you again.
I'm sure a well co-ordinated team could use it to win a large amount of their fights, but Revenant's ult isn't as powerful as it appears at first glance.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
It's not as bad as you think. Anyone who has used the totem only has 100 health and no shields, so you should be able to drop them pretty quick. When they respawn at the totem, they will have full shields but only a tiny bit of health, so they will most likely need to spend a bit of time healing up before they push you again.
I'm sure a well co-ordinated team could use it to win a large amount of their fights, but Revenant's ult isn't as powerful as it appears at first glance.

or just bomb the area where the totem is. :D

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Revenent's main advantages are the quick crouch and climb which i'm going to guess will be alot more devastating in KC. The totem can be easily countered ( i destroyed a team with Caustics Gas).

I'm amazed Mirgage didn't get the Dance Party, seems like a simple edition.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
what?Crypto is great ! his drone is very helpful !

In the meta, and outside of the meta, Crypto is pretty much one of the weakest, if not the weakest legend there is. I'm always rolling my eyes a bit when I see someone picking him on my team, cause that means they're gonna be useless as hell. And 90% of the time, that hunch turns out to be true.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
In the meta, and outside of the meta, Crypto is pretty much one of the weakest, if not the weakest legend there is. I'm always rolling my eyes a bit when I see someone picking him on my team, cause that means they're gonna be useless as hell. And 90% of the time, that hunch turns out to be true.

why?again i really like his drone.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

A good Crypto is hard to find but they are super annoying if they know what they're doing. I won a game yesterday with a random Crypto who was constantly using his drone to pin point enemies. His drone ended up getting us the win in the last circle after he used is ult and we went storming in after them. But I agree, overall he's the weakest legend.

Revenant will be the ultimate pain in the ass once people realize you can crouch sneak just as fast as running. Crouch sneaking with a Peacekeeper or R99 will be the ultimate dick move in the game. Just watch.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Anytime spent using the drone is a scenario where your team are 2 vs 3, which is a weakness. Even at it's most effective, the drone almost never compensates from the fact that you're a player down while it's in use.

While it's not in use, it's just not that helpful. If anyone gets detected they'll just shoot it down, it's not hard to spot or anything like that it stands out.

Outside of his drone, Crypto has a very ordinary consistent hitbox, he's a pretty easy character to hit with no escape options. He's a weak link on any team.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
as far as i understand it, it's largely because he can't control the drone and move about at the same time. it basically means that during fights you're either sat out of it in the drone view (which has limited uses even if the enemy team don't destroy it immediately) or in the fight with no abilities that can help you or your team out during it. the best case scenario is either some light recon (which can inadvertently give away that your team is nearby) or putting the drone in a hidden position before hand - but you and your team are still gonna be vulnerable when you do that and from the enemies perspective his drone is incredibly easy to spot and get rid of when stationary. as people have suggested earlier in the thread, he'd be several magnitudes more useful if they allowed you to give simple commands to the drone when on foot, like being able to ping it to a spot or have it follow you around, so as to let you stay on your feet and active whilst having some utility (with the remote control being an extra option if needed). as it stands he's easily my least favourite legend so far and i'm not surprised that people are generally down on him in this thread too

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
oh i can see that but well...i like him if he is in my team.His drone is fun,and his ultimate can help.
i don't see how he is worst than bloodhound so.... :)

i still can't buy apex coins,ingame or in the ps store. :(

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Most important part of playing good at the game is not what legend you pick and the specials you use but how good you are with a gun (how much damage you inflict) and how you position yourself. Doesn't really matter to me, like at all, what legends my team members pick. this ain't overwatch

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

No in the right hands he's key and far from the worst. Frequent Intel and can aid in third partying like no other. Nobody looks for that drone once a battle starts. His Ult is easy to get off and sets you up to steamroll over opponents once it hits. Also late game he just helps you know where the enemies are as you plan your movements. Recently I also saw him a little more in higher level scrims after his buffs.

I'm used to playing echo in R6 and maybe that helps. The theory that crypto isn't in battles is totally incorrect. You just need to find cover and toggle in and out of the drone. It's so easy to toggle between drone mode and keep it moving. I send the drone forward and either catch up to it and repeat for Intel ahead or I'll hide it behind a choke point and when I get to far ahead if it's not picking up enemies sneaking behind you simply recall it all while continuously running with the group. With the right legend composition it's not a two person team as he drones. Hit his Ult hide drone and zip or wraith portal in for immediate action. The team is never at a disadvantage. Even if you don't make it into the battle with good teammates hitting the Ult can already shift a 2 vs 3 into your favor with their depleted shields. It's all about timing and coordinating the attack. I've not tested it but if he now gets assist from some of his abilities in ranked I could see him picked more. I thought I read that may be implemented this season. That was really a downfall last season basically hitting his ult, giving Intel for you to get no credit in the stats category.

I'm sure some folks get lost in the drone mode and put teams at a disadvantage. I can see people thinking he's cumbersome to use but he's pretty well designed in my opinion.

In high level pro play I feel teams don't know who to drop to pick up someone different. I'd be curious if they added a quad mode if we'd see more variety in team compositions since that last spot could add more utility while keeping the core play style the teams already have. You see plenty of times a strategy is used and it could have been easily countered by a legend not picked but it goes back to what legend would they drop to pick the counter.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
oh i can see that but well...i like him if he is in my team.His drone is fun,and his ultimate can help.
i don't see how he is worst than bloodhound so.... :)

i still can't buy apex coins,ingame or in the ps store. :(

Bloodhound is also pretty bad but at least Bloodhound is always with you in a fight.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
No in the right hands he's key and far from the worst. Frequent Intel and can aid in third partying like no other. Nobody looks for that drone once a battle starts. His Ult is easy to get off and sets you up to steamroll over opponents once it hits. Also late game he just helps you know where the enemies are as you plan your movements. Recently I also saw him a little more in higher level scrims after his buffs.

I'm used to playing echo in R6 and maybe that helps. The theory that crypto isn't in battles is totally incorrect. You just need to find cover and toggle in and out of the drone. It's so easy to toggle between drone mode and keep it moving. I send the drone forward and either catch up to it and repeat for Intel ahead or I'll hide it behind a choke point and when I get to far ahead if it's not picking up enemies sneaking behind you simply recall it all while continuously running with the group. With the right legend composition it's not a two person team as he drones. Hit his Ult hide drone and zip or wraith portal in for immediate action. The team is never at a disadvantage. Even if you don't make it into the battle with good teammates hitting the Ult can already shift a 2 vs 3 into your favor with their depleted shields. It's all about timing and coordinating the attack. I've not tested it but if he now gets assist from some of his abilities in ranked I could see him picked more. I thought I read that may be implemented this season. That was really a downfall last season basically hitting his ult, giving Intel for you to get no credit in the stats category.

I'm sure some folks get lost in the drone mode and put teams at a disadvantage. I can see people thinking he's cumbersome to use but he's pretty well designed in my opinion.

In high level pro play I feel teams don't know who to drop to pick up someone different. I'd be curious if they added a quad mode if we'd see more variety in team compositions since that last spot could add more utility while keeping the core play style the teams already have. You see plenty of times a strategy is used and it could have been easily countered by a legend not picked but it goes back to what legend would they drop to pick the counter.
giphy.webp

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Played this game a lot when it was first released but am just getting back into it. I usually rolled with Bangalore as my main, what's everyone's opinions on her in the current meta? Seems a bit underpowered versus some of the more complicated legends (that I need to figure out)

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Played this game a lot when it was first released but am just getting back into it. I usually rolled with Bangalore as my main, what's everyone's opinions on her in the current meta? Seems a bit underpowered versus some of the more complicated legends (that I need to figure out)

She's decent still. Smokes are really beneficial for getting you or your team out of bad situations. Her ult is ok but it's easily avoidable and could use some sort of change I feel. Gibraltar has definitely passed her in almost every area.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I don't know the meta (there is no such a thing for me because i am not a pro player,and for me "meta" aspet only makes between very high skilled players of the same levels),but i reallly like Bangalore.Her abilities are vey useful and versatile.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Love the new season! A few thoughts:

- The LSTAR shreds! I'd never pick it up as a drop weapon, but now it deals big damage and the fact it doesn't require a reload means you can carry on fighting so much (engage with a LSTAR, switch before it overheats to carry on fighting, switch back and fire away). I feel a nerf incoming;
- The Devotion as a drop weapon feels right, even though it looks like it builds up the fire rate slower than with a Turbocharger equipped normal Devo. Still, super accurate and devastating, feels okay as a drop gun;
- The Sentinel sounds good and feels great, but it's a tad underwhelming. It's a 63 dmg per body shot, so scoring 4 shots to kill someone wearing a purp shield isn't often feasible. The charge also doesn't last long enough for how much it costs and how long it takes to charge, so I can see a buff coming on that respect;
- No amount of nerf is going to kill the R99 at this point. The thing still murders people dead with a single mag.
- Revenant is cool, I dig that he's not as OP as he was shaping up to be reading the patch notes and leaks. His tactical could use a small buff and his ult has the potential for a ton of cool plays just waiting to be found out.

Over all, I love the addition of Revenant's vibe in this game. Much more so than Crypto. The fact that he's incredibly good at crouch sneaking and climbing will make him a serious threat once people get used to him. I do not know how I feel about the map changes ATM. When they added the changes to KC I was on board almost immediately but these lava rifts really fuck with the traversal of the map.
I dunno, I love it. The Fragments (former Capitol City) are great the fight in, so many ruined buildings make it feel like fighting like a guerrilla war.
Can we talk about Revenant's crouch walk speed being the same as his normal walk speed? It seems crazy good to me.
It's actually a bit faster than walking, I raced a friend while crouching to determine that.
Revenant is a cool character but his abilities kinda suck. The fact that you only have 100 health during the ult makes it very underwhelming and disabling abilities with the tactical doesn't seem to be a game changer. Would you rather have that or be able to phase or grapple?

People were telling me I didn't know how to play him when I said Crypto sucked when he came out. I'm unfortunately probably right again.
I think the thing with the tactical is that it doesn't actually seem to slow down anyone? I don't think the damage and the abilities lockdown matter nearly as much as slowing people significantly, making them easy targets. His ult is situational, but make going into dangerous situations (such as dropping down a ledge or going into a fight with multiple squads) basically risk free. I dig that it's not as OP as it looked on the patch notes.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be an L-Star kinda season?? I got melted a number of times last night by people with L-Stars so I decided to give it a try myself and this thing slaps. Wth?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
How do I make my trip to Belgium? Switched regions last night to open packs and got regular stuff. Do I need to be travelling abroad when I get the packs in order to get the crafting mats instead?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I used L Star maybe twice in the past. Now it's a beast. Can't tell if it's really only a good early/mid game gun yet. It's definitely a gun you need to commit to early on to build up the energy supply though. A mid game switch to it could be rough if you are not already running energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.