• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a good writeup or example of how the totem works.

Judging from comments...

You place it down. Need to press a button to activate it.
Does it have a radius?
Someone said you don't take shield damage while "totemed" does this mean when you respawn you retain shields or do you just respawn with 1hp total?
Can you destroy a totem?
Is the respawn immediate?

It has a radius
You only take health damage, and yes you respawn with shields, no health
Yes you can destroy totems
Yes the respawn is immediate

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Apex Legends |OT| Season 4:| Causing Havoc

Apex Legends |OT| Season 4:| Thread based matchmaking

Apex Legends |OT| Season 4:| Shield batteries not included

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I just connected to see which badge I'd get, and I only got the level 2 one?
My SO who played Apex before I did, on the first week (not sure if first day or second day) also only got the level 2 one too.
I'm sad, I wanted the level 3 one, who has it? And what is the requirement to get it?

Apex Legends |OT| Season 4:| Causing Havoc

Apex Legends |OT| Season 4:| Thread based matchmaking

Apex Legends |OT| Season 4:| Shield batteries not included

Ok the last one, I like it, adopted, you won, German Grocery Store Brand!

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My SO who played Apex before I did, on the first week (not sure if first day or second day) also only got the level 2 one too.
I'm sad, I wanted the level 3 one, who has it? And what is the requirement to get it?

Ok the last one, I like it, adopted, you won, German Grocery Store Brand!

I have the level 3 badge, just says "First Week Player", so idk exact requirements. But I personally watched the reveal stream and played right away the first day.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I have the level 3 badge, just says "First Week Player", so idk exact requirements. But I personally watched the reveal stream and played right away the first day.

I'm a bit jealous right now. I think I only started playing 3 weeks after release, but I'm absolutely certain my SO played in the first week. Oh well, still nice, I guess.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I'd have preferred "Revenant's Night Train is Coming" as the OT title, but I'll take the new one. Its good :D

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
My SO who played Apex before I did, on the first week (not sure if first day or second day) also only got the level 2 one. I'm sad, I wanted the level 3 one, who has it? And what is the requirement to get it?

if that's the level 2 one i might have the level 3 one? looks like that but with stars on the top 3 points and kinda triangle like frills coming from the top point. what does the text underneath yours say?

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
It has a radius

Thank you for the clarifications! I'm at work for the next few hours, so these are helpful for me to not be behind on the learning curve with Revenant once I finally get online!

Here is the link to the LegendsEra Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.
To join the Discord. Thanks for setting it up, SweetNicole!

Heel

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Someone sanity check me on this Havoc. Not making a "hehe, look at how good I am!" video or anything, I almost never pick up the Havoc in matches. Seems kind of busted, at least in the range. Maybe I'm taking crazy pills.

Swiggins fully kitted 301 feels decidedly worse, IMO...haha.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has a radius
How big is the radius? On a scale of Bangalore Ult, Wattson Ult, Zipline distance, Portal distance. I assume if you go outside the radius... if you die you die

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018

giphy.gif

Someone sanity check me on this Havoc. Not making a "hehe, look at how good I am!" video or anything, I almost never pick up the Havoc in matches. Seems kind of busted, at least in the range. Maybe I'm taking crazy pills.

Gonna need to test it in the field, but holy fuck does that seem strong.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that sucks. I'll leave the battle pass unbought for now and see if I can get anywhere with it. It's nice that they're not doing "premium challenges" like some battle pass games do, so I can still progress normally and buy it if it's going well.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need to test it in the field, but holy fuck does that seem strong.

Feels like once it tracks to the head it lands a lot of bullets and it just stacks up damage quickly.

Maybe not as repeatable on moving targets, but still seems really strong on body shots with plenty of room on the mag to miss bullets. I definitely missed way more with the 301 at the same range on dummies...haha.

Will have to give it a spin tonight in real matches.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the fact that the totem bypasses shield damage taken, and goes straight to hp damage taken changes how I feel tbh.

I still need to understand the strat but that's not enough to make me change from Lifeline.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
So I'm watching Seagull stream and apparently the L-Star is AMAZING. Just deleting people.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Notable with Havoc and Selectfire...

"Decreased time between shots when using Select Fire hop-up .77 -> .56"

That thing hits a ton so IMO this is a big change and makes that hop-up for a Havoc a legit option now.

Oct 27, 2017

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Let's wait to get too crazy about the Havoc until someone's using it under pressure in matches.

The wind-up is still there, so getting caught out is still going to be very bad.

Having a lot of fun with playing with the L-Star, too. I would be really surprised if energy isn't in meta.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Five matches, two wins. Haven`t had this much luck for months.
I like the map changes and quite enjoy the atmosphere which feels kinda post-apocalyptic now.
Played only once as Revenant, so can`t say much about him except that his ulti can be pretty helpful especially towards the end of a match.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I have been using the havoc a lot in preparation for S4 recently and I'm glad I did. The reduction in horizontal recoil makes it very similar to an R99 recoil.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Also with the change to sniper ammo it makes more sense to have a "mini" sniper option with the Havoc.
This is true and it puts it on par with the G7 as a weapon that functions as both an AR and a Sniper but not necessarily the best at both things.

Heel That wind up is a problem, but the good thing is now you can just pick up this hop-up and know you're not losing the ability of Turbocharger by doing so. I think you're going to see a lot more people using the Havoc as a single shot medium/long range weapon now.

hannuraina

Prophet of Truth
Jan 7, 2018
does anyone else here play controller on pc? what guns do you usually roll with? ive been having some pretty good luck with havoc/flatline

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Opened up 30 packs and got two legendaries, a Gibby skin and a Pathfinder frame. Not bad a way to start off the season.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

giphy.gif

How do you load this practice level up? Eh with all hop ups etc available?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Apex Legends |OT| Season 4:| Your totem is my totem
/our totem

Apex Legends |OT| Season 4:| No, DiCaprio is not in this one

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think it's about zipline radius, if you go out of radius you just lose the effect

Nice, its fairly big then. I was worried it was basically gonna be only for pushing into the next building and praying you can heal up before they come get you.

That thing is gonna be C L U T C H inside the cities. Place it in a building. Rush a team in the other building.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
I've only been playing Apex for 5 days and only managed 3 games this evening but I'm liking what I've seen of the map changes. Harvester is a cool area, had a great gun fight to end a match there.

Got 10k exp for 'first game of the day', is it just me or is that new? Don't remember getting so much the last few days.

Pulled a legendary skin and legendary crafting materials from the two packs I got from levelling up tho

Status
Not open for further replies.