• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Revenants Death Totem seems crazy OP.

Obviously haven't put it to practice, but my impression on paper is it could end up staggering your team badly if you don't coordinate properly. There's a ton of scenarios where you're put in really bad situations if someone gets recalled to the totem and strands "live" teammates in 1v3s/2v3s.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Obviously haven't put it to practice, but my impression on paper is it could end up staggering your team badly if you don't coordinate properly. There's a ton of scenarios where you're put in really bad situations if someone gets recalled to the totem and strands "live" teammates in 1v3s/2v3s.
For most good teams, it's basically going to a get of jail free card for any hyper aggressive push. I expect it to be nerfed as the season progresses.
Yeah, it's gonna take some getting used to. Overall he seems pretty strong.
Yeah, i'm sure they are starting him off strong and then will walk him back as the season goes on.

smug chocobo

Aug 30, 2018
I finally watched the gameplay trailer and now I'm actually pretty damn hype for S4. The new gun seems exactly what I'm looking for.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Changes look good on paper, can't wait to put it to practice tonight.
But I gotta bring up one thing I've been screaming about for years:
Community Request: added a Random Favorites option for unlocked skins that can be found in the Legend customization menu.

You'll see an option to "favorite" skins you've unlocked [Y button on consoles].

Choosing Random Favorite option from the skins menu will randomly cycle your chosen favorite Legend skins in between matches.
THANK YOU RESPAWN
Wish this standard across the board with skin-heavy games.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Charging the sentinel feels so good. I still haven't seen the totem work. I definitely put it down before bleed out and they still don't get teleported to it.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Charging the sentinel feels so good. I still haven't seen the totem work. I definitely put it down before bleed out and they still don't get teleported to it.
In order to get the totems ability, you need to be standing right next to it to get the buff. The totem's not for bringing peeps in when they're in trouble, it's for making hyper aggressive pushes without much consequence. It's an offensive ult, not a defensive one.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In order to get the totems ability, you need to be standing right next to it to get the buff. The totem's not for bringing peeps in when they're in trouble, it's for making hyper aggressive pushes without much consequence. It's an offensive ult, not a defensive one.

Gotcha. So it's a radius thing like Wattsons ult? Damn. I was expecting some cheese with suicide runs only to get teleported back to it for a second chance lol.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Gotcha. So it's a radius thing like Wattsons ult? Damn. I was expecting some cheese with suicide runs only to get teleported back to it for a second chance lol.
I mean, technically you CAN do that, you just need to plan your 'yolo strats' in advance.

A team getting a free offensive push borderline consequence free is a HUGE boon, especially if its towards the final ring and you have positional advantage.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, L-Star just got way more interesting. Slick change. Havoc recoil could be really dangerous in the right hands, too.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
NEW WEAPON: SENTINEL SNIPER RIFLE

The Sentinel is a bolt action sniper rifle, effective at medium to long range. If a player presses the "fire select" with a shield battery equipped, the Sentinel will consume the shield battery from your inventory and temporarily enters an energized state. While energized, the Sentinel fires projectiles that deal massive damage to shields. The projectiles use different VFX trails, and there is a unique energized firing sound, so all nearby players know that the Sentinel is firing these higher damage projectiles.

The Sentinel has a limited amount of energy that decays slowly over time, and loses a big chunk of juice for each shot. Once the energy runs out, the energized state ends.
oh damn

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Okay yeah, anyone who has ever bothered to learn the Havoc is going to pick it up the new one and start laughing. It's nasty.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, technically you CAN do that, you just need to plan your 'yolo strats' in advance.

A team getting a free offensive push borderline consequence free is a HUGE boon, especially if its towards the final ring and you have positional advantage.

Yeah I didn't even realize you have to press a button after Ulting to enable it. This is gonna change up the pushing strats and I can't wait.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I believe you need to click on the totem to activate its effects.

Edit: Nevermind, you realized that lol although I think each individual player has to activate it.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wow. First game and come across one of the worse sound glitches ever. A whole team ran through the door Infront of me and I didn't even hear the door open.

Map is good through. Like the changes.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The one drawback to the totem is that if you activate the effect any damage done will ignore your shields and go straight to health. I find this almost to be a big disadvantage because you normally thirst players and take their shields to save time healing but then you'll be forced to heal health and waste valuable time.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Friendship with R-301 is Over. Now Havoc is my best friend.

Haha, that's what I was thinking. I didn't give up on the 301 last season like a lot of people, but this just seems like a better alternative now. Going to do some A-B testing in the range.

Immediate thought is the mag size gives you a ton of extended DPS at any stage of the game in comparison to just about everything.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yo this is gonna be Havoc's time to shine, isn't it?
I'm glad for the L-Star as well, always loved that weapon, and I have a sick skin for it (not the Christmas one though) already!

The banner has been updated, but I'M STILL LOOKING FOR A COOL NEW TITLE COME ON!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a good writeup or example of how the totem works.

Judging from comments...

You place it down. Need to press a button to activate it.
Does it have a radius?
Someone said you don't take shield damage while "totemed" does this mean when you respawn you retain shields or do you just respawn with 1hp total?
Can you destroy a totem?
Is the respawn immediate?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Nevermind I found a title. It ain't amazing, but it'll do.
Unless y'all have crazy good puns to share, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.