• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
My teammates hate when I play Caustic, and I don't blame them. He's a very 'selfish' character where even in his abilities they debilitate everyone in the gas.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
yeah, it can be kinda annoying being trapped in a confined space with a teammate caustic since his gas negatively effects you too. but a good caustic can be very useful on the team in certain situations.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
god i'm like 100 points from plat 1, i'm cutting this soooo close 😫 does anyone know what time the update will go up tomorrow?

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I'm never scared of Caustic in a straight gunfight, that's fine. What I hate is random Barrels.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Hmm, new Nvidia drivers just came out and are apparently optimized for Apex Legends: Season 4, whatever that means.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
thoughts on gameplay trailer?
Looks like the climbing is in but I'll need a breakdown of the other abilities because I couldn't tell wtf was going on haha

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
OK I'm officially hyped AF for tomorrow. Trailer was sick! Also, was it just me or was I seeing multiple new weapons? Or the designs look more in line with Titanfall.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Map changes look amazing! I'm definitely excited for that!

I think there's only the one new weapon. There are a lot of new skins for current weapons on show there, though. Likely they're all the Battle Pass ones. Interesting that he has a 'bique at the end there. I wonder if it's getting buffed?!

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trailer looks awesome. I'm sort of hoping they're messing with World's Edge to bring King's Canyon back to some extent mid-season.

Revenant looks awesome too. What was that diamond thing he put down? Was that the thing that shot the big mortar onto the roof? And I assume the shadowy-climbing mode is a temporary buff thing like Octane's running.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm missing a lot, I couldn't see many changes on display outside of the map changes and Revenant. Looking forward to the update though... hopefully SBMM is gone.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
That new Wattson skin is so good. Looks like World's Edge has been drastically changed in numerous areas. I saw double-tap on the G7 still, maybe just me, but it seemed quicker succession of fire though.

I see the Eva-8 still has double tap too, interesting, I thought they would have swapped around the hopops, maybe they liked where they were both at.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Did they... just sneakily introduced the Volt?

VFiVCTz.jpg]

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Absolutely confused about Revenant's abilities, I'm unsure what they're all about, but eager to know more. The map changes seem nice enough, although confusing too, they're pretty big, that'll require some getting used to.

Quite like that Legaendary Wattson skin, the Legendary Wraith one is nice enough too (someone will be happy to finally get a Legendary Wraith skin in the battlepass!) and the Lifeline one is not interesting much, it's just a rare anyway, but glad it's there I guess?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
According to the reddit sleuths (take with a big ole grain of salt) Revenant's abilities are as follows.

Ultimate seems to be the diamond totem that acts as a type of weaker auto Respawn beacon. Might also activate shadow?

Active ability is the big ole grenade that causes a dmg buff to those affected (people on the roof).

Passive is extra climbing madness.

All TBD and based on comment sections. We'll find out for sure tomorrow!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, here are some of the ability leaks.

(Passive) Infiltrator- You crouch, walk faster and can climb walls higher

Mark For Death- Throw a dagger, press again to reveal a target's location for up to 60 seconds. The mark is removed if the target heals back to full.

Silence- Throw a device that disables enemy abilities for 10 seconds. (Voice lines for every Apex character saying that their abilities no longer work have been found in the code, giving some extra credibility to this leak.)

Poison Bomb- Launch a Poison Bomb, damage and slow targets hit.

(Ultimate) Death Recall- Drop a totem that protects anyone who uses it from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you will return to the totem with 20 health. (According to the leaked voice lines, it seems like you can only be revived a single time and that you cannot use the resurrect in Shadow Form).

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Absolutely confused about Revenant's abilities, I'm unsure what they're all about, but eager to know more. The map changes seem nice enough, although confusing too, they're pretty big, that'll require some getting used to.

Quite like that Legaendary Wattson skin, the Legendary Wraith one is nice enough too (someone will be happy to finally get a Legendary Wraith skin in the battlepass!) and the Lifeline one is not interesting much, it's just a rare anyway, but glad it's there I guess?

I'm OK with the Wraith skin but wish she would have gotten the Wattson treatment. This is what I've seen for Revenant, which are shown in the trailer:

• Passive: Infiltrator - You crouch walls faster and can climb walls higher.
  • Poison Bomb: Launch a Poison Bomb. Damages and slows targets hit.
  • Death Recall: Drop a totem that protects anyone who uses it from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you'll return to the totem with 20 health.
Others leaked but I didn't see in the trailer, may have missed them:
  • Silence: Throw a device that disables enemy abilities for 10 seconds.
  • Mark for Death: Fire a poison dagger. Press again to reveal the target's location for up to 60 seconds. The mark is removed if the target heals to full.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
That Legendary skin for Revenant at the end though, oof that looks good! I guess if that's what his abilities are, he might very well become a permanent 3rd main!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Ok, we had our fun, but let's be serious now:
it's time to find a new thread title fitting for S4, let's go!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I hate the new wattson skin what did they do to my girl!! 😭 😭

otherwise yeah I'm pretty hyped to jump in. Looking forward to checking out all the changes to the map.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
The float up from the fissure in third person mode sounds weird. I get it says the fallen moves slow and takes damage but I'm feeling it will be abused in some form. They really just should make it death with the loot box where you fell off.

Guess we will see how it plays out.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Just reading on EA about the map changes and I'm sort of annoyed they took away my drop spot at the survey camp. Landing there and getting the 12 crates before mopping up all the wounded squads fighting at Epicenter was my go-to.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I really want to know if there are any new modes coming. I'm dying for solos on a regular basis. I've been enjoying running ranked these past few days with friends, but I dread having to continue to play with garbage randoms.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Oh, it seems the season ends the day before. I was so close to getting the Pathfinder Artur skydive emote :(

So in the middle of playing on Xbox all of my Weekly Challenges disappeared and now say 0/0 for every week. Do they end a day early? I thought I would have until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.