• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling Revenant will be my consistent 2nd or 3rd character [octane, wraith, and medic currently, would likely go octane, revenant, wraith in season 4].

Feeling the hype people!

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I've been back playing Apex after taking an extended break for Modern Warfare, and, man, does it feel so good to return. Apex's gameplay is just too good: the movement, the gunplay and animations, the colors (and general lack of viability issues), the characters, the fast matches, ahhhh I love how everything just feels and looks so fun

The lobbies are still a little crazy with the sbmm, but it makes it feel even better when I break 2k damage against people that are roughly at the same level as me.

I am totally feeling the S4 hype right now, especially if King's Canyon comes back with a some new changes (I'd mostly like to see some upgrades to the colours, World's Edge gets massive bonus points from me because of how otherworldly it can look at times).

Also secretly hoping for the L-Star to get a decent buff, and to become a world pick up item (along with the Volt to get added ASAP)

Oct 31, 2017
I got about 30 levels into Season 3's battle pass right after it came out and then put Apex down and haven't played since. Think I'm going to hop back in with Season 4, and am hoping there's a bunch of really solid changes for it. Especially since it marks the 1 year anniversary since the games release.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit!!!

I got an urge to hit Diamond last week while sitting at rock bottom of Plat 4. Solo queued to Plat 1 in a single night. Then played with some lower ranked friends to finally hit Diamond.

You've got this!
all momentum has been lost, stuck at around 6200 rp in plat 2 - can't get a good match to save my life. my only saving grace atm is that the shitty teammates the game keeps pairing me off with keep ragequitting the moment they get downed, giving me the forgiveness bonus to counteract the potential loss of points. but still, i'm not getting anywhere.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder what other big changes we can expect? We know a new weapon and legend, but curious about balance of the current characters. And if we get any new hop ups to change up the meta.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
solo queueing ranked this evening has legit given me a headache lol. about to fall back into plat 3. gg 😭

what i will say is that i legitimately think this game needs some kind of jumpmaster tutorial accessible somewhere and it ought to be a mandatory watch/play before people are allowed to play ranked. too many people aren't aware that holding forward when falling increases their speed, or aren't aware that they can massively extend distances by undulating in the air (an invaluable strat if you want to actually land anywhere further than a stone toss away from the ship). i've had too many games in the past few days where the jumpmaster will land us wayyyy too short or land us wayyyy too late (or both), effectively screwing us over before the game's even begun (and this has been happening a lot in ranked matches).
as an aside, you can also extend your balloon jump distances if you're looking up at the sky just before you eject from the top of the wire. super useful when trying to outrun the goddamn circle on this map.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Select Fire needs removed and prowler made into automatic always. It's such an easy removal since one gun needs it and the other barely uses it.

The choke would be a more difficult removal since I feel it may destroy the peacekeeper and leave shotguns in a really odd place overall. The Double Tap Eva is good but I don't think it'll replace a chokeless peacekeeper.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Just won a game in Bronze, ranked mode can be pretty fun actually over the regular mode. I bought the season pass for 3 because I got to like 50 and was satisfied with spending it on what I was getting.

I will buy season pass 4 I believe.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Select Fire needs removed and prowler made into automatic always. It's such an easy removal since one gun needs it and the other barely uses it.

The choke would be a more difficult removal since I feel it may destroy the peacekeeper and leave shotguns in a really odd place overall. The Double Tap Eva is good but I don't think it'll replace a chokeless peacekeeper.

Yeah, select fire is one of the clunkiest ones. It's pretty much never really used on the havoc and the times you use the prowler and can't find one suck. And still worth swapping even if you have it together if you find an r99 on a body, its removal would help the loot pool a good amount. If they add a new legendary tier hopup they might take out anvil or turbo, given the other changes to energy maybe that would go as they seem to be doing something in that area.

I'm still more curious about legend changes. I hope bloodhound gets something good this time, he's fun to play but...man. Seeing Wraith get nerfed to have an extra 10(!) seconds on her tactical wasn't surprising when she's so powerful, but it's easy to miss that it now has her phase on the same cooldown as Bloodhound's pulse. That tactical that exposes your position, is on a longer cooldown than gibby's dome. Pathfinder can grapple 3 times per pulse. It's kinda crazy.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

Chokeless Peacekeeper still shreds up close at it should.

I believe that the choke could probably just be taken out (with a buff to the Triple to compensate) and I also agree that the selectfire should be permanent on the Prowler.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Overall, the Prowler needs more love from Respawn, and it'd be so easy to give it that slight push honestly. It's almost there, it's just the selectfire holding it back, truly. I love the Prowler an awful lot, and would love seeing it receiving some love in S4.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Overall, the Prowler needs more love from Respawn, and it'd be so easy to give it that slight push honestly. It's almost there, it's just the selectfire holding it back, truly. I love the Prowler an awful lot, and would love seeing it receiving some love in S4.
it's one of my favourite guns in the game. not as devastating as the r99 but a hell of a lot easier to use with barely any recoil

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Remove the precision choke from the game and maybe make a nerfed version of it a default part of the Tripple Take.

I like the sound of both these changes.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
The changes I'd make is to remove the select fire from the Prowler (so it's fully auto 100% of the time) and remove the single shot from the Hemlock also. Then make the select fire on the Hemlock be the 5-round "star" burst like it was in Titanfall 1.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine the R99 is going to get hit with a slight nerf again, so hopefully that aspect is atleast better.

The light weapon swapping for me through a match is really funny tbh. I'll drop a P2020/RE45 for an Alternator/R301, which I drop for G7/R99. Those last two have been my main combo this season as they're super powerful, the 301 is so weird now and I genuinely feel like an R99 is better as an AR on top of having crazy fast DPS up close.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'd imagine the R99 is going to get hit with a slight nerf again, so hopefully that aspect is atleast better.

The light weapon swapping for me through a match is really funny tbh. I'll drop a P2020/RE45 for an Alternator/R301, which I drop for G7/R99. Those last two have been my main combo this season as they're super powerful, the 301 is so weird now and I genuinely feel like an R99 is better as an AR on top of having crazy fast DPS up close.
The only time I pick up a 301 anymore is if I'm not feeling my aim that day and need something I can just point and shoot.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
NJm3iyfl.png

I get the impression we'll be getting another content drop at the split based on all this hinting on "the entirety" and "only the beginning", but I guess we'll see.

The nice thing is we're back to 90 day seasons again, so should feel like a breeze in comparison to season 3, especially considering the map split.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I like the idea of a full-auto prowler and getting rid of select fire.

Wingman (on consoles at least) is a throwaway weapon, reducing the clip size was a good move, however, they then got rid of Skullpiercer which then underpowered the weapon and i rarely see anyone use it now. It either needs a clip size increase, skullpiercer, or just like the G7 they need to increase the hit box on consoles.

I was really looking forward to going back to KC until i played it again during the event. I really hope they have some big changes for the map. RNG plays a much bigger role in KC due to the nature of having to drop close to your enemies and the constant 3rd/4th/5th and 6th parties.

Last edited:

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I'm hoping Respawn does a huge content dump for Season 4. Major rebalancing, lots of new skins and two Legends. We'll see.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Excited for the trailer to hit in a few hours!

Yeah. Both fire modes are solid and fun, but I think the burst fire actually has slightly higher DPS overall.
if you can hit all the whopping 5 shots of the burst. Very hard to do unless you're point blank range. And then it's still hard anyway.

Wingman (on consoles at least) is a throwaway weapon, reducing the clip size was a good move, however, they then got rid of Skullpiercer which then underpowered the weapon and i rarely see anyone use it now. It either needs a clip size increase, skullpiercer, or just like the G7 they need to increase the hit box on consoles.

I was really looking forward to going back to KC until i played it again during the event. I really hope they have some big changes for the map. RNG plays a much bigger role in KC due to the nature of having to drop close to your enemies and the constant 3rd/4th/5th and 6th parties.
Naw man, the wingman is in a good poace now, especially on consoles. It'll lose against a R99 at short range - like everything else - but it'll still shred if your aim is on point. The perfect risk-reward gun.

Please tell me that Mirage skin is in the store for a little while longer, I need it!
Relax, it'll be there until next weekend.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Trailer today plus the launch of season 4 tomorrow. So fucking pumped! Taking the day off work tomorrow to play all day.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I'm really starting to get tired of Caustic. There aren't many things more unfun than figthing that guy.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I swore off the wingman after a nerd but I am back in on it recently. On console too.

Like with almost EVERY heavy weapon, you either destroy people or you miss every shot. No middleground.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Pretty happy with my progress this season. Season 2 I had 27 wins total, just got my 162nd in Season 3. My k/d went up nearly 1 entire point, from .54 to 1.51 now. I have gotten really used to some weapons that I have a bad feeling are going to be tweaked tomorrow, so hopefully I can continue playing well. I've been specifically playing with whatever two weapons I find first over the last week or so and switching legends each match, in hopes I'll be better prepared for any change. The first two weapons I find tactic is actually pretty fun, it makes looting much easier to finish.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Mastiff is pretty good.

L Star needs a buff

I think Kraber does too
1. Needs to not descope to pull the pin
2. Change the 4x 10x scope to be a 2x 4x 10x. The worst part about that scope is it feels too confining and slow and shit.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
As a Caustic main can confirm. My tricks don't work against another Caustic, and I get to yell "NOT MY GAS!".

I don't care if it's my Caustic's gas or the enemy's Caustic gas, all I know is that I'm slow as hell, that I can't see shit, thus making me an incredibly easy target to down. Honestly the fact I'm losing life over the gas or not is almost anecdotal at this point.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I don't care if it's my Caustic's gas or the enemy's Caustic gas, all I know is that I'm slow as hell, that I can't see shit, thus making me an incredibly easy target to down. Honestly the fact I'm losing life over the gas or not is almost anecdotal at this point.

Right. I don't toss gas to kill, I toss gas to know if somebody is where I don't want them to be, or in order to slow them down see where the tick is and then toss thermite, nades or just go in for the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.