• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Just hit two squads at once with cryptos ult then perched it for constant pings. I think my teammates enjoyed that. We contently knew where they were since they couldn't look for drone. It's really easy to use once you get used to it.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The drone is pretty damn powerful. I still have to learn the best ways to position and use it, but I just played a match where it provided a ton of important info

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
didn't think it could get worse than skull town, but they literally put tilted towers on this map. and every group i get paired with goes straight there every game, pitiful. how do you refund your battle pass?? smgdh

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still enjoying Bloodhound over Crytpo. I don't like having to switch just to see where guys are coming from. It's cool to scope out but I'd rather be actively moving when scanning.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh my dumbass had to try one match before I went to bed and I purchased Crypto with Apex Coins instead of my millions of Legend Tokens ....can't believe there's not like a confirm screen lol

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving the new map and having a good Crypto is an absolute game changer. What a great character.

I don't think they mentioned anything about the Flatline having an easier to handle recoil but I've been having great luck with it even without a hop.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So the Legend selection screen has me thinking we'll get a second Legend this season. If we were just getting one, I feel like they'd center that last row, but instead it's set with room for one more. I'm almost certainly reading too much into it and setting myself up for disappointment, but I gotta believe. It's a long season, after all.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Just got new dailies.
I'm hoping they refresh every five hours now. It would be a nice change.

Got my first win of the season. It's weird playing Apex with so little map knowledge but refreshing I guess. Crypto's drone is very powerful and should be prioritized over anything else, especially on open ground.

Also, the new Octane skin I bought to celebrate Season 3 is super sexy.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to play two real quick games last night and damn, the map seems huge. Playing Apex without knowing anything about the map was strange to say the least. Seemed to have a lot more space for mid/long-range encounters - I usually prefer closer quarters stuff so it remains to be seen how I end up feeling about this map.

I'm hoping they refresh every five hours now. It would be a nice change.

You get new challenges every five hours?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First game, first win

885vhcj.png

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The daily challenges refreshed at 8 p.m. PST with a countdown of 5 hours. I'm hoping it's an actual change but it just might be Respawn doing adjustments for the new season. We'll see.

I want to say weird stuff happened for the initial launch of the last season with dailies, I doubt they actually changed it. But I guess we'll see.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I like how open and flat the map is, I expect it to turn snipey real quick. But so far I'm having a great time, nobody knows where's what so people are just adapting, so general positioning skills come out better.

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
The charge rifle is so good, I love how it does damage on the charge up.

Also double tap on the scout is great too. It makes it even more viable at close to medium range which is where I believe this gun should be used anyway. You dont want anything bigger than a 2x on it.

JulesLove

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Youre useless without a sniper in this map. How are you supposed to fight the people who sit on top of those grey mountains. In the first map you could use bangalore's smokescreen to rush up to them but here nothing.

Cammington

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely loving the Flatline with Anvil hop up. It's an absolute monster at medium/medium-long engagements.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
So many choke points and CQC in this map the more you play and discover. People focus on the open areas however; there is always cover or escape routes. At times it's even below you. The caves are just brutal but I feel with the angles of the cliffs your forced to use them to quickly avoid the circles. Under bridge fights have been hectic as well. It feels consistent with the amount of fights from Kings Canyon to here even with a bigger size. At times in KC you could have that slow match as well but surprisingly it's not been more frequently on this.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
In just the first day I've already been wrecked twice by a squad with a sniper up on that yellow tower. Feels like there's no way to approach without getting knocked. Once I become familiar enough with the map's areas, I'll probably avoid that area deliberately until the ring forces me there.

Or I'll just have to adapt to that Long Range Meta™, I guess.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to get an impression from my lunch games as people keep dropping badly, but did land a 6 kill game at least when both squadmates left. Got a triple kill on a squad by holding a roof as wattson which was fun.

Finding it tough to find good loot but that'll probably improve.

Double tap Eva 8 feels strong, and that was without a bolt.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
In just the first day I've already been wrecked twice by a squad with a sniper up on that yellow tower. Feels like there's no way to approach without getting knocked. Once I become familiar enough with the map's areas, I'll probably avoid that area deliberately until the ring forces me there.

Or I'll just have to adapt to that Long Range Meta™, I guess.
This is where team comp and map knowledge comes into play. Realistically the approach would be to smoke with Bangalore or throw her ult or even Gibby's ult to get them off the tower.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
So, how far does the drone need to be in order to scan/ping enemies?
I like to use it, have it placed in the sky with a good view of our surrounds or entry/exit points so it can pick up anyone incoming.
HOWEVER i think there is a meter distance limit instead of eye sight distance, if that makes sense.

especially when we go to areas with different levels of terrain, i like to have it hover around objects that people wont take notice. itll let my teammates know they are coming as we all loot around n etc. it worked wonders in one encounter we third parties. Tracked both squads and where they went to recover. lol also another time when someone tried to snipe us. i flanked my drone, emp'd them and my teammates went up and finished them.

So with the ULT, you dont need to press the RB/LB but just the trigger while using the drone? or wait, you press the lp/rb when not using the drove for it to set off the ult?

still trying to get used to the patch/map/legend.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand why they took away Disruptor rounds. Was that an error or did they really plan to take it out? I mean, why would they leave Hammerpoint and take off Disruptors? Doesn't make sense and all Disruptors did was make the Alternator and RE45 useful.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why they took away Disruptor rounds. Was that an error or did they really plan to take it out? I mean, why would they leave Hammerpoint and take off Disruptors? Doesn't make sense and all Disruptors did was make the Alternator and RE45 useful.

They're going to cycle Hop Ups so as not to further dilute the loot tables. The more attachments get added in the game (without removing others) the harder it will be to find guns.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
when i used the disruptions, i felt like they had more magnetism and could allow those short range guns now become mid-semi-long range from experience.

and hammerpoint not with a moz makes the moz really useless. but you're right. i dont even want to use either of them now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.