• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I still like the Wingman a lot, but I cannot hit shit without finding a scope. It's the weirdest gun regarding that for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally reached level 110 on the battlepass. I can now rest easy and enter gently into that good night.

XzqYUHo.gif
Yup. Haven't booked the game since I got to 110 on Thursday. Taking a break for a bit.

I have a question because I didn't want to make a new thread just for it. But I thought we had a thread on era for game development. But I can't find the thread. I've searched many different names but none come up with a game development thread for us to share our game making work. There is a thread, for?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
finally got my 25k damage box after what was probably the worst string of matches I've had in a while

ugly alternator skin

yay

making a mental note not to do this to myself in the future

benj

Oct 27, 2017
over the past few weeks, Cage has joined Bunker and the supply ship at the very top of "places I don't want to see the pub jump master ping". i seem to keep getting people that have some fixation on it, and I'm not really sure why—the loot quantity is mediocre, it's relatively very hard to stabilize or organize if other teams drop there, it's very hard to build or push a meaningful advantage because of the layout, and there's really not a lot of other loot nearby. it can be a fun place for midgame fights but it's suuuch a shitshow for early stuff

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday for once I got paired with decent randoms, we sticked together and won 3 out of 4 consecutive matches. Insane how much of a difference having decent teammates makes, they weren't even some MLG guys or anything, they just didn't wander off all the time and pondered their moves and bam, we won plenty.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
my sympathies to anyone who spent $20 on a wingman skin back when it was good

That's partly why I can't bring myself to seriously consider buying any gun skins as well, not only are they overpriced, but they change the meta very often, who's to say that my R99 will stay so efficient in the future and that I won't have to change it cause they'll have rotated the meta once again? So no point in bothering much. At least the balancing of legends is much more stable in that regard.

Yup. Haven't booked the game since I got to 110 on Thursday. Taking a break for a bit.

I have a question because I didn't want to make a new thread just for it. But I thought we had a thread on era for game development. But I can't find the thread. I've searched many different names but none come up with a game development thread for us to share our game making work. There is a thread, for?

Are you talking about this thread?

over the past few weeks, Cage has joined Bunker and the supply ship at the very top of "places I don't want to see the pub jump master ping". i seem to keep getting people that have some fixation on it, and I'm not really sure why—the loot quantity is mediocre, it's relatively very hard to stabilize or organize if other teams drop there, it's very hard to build or push a meaningful advantage because of the layout, and there's really not a lot of other loot nearby. it can be a fun place for midgame fights but it's suuuch a shitshow for early stuff

I think my least favorite place of all time isn't a drop spot, but I'll be damned if it isn't cut-throat dead-end for a lot of people, I'm pretty sure the place is all lit up on the heat map, and that's the tunnel right at the feet of the bottom leviathan on the map, with the 3 bins and 2 buildings inside. The changes in topography they did made it a very deadly place to be, but also quite the unavoidable and unescapable one if you happen to come from Cage, Repulsor, Hydro-Dam, Swamps and even Wetlands. I can't count how many times my team died there, because it's such a sucky spot to be, one in which it's difficult to fight because of the height difference giving a very certain and easy advantage to the team that has the luck to get the better position from the start. It's more frustrating than fun, I don't feel like the odds are even in the slightest whenever I have to fight in that area. And it's an extremely difficult place to escape from if you just wanna disengage and flee as well, you're absolutely over-exposed, and there's no easy way out of it. It's just the worst, to be honest, what we had before was much more balanced and felt less like a total RNG death trap for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That's partly why I can't bring myself to seriously consider buying any gun skins as well, not only are they overpriced, but they change the meta very often, who's to say that my R99 will stay so efficient in the future and that I won't have to change it cause they'll have rotated the meta once again? So no point in bothering much. At least the balancing of champions is much more stable in that regard.

Are you talking about this thread?

I think my least favorite place of all time isn't a drop spot, but I'll be damned if it isn't cut-throat dead-end for a lot of people, I'm pretty sure the place is all lit up on the heat map, and that's the bridge right at the feet of the bottom leviathan on the map, with the 3 bins and 2 buildings inside. The changes in topography they did made it a very deadly place to be, but also quite the unavoidable and unescapable one if you happen to come from Cage, Repulsor, Hydro-Dam, Swamps and even Wetlands. I can't count how many times my team died there, because it's such a sucky spot to be, one in which it's difficult to fight because of the height difference giving a very certain and easy advantage to the team that as the luck to get the better position from the start. It's more frustrating than fun, I don't feel like the odds are even in the slightest whenever I have to fight in that area. And it's an extremely difficult place to escape from if you just wanna disengage and flee as well, you're absolutely over-exposed, and there's no easy way out of it. It's just the worst, to be honest, what we had before was much more balanced and felt less like a total RNG death trap for sure.
yes, thanks a lot.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Enjoy the final day of Solos (for now).

I've said a few times, but it did surprise me a little how much I've enjoyed it.

Once they've had a chance to review the numbers and feedback, I will be hoping it comes back as a permanent option.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
There's literally nothing better than finding random Lifelines who know how to play

She rushed to revive me, but my friend got there first. She stayed next to us spotting enemies instead of looting, and when I got up she dropped the healing drone for me.
We went on to win that game. Immediately added him/her to my friend list.

P.s. Weren't we supposed to get English voices back with Season 2?

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
There's literally nothing better than finding random Lifelines who know how to play

She rushed to revive me, but my friend got there first. She stayed next to us spotting enemies instead of looting, and when I got up she dropped the healing drone for me.
We went on to win that game. Immediately added him/her to my friend list.

P.s. Weren't we supposed to get English voices back with Season 2?

That's what's up. I'm not a Lifeline main but I'd do the same. I like blocking grenades and shots with her reviving shield which allows our third teammate to take cover too and peak to shoot

You just love it when someone actually plays right

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
The next season should be "Season of QOL". I feel like with each day there a more more problems with this game. Awful servers with a low tick rate, STILL severe and rage quitting audio bugs, overhaul of the store, balancing heros evenly, proper report system etc.

Anyways next week i finally hit rank 100. Looking back there was still like 70% trash in the battlepass. 3 legendary skins, air motes and craftig matierial to buy 1 legendary thing. Wished they just cut all the filler, which would leveling up the BP much more rewarding,
Yeah, if none of this is on the docket for S3 this game is going to crash hard. 400m net buckos is what they want, but that's not what they will be getting. Legend balance is so terrible still, and it's like they have all this data but have no idea what to do with any of it. Since the disruptor nerf the 99 again has become de facto number one gun you see everywhere all the time.

They have laughably tried to buff Bloodhound like three fucking times and failed each time. They had to nerf Disruptors twice. It's pretty clear they have no idea what they are doing the first or second times through balance. You would think they'd be a bit more proactive.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe buff disrupters again but make them gold and harder to find...makes sense to me.

Hell no, that would just make it even more RNG then skill based, as the rare player that finds it could crap all over another, less lucky.

Nerf them even more I say and revert the 301 changes. Melting down purple armor with a few Alternator bullets doesn't feel rewarding, it's dumb and arguably the worst gameplay change made to the game.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Missed a few days of the event so been trying to get all the daily challenges for the loot. I'm at 17 with one day left.

Tried to camp into top 3 in solos for one challenge but of course I'm not the only one doing it so got sniped by someone else. It was easier to do it in squads.

Speaking of which, does anyone else encounter this bug where you end up on a team by yourself in normal after playing a solo game?

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
User warned: lazy devs rhetoric
Hell no, that would just make it even more RNG then skill based, as the rare player that finds it could crap all over another, less lucky.

Nerf them even more I say and revert the 301 changes. Melting down purple armor with a few Alternator bullets doesn't feel rewarding, it's dumb and arguably the worst gameplay change made to the game.
The 301 is still fine as is dear god man. The 99 needs a slight nerf. The longbow needs a slight nerf. Disruptors might need a micro nerf again. Do that and this game would be better off, but a few weapons need ever so slight buffs.

I think the G7 could shooter every so slightly faster. Eva could do every so slightly more damage possibly. Same thing with Moz.

I just don't understand why they are so damn lazy with legend and weapon balance. And don't tell me they aren't lazy man. They have buffed Bloodhound like three times and they still suck. Caustic sits here and is just a walking target. Nobody uses him for very good reasons. He's terrible.

Pathfinder has fucked up audio, can grapple literally anywhere all the time, has a great hitbox, and is basically unstoppable for movement. How hard is it to keep these things in line like a normal dev team would? These guys are the slowest to balance anything I have seen in a long ass time.

I think all legends should be able to climb slightly higher. Pathfinder is way too fucking in his own world with movement. Wraith and that tiny as hitbox is also ridiculous with very few things against her besides she can't grapple. It's time they actually started making this game better again.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Fuck solos and fuck all those campers. Where's the fun you pathetic pricks? Three games in a row I lose because some prick is camping fully healed while I just finished a fight and couldn't heal

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
> Calls game devs "real lazy"
> Also acknowledges how those same game devs have consistently kept trying to improve the game via regular buffs and nerfs, in order to find the perfect balance that is something that can only be found through series of trials and failures.

1*3nBN-KfU5J7kFrrIInYpVQ.gif

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how gamers always complain about a stagnant meta when it literally just changed a month or so ago.

The best part about these games is new stuff will be added/tweaked/removed so that the strategy will always change.

I'd honestly rather have that than some sort of "balance" if that makes sense. Every season we should have some weapon shakeups.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I've seen it all in this game. Framerate issues, crashes, server errors, silent footsteps, shooting through walls, weapons not shooting, and so on. The game literally falling apart in the final circles... well, that's new. This was on Xbox One X, btw, and no Iwas not lagging. Game worked perfectly until then, too. It's hilarious how many ways this game finds to ruin the flow and fuck over the enjoyment I can have with it.

Enjoy 3 minutes of the game breaking itself. If you wonder why sometimes I stop or turn around like a madman, is because the game wasn't even taking my inputs correctly at that point.

As I look back at the video, I think that not everyone on the server but some had a similar issue too. The enemy in front of me had a billion chances to finish me off if he was playing normally, but he never attempted to shoot me again either. Somebody died to the circle. Barely any shots. A memorable ending, that's for sure.

FYI, same thing happened to me. I also have it recorded. X1X.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Fuck solos and fuck all those campers. Where's the fun you pathetic pricks? Three games in a row I lose because some prick is camping fully healed while I just finished a fight and couldn't heal
Solos has gotten BAD today folks. The camping is outrageous, and it just brings to attention the incredibly poor legend balance as well.
I love how gamers always complain about a stagnant meta when it literally just changed a month or so ago.

The best part about these games is new stuff will be added/tweaked/removed so that the strategy will always change.

I'd honestly rather have that than some sort of "balance" if that makes sense. Every season we should have some weapon shakeups.
Ehhhhh no thanks. When your game is horribly imbalanced odds are nobody wants to play it really. Disruptors were busted beyond belief on release. This is not new and cool. It's just busted, and this meta is terrible atm even with the fixed disruptors. Growing pains maybe, but they simply need to do more to stay on top of things. It appears they are just catering to streamer needs at this point.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
> Also acknowledges how those same game devs have consistently kept trying to improve the game via regular buffs and nerfs, in order to find the perfect balance that is something that can only be found through series of trials and failures.

The truth is gamers are emotional. Asshats indeed.

Edit: didn't even see the post this was referring to lol.

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019

Maybe the lazy comment was a bit much, but that disruptor thing really made me doubt whoever is doing balance passes. You simply can't be in touch with your own game and release something that broken. Same thing with Bloodhound. None of these tweaks were very successful, and there is a ton of stuff that wasn't touched and has remained pretty bad from launch. I mean Caustic is still in a pretty sorry state, and we know their data can back that up. So that kind of says to me people are at least confused as to what is going on in their own game, or maybe they are just not concerned too much about it as their revenue is whatever... IDK streamers and maybe they don't want to piss off their streamers.

As far as the post saying things about being emotional, well I wasn't really too bothered until this event went on with the rich people prices and lack of just about anything for anybody else. And then the ridiculous comments after that kind of did make me a bit angry about the whole process going on here. It became very apparent that 400m net bookings was basically laid out because their plan to was to fleece gamers as much as possible.

I'll definitely give Respawn a chance. Will check out S3 I guess, but if that doesn't improve on a lot of this well damn IDK I think it's time to move on.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only issues I have with the game are exploiters in solo that team. That's annoying. Also glitches that have been plaguing the game since launch like audio issues and shooting while downed. As for camping? I mean. People are gonna do it in any shooter regardless. I can't act like I haven't done the same just to take the logical win. Still boring as fuck way to play though.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Solos has gotten BAD today folks. The camping is outrageous, and it just brings to attention the incredibly poor legend balance as well.

Ehhhhh no thanks. When your game is horribly imbalanced odds are nobody wants to play it really. Disruptors were busted beyond belief on release. This is not new and cool. It's just busted, and this meta is terrible atm even with the fixed disruptors. Growing pains maybe, but they simply need to do more to stay on top of things. It appears they are just catering to streamer needs at this point.
I'm just saying the game is constantly in flux, and thats a good thing. It's damn near impossible to achieve perfect balance.

Perfect balance would mean every weapon is good, every legend is good, etc etc.

What ends up having is every version of the game will have a "meta" This happens with EVERY game.

I actually think Apex does a VERY good job at having the meta change not only through patches and weapon tuneups, but it also changes throughout the ranks. I watched that video of the best combos for Ranked and the guy mentioned how in Predator rank you see Wattsons EVERYWHERE. Which is hilarious to me because I think she's a situational throwaway in Plat and lower. I think thats a sign of a healthy, and decently balanced game.

Hell, even here you have people every day post "I haven't used this weapon/legend in a while, but did some stuff with it today and WOW I AM CONVINCED"

Just on this page we have "character X sucks" "well actually he's my most successful character"

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The higher you place in ranked the more prevalent camping is, and it's boooooring in diamond. The gunfights are fun because you're actually engaging people who can track and use their wits compared to quickplay but everything else is slow play. Haven't had too many issues with that in solo, which is why I've stopped the diamond climb completely and just started pub stomping there. Lmao.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I'm just saying the game is constantly in flux, and thats a good thing. It's damn near impossible to achieve perfect balance.

Perfect balance would mean every weapon is good, every legend is good, etc etc.

What ends up having is every version of the game will have a "meta" This happens with EVERY game.

I actually think Apex does a VERY good job at having the meta change not only through patches and weapon tuneups, but it also changes throughout the ranks. I watched that video of the best combos for Ranked and the guy mentioned how in Predator rank you see Wattsons EVERYWHERE. Which is hilarious to me because I think she's a situational throwaway in Plat and lower. I think thats a sign of a healthy, and decently balanced game.

Hell, even here you have people every day post "I haven't used this weapon/legend in a while, but did some stuff with it today and WOW I AM CONVINCED"

Just on this page we have "character X sucks" "well actually he's my most successful character"
I disagree. The balance we have here is atrocious. I don't need perfect balance. Wattson is there because literally the game is a camp meta. But you don't see Caustic there because he is hot garbage. Wattson prevails in this camp meta because of her abilities and hitbox, and she sure as heck works as well in Platinum as she does in Diamond.

In solos no because Wattson really isn't that great alone. That by itself is not a sign of a good meta, it's just a sign of a legend being good in the camp meta that is Plat and above.

It's not really the meta that is the issue for a lot of things. I'll give you that guns and what not change, and that is fine. But now we just got a R99 meta again. Disruptors were ridiculous, and rightfully nerfed, but now we see all the issues with this game again that were there before. Too many weapons are simply useless, too many gunfight outcomes rely on mags and stabilizers, and half the legends are literally useless in higher ranked. That to me anyway is not a good meta at all.

I realize it can be hard to balance guns. But I think more proactive tweaking is needed for this game. There is no real reason to have drastically imbalanced metas just for the heck of it. I think tweaks to a fair amount of weapons could be implemented, and people overall would be a lot happier.

And that doesn't even begin to account for all the issues with sound, lag, teaming, boring ranked, loot tables, et cetera. It's a newer BR, so give it some time, but this whole event kind of put a sour face on some.

Caustic isnt in a sorry state. You just suck with him. After Gibraltar, I have the most S2 wins with him.
Yeah, let's see you max Caustic in Diamond against people who can aim lol. Right. Caustic is literally the easiest legend to take down. An r99 or peacekeeper and he's got pretty much no chance. Nobody cares about his gas.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. The balance we have here is atrocious. I don't need perfect balance. Wattson is there because literally the game is a camp meta. But you don't see Caustic there because he is hot garbage. Wattson prevails in this camp meta because of her abilities and hitbox, and she sure as heck works as well in Platinum as she does in Diamond.

In solos no because Wattson really isn't that great alone. That by itself is not a sign of a good meta, it's just a sign of a legend being good in the camp meta that is Plat and above.

It's not really the meta that is the issue for a lot of things. I'll give you that guns and what not change, and that is fine. But now we just got a R99 meta again. Disruptors were ridiculous, and rightfully nerfed, but now we see all the issues with this game again that were there before. Too many weapons are simply useless, too many gunfight outcomes rely on mags and stabilizers, and half the legends are literally useless in higher ranked. That to me anyway is not a good meta at all.

I realize it can be hard to balance guns. But I think more proactive tweaking is needed for this game. There is no real reason to have drastically imbalanced metas just for the heck of it. I think tweaks to a fair amount of weapons could be implemented, and people overall would be a lot happier.

And that doesn't even begin to account for all the issues with sound, lag, teaming, boring ranked, loot tables, et cetera. It's a newer BR, so give it some time, but this whole event kind of put a sour face on some.

Yeah, let's see you max Caustic in Diamond against people who can aim lol. Right. Caustic is literally the easiest legend to take down. An r99 or peacekeeper and he's got pretty much no chance. Nobody cares about his gas.

Devs balance the game not just at the highest level. At the highest level the game becomes very hard to balance because people there are so good they will exploit the tiniest of advantages and disadvantages that are inconsequential at lower ranks.

Not to mention balancing around console as well.

At super high ranks I can see some frustration but this has been the case in EVERY competetive game in history.

There are heroes/abilities/weapons that are the designated meta. Look at Overwatch, some characters were NEEDED to win. There was very little room to flex.

I think for 99% of players the game is pretty well balanced with weapons and legend combinations succeeding.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Devs balance the game not just at the highest level. At the highest level the game becomes very hard to balance because people there are so good they will exploit the tiniest of advantages and disadvantages that are inconsequential at lower ranks.

Not to mention balancing around console as well.

At super high ranks I can see some frustration but this has been the case in EVERY competetive game in history.

There are heroes/abilities/weapons that are the designated meta. Look at Overwatch, some characters were NEEDED to win. There was very little room to flex.

I think for 99% of players the game is pretty well balanced with weapons and legend combinations succeeding.
Mostly, you just seem to be pointing to other games and their lack of balance as an excuse for this game. The meta in this game is old and dusty. R99, Alternator + D, Longbow. 99 been top since release basically. Occasional peacekeeper or devotion thrown in. It's gotten old, and it was absolutely ridiculous that disruptors needed two separate nerfs. Loot tables are definitely adding to the problem. It's hard to gauge balance when certain attachments are so random.

I'm not saying the gun balance is WAY off or anything, but it's off enough that you basically need one of a couple weapons or you are toast against good players.

That isn't good balance IMO anyway. And the legend balance right now is awful and probably a bigger concern. One character can basically grapple wherever they want to. pathfinder has literally been broken for months on end. No other legend is allowed so much freedom with so little drawbacks. Another has a dot for a hitbox. A couple others are up there and decent, but I can't really see any randoms enjoying this balance all that much when they have lesser legends.

The thing is this is not really all that hard to balance here. There aren't 30 legends. A few tweak to pathfinder and I think he would be fine. A few tweaks to some of the bottom legends and they would be fine. A couple guns need very small micro buffs, and a couple need micro nerfs. I don't see the issues with getting these things done. Again, I don't need perfect balance.

And beyond all that the tickrate, loot tables, and what not are maybe the more important issue. Hard to properly gauge gun balance when your algorithm is deciding gun battles all the time. Well Pathfinder absolutely needs to be brought in line. More than any other legend he is completely ruining the game if you ask me.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly, you just seem to be pointing to other games and their lack of balance as an excuse for this game. The meta in this game is old and dusty. R99, Alternator + D, Longbow. 99 been top since release basically. Occasional peacekeeper or devotion thrown in. It's gotten old, and it was absolutely ridiculous that disruptors needed two separate nerfs. Loot tables are definitely adding to the problem. It's hard to gauge balance when certain attachments are so random.

I'm not saying the gun balance is WAY off or anything, but it's of enough that you basically need one of a couple weapons or you are toast against good players.

That isn't good balance IMO anyway. And the legend balance right now is awful and probably a bigger concern. One character can basically grapple wherever they want to. Another has a dot for a hitbox. A couple others are up there and decent, but I can't really see any randoms enjoying this balance all that much when they have lesser legends.

The thing is this is not really all that hard to balance here. There aren't 30 legends. A few tweak to pathfinder and I think he would be fine. A few tweaks to some of the bottom legends and they would be fine. A couple guns need very small micro buffs, and a couple need micro nerfs. I don't see the issues with getting these things done. Again, I don't need perfect balance.

And beyond all that the tickrate, loot tables, and what not are maybe the more important issue. Hard to properly gauge gun balance when your algorithm is deciding gun battles all the time.

1.There are not that many guns in this game. You just named almost half. Sounds like a healthy amount of "top tier" guns. You use the mid tier or bottom tier guns until you can get the top tier guns. Same goes for any loot. This is a battle royale game after all.

Which brings me to my next point.

2. It's a BR game. Its inherantly random. If on every drop you found what you needed it would defeat the whole appeal/purpose of looting. The entire premise is you have to use what you got to get better shit and win. If you want fair fights I suggest going to a different genre.

I think Respawn knows some legends are worse and some are better. And I think they know about weapons as well. Balance takes time, but all things considered, just like you said, the balance is not that far off. Micro buffs and nerfs here and there, which they will continue to do.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
1.There are not that many guns in this game. You just named almost half. Sounds like a healthy amount of "top tier" guns. You use the mid tier or bottom tier guns until you can get the top tier guns. Same goes for any loot. This is a battle royale game after all.

Which brings me to my next point.

2. It's a BR game. Its inherantly random. If on every drop you found what you needed it would defeat the whole appeal/purpose of looting. The entire premise is you have to use what you got to get better shit and win. If you want fair fights I suggest going to a different genre.

I think Respawn knows some legends are worse and some are better. And I think they know about weapons as well. Balance takes time, but all things considered, just like you said, the balance is not that far off. Micro buffs and nerfs here and there, which they will continue to do.
Which is why I said the gun balance isn't too far off, but it's definitely enough to be annoying. All you hear are 99s and longbows lol. Of course other guns make it up there, and it's not horrifyingly bad at times... but Pathfinder can seriously fuck off. They need to do something about legend balance other than give Bloodhound more FOV on his scan lmao.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
You guys need to stop feeding the troll. He's been banned and warned multiple times. Put him on ignore and hopefully he will take a hint and eventually go away.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I said the gun balance isn't too far off, but it's definitely enough to be annoying. All you hear are 99s and longbows lol. Of course other guns make it up there, and it's not horrifyingly bad at times... but Pathfinder can seriously fuck off. They need to do something about legend balance other than give Bloodhound more FOV on his scan lmao.
I think everyone is in agreement that bloodhounds kit is probably the weakest in the game lol

His passive is probably the only good thing about him since it means you can figure out if people are camping nearby. He would actually be the perfect anti camping hero if his abilities weren't so self defeating. The ult needs a rework, but actual ability needs

1. Longer range. Gotta love scanning "No hostiles detected" and then getting R99'd in the next room.

2. No visual cue. I think a simple sonar detected notification would be perfect. No orange radar wave. That and to highlight enemies better. Gotta love "2 hostiles detected" but then you can't find them lol.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
You guys need to stop feeding the troll. He's been banned and warned multiple times. Put him on ignore and hopefully he will take a hint and eventually go away.
I think it's hilarious we are having a conversation, and you feel the need to absolutely just say nothing of any consequence whatsoever. Where's the mod on this garbage?

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I think everyone is in agreement that bloodhounds kit is probably the weakest in the game lol

His passive is probably the only good thing about him since it means you can figure out if people are camping nearby. He would actually be the perfect anti camping hero if his abilities weren't so self defeating. The ult needs a rework, but actual ability needs

1. Longer range. Gotta love scanning "No hostiles detected" and then getting R99'd in the next room.

2. No visual cue. I think a simple sonar detected notification would be perfect. No orange radar wave. That and to highlight enemies better. Gotta love "2 hostiles detected" but then you can't find them lol.
I should probably say gun balance is on my mind for top tier Diamond and more or less solos right now. It should be said early game is pretty crazy in solos, and peacekeepers are outrageously good. I know gun balance can't be perfect, and it's definitely not my main point of contention.

I'd say for me the things that matter most:

Tickrate
Legends
Loot Tables
Weapons

In that order. Those are the things that to me really affect the game. As you said gun balance is probably pretty close to where it needs to be, with a few tweaks to even out Diamond matches I think.

As for Bloodhound, I think didn't they nerf him to start the game off right away? I think he had a huge scan didn't he? I think people overreacted to that, which led to them nerfing him for no reason. Now people don't use him nearly as much, and he's almost at Caustic tier for kills per match. I love Bloodhound though. I want them to keep buffing. I even paid tickets for the all black costume. But I can't really use Bloodhound in Diamond matches.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what to do about loot table.

You need it to be random. I think its better that way. Perhaps spread some white shields/moz/p20's around more. The only issue I see with it is not finding anything in 2 buildings 3 crates at the initial drop.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I dunno what to do about loot table.

You need it to be random. I think its better that way. Perhaps spread some white shields/moz/p20's around more. The only issue I see with it is not finding anything in 2 buildings 3 crates at the initial drop.
I think for me the issue is that the new mags kind of made it so it's much more random that you have a full set, no matter which color, of mag, stock, and stabilizer. That to me made it worse than S1 and has made battles even more RNG. So evening that out to me would make a big difference. It's not too bad, but definitely worse than S1.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think for me the issue is that the new mags kind of made it so it's much more random that you have a full set, no matter which color, of mag, stock, and stabilizer. That to me made it worse than S1 and has made battles even more RNG. So evening that out to me would make a big difference. It's not too bad, but definitely worse than S1.

Eh, thats just BR dude. Every game is random. Trying to shove "fairness" into every fight is just silly.

I will say, if they scrapped the extended mags entirely, the guns would be easier to balance.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Eh, thats just BR dude. Every game is random. Trying to shove "fairness" into every fight is just silly.

I will say, if they scrapped the extended mags entirely, the guns would be easier to balance.
Yeah, I guess. But the crew I run with mostly preferred S1 as the mags didn't get in the way as much and fights seemed more pure at least to me anyway.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Booted up the game after slumming it in Overwatch for the past couple of weeks. Wow these Iron Crown skins actually look good, and I kinda regret not even getting much of a chance at earning them now! That Lifeline skin is cool as shit.

Also, I played my first two solo games. Literally died quickly to the champion in the first match, and proceeded to win in the second match with some real clutch plays getting five kills, recovering my health and shields multiple times from the brink, and even getting a self-rez off at the edge of the circle one time. That was a helluva 15 minutes.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the best part of solos is to drop in, do challenges, fuck around, without fucking over your team.

There are times where I need to wait for my friends to finish a game where I would "hot drop" in a new game, basically trying to go into a high risk environment for some quick kills and fun, which is not helping my team at all since my point is to just kill time before I can join friends.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
So I killed a guy in solos and then he started messaging me, saying how I didnt even know what kind of guy I killed, and then he even fucking sent me a screenshot of his stats. I couldnt stop laughing, that was one of the most pathetic things I have seen.

Edit: holy shit now he keeps rambling on about how the only reason I won was because I used the noob gun spitfire.

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
So I killed a guy in solos and then he started messaging me, saying how I didnt even know what kind of guy I killed, and then he even fucking sent me a screenshot of his stats. I couldnt stop laughing, that was one of the most pathetic things I have seen.
Some people are insane man. The funny thing is I get tons of solo wins, but it has not much to do with my stats. KDR especially in this game has so many variables that all I can do is laugh when people bring it up. Sure, if you are a streamer and what not your 8 KDR or whatever is pretty good, but a lot of that is just stacked teams. I been on a couple of those teams, and kills come really easy. I turned messages form unknowns off lol. People are crazy.

Solos lately has been real though. 5 people left at about circle 5 or later. It gets down there. Just got a win finally to break my shit streak. I been mostly going for kills, and that doesn't always equate to wins so I am toning it down a little. Almost always means sitting in a house for a good couple minutes near the end.

That win was for real though. All I had was an Eva with a blue end and a shitty 99 with greys. Octane is the only thing that kept me alive at the end and the jumptower I escaped on. Boy that loot just screws me sometimes. Don't sleep on Octane in solos. He's very decent.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Edit: holy shit now he keeps rambling on about how the only reason I won was because I used the noob gun spitfire.

Reminds me of that compilation of old 360 messages that were like "haha sorry Im with 2 girls right now and let one of them play for a bit, im too busy making out right now than to try to win, besides you suck you almost got killed by a girl I make more money and am more awesome you loser"

I recently got a message after I killed one guy, and got third partied before I could heal. He sent me a message "Karma"

ok??? was I supposed to just let you live or something?

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017

His scan can be really useful in solos in a 1v1 situation as you can pre-aim from around corners, but the cool down is so obnoxiously long that it's almost useless due to all the 3rd partying.

Bloodhound would be so much more useful if he just got the pulse knife from Titanfall 2. I don't see how it'd be unbalanced if you couldn't see where the Bloodhound is when the scan goes off. It would also be cool if the pulse knife could do damage as well, making it more unique/useful.

It'd be nice to throw the knife at a building as you approach so you can know where someone is in there. Or throw it at a distance to determine if the place you want to move to is occupied. Now it's just Bloodhounds crouching to make no noise, getting close, popping the scan, and then boom, now everyone knows where you are and is coming for you. So lame.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
The higher you place in ranked the more prevalent camping is, and it's boooooring in diamond. The gunfights are fun because you're actually engaging people who can track and use their wits compared to quickplay but everything else is slow play. Haven't had too many issues with that in solo, which is why I've stopped the diamond climb completely and just started pub stomping there. Lmao.
Totally agree. It's kind of tiring when you have an entry fee but then also get really bad RNG on the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.