• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
btw for everyone hating on the ship: if you just have to go there, better learn how to dive onto lower deck directly from the side.
its very much possible to land on the lower deck from the get go avoiding all the brawling on top
just dont try to enter ship from rear exit, that shit is almost impossible

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Happens to me as well and multiple others in this thread. Mostly Sony TVs and an LG. Nothing to do with your specific setup. Game audio is broken.

I need to play with a headset.

Its indeed a Sony TV. Good to know its a shared problem :)

Is this PS4? Change your audio output settings in menu. Default is 'Linear PCM', change to another option - Bitstream Dolby I think worked for us.

Will give this a try! Thanx :)

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Fists out, straight W-keying, slide-jumping all the way. When people see you run at them that quickly and just start unloading an LMG, they panic. If they stay and fight, they get shredded by the LMG. If they start running, they get easily picked by the 301.

If my teammates start the engagement first, I try to get a side-angle approach as quickly as I can.

The map is so well designed with so much natural cover that running straight at people can often be surprisingly safe.

I'm trying this today. I never even thought about the fact that there's cover everywhere. My squad usually sees guys off in the distance and then one of us fires at them (as if that's going to do anything except give away our location and waste ammo) and then the other team just rushes our position and jumps us by all 3 of them flanking from different directions.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I so often try to flank an enemy squad just for my team to fallback. Then I get picked off and they just rush the rest of my squad. Geez guys, aggression pays off in this game.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been paying much attention recently, but I remember in February that everyone assumed we would get the Battle Pass (and new characters) on March 1. Obviously that hasn't happened yet, but has Respawn said anything about when we CAN expect that?

Nov 21, 2017
It's taken me a week to really get a feel for it, but I can't be alone in thinking that the mouse is handled really badly in this. It's like there's a massive amount of input lag, and sensitivity seems to change randomly during a match, especially in the early game / if you get into a laggy server.

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
I haven't been paying much attention recently, but I remember in February that everyone assumed we would get the Battle Pass (and new characters) on March 1. Obviously that hasn't happened yet, but has Respawn said anything about when we CAN expect that?

Respawn just teased a livestream soon on Reddit. We Can except a livestream reveal in a few days.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
So now that more people are figuring out that you can kick in doors; I reveal my new party trick: I present you the "Bait 'n Switch"

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In March. That's what they said all along.

Why people thought "in March" would mean "1st of March" is beyond me.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017

Respawn never said the exact date, idk why people assumed it was coming the 1st.
It is rumoured to start around March 12.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
maaan Im enjoying this soo much, but this game really needs rank match so bad

Im being slaughtered by the 1k + kill player almost every match.

Truth. Game is amazing. I've gotten a little better, but when the chips start to fall in a game, drewfonse falls hard at the hands of someone with 986 kills and crazy ass bling on their banner.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I can't find a GIF tool online that isn't more than 10 seconds and also not terrible.

At 5.26 I used a Wraiths portal against her and her teammate and it was so fun. I could see her teammate travelling back up through the portal and just waited.

(I uploaded the whole match to show my friend I normally play with - video is unlisted)

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
moonoon_ow is good at this game. But dude plays the game like a piece of shit the way he constantly just leaves instantly, and it's always when he dies first. Dude is part of the problem.

Yeah, I watched him a bit last week and was amazed how much of an ass he was.
I guess that is his appeal? People in chat were having a ball whenever he quit out (after mostly his own fuck ups).
It has been said in this thread, but streamers are a gift and a curse for this game. The need to be appealing makes for a shit team mate at times.

Deleted member 4044

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't find a GIF tool online that isn't more than 10 seconds and also not terrible.

At 5.26 I used a Wraiths portal against her and her teammate and it was so fun. I could see her teammate travelling back up through the portal and just waited.

(I uploaded the whole match to show my friend I normally play with - video is unlisted)

Amazing game. You were also out in the wide open near the end, a position I would normally call "screwed".

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing game. You were also out in the wide open near the end, a position I would normally call "screwed".

Ha, thanks! Yeah I was hit with a grenade at one point and I thought that was the end at that point. Had to slide down that ramp to avoid another one and was again sure that the person running up would end me but I guess they didn't expect it.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Why do I keep getting put with players that won't heal themselves?

It's really weird, but I've played a few games today with players that have walked around after a battle with 20% health and no shield. Despite me dropping and pinging meds/shield cells for them.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is little more frustrating than people who immediately quit when, as the jumpmaster, you land somewhere other than where they wanted.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Why do I keep getting put with players that won't heal themselves?

It's really weird, but I've played a few games today with players that have walked around after a battle with 20% health and no shield. Despite me dropping and pinging meds/shield cells for them.
This keeps happening to me too lol.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope so. Being paired with level 2s is cute at first, but after awhile you're just like "ok, pair me with someone who has more than 5 mins of play time please".
Yeah, today it's especially terrible. Like I'm trying to explain it to them nonstop but they just don't get.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Got one achievement to get, I need another 2.5k damage with Gibraltar and Pathfinder.

Would be first game I've got full achievements in for a long time!

madspooky

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Kent, ME
I feel like with the amount of memes about Mozambique's that it would be really fitting for Respawn to overly buff the gun for April Fools day and make it an unstoppable killing force.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I am hot trash at this game. Felt like I was getting better but I'm playing like shit the last two days. Maybe 5 kills in the last 12 games or so.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Game needs a solo mode and duo mode right away. Interesting to see if they'll be taking the leaderboards seriously w/ solo because I would like to take that shit seriously. Would be the first real gaming grind I do since achieving Global Elite solo in CSGO, so I'm beyond ready

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
So many of the guns in this game are actually viable and I love it. I still haven't had much success with the P2020 but I feel like every time I spend a few hours with this game, I find a new fun combination of weapons that I have a lot of success with. I've grown far beyond my initial safety net of Wingman and EVA.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Game needs a solo mode and duo mode right away. Interesting to see if they'll be taking the leaderboards seriously w/ solo because I would like to take that shit seriously. Would be the first real gaming grind I do since achieving Global Elite solo in CSGO, so I'm beyond ready

A Solo and Duo mode is inevitable. I wonder if they'll do anything to mix it up, particularly for Solo's.

As for a ranked mode - if the player base holds up, then I can see it coming.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Is it even possible to be champion squad twice in a row? Every time I win as the champion it never seems to give it a second time.
My longest solo streak is 4 wins in a row, but I've noticed that being the Champion squad often leads the Jumpmaster to an overconfident and straight-up suicidal drop.
I don't like being Champion squad for just that reason alone.

Now that I'm thinking about it, though, I don't know if I've ever been Champion Squad 2 games in a row, regardless of performance.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My longest solo streak is 4 wins in a row, but I've noticed that being the Champion squad often leads the Jumpmaster to an overconfident and straight-up suicidal drop.
I don't like being Champion squad for just that reason alone.

Now that I'm thinking about it, though, I don't know if I've ever been Champion Squad 2 games in a row, regardless of performance.

I've been paying attention to this recently because a friend noticed it, and at least in the last week I've never gotten champion squad two games in a row. Not really a big deal, but it's odd.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
So many quitters.... Like just wait will ya and give me chance to revive you. So many times i'm left on me tod, Is sweet tho taking out squads by yourself, God bless those arc stars.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
After watching his apex stream last night, damn MoonMoon is pretty toxic. At one point he quit a match right after landing cause he saw an enemy grab a better weapon. Didn't even get downed.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
So many quitters.... Like just wait will ya and give me chance to revive you. So many times i'm left on me tod, Is sweet tho taking out squads by yourself, God bless those arc stars.
Yeah, I've had really bad luck with quitters in the last couple days. I almost always end up winning the encounter and could revive/respawn but they bailed as soon as they went down. It happened way too often.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've had really bad luck with quitters in the last couple days. I almost always end up winning the encounter and could revive/respawn but they bailed as soon as they went down. It happened way too often.
Yet on release it wasn't even a thing, Weird how it's evolved into a quitter fest. Defo needs duo's/solo's now.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I've actually noticed it happens mostly with people with high kill stats on the loading screen, from my experience. It's like they have zero faith in the team or something (yet they were the first down)?
Yeah, just had a Bang with 200+ kills just jump us to bunker waaaay too late and us getting mowed down ... happens way too often to be incidental.
At the same time I'm in team with people that are both level 2. This game needs ranked ASAP

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm not saying it's this all the time, but I've had several instances of been in a full party and a player has been left behind in the lobby when starting a game. So we've quit out to re-join.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying it's this all the time, but I've had several instances of been in a full party and a player has been left behind in the lobby when starting a game. So we've quit out to re-join.
Oh plus there are game crashes too. It's just VERY suspicious when someone bails when they're down/eliminated. And it really happens so often with me now that I'm starting to see a pattern.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Wow look at this grandpa no scoping lol!

I can only hope I'm still putting people down at his age.

This has happened to me when playing with just one other person. I was the one stuck in the lobby and when I cancelled the queue, it would then instantly join me into the match my friend was already in.

So the 2 people already in the game don't need to back out, the person in the lobby just needs to click their queue button again.

Status
Not open for further replies.