• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Down on PS4 for battlepass or patch maybe? Seems odd timing when they are about to start the final round in the code red tournament lol.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I lowered that a couple weeks ago, it hasn't fixed it. Same for my friends.

It's insanely annoying, isn't it?

I'm running an i5-4460 / GTX 970 system with all settings at the lowest except resolution (left that fixed at 1080p) and texture streaming/VRAM budget (set that to 2GB).

I want to play so bad but they won't let me!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had 4 wins in a row with Chronospherics earlier. That run topped my previous best of 3 in a row. Lifeline, Bloodhound and Mirage seemed to work pretty well together too, at least in our bout of games.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
I reached level 100, it's embarrassing how many hours I pumped into this game lol

Gimme that BP, Respawn.

I'm on console. I've actually had a few good games with him but man it's crazy how enemies eyes be lighting up when they see your ass.

Ah damn, sorry, PC here.

Speaking of this, my Origin is Arkaign if any PC bros or sisters wanna play some not so serious games. :)

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Gah, I was feeling really proud of some obvious new players I was carrying to my third win of the day, we were in perfect position to finish off the last squad... and they just completely choked and held back firing in the open when a few nades would have demolished the last two super tagged guys.

That said, I'm now convinced thrice over that R-99 (ACOG), and Wingman (2X and Skullpiercer) is the god tier setup.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
It's insanely annoying, isn't it?

I'm running an i5-4460 / GTX 970 system with all settings at the lowest except resolution (left that fixed at 1080p) and texture streaming/VRAM budget (set that to 2GB).

I want to play so bad but they won't let me!

Go get the Nvidia 399.x driver. Fixed constant problems for me on a 1080ti. 417/418 were nothing but problems for me.

Aug 5, 2018
3 wins in 4 games. Only need a wraith win now.

I had 25 top three finishes with caustic before I finally got a win. 😖

Last edited:

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I've got to be honest here...

I'm really sick and tired of having to play this game in a team format. I don't like the pressure of having to perform for your teammates in tense situations, or having to deal with them stealing all the good loot.

I'm really considering just abandoning my squad from now on and going rogue. How big of a scumbag am I? I just want to have fun.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm really sick and tired of having to play this game in a team format. I don't like the pressure of having to perform for your teammates in tense situations, or having to deal with them stealing all the good loot.

I'm really considering just abandoning my squad from now on and going rogue. How big of a scumbag am I? I just want to have fun.
Abandoning your team is a King Scumbag move.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017

The game in it's current form isn't really for you then. You do you but I don't think it's really kosher to abandon your teammates but also it's just a video game so, eh.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017

That makes you just as bad as the people your complaining about. Makes you a hypocrite. Just play a different game if it's not fun.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017

There are TONS of other games for solo players. Don't shit up this one.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Looks like I have some self reflecting to do lol.

I share the frustration with bad teammates, but operate on the assumption you will get good ones.

Also for landing, land *slightly* away from them, like the next house/room etc, and run parallel. If you see a teammate enter a smaller house, just run ahead to the next. Faster to get loot that way, and you can ping stuff as well if you don't need.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok i didnt mind getting 3 shot tapped instantly to die to wingman because it didnt happen often but now everyone is wingman master and the 1-2 second instant kills from it is starting to become way too frequent and annoying

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The audio in this game is so poor for lots of things

I cant even hear somebody next to me ????

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You're a scumbag. Go play literally another br with a solo mode. People will be far less angry at you for it performing than you straight up throwing a match and wasting everyone's time.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, its good to loot separate places/houses when you all land. ping any items that may help others like a hop/shield/backpack/whatever else.
i usually try and ping what i need if i pick up a weapon. a lot of people walk past a lot of things since they wont use it. for example a scope for a weapon they don't have, when i can use it. simple stuff.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
audio is so important in this game. i always try and see if i can hear a robot hiding somewhere in a building or corner :P

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont use headphones btw cuz i play on a tv. Ive never known a multiplayer game to need headphones for tv. Overwatch sounds all come thru great. Idk why its like this for me in just this game

Edit: and yes i can hear the robots too, just not any footsteps. Maybe im going deaf

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Carrying a team to the final 5, getting the best of a 4 person brawl. Feels good, man.

Clearing said massive clusterfuck of a fight only to have your team ignore healing themselves up and any situational awareness to just zone out in a field of death boxes only to ignore me pinging the last squad as they pounced on us. Feels bad, man.

Not like this... D:

Aug 5, 2018
I dont use headphones btw cuz i play on a tv. Ive never known a multiplayer game to need headphones for tv. Overwatch sounds all come thru great. Idk why its like this for me in just this game

Edit: and yes i can hear the robots too, just not any footsteps. Maybe im going deaf

Wat. Headphones are for anything you play on.

Oct 27, 2017
Also I asked this on the subreddit a few weeks ago and its still not been patched.. on ps4 I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this. Now I know its not my controller this is the only game I have the issue with... I dont really feel like making a video so hope I can explain it good enough.

So does anyone while in the menus on ps4, sometimes the circle curser will move to the left of the screen without me touching the controller at all. As soon as I touch the left stick it stops. It happens in game as well sometimes I will stop and crouch and aim my weapon and I will still be moving to the left...non of the deadzone settings fix it or anything, Ive never had anything like this happen in any other game and the controller is only 8 months old. So it has to be the game.. it also never happened in TitanFall 2 either. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue... I have more trouble in this shooter with aiming than any-other.. I did change the FOV to 90 which helped alot but its still not as good as Id like. I wish the aiming felt like destiny 2.. Also the controller is insanely clean I have OCD with this lol I use alcohol prep pads on it weekly so its not a dust or dirt issue.

also is there a program I can use with my pc to test stick drift or something, also it is is stick drift why does it not happen in other games.

Aug 5, 2018
Also I asked this on the subreddit a few weeks ago and its still not been patched.. on ps4 I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this. Now I know its not my controller this is the only game I have the issue with... I dont really feel like making a video so hope I can explain it good enough.

So does anyone while in the menus on ps4, sometimes the circle curser will move to the left of the screen without me touching the controller at all. As soon as I touch the left stick it stops. It happens in game as well sometimes I will stop and crouch and aim my weapon and I will still be moving to the left...non of the deadzone settings fix it or anything, Ive never had anything like this happen in any other game and the controller is only 8 months old. So it has to be the game.. it also never happened in TitanFall 2 either. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue... I have more trouble in this shooter with aiming than any-other.. I did change the FOV to 90 which helped alot but its still not as good as Id like. I wish the aiming felt like destiny 2.. Also the controller is insanely clean I have OCD with this lol I use alcohol prep pads on it weekly so its not a dust or dirt issue.

also is there a program I can use with my pc to test stick drift or something, also it is is stick drift why does it not happen in other games.
Try changing the dead zone?

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Sorry, can't help you there :( PS4 non-Pro at least has really erratic framerate and it just felt awful to me. No problem on PC, but the competition is like 1000x better

Status
Not open for further replies.