• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
player numbers rising also on Xbox (lot slower than on pc where this literally exploded) so expect some more noobs going on.

yesterday I played 3 games in a row with at least one teammate level 1 (clearly 1-2 max games played before)
Thing is, i've been experiencing a lot of toxic behavior from higher level players as well so it's not exclusive to new players.
Recently had 2 teammates who were clearly partied up refuse to respawn me despite being right next to a respawn beacon and actively teabagged my box. I've experienced the same with reviving. I'm not sure if it's because I have high kill stats but it's something that has annoyed me recently, especially since i'm the type to actively go out of my way to respawn and revive even if a teammate isn't very good.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was solo only queue but Where you solo queue into a squad of 3, and everyone in the game is solo queued as well.

Im kind of tired solo queuing and being put with random baddies and going against golden state warrior super teams where every player on that team has over 2000 or 3000 kills.

My schedule doesnt match well with my friends that play this so i gotta solo queue alot

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, on PC at least, leaving has gotten so bad, that when I see someone actually stay for the full duration of me trying to recover their banner and then staying for me to respawn them, im legit surprised, and I think "sweet!"

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
The most ??????????? moment I've ever had with this game happened a few days ago.

We began the game as a 2-man squad.

Near the end of the game, Gibraltar goes down. Not out. Down. With us and one more squad left. He knows it's at least 2v1 because he knocked one in a firefight. I'm able to revive him, but for some reason, dude disconnects while down. I clean up his kill as they were getting revived and take out the last guy to win. Gibraltar gets no experience from it because he didn't wait for 30 more seconds.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Man getting kills with the Eva is way more satisfying than with the Peacekeeper, Supply drop then came and i dropped everything i had for the Mastiff, Which in turn gets us the win. I think Eva is my new goto.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't think you should be able to separate from the group in flight if you're not in a full party, that would force pugs to come with the group at least. Out of all my games I'd guess less than 5 have had a random who plays with us. I might have to stop playing until they implement duos.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
I have 1500 in crafting material and I don't know what to use it on. I have the skins I want for my mains: Bangalore and Wraith (including the Airship Assassin). I like to use Pathfinder, but I am not too hot on its Legendary skins. Maybe Mirage's Ghost skin? There is a skin for the Spitfire that looks pretty dope. What's been your legendary that you've crafted?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a win where it wasn't just one teammate with a shit ton of kills carrying the rest. All of us had 3 kills, and the last firefight was one of the longest final encounter I've had in the game. We kept rezzing back and forth, was surprised the amount of times we were able to recover and keep fighting.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have 1500 in crafting material and I don't know what to use it on. I have the skins I want for my mains: Bangalore and Wraith (including the Airship Assassin). I like to use Pathfinder, but I am not too hot on its Legendary skins. Maybe Mirage's Ghost skin? There is a skin for the Spitfire that looks pretty dope. What's been your legendary that you've crafted?
I'm just holding onto everything until the battle pass comes out so I know how they're going to handle everything.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
As someone that haven't played any other BR before, how does a battle pass work? I understand that those cost around $10 in Fortnite, can we expect the same for Apex? maybe $20?

What is the content normally? I read on the roadmap that we can expect new legends, loot, weapons and stuff but what about skins and all that stats stuff?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm the kind of guy that walks around with 25 Shield Cells and no grenades. I need to start picking them up and using them more often.

They're just not a part of my playstyle, but I need to start making them part of it.
Ordinance win's games, especially in the final few circles, chuck a few grenades/arc stars into where the enemy is hiding and gun em down when they have to move out of cover.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you ping an Ultimate Accelerant and the Lifeline actively runs away from it... :(
Or when they never call in their Ult. Arrrrggg...
I understand the frustration, but I mostly play lifeline:
Sometimes my inventory is full and I don't want to pick up the 3rd accelerant.
(I cant count the times where I am swallowing them only to be left alone by a looting team that moved to a whole
different area, gobbling up everything while I do nothing but wait)

And calling in the Supply drop without a good spot is a sure way to get fucked by another team.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
We've all realized by now that Arc Stars are OP, right?

Yep try to pick up as many as possible. At this point I ignore regular grenades cause they do jack shit, and might grab a thermite here or there since they have some good uses.

And calling in the Supply drop without a good spot is a sure way to get fucked by another team.

This is why I think her class is overrated, that and once you're kitted up the ult is useless.

Oct 26, 2017
When you ping an Ultimate Accelerant and the Lifeline actively runs away from it... :(
Lifeline main here, and I love you. I glug these things down. If I don't have room, I toss shit down to pick up and use immediately. My job is to call those down as often as possible to deck my team out. Had a game just last night where we found about 5 in a row, so I called down a package, glugged those babies down, then called down another.

They are also great bait later in game :)

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the kind of guy that walks around with 25 Shield Cells and no grenades. I need to start picking them up and using them more often.

They're just not a part of my playstyle, but I need to start making them part of it.

I was the same. Exact same, until ive gone against a few teams late game who have gotton a ton of value out of nade/arc star spamming on me and my team.

Now, i always pick up arc stars and nades

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
(I cant count the times where I am swallowing them only to be left alone by a looting team that moved to a whole

We play very different types of Lifelines then. :P I'll call those suckers down in the middle of a firefight for extra cover or area denial and chug those accelerants all day. They don't sit around in my inventory.
Lifeline main here, and I love you. I glug these things down. If I don't have room, I toss shit down to pick up and use immediately. My job is to call those down as often as possible to deck my team out. Had a game just last night where we found about 5 in a row, so I called down a package, glugged those babies down, then called down another.

They are also great bait later in game :)
That's my Lifeline.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
why do people insist on reviving me when the enemy squad has one or two people down, instead of pushing.. every time. only to get shit on as they try to revive...

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I call in the package to attract other teams. I'm trying to bang as many dudes as I can.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I don't feel comfortable heading unto the final encounters without atleast 4 grenades of some kind. They're so useful if you get a down to just pressure and move up.

It's not uncommon for me to have 6+ Arc Stars in the end. People can talk about the wingman, this is the true god tier.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
why do people insist on reviving me when the enemy squad has one or two people down, instead of pushing.. every time. only to get shit on as they try to revive...

There's probably equal amount of people bitching that they should do the opposite. Just look at how many people in this thread will complain about their teammates not helping them up.

I agree though, prioritize the other team first.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
The most ??????????? moment I've ever had with this game happened a few days ago.

We began the game as a 2-man squad.

Near the end of the game, Gibraltar goes down. Not out. Down. With us and one more squad left. He knows it's at least 2v1 because he knocked one in a firefight. I'm able to revive him, but for some reason, dude disconnects while down. I clean up his kill as they were getting revived and take out the last guy to win. Gibraltar gets no experience from it because he didn't wait for 30 more seconds.
he may have crashed.
i cannot count amount of times i've had my game crash during last 2-4 squads.
hell, dude revived me when it was last fight and as soon as i started to use phoenix my game died

zombipuppy

Oct 25, 2017
he may have crashed.
i cannot count amount of times i've had my game crash during last 2-4 squads.
hell, dude revived me when it was last fight and as soon as i started to use phoenix my game died

Hope they patch that soon. The amount of times I crashed at clutch moments is too high.

They also need to fix the bug where I get dragged out of my squad mid-match into a different one via "invite".

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What is the consensus on the Wingman here?

It was always a weapon I had just discarded as one of the pistols but I had my best game using it last night by far. It seems to me that outside of the legendary weapons it may just be the best mid-range weapon in the entire game.

I'm wondering if its worth abandoning things like the Hemlok, Hardline, and Prowler in favor of the Wingman when Im able get it.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It was always a weapon I had just discarded as one of the pistols but I had my best game using it last night by far. It seems to me that outside of the legendary weapons it may just be the best mid-range weapon in the entire game.

I'm wondering if its worth abandoning things like the Hemlok, Hardline, and Prowler in favor of the Wingman when Im able get it.
It's the best gun in the game.

Oct 26, 2017

I love it, but it takes getting used to. When you shoot, the animation shows the gun kick to the sky. However, I think before the animation fully resets, you can shoot again and be on target. So the gun animation is a tad misleading and still throws me off.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
New Nvidia drivers are out. I wonder if those with constant crashing on 418 who downgraded to 417 have better results with new 419.
Both 418.91 and 419.17 have "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes" listed as an Open Issue for Apex Legends in the release notes. Don't go past 417.71 until Nvidia says it's fixed.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

My preference is to always try to get wingman + some kind of automatic weapon (R301, Spitfire, Devotion). The Wingman is amazing early on (can down enemies who aren't heavily looted really quickly) and late game (it still wrecks, has a good fire rate, can be used up close and far-ish, etc).

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yep try to pick up as many as possible. At this point I ignore regular grenades cause they do jack shit, and might grab a thermite here or there since they have some good uses.
I would hope you do. Seeing as how they can effectively cut off choke points completely with a wall of flame. Even if you run through it, you still take DoT. And in a game like this, you cannot forfeit ANY shields to the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.