• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Get off respawns dick dude/dudette. Nowhere did I say that the game itself was bad. I said it's economy, AT THIS MOMENT(In case I wasnt clear enough), is in fact trash. When it isnt I'll say as much. The fact that you want to call it "goofy" is pretty hilarious.
So what I'm hearing is that you are not mad, you have never been mad, and in fact you think it's funny.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten more that 12k Crafting materials twice now at around level 60. Have 400 something currently. It's RNG of course but it doesn't feel too bad. I'm hoping they allow people to buy the battlepass with the earnable Tokens in addition to being able to use the tokens for Characters and exclusive skin recolors.

I would be completely fine with how things work if you could purchase skins and recolors with the earnable currency

benj

Oct 27, 2017
it'd be really great if they gave more uses for the orange currency, and it seems like it'd be in their best interest, too—the fewer players have enough tokens for new heroes, the more they'll be tempted to just drop some bucks for them. really hope they give me something to foolishly spend my money on (instead of just stuff to wisely spend my money on)

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it'd be really great if they gave more uses for the orange currency, and it seems like it'd be in their best interest, too—the fewer players have enough tokens for new heroes, the more they'll be tempted to just drop some bucks for them. really hope they give me something to foolishly spend my money on (instead of just stuff to wisely spend my money on)

yeah like, convert them into crafting materials, if not allow you to buy cosmetics with the red currency.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I would be completely fine with how things work if you could purchase skins and recolors with the earnable currency

I'd be completely fine with the ability to purchase skins with the tokens but I don't really have a problem with the way it is now. The Crafting Materials and the Legendary Recolors is a pretty cool system compared to what exists in other games.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Popping a phoenix kit in the middle of a fight when you have a level 4 backpack.

94f.png

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten more that 12k Crafting materials twice now at around level 60. Have 400 something currently. It's RNG of course but it doesn't feel too bad. I'm hoping they allow people to buy the battlepass with the earnable Tokens in addition to being able to use the tokens for Characters and exclusive skin recolors.
im lvl 44ish and have a grand total of 400 or so

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
some guy in game told me that he wanted to start a Bangalore fan art group and call it Bang Bros :/

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I feel as though I need to get good with the Wingman to get to the next level. Every single game you just see people walk through entire squads with that thing.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Any PC players discover any silver bullets for stopping crashing? I did the fps limit thing but still crash. Really...hoping....for anything....

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I mentioned, it's RNG.
"it doesnt feel too bad"

there is a gulf of difference between our experiences. of course you wouldnt be bothered by it, but the system does need tweaking. whether its earning them after every level or making it performance based or some other solution. random chance isn't good enough

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is a bit less fun now thanks to the increasing skill gap.
No surprise of course, but everyone that killed me today was in the late tripple digits kills. Feels bad.
I need a "not streamer or below 25" casual mode.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
lmao, I revive both my teammates and then just kinda wiggle the Devotion around until everyone's dead

And then we won this game

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
"it doesnt feel too bad"

there is a gulf of difference between our experiences. of course you wouldnt be bothered by it, but the system does need tweaking. whether its earning them after every level or making it performance based or some other solution. random chance isn't good enough

It doesn't feel too bad because there's a chance to get Crafting Materials at all compared to systems that don't give you that option. The difference in the stances between those of us that don't have a problem with the system as it exists is that we're acknowledging the inherent nature of how these F2P games monetize, are comparing them to existing systems that offer less free avenues to specific acquisition, and are trying to consider these factors with reason rather than "I want the things I want and if I don't get them the way I would most prefer them then the system is garbage," to paraphrase the general statements against the current system.

Of course there is a gulf between our experiences. That's the nature of RNG. And of course it would be wonderful if we could just get everything we wanted to get in the way we want to get those things. But it's not reasonable to expect a business to adapt monetization schemes that don't benefit them financially. Everyone is free to dislike whatever aspect of monetization for any game there is. But there's a difference between saying that you don't like something and saying that it's objectively bad.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Had to choose between Caustic and Mirage and glad I picked Caustic. He's great early game to land in crowded areas since he's the only one who can do damage with his abilities, and everyone is scrambling for guns and they run into your traps.

His midgame is bad, but his endgame is great if you end up in buildings. The traps are a spammable early warning system and his ult is a killer in tight spaces.

Also, I just love playing the villain. You bet your ass I am thirsting for finishers if I down an enemy in a gas cloud.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
What a shitty, entitled attitude.
Okay.

Its entitled to call the loot economy bad? Ok lol
The more you know.

But there's a difference between saying that you don't like something and saying that it's objectively bad.
Well we definitely cant say it's objectively good either. Trying to wave away people's misgivings about the system with "these companies have to make money somehow" is beyond lame.

Again if the RNG gods never bless me like theyve blessed you and others in this thread I have to spend 20bucks anytime I want to buy I new skin. And the probability for me to be blessed goes down the more I play. For me, that is objectively bad. A good system would try its best to alleviate this situation but Apex's does not. I'm not against giving them money for the fun game theyve crafted but I'm not going to give them money if I feel like I have no choice but to do so.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been hitting 10+ kills these last few matches. Feel like I'm on fire. The EVA8 and Wingman is just resonating right now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why? I honestly think it's one of the coolest things in the game. And when it docks I love the sound of the engines hovering nearby. Sounds like someone mowing the lawn in the summer.

The amount of loot plus the amount of people that land there just doesn't feel worth the scuffle imo. People say hurry and hold the bottom, but that isn't always the case. That tiny ass ship? With 6 others, maybe more. It just feels so uncoordinated and you HAVE to be on your shit. Much rather land in an actual town or the hot zone for that matter.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I think the supply ships are a VERY cool part of the game, i just also do not like to land on them

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of loot plus the amount of people that land there just doesn't feel worth the scuffle imo. People say hurry and hold the bottom, but that isn't always the case. That tiny ass ship? With 6 others, maybe more. It just feels so uncoordinated and you HAVE to be on your shit. Much rather land in an actual town or the hot zone for that matter.
its part of the fun.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta love those high level guys with thousands of kills just totally ignore a perfectly good landing spot to go bunker and die in the first few seconds because EVERYONE goes bunker...

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's why it's the best. So many kills to be had

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
Dropping onto the supply ship at the start of the game is ridiculously fun. I do it occasionally, the scavenge and the number of players getting dropped or eliminated is hilarious. It also compliments my Airship Assassin Wraith skin!

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Well we definitely cant say it's objectively good either. Trying to wave away people's misgivings about the system with "these companies have to make money somehow" is beyond lame.

Again if the RNG gods never bless me like theyve blessed you and others in this thread I have to spend 20bucks anytime I want to buy I new skin. And the probability for me to be blessed goes down the more I play. For me, that is objectively bad. A good system would try its best to alleviate this situation but Apex's does not. I'm not against giving them money for the fun game theyve crafted but I'm not going to give them money if I feel like I have no choice but to do so.

This is a flawed argument because no one is saying it's objectively good. There are more positions than "If you don't think this is objectively bad, then you're saying it's objectively good." There's a whole spectrum of emotions that one can feel and what most have been saying is that in the huge realm of what they could do for monetizaiton and acquiring cosmetics, this one is pretty ok. Likewise, my argument is not "these companies have to make money somehow," but rather "they are a business, so they're going to monetize somehow." There's a difference in the two statements that lies in the former suggesting that I don't fault them for trying to make money while the latter states that I'm not going to expect a business that exists to make money (as all businesses do) not to try their damndest to do so.

You're also making the statement that if you want something you *have* to buy it, which you don't. You only *have* to buy something if you absolutely can not abide waiting until you have enough crafting materials or it drops from a box. You continue getting boxes until you cap at level 100 and Respawn has already stated there will be a Battlepass, which while we don't know the specifics of, is highly likely to give out Apex boxes in it's "free" path. So nothing is forcing you to buy anything with real money.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wingman finally clicked for me too, landing shots left and right.
Not sure what is my 2nd best gun to combo with it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.