• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Somebody tell me what I'm supposed to be doing with Wraith's ult beyond just using it to scout ahead and make a taxi between two areas while my crew clean out bone town please I am wasting portals

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Somebody tell me what I'm supposed to be doing with Wraith's ult beyond just using it to scout ahead and make a taxi between two areas while my crew clean out bone town please I am wasting portals

- Evacuate your squad if you're pinned down or getting hit by airstrikes/artillery

- Aggressively push your whole squad into a fight or one or two members into a flanking position

- Save downed teammates in risky situations by having them portal out

- Bamboozle enemies by baiting them into an ambush/off a cliff

Obviously these tactics require a fair bit of teamwork, so your results may vary.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Airstrike escape is something I did not even think about. I assume she's running at the same speed as without any weapons when she's putting the portal up?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mfw Wraith is voiced by Patty Spivot from The Flash

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I know 90% of this thread is bitching about randoms breaking off

But if you're dropping dropship and we aren't in discord together im bailing hard

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Am i having bad luck or are the lootboxes skewed towards the heroes you use least. I keep getting Gibraltir/Caustic/Mirage stuff and i dont play as the former (hes cool im just not effective as him) and dont own the latter.

Oct 26, 2017
I booted up to play a single quick game with a friend while I waited for fiancé to finish working out. Got a win, and it made me feel so dirty. One squad and us remaining, and the circle wound up in the bunker/tunnel area. We were in the bunker, other team was outside. Circle too small for them to go around at all. And I was Caustic. I lust lined that door with my poison traps...They spent ages trying to get in, eating my poison again and again. Then I'd just throw another and shoot it to set it off. Then ulted. Then another Q....just kept them out there until the circle closed in and smothered them to death. I have to imagine it was the exact play Caustic would have loved.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone finds a solution to the new "getting randomly smashed back to desktop with no error message" crashes that have been happening on PC since this patch, please share!

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
game is an incredible BR but jesus fucking christ these crashes suck. Patch today has made them super frequent again. hard to stay positive about a game that kicks you out at random with no reconnect option

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
In my case I relinquish jump master the second it shows up on the screen. I know I suck and anyone else in the team will know better :)
PROTIP 1: If you let the timer run out when you have your turn to select your character, the jumpmaster passes to the next person (unless they did the same).

Airstrike escape is something I did not even think about. I assume she's running at the same speed as without any weapons when she's putting the portal up?
PROTIP 2: You can use your phase ability in the middle of portaling to get an extra speed boost.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Keep getting hit with the "Notification: Party Leader has Quit" bug. So sick of this shit, I don't know why's it is taking so long to fix or why in god's name they didn't implement reconnect feature at launch.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
2 v 1 and had the jump on last guy and crashes to desktop, done playing this game until they fix that shit

my squad won 3 tonight - i was only around for the end of one of those wins. the crashing is infuriating. no idea how this hasn't been fixed. even big streamers/content creators like jackfrags have brought up the crashing and no acknowledgement from respawn or EA that i can see

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
my squad won 3 tonight - i was only around for the end of one of those wins. the crashing is infuriating. no idea how this hasn't been fixed. even big streamers/content creators like jackfrags have brought up the crashing and no acknowledgement from respawn or EA that i can see
They've definitely acknowledged the crashes, they talk about reporting crashes in all of their communications so far.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Blehhhh had like 8 games in a row or something where my team just wanted to hot drop. Never went well at all.

I got tired of that and dropped far away from anyone at the artillary base. We got to loot in peace got all geared up and went on to win the match.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Always feels good to end with the final game on a win. Including a super sketchy hot drop.

My twitch loot could not have been a bigger pile of trash.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Lmao why wait in a building all set up until the end just to run out at the end of the game and get killed instantly

Why

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Got my first win today after about 100 games. I am the worst BR player ever. Had one kill and 2 revives.

Felt so good. First time in years I literally whooped and jumped up off the couch.

Dog freaked out like I was nuts.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Broke my record, 21 squad kills, we cleaned house. (PC solo queue)

oRF5jlZ.jpg

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You should break off into your own building....but not on the complete opposite side of the town. An adjacent building at least.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Whats the apex pack rate drop up there in the High 90s?

Im in the 60s and its like every 3 levels.
Ah I don't quite remember, might have been just been three: one at 90, one at 95, then of course the final one at 100. Although, that would be just the one I guess, but I could be wrong.
Nice, I'm still only like 30 something.
I wasn't expecting to play it so much, but it's also not as slow as something like Overwatch to level up, so it wasn't too bad.

Last edited:

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ah I don't quite remember, might have been just been three: one at 90, one at 95, then of course the final one at 100.
I wasn't expecting to play it so much, but it's also not as slow as something like Overwatch to level up, so it wasn't too bad.

Do you still level up or are you gated from getting the free currency and apex packs all together?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I want to travel back in time 10 years and make some seriously different life choices so that I have more Apex time.

just kidding family I love you

Status
Not open for further replies.