• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the longer it takes to implement a solo mode the quicker i'll fall off. having to play with such terrible players is awful

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to play on my Xbox One and I only get connection errors. I try three times and give up.

image0.jpg

It might be because the wi-fi here is kinda crap, but I am able to play other games on Xbox or Switch online. Anyone else has this problem?

Happened to me a few days ago. Try doing a hard reset, it worked for me.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
running into a couple of bugs tonight

got downed, popped the shield for a second, shield sound still going after letting off, got revived but couldnt move faster than the crawl speed. had to quit.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
No, not sure why that'd make it garbage.

Sure I'll explain my PoV:

1. While she is using the portal, she loses her weapons. Garbage.

2. You can only place the portal at places you've physically been. This means that in order to make it useful, you have to place the portal in hot areas where combat is happening. Why is this bad? See point 1. Garbage.

3. To elaborate even more on point 2... People say it is useful to extract downed team members. That's cute. So you make a portal in a safe space. Then you make another next to their body. Notice anything strange yet? I'll help you figure it out with a hint: the enemies saw the entire ordeal. They actually used your portal to now kill you AND your partner you just saved. Great. Garbage.

4. Her abilities don't even make sense for her character. She is shown to be super fast and ninja like, but in game, Bangalore actually has more ninja like abilities than she does. Bang has smoke to conceal her movement. Bang has increased running speed as a passive. This is actually hilarious. Bang is a better ninja than the ninja.

Also, mirage can ACTUALLY CLOAK AND USE SUBSTITUTION (decoys) FYI.

Edit: now that I think about it, almost every other hero can cast their ultimates and still fight at the same time. Guess who can't? That's right. Wraith. Garbage. (Edit: And yeah mirage too. His ult is also trashman material)

Edit2: I can keep going. Pathfinder's Zipline ultimate is actually a better portal than Wraith's portal. You can deploy it at a distance without FIRST putting yourself in harm's way, you can see where you'll end up at, you can change elevation with it, and you can fire while using it. Wraith's is garbage.

Last edited:

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Some general tips:

- Don't drop straight down. Fastest way is to drop down a little bit and pull up and keep doing it. You have glide meter on left side of screen.
- You can make someone else jumpmaster by pressing circle (PS4)
- Try to drop areas with high tier loot or with lots of people. That's how you learn to loot fast and shoot and just generally play. Don't avoid fights.
- Learn those high tier loot areas like Airbase, Thunderdome, Dropship, hot spot etc.
- Run to gun sounds and try to third party people. Again that's how you learn and also get better loot than just running around and looting stuff.
- Don't open fire right away. Make sure you can hit them and try to flank and suprise enemies.
- Robot spiders (drops loot) keep noices you hear clearly. Loot them.
- Good guns: R-301, R-99, Spitfire, Peacekeeper, Wingman and legendary weapons. Prowler is good with selective fire mod and Devotion with turbocharger.
- After firefight don't heal shields right away. Loot enemies shields from their boxes and you get full shields automatically. Save those batteries.
- Always ping enemies you see or good loot and where you wanna go.
- You can also ping items you need in your inventory. Like if you need light mag, go to inventory on your weapon and ping light mag spot.
- Try to get high ground and fight smart.
- Stop complaining about randoms. Yes there are bad players, assholes, new players etc. We already know all that. Join era Apex discord or give your live/ps/origin name here and try to get people play with you.
- Like in all competitive shooters, sounds play big part. Get headset and hear where enemies are. Seriously you will be amazed how well you can tell where people are and how many there are etc.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Like in all competitive shooters, sounds play big part. Get headset and hear where enemies are. Seriously you will be amazed how well you can tell where people are and how many there are etc.
This needs to be emphasized. So I had to quote it again. Your ears are just as important (if not more) than your eyes in this game. I have killed so many people I've heard sprinting first before I saw them. My teammates usually think I'm crazy when I all of a sudden stop moving to hear better. Then I quickly turn around and kill someone out of nowhere. I actually won a few games like that as the last man left using my ears.

I picked this up from SOCOM back in the days where sound was just as important.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't the tracker sometime doesn't detect hostiles? I was in a game today and I activated the ability, it said no hostiles detected and then immediately a dude jumped in front of me from a level underneath. There wasn't enough time for him to have been out of the tracking zone and come up to me.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
This needs to be emphasized. So I had to quote it again. Your ears are just as important (if not more) than your eyes in this game. I have killed so many people I've heard sprinting first before I saw them. My teammates usually think I'm crazy when I all of a sudden stop moving to hear better. Then I quickly turn around and kill someone out of nowhere. I actually won a few games like that as the last man left using my ears.

I picked this up from SOCOM back in the days where sound was just as important.

I do this literally in every game and I can also clearly see who doesn't have headset because they don't hear me. In competitive FPS games, sound is just as important as your eye sight.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Why doesn't the tracker sometime doesn't detect hostiles? I was in a game today and I activated the ability, it said no hostiles detected and then immediately a dude jumped in front of me from a level underneath. There wasn't enough time for him to have been out of the tracking zone and come up to me.

It was just distance, you are probably overestimating the range of the bloodhounds tracker.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
To the guys playing on PC:

Does your games sometimes freeze randomly as well? And how's your VRAM usage? I only have 3GBs of VRAM, but AMD's monitoring shows me sometimes using 3.6, which I believe might be the cause for that

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It was just distance, you are probably overestimating the range of the bloodhounds tracker.
No I'm telling you the dude was directly underneath me. It was one of those wooden houses with a bit of space available underneath. I used it and within a second I saw the guy jump up at melee range from me right as the message "no hostile detected" popped up.

Maybe a bug, I had another bug today that prevented me from going any faster than the crawl speed you have when you are down. Couldn't even walk at normal speed. It was like once I was revived my speed didn't get back to normal.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Had my best game yet, and third win. Was Lifeline.

Dropped, one team mate died and left. The other was downed. I was running around with a Hemlock and RE-45 (amazing gun btw). So picked off a few players, I think there were two other squads there. I managed to get my team mates banner, so ran to respawn and we ran back. Picked off a few more. This team mate stole like ALL the ammo around. I had basically 10 rounds in each gun...

Move into circle, I call in supply drop, nothing decent. Drop attracts attention so I bounce (have no ammo anyway). Team mate not listening to my need ammo pings. Circle getting smaller so we move, where I find alot of ammo and armour. I ping us to hide out in this room at the top. I can't think of the name, but its on the edge of the map with helipads.

Dudes wander in and we pick them off, team mate is playing as Mirage so people are falling for the decoys. Two squads left so team mate sees and rushes out - kills and we win. Felt so good considering I was running no ammo for so long. Constantly outumbered.

I recorded the last few minutes here. Game is so good.

mXGzygI.jpg

https://youtu.be/cHYhpLQt3HI

dissa9

Oct 27, 2017

2. You can only place the portal at places you've physically been. This means that in order to make it useful, you have to place the portal in hot areas where combat is happening. Why is this bad? See point 1. Garbage.

3. To elaborate even more on point 2... People say it is useful to extract downed team members. That's cute. So you make a portal in a safe space. Then you make another next to their body. Notice anything strange yet? I'll help you figure it out with a hint: the enemies saw the entire ordeal. They actually used your portal to now kill you AND your partner you just saved. Great. Garbage.

4. Her abilities don't even make sense for her character. She is shown to be super fast and ninja like, but in game, Bangalore actually has more ninja like abilities than she does. Bang has smoke to conceal her movement. Bang has increased running speed as a passive. This is actually hilarious. Bang is a better ninja than the ninja.

Edit: now that I think about it, almost every other hero can cast their ultimates and still fight at the same time. Guess who can't? That's right. Wraith. Garbage. (Edit: And yeah mirage too. His ult is also trashman material)

Edit2: I can keep going. Pathfinder's Zipline ultimate is actually a better portal than Wraith's portal. You can deploy it at a distance without FIRST putting yourself in harm's way, you can see where you'll end up at, you can change elevation with it, and you can fire while using it. Wraith's is garbage.

Wraiths passive and tactical ability have saved my skin on more times than I could possibly count. I agree her Ult is difficult to use effectively.

We don't all have the shooting skills of a gaming god so being able to survive near death situations and reposition yourself in a firefight can also turn the tide for your team.

I like using Bangalore but I'm not great with the smoke ability, it can hinder your team if placed poorly.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Had a great night of wins tonight. Think I won something like 5 out of 8 and my shots were on point. Really starting to get a hang of the more advanced movement techniques and strafing. Had some insane clips that I'll share tomorrow when I wake up but man I love this game! Some of the most satisfying gaming ive done in a while.

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
Some general tips:

- Don't drop straight down. Fastest way is to drop down a little bit and pull up and keep doing it. You have glide meter on left side of screen.
- Try to drop areas with high tier loot or with lots of people. That's how you learn to loot fast and shoot and just generally play. Don't avoid fights.
- Learn those high tier loot areas like Airbase, Thunderdome, Dropship, hot spot etc.
- Run to gun sounds and try to third party people. Again that's how you learn and also get better loot than just running around and looting stuff.
- Don't open fire right away. Make sure you can hit them and try to flank and suprise enemies.
- Good guns: R-301, R-99, Spitfire, Peacekeeper, Wingman and legendary weapons. Prowler is good with selective fire mod and Devotion with turbocharger.
- After firefight don't heal shields right away. Loot enemies shields from their boxes and you get full shields automatically. Save those batteries.
- You can also ping items you need in your inventory. Like if you need light mag, go to inventory on your weapon and ping light mag spot.
- Stop complaining about randoms. Yes there are bad players, assholes, new players etc. We already know all that. Join era Apex discord or give your live/ps/origin name here and try to get people play with you.
- Like in all competitive shooters, sounds play big part. Get headset and hear where enemies are. Seriously you will be amazed how well you can tell where people are and how many there are etc.

Great tips, not a single one I can disagree on. This post should be stickied in the OP

To the guys playing on PC:

Does your games sometimes freeze randomly as well? And how's your VRAM usage? I only have 3GBs of VRAM, but AMD's monitoring shows me sometimes using 3.6, which I believe might be the cause for that

Setting texture streaming to one or more settings below your card's VRAM can be helpful to avoid occasional stuttering if you haven't already tried, especially if you're running other programs.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
No I'm telling you the dude was directly underneath me. It was one of those wooden houses with a bit of space available underneath. I used it and within a second I saw the guy jump up at melee range from me right as the message "no hostile detected" popped up.

Maybe a bug, I had another bug today that prevented me from going any faster than the crawl speed you have when you are down. Couldn't even walk at normal speed. It was like once I was revived my speed didn't get back to normal.
I mean i can tell you from playing mostly bloodhound and caustic that there are plenty of times where i can actually hear enemies around me but the scanner shows nothing.

The range is simply short and people move fast so its entirely possible that they were 1 feet outside of the range of it and pushed once he saw the scan.

The slow speed bug is one ive encountered myself, had to back out of the game since it was annoying.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Setting texture streaming to one or more settings below your card's VRAM can be helpful to avoid occasional stuttering if you haven't already tried, especially if you're running other programs.
It's already on low (2-3 GBs), which is why I'm surprised. It also doesn't stutter during gameplay it just randomly freezes, which means I have to forcefully close the game.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
First win last night, credit to the teammates thou, they were pretty good, don't know how the matchmaking pair me with them, I'm terrible and underleveled.

bananabread

Oct 28, 2017
Starting to win roughly 30-40% of games when playing with my 2 shootiest buddies.

My tips if anyone is interested:

- 'Go HAM and hold hands' is a winning philosophy. Play aggro and zerg people. The team that commits harder often wins because of the high TTK.

- Never stay in a 50/50 attrition battle and trade shots at distance for more than 20-30secs. They cost loads of resources and the noise will attract other teams. Either disengage and find another angle or use your cooldowns to close the gap.

- Caustic traps are great at preventing 3rd parties from jumping you after a battle. We often run Caustic and find that the string of squads that comes after our noise becomes a loot delivery service because of the area control we have. Highly underrated character.

- As other people have said in this thread, be the 3rd party that mops up as often as possible. Free gear.

- Don't be afraid to drop hot. You get more gear faster by winning fights and the only way to learn to shoot is by shooting. This is the only stage of the game I've found the healbot on Lifeline to be frequently useful.

- The supply ship is only good for the hilarious chaos. If you're interested in winning games then the loot is rarely worth the amount of punching you'll need to do to get it.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Starting to win roughly 30-40% of games when playing with my 2 shootiest buddies.

- 'Go HAM and hold hands' is a winning philosophy. Play aggro and zerg people. The team that commits harder often wins because of the high TTK.

- Never stay in a 50/50 attrition battle and trade shots at distance for more than 20-30secs. They cost loads of resources and the noise will attract other teams. Either disengage and find another angle or use your cooldowns to close the gap.

- Caustic traps are great at preventing 3rd parties from jumping you after a battle. We often run Caustic and find that the string of squads that comes after our noise becomes a loot delivery service because of the area control we have. Highly underrated character.

- As other people have said in this thread, be the 3rd party that mops up as often as possible. Free gear.

- Don't be afraid to drop hot. You get more gear faster by winning fights and the only way to learn to shoot is by shooting. This is the only stage of the game I've found the healbot on Lifeline to be frequently useful.

- The supply ship is only good for the hilarious chaos. If you're interested in winning games then the loot is rarely worth the amount of punching you'll need to do to get it.

This is an excellent post and exactly how I like to play too :)

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Mirage too. Wraith's ult is overrated but Mirage's literally only gets him killed.

Wraith can atleast do a lot with hers, even if it's unwieldy to use at first. I don't know when you're really meant to use Mirage's, and the lack of using a gun is really annoying with his since he gets no other benefit.

She gets her ult pretty quickly so you can just use it to move around a lot, not necessarily to push up into fights. It's really versatile in ways no other ult is, even zipline.

Wraith gets a natural speedboost during her ult, which makes her good to scout. That doesn't mean to necessarily be using it while enemies are shooting at you, but going from an initial loot spot to another named area can be done with her faster than anyone else. You should almost always be putting your guns away in this game anyway, and she just essentially gets an extra boost from that same movement with her ult. This can be used to not fully commit to things that may be dangerous, like a care package dropping in a low ground area. Portal from high ground -> go low, loot the package. Anyone fires on you, portal back to high ground. Other team comps would get stuck in that fight, but you can flip back to a safe area and the enemies likely can't see where the other portal actually is which makes it risky as hell to go in since your whole team can be aiming at it. Zipline is way slower for a situation like this and leaves you open to being shot.

This makes her REALLY good for reviving teammates too. Land in a hot spot, a teammate fully died, but there's loot boxes everywhere. She can portal to a respawn beacon (her runspeed means she does this faster than anyone else already, and she returns to the loot area even faster), and the person coming back can pretty much instantly return to the loot zone as well. Also makes her good at staying in a storm to take a fight, since she can help the team get out of it with her runspeed.

But even in combat you can do a lot, it just depends a lot on the map scenario. I had a situation where the game was ending near Bunker, right outside the main door where there's some crates by a big wall. I was in a fight with a Caustic, and jumped up the wall, he stayed directly below me and threw traps around while we both healed. Weird standoff situation. Wraith portaled from the top, over to the left and went ground level to place it. Shot at him from the left side while he was center, he cracked my shield down and started to push as I healed, so I went into the portal that went back above where he originally was, and since he pushed on my new spot I was able to shoot him in the back of the head from highground. If he turned to shoot at me, I could reportal and be behind him again. No other ult can do something like that.

Apex lets you outplay your opponents with movement pretty hard, and her portal is basically just another tool to do that, but it has utility in pretty much all stages of the game. Zipline is really good too, but that is usually best shown with specifically getting up to higher ground, wraith is almost the opposite. But combined with other team comps you can work them into things a lot of ways, even in the scenario you mentioned with a downed teammate. Now imagine that downed teammate is a Gibraltar or something while you have wraith/bangalore left. Bangalore can shoot a smoke at the downed teammate, you can portal and phase to them and pretty much safely extract them since he's now in a clusterfuck nobody can see in.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Some general tips:

Great tips. But when you need ammo you don't have to highlight the ammo, just put the cursor on the gun and ping

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Wraiths ultimate is only good for one thing

Baiting

Put the opening somewhere obvious and the end portal at the edge of a waterfall or the map

Watch enemies zoom though it to their deaths

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I want too! ._.
How did you get 1200 crafting material? How many apex packs did you need to buy?
Its RNG sadly. Got in one of my free Apex packs by leveling 600 cratering material. The other 600 in one the packs I bought with the founder pack coins.

If you really like the the game, support game/dev and have the money buy the starter pack and founders pack. Total of 41 bucks. You get tons of great skins for weapons. Also 2600 Apex coins. So you can buy up to 26 Apex packs. I wouldn't recommend spending more money until the battle pass arrives.

Last edited:

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Some general tips:

Agreed with other points save this.

I'd actually say avoid jumping into where lots of players are cause at the end of the day or most of the times (when in a random squad) what decides the outcome of this is simply who gets a better gun first (Mozambique hello) or who's got a better shield and those are pretty much random and not skill related.

Meanwhile when you are geared and in a proper firefight against other squads these are times you actually put your skill into full use and when your experience actually comes into play skills that can can decide if you win or lose, do you flank? Do you push foward? Do you hunker down and defend? Did you hear the shield break before spamming nades to finish him off? That random guy is always rushing, should I go with him or flank while he draws attention?

So basically my opinion is land less crowded area if possible to get you and the random squad kitted up as soon as possible.
But if you're confident in a rush fire fight tho, I understand your logic

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017

I agree so much with you!!!

I want to move wraith I really do but shes just so ... Predictable?
Her phase skill is so annoying that it leaves a trace, like why? The distance is short so its almost never a quick getaway skill hell even Bangalore passive has been more useful to me than her phase skill, not counting Bangalore smoke that's so so very useful

You also lose sight of everyone during phase.
Can't even decide properly how to flank during it.

Bangalore speed is so amazing in the fact that if used well your opponents will barely have the time to aim properly before you find proper cover or escape, want to further confuse them? Pop a smoke. ... Compared to wraith ... I just don't see it

Last edited:

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

These are great and make me wish I had a "constant" team to get good with.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

I'd actually say avoid jumping into where lots of players are cause at the end of the day or most of the times (when in a random squad) what decides the outcome of this is simply who gets a better gun first (Mozambique hello) or who's got a better shield and those are pretty much random and not skill related.

Meanwhile when you are geared and in a proper firefight against other squads these are times you actually put your skill into full use and when your experience actually comes into play skills that can can decide if you win or lose, do you flank? Do you push foward? Do you hunker down and defend? Did you hear the shield break before spamming nades to finish him off? That random guy is always rushing, should I go with him or flank while he draws attention?

So basically my opinion is land less crowded area if possible to get you and the random squad kitted up as soon as possible.
But if you're confident in a rush fire fight tho, I understand your logic

Well that's a one way to do it too. But just go to those fights and don't avoid those areas all the time. Be brave!

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017

It's not about the other players; it's about the loot. My friends and I drop the blue zone whenever it's not a huge hassle because that's where the loot is. You either win a fight and walk away with great loot (and often a gold weapon), or you die quickly and try again. This is far, far superior, to our minds, than scavenging in the middle of the map for 20 minutes and then getting rolled by the squads that already have the good stuff and have their adrenaline pumping.

Also, the only way to get better at hot dropping and rush firefights is to be in a lot of them.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That isn't a very nice thing to do hombre: why you do that?

You mean post res fail, or before your team has a chance to beacon you?

....or do you mean because of scrub like teammates, so you ragequit leaving them as a duo to be obliterated?

All not so great options tbh lol.
Because I don't have the patience to deal with a lot of the shitty teammates.

If I die in a battle and you loot me, I quit.
If I die in a battle and you loot every single box before you spawn me and the beacon is near by, I quit.
Yesterday I had no health and requested health. I watched my teammate pick up a medkit and run off. I requested again and he didn't drop so I quit

Tbh, numerous instances like the third one will cause me to quit.

I honestly don't care if it's a nice thing to do. It's a video game and I'll quit if I want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.