• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
After fighting to get this game running for a huge part of my day, tonight I finally got my first win and my first moment as kill leader.

Also had a guy beg me not to pick Lifeline, I tried to back out but ran out of time, so he picked Gibraltar, presumably his second choice, with whom the tracker said he had 3 games. Proceeds to immediately drop from the match. Like, cmon dude, you're level 20, you have had plenty of time to learn a second character.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
After fighting to get this game running for a huge part of my day, tonight I finally got my first win and my first moment as kill leader.

Also had a guy beg me not to pick Lifeline, I tried to back out but ran out of time, so he picked Gibraltar, presumably his second choice, with whom the tracker said he had 3 games. Proceeds to immediately drop from the match. Like, cmon dude, you're level 20, you have had plenty of time to learn a second character.
grats

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
UqC0kIy.jpg

This is hilarious

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think i just had my first crash :\ 3 squads left and i felt really good about the randoms I was with

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my word looking at Respawn interacting with their players makes me want to cry after what I being furstrated with Valve.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf these glitches are fucking bad just got party leader quit notification with 3 squads left and we were kicking ass

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy for Respawn that this game is doing so well for them. I loved Titanfall 2 and was disappointed that it didn't do better than it did.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I would love it if they would lower the drop rate of the Mozambique. There is nothing good about that weapon and I see it constantly.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
People are either getting better or I'm getting worse. Games have been super rough on PC.

Also, I crashed twice today and I haven't crashed in 2-3 days which sucks.

What does "ttv" stand for? Being seeing a lot of those name tags too.
It means "Twitch TV" to indicate they're streamers.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Shroud said that spray patterns were random until he told them to make it predictable.

pro-players may not be good game designers but that doesn't mean Respawn isn't taking their feedback very seriously

Any changes respawn make would likely be the attribution of mixed methods research, qualitative feedback forums, surveys and interviews from a tonne of players (not just one) as well as quantiative data taken from player ratings, and player analytics. Combined with, the game designers expert knowledge of gameplay balancing.

Attributing critical design decisions to the feedback of a single player just seems like nonsense to me.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Won 8 of 12 and then joined with my friends and won like 1 of 15. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to go to that after winning nearly every game with randoms.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What the hell. I think you guys should be streaming or something, and entering tournaments etc. I'd love to see some of the footage and learn from you guys.

What are your primary load outs and classes?

If you play with an above average team and run a lower-risk strategy (don't drop next to other players) you can win successively without being some kind of god. I was able to win 6 times in a row today just with randoms I've never played with before.

People don't really understand the game right now. I feel like every time it gets down to 4 or 3 teams left, you can win just by pushing through when the other two teams start a fight.

Also, because solos are forced to play trios, most lobbies are filled with teams that don't work together at all. Trios will be a llot more challenging if they add solos/duos, as the players remaining in the 3 player playlist will actually be team focused.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Me and my friends choked in the most dumb ways like 4 times tonight vs the last squad, feels bad man. Fun matches always tho.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I got my hands on that 50 cal. rifle (don't know the name). I asked the squad if it was any good... nobody had a clue. Get down to the last squad and down two with one shot each.

Are there other super rare weapons like this? First time I've seen anything like it.

funo

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, makes sense.

Anyone know what highlights enemies with a red shade/outline? Saw this from a teammate's cam. Is this from a legendary item? They weren't bloodhound ( i was ) and it was on and off, inconsistently.

It's called the 'Digital Threat" - a yellow scope that Highlights enemies even through smoke

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they really need a reconnect option

game just crashed on me, it's either that or dcing and it suuucks that I can't get back in

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you play with an above average team and run a lower-risk strategy (don't drop next to other players) you can win successively without being some kind of god. I was able to win 6 times in a row today just with randoms I've never played with before.

People don't really understand the game right now. I feel like every time it gets down to 4 or 3 teams left, you can win just by pushing through when the other two teams start a fight.

Yup. If you're not shroud, the name of the game is "Try to be the third party instead of getting third partied."

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Wow. I got my hands on that 50 cal. rifle (don't know the name). I asked the squad if it was any good... nobody had a clue. Get down to the last squad and down two with one shot each.

Are there other super rare weapons like this? First time I've seen anything like it.
That's the Kraber. The other rare gun you can get in the those packages that come from the sky is the Mastiff which is a really powerful shotgun.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I call this "Crowd Control"

Is my mic that quiet? I gotta fix that shit,.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just got the win off of the back of a kill hungry group. It was down to the last 2 teams and they spotted us from an elevated position and they were in the next circle so we had to figure a way of running at them as none of us had anything decent for long range. They ran at us and chased us through some buildings. Unfortunately for them they didn't know I was packing a mastiff and when they got in the same room as me I erased all 3 of them.

If only they knew that all I had was a shotgun and a wingman,they could have easily have defeated me.

I call this "Crowd Control"

Is my mic that quiet? I gotta fix that shit,.

I've been duped many times before. It's hard to distinguish your team mates footsteps from those of your enemy.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
My last two games my character got stuck in molasses or some shit. I could barely move. And my damn "teammates" were cursing at me for throwing the game... :(

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if it is just me, but I feel like winning or coming in the top 5 is very easy. It's either I'm very good, or I am just not fighting too much since I don't have the highest kill counts. Either way, I've been winning games with cut-throat end games with no one with health left on the other team or complete domination with my squad.

Worth mentioning, I went to play pubg and I found it borderline unplayable on Xbox One. The controls are absolutely horrendous, not to mention the movement and gameplay compared to Apex. I know that they cater to two crowds, but pubg has absolutely no excuse to still play the way it does. It's like they want the world of realism mixed with 'fun and arcade' with their tacked on gamemodes and shitty skins.

I think what will finally put the nail in the coffin of pubg is if a well versed military shooter developer makes a BR that takes te realism to the next level. People playing that game like the realism, and I'm sure they'd love to go somewhere else if there is a better experience elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.