• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
You can speed up the shot of the Peacekeeper just by switching weapons between each shot, will probably be fixed next patch. Pretty much Fortnite double pump without even needing to have two shotguns.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I believe at least Krafty and tripleWRECK were avoiding it because they were under the impression it lowers damage. One of them even had auto-bot responder message for people asking if they noticed they were skipping chokes. Sounds like they were under the incorrect understanding of the mechanics.
dunno who either of those guys are but hope they find the truth! choke can be awkward in some situations but it's absolutely great

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So we spent 15 minutes gearing up, made it to the final two squads after not seeing anyone the entire match, then all died after dealing a grand total of 45 squad damage.

Lol

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Dizzy is a GOD at this game. Jesus.

So we spent 15 minutes gearing up, made it to the final two squads after not seeing anyone the entire match, then all died after dealing a grand total of 45 squad damage.

Lol
I tend to think getting to the end without kills tends to be bad for you as it means 17-22 minutes of NOT shooting your gun. Of being cold. Of not having shot at anyone and dealt with the bullet drop and aiming. I think it tends to put you in a bad position to clutch out a win compared to teams that have several kills under their belts. Sometimes it can't be avoided, though.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really like yanking the plug on my PS4 but this game gave me a hard lockup. Power button, etc did nothing. Is there any other workaround when this happens?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've actually had more successful games with randoms, not sure why. Maybe it's a particularly good player carrying the team but I half think it's because too much chatter becomes confusing (for me, at least) , whereas just using the ping to communicate is clean and unfussy.

For me it's mostly because my group of friends isn't really that serious. Also a lot of the time with more than 3 people in the party it's really chatty. I am hearing more and more people on mic lately. It's really common in Blackout and to be honest 70% of the time it's a good experience. People are just way too sensitive about getting a kid in the squad. If there's a 12 year old I just try and be mature and helpful and most of the time it's a positive experience. They can't help being 12.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Dizzy is a GOD at this game. Jesus.

I tend to think getting to the end without kills tends to be bad for you as it means 17-22 minutes of NOT shooting your gun. Of being cold. Of not having shot at anyone and dealt with the bullet drop and aiming. I think it tends to put you in a bad position to clutch out a win compared to teams that have several kills under their belts. Sometimes it can't be avoided, though.
Yeah I was cold as shit, like literally cold. We tried to engage once about 5 minutes in but they boogied and we just spent the rest of the game wandering through the circles not seeing anyone. Even got a gold mastiff from a care package. Didn't make a difference in the end though lol

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I don't really like yanking the plug on my PS4 but this game gave me a hard lockup. Power button, etc did nothing. Is there any other workaround when this happens?
Have you made sure it's actually locking up? I've had this once, but I waited a minute or so and it went to the error screen then back to the PS4 dash, then I could launch it up again.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
101 crits from Wingman.

Remember when people were like, "dis gun is trash" in here? xD

Yeah I was cold as shit, like literally cold. We tried to engage once about 5 minutes in but they boogied and we just spent the rest of the game wandering through the circles not seeing anyone. Even got a gold mastiff from a care package. Didn't make a difference in the end though lol
yea, been there done that. being cold while others are hot and in a rhythm makes it really hard to clutch out a win. I don't think the odds are on your side in those scenarios.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
101 crits from Wingman.

Remember when people were like, "dis gun is trash" in here? xD

yea, been there done that. being cold while others are hot and in a rhythm makes it really hard to clutch out a win. I don't think the odds are on your side in those scenarios.
Wat, never heard people trash the gun. Pretty obvious it was high tier from day 1

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Have you made sure it's actually locking up? I've had this once, but I waited a minute or so and it went to the error screen then back to the PS4 dash, then I could launch it up again.

Yup. Same here. It will eventually go back to the error screen ive found, even tho for a minute it looks like a hard lock. Its the PS4 praying and hoping the game will kick in again with you!

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a side note, I had a hilarious experience earlier. One game was so laggy, the entire thing was in slow motion, from start to finish. At first I assumed what I was seeing wasn't true, as my squad mates were also complaining about lag, but I soon found out it was all actually taking place, only at a hugely reduced pace. In any case, the entire game played out in slow motion lol. I just equipped sniper type weapons with huge headshot damage and went ham. It was like Max Payne bullet time for an entire round. Managed to get in so many headshots. But at the same time traversing the map and looting was also funny but frustrating because of it all also being in slow motion lol.
I hadn't a half round like that today. Was wondering why my character was running so slow.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need a killcam. I just died in extremily suspect circumstances. Guy knew exactly where I was and none of his team were using bloodhound. He tried shooting me through a wall at first and then he ran into the room and started firing before he came around the corner.

On the Xbox I saw a Gibraltar's ass clipping through the wall once and did the same thing. I don't know if you were against a wall or not though.

MikeKlump

Oct 30, 2017
California
Has EA said anything about their pricing construct of only being able to buy 1000 coins when cosmetics are priced at 1100?

Clearly very predatory and just... bad.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I always see Bangalore in those teams. Is she that much better than the others ?
Yes

She can smoke out of trouble, create cover for discreet revives, and use threat detector to see opponents through smoke

Then her passive gives her a speed boost that is a very good advantage in battles and feels a bit obnoxious.

Her ult isnt great, but definitely good at clearing enemies and sending them scrambling. You can get kills with it too, so in chaotic situations, its very good

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
lol won two games in a row where the latest one was me being AFK for part of the match as nature called. Just sat in the corner of a house while my friend defended me in case anyone came, then came back to win.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile

Jim new impression of the game. He loves it, if it wasn't for lootbox bs he would consider it an immediate GOTY candidate, but depending on how the game develops he might even put it on the GOTYs.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, the loot box stuff (both good and bad) feels pretty removed from the wildly fun heart of this game for me

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, I finally pulled off a team wipe with my fists (the Alternator sucks so much ass). The final guy wasted 2 mags trying to hit me and in the end was just running away, as I was trying to dropkick him.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Duos can't get here soon enough. When I only have 1 friend on, the random third guy we get is almost never a decent teammate.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Kind of embarrassing story but may help some other people feel better about themselves. Last night in a match with my son we were in the final circle us 2(rando disco) against 3. He downs 2 of them but goes down also and so I charged in to clean up with my mastiff, he was rezzing his teammate so I went up and shot him 3 times point blank with mastiff only to have him turn around and destroy me losing the match. Needless to say I had my 301 out not the mastiff and I had no clue till my son started laughing at me calling me a noob lol. Oops.

Not all was lost though as we won 3 or 4 that night. He carried me probably 40+ kills to my 10 but oh well ;)

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to drop quite early in comparison to other squads. Found two Peacekeepers, chucked one in a corner and sat facing it with my own. People kept streaming in the door, trying to pick it up, and I'd wipe them out in one shot. Got 4 kills like this before a squad with their own guns came in.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Feel like everyone is getting better at this game while I just suck. Maybe I would be better at it on console lol

We're at the exact point where the curve has changed. It's not a brand new game anymore. People who have been playing non-stop are super good at it and then all the tryhards from other franchises have migrated in as well so it's gotten tougher. I'm having a harder time too and I'm console.

Status
Not open for further replies.