• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I imagine part of it is to get people to buy the battle pass.
Yeah, good point. The Fortnite prices became a lot more reasonable/understandable after the Battle Pass. If you can get the Coins in Apex's one I probably wouldn't care anymore. If not I probably won't put anything into this game despite really liking it.

I'm expecting it'll be Lootboxes, instead of Coins though.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
A day or two ago I was reading claims that mentioned that Pathfinder has a larger hit box than all other characters but the folks could not detail how they make that claim. No testing or data was available.

If there is evidence, where?

I doubt Respawn would make such a design decision unless unintentional. All characters presumably have equal base properties such as movement speed, jump height, and yes, I would like to image their hitbox.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Haha. Was just in a game where I revived both my team mates 3 times each and recovered both their banners.

The first time I went down they left me to rot and ran past my corpse without picking up my banner.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
6 wins so far today (inc 2 in a row). When you have a good squad it's insane how much of a difference it can make. Last few games one squad mate was almost doing 1000-1500 damage per game. I don't even know how that's possible lol.

Last edited:

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
6 wins so far today (inc 2 in a row). When you have a good squad it's insane how much of a difference it can make. Last few games one squad mate was almost doing 1000-1500 damage per game. I don't even know how that's possible lol.

I had a match last night, me and a friend killed 9 players (a random third left at the start), did 1200 damage each, placed 2nd because we couldn't down the third member of the last squad but it was by far our best performance. We're super bad (more like below average) so doing 1000 to 1500 shouldn't be that much difficult if you're above average lol.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had a match last night, me and a friend killed 9 players (a random third left at the start), did 1200 damage each, placed 2nd because we couldn't down the third member of the last squad but it was by far our best performance. We're super bad (more like below average) so doing 1000 to 1500 shouldn't be that much difficult if you're above average lol.

Yea, but each and every game? The consistency is what I couldn't comprehend. You know how when most randoms run ahead and you're thinking please stop and they die a few minutes later because they can't possibly take on an entire squad in their own? Well it felt like this guy almost could lol. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised as I used to play Destiny 1/2 with him and he'd be one of those who'd go flawless in trials over and over again.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Back to back wins this morning, then three 2nd places, and finally another win. Good day.

Peacekeeper still reigns supreme. The Wingman is also awesome.

Last edited:

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On a side note, I had a hilarious experience earlier. One game was so laggy, the entire thing was in slow motion, from start to finish. At first I assumed what I was seeing wasn't true, as my squad mates were also complaining about lag, but I soon found out it was all actually taking place, only at a hugely reduced pace. In any case, the entire game played out in slow motion lol. I just equipped sniper type weapons with huge headshot damage and went ham. It was like Max Payne bullet time for an entire round. Managed to get in so many headshots. But at the same time traversing the map and looting was also funny but frustrating because of it all also being in slow motion lol.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Should I buy the founders pack?

I keep staring at it but I said I was going to wait until the battle pass. But I assume the battle pass will work like Fortnite and you'll be able to get it with the Apex coins and I'll have some plus some skins.

urghghggh

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Had a funny moment yesterday with two people. They were in a small room (one of those little closet rooms with loot and one door) charging their Peacemakers, and were just waiting for people to walk in, I could hear them charging their Peacemakers though and I had the Mastiff so that didn't work out too well for them.

Felt kinda bad for them.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I need a killcam. I just died in extremily suspect circumstances. Guy knew exactly where I was and none of his team were using bloodhound. He tried shooting me through a wall at first and then he ran into the room and started firing before he came around the corner.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need a killcam. I just died in extremily suspect circumstances. Guy knew exactly where I was and none of his team were using bloodhound. He tried shooting me through a wall at first and then he ran into the room and started firing before he came around the corner.
Did he hear your footsteps?

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Should I buy the founders pack?

I keep staring at it but I said I was going to wait until the battle pass. But I assume the battle pass will work like Fortnite and you'll be able to get it with the Apex coins and I'll have some plus some skins.

urghghggh

That's where I'm at too. The skins aren't super great but it's a decent way to support the game aside from buying coins. If it feeds into the battlepass too then all the better.

Problem is I already have a wraith skin I like more, but it has a good Bloodhound one.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Had a funny moment yesterday with two people. They were in a small room (one of those little closet rooms with loot and one door) charging their Peacemakers, and were just waiting for people to walk in, I could hear them charging their Peacemakers though and I had the Mastiff so that didn't work out too well for them.

Felt kinda bad for them.

Wait, what? You can charge the peacemakers? How? Is that why they've never seemed as good to me as everyone else seems to think?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Wait, what? You can charge the peacemakers? How? Is that why they've never seemed as good to me as everyone else seems to think?
most people skip the choke on the Peacekeeper. I assume it does less damage than it would without the choke unless you charge it up...and ain't nobody got time to ADS long enough to charge up any weapon ever.

But I don't know the specifics for sure; it's only conjecture. I just know that streamers do not pick up the choke on that weapon because it lowers the damage.

Oct 25, 2017
NC
Had an amazing game earlier with a pathfinder who channeled their inner T-800 while I was a Lifeline trying to figure who this was and how I was this lucky to get a squadmates like them. Especially when it was only us two as well. By the end of the game, the T-800 pathfinder had 14 kills and I had four.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I can just imagine how excited they were thinking that they were gonna get some kills with that tactic. Then the sudden disappointment.
Like others said, it's an attachment called the Precision Choke that you can get for it. They aren't too rare, you're sure to come across one of you keep an eye out.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
most people skip the choke on the Peacekeeper. I assume it does less damage than it would without the choke unless you charge it up...and ain't nobody got time to ADS long enough to charge up any weapon ever.

But I don't know the specifics for sure; it's only conjecture. I just know that streamers do not pick up the choke on that weapon because it lowers the damage.
I don't think it affects damage? Just let's you tighten the spread by charging. Unless I'm completely mistaken.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Played for the first time because my brother made me. Fun with friends. I'm not sure if I can endure randos, though. First time I tried playing on my own I matched with a child.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it affects damage? Just let's you tighten the spread by charging. Unless I'm completely mistaken.
That's correct. It increases effective range if you charge it. does not raise or lower damage. would be interested to hear which pros aren't taking it, it's incredible. you can hit someone for 110 from an enormous distance, it's nuts. zero downside

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
That's correct. It increases effective range if you charge it. does not raise or lower damage. would be interested to hear which pros aren't taking it, it's incredible. you can hit someone for 110 from an enormous distance, it's nuts. zero downside
I believe at least Krafty and tripleWRECK were avoiding it because they were under the impression it lowers damage. One of them even had auto-bot responder message for people asking if they noticed they were skipping chokes. Sounds like they were under the incorrect understanding of the mechanics.

Dec 4, 2017
London
There are actually times when I'd rather play with randos. I also leave my mic on.

I've actually had more successful games with randoms, not sure why. Maybe it's a particularly good player carrying the team but I half think it's because too much chatter becomes confusing (for me, at least) , whereas just using the ping to communicate is clean and unfussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.