• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Is there a way to turn off voice chat on ps4? I feel like I only match with dudes who are blasting post malone and eating loud chips on their open mics

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
with a few upgrades it really becomes a lethal weapon on close range man. don't sleep on it.
See below
Yea but if I'm going to be fighting up close there are better guns. I would much rather have a shotgun or the R-99 or Wingman.
This is all that needs to be said. It might become decent at close range, but decent doesn't cut it when there are guns that EXCEL at close range (and many of which aren't exclusively close range guns like the prowler).

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Yup I agree. I like the gun but won't pick it over many other guns unless I have the mod

That's my point. If you drop into a hot zone and grab one you could do a lot worse--Moz, P2020, RE-45. I've taken out full squads with a burst fire Prowler. A burst to the upper body/chest is good for 100 or so damage pretty quickly.

Now people are straight up trolling

I wouldn't take it over about half the guns. But if my options are a burst fire Prowler or a Moz, I'm taking the Prowler 100% of the time. Obviously if I had my pick of several guns I wouldn't take it over a lot of others, but it does it's job as long as you have decent aim. I imagine on console the thing is worthless without selectfire.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
See below

This is all that needs to be said. It might become decent at close range, but decent doesn't cut it when there are guns that EXCEL at close range (and many of which aren't exclusively close range guns like the prowler).
I find that the Prowler is exceptionally lethal at mid to close range and superior to the 99 in the same situations.

The issue with the Prowler isn't its killing potential; it's its requirement of having a select fire hop-up to get to its full potential. Ain't nobody got time to carry around a weapon HOPING to find a hop-up, or visa versa when you can just pick up an 99 and be more than good enough. As such, people ignore the weapon entirely. But it's not because it's a bad weapon and you're fooling yourself to suggest otherwise.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Played my best game this morning.

sanstitref2kct.png

<3<3<3<3 this game.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Won a game. By getting the last kill. On PC. With a controller.

TIME TO RETIRE.

I was the Apexist of Legends.

I played with a guy who used a controller yesterday, dude got 8 kills to my 2. I'm much better at some PC shooters with my Elite controller (Destiny 2, Titanfall 2, DOOM) so I tried it when I started this game, but immediately dropped it since there is 0 aim assist. Figured that would make it useless at range. Maybe it's time to try again...

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Shroud and other influences they brought absolutely hold more weight. And they should, theyre playing the game more optimally than other users are so they know what theyre talking about as opposed to just asking for nerfs to characters or any weapon they keep getting killed with.
Not necessarily. You often see amazing players playing very dumbly or inefficiently because they're so good at gunplay that other aspects barely matter.

And skill level matters immensely for which guns are best for whom. Sure Peacekeeper probably has lower theoretical TTK than Prowler, but it's not going to outperform it in my hands until I can land shots far more accurately and reliably.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
Finally, FINALLY got a win. Had two random that knew what they were doing and our teamwork -even without mics- was on point.

Oh and everyone can keep walking past the Longbow. It's my bread and butter, I like playing it more like a DMR than a sniper rifle, and find it best to use mostly AR scopes instead of the 6x purple ones.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly after all this time playing each character, it really feels like something is lost by not everyone getting to experience Pathfinder's grapple. Like I'd be totally okay with every character getting a grapple, the verticality of gameplay feels like it makes every other character cheaper somehow if you don't have it. I get that is the whole point of Pathfinder, but man it's simply too big of a gameplay feature that makes the maps so much more engaging, it feels like I might as well be walking without a grapple feature.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played with a guy who used a controller yesterday, dude got 8 kills to my 2. I'm much better at some PC shooters with my Elite controller (Destiny 2, Titanfall 2, DOOM) so I tried it when I started this game, but immediately dropped it since there is 0 aim assist. Figured that would make it useless at range. Maybe it's time to try again...
In don't think there's aim assist on PS4 where I mostly play so I don't really notice a difference.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly after all this time playing each character, it really feels like something is lost by not everyone getting to experience Pathfinder's grapple. Like I'd be totally okay with every character getting a grapple, the verticality of gameplay feels like it makes every other character cheaper somehow if you don't have it. I get that is the whole point of Pathfinder, but man it's simply too big of a gameplay feature that makes the maps so much more engaging, it feels like I might as well be walking without a grapple feature.

I'm destroying with pathfinder. I slept on him at first, but his grapple is game changing once you learn it. I'm finding he's a better offensive character than the attack type legends.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm destroying with pathfinder. I slept on him at first, but his grapple is game changing once you learn it. I'm finding he's a better offensive character than the attack type legends.
Play with him long enough and it starts to baffle me as to why they didn't just make the grapple a core gameplay mechanic. It absolutely transforms the maps in a way no other character can touch. I too dismissed it as a 'point at something and go straight to it' kind of mechanic, but once you test it out, the sheer versatility of the grapple is fucking insane.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Clips are what civvies put in their hair, this is called a magazine.

clips are for real rifles. magazines are for plastic toys.
Play with him long enough and it starts to baffle me as to why they didn't just make the grapple a core gameplay mechanic. It absolutely transforms the maps in a way no other character can touch. I too dismissed it as a 'point at something and go straight to it' kind of mechanic, but once you test it out, the sheer versatility of the grapple is fucking insane.

I wish they would lower the cooldown. I want to feel like spider-bot.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
clips are for real rifles. magazines are for plastic toys.

I wish they would lower the cooldown. I want to feel like spider-bot.
Like you can do absolutely wacky things with it after a fashion. I've gotten punched off the cargo ship, grappled, did a full loop and landed behind the enemy to punch him off. Like if you know how to not break the grapple it's fucking ridiculous.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the game matches me with just one more player and he gets whatever this new bug that slows some players down to a crawl is...

Has anyone else encountered the bug where after being revived you are stuck at the downed walking speed?

Haha, this is what I'm talking about.

I did over 2k damage and got 10 kills but lost to the last squad of two players in the last tiny circle. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.