• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's good and yes it can get you killed but it makes for some crazy intense battles and can also work out in your favor. You can be pinned down only for that team to get jumped so you can escape. Goes both ways.

I like the hectic action and the ability to respawn makes it less annoying since your team isn't always finished off.

The map design not the size is what helps create this action with the choke points and layout.

Pathfinder is a really fun pick for anyone wanting to mix up their regular picks. Dude can cover ground and close down on a damaged team in no time. He's also pretty funny to listen to. His ult charges really quick and good to change positions in battles. Especially if you worries about multiple teams in battle
true, map design really is underappreciated.

Like, every area feels like a mini-arena which helps the movement and battles feel fun. I cant wait for more maps, I wonder if they intend to ever up the player count. I assume the game would either be super hectic or teams would just thin out earlier

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got my first gold carbine today. The scope ruins the gun. I would so much rather just have a standard red dot than one of the terrible zoomed in scopes the game has.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No clue what is different but the game is now crashing for me.
Yesterday, fine.
Today, it just crashes to desktop and I dont even get an error message.
Was there a patch?
I changed nothing.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I got my first gold carbine today. The scope ruins the gun. I would so much rather just have a standard red dot than one of the terrible zoomed in scopes the game has.
I actually think that thing tears with the 2x/4x. The problem is that when you're not zoomed in, the sight is heinously large.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Like, every area feels like a mini-arena which helps the movement and battles feel fun. I cant wait for more maps, I wonder if they intend to ever up the player count. I assume the game would either be super hectic or teams would just thin out earlier
VZ said that different maps could have different player counts.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
The ping system is great but its not a replacement for a mic. Your pings dont tell your team the enemies shields are popped and to push them. Teams working together in voice chat have a massive advantage.

I dont think the ping system is intended as a replacement for game chat but more as a supplement to callouts.

I generally don't play with a mic, and have won several games. There is some communication lost, but honestly - not _that_ much. Pushing is about the only thing I can come up with that requires the immediate notification that isn't able to be clearly communicated via ping.

That being said, I also know that - and so if I _am_ playing with someone who is on mic I defer to them and will use the text chat for the odd thing I can't ping about.

It's a disadvantage, but so minimal to how the game is currently played that I don't feel bad about it. I'd say the larger problem is people not playing _smart_ versus people not playing with mics.

You're in the wrong game then.

Which is why Respawn spent all this time developing the ping system, and has even said they tested it internally for a month with no voice coms? How is that playing the game wrong?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
got to the last last 2 teams and our guy just gets disconnected by the game and this isn't the first time its happened. This is surely a known bug?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

I think four is a definite on another map and with a big enough map five could be cool with the various legend combos once more get released. I just wonder if anything over four would have to alter the respawn system. A team of five may be harder to eliminate a full team so maybe only allow five total respawns, otherwise full teams would keep popping up but I guess they would still be at a disadvantage with loot. Would be great to see the decisions if you had to pick who gets the final respawn from a couple of downed members.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I generally don't play with a mic, and have won several games. There is some communication lost, but honestly - not _that_ much. Pushing is about the only thing I can come up with that requires the immediate notification that isn't able to be clearly communicated via ping.

That being said, I also know that - and so if I _am_ playing with someone who is on mic I defer to them and will use the text chat for the odd thing I can't ping about.

It's a disadvantage, but so minimal to how the game is currently played that I don't feel bad about it. I'd say the larger problem is people not playing _smart_ versus people not playing with mics.

Which is why Respawn spent all this time developing the ping system, and has even said they tested it internally for a month with no voice coms? How is that playing the game wrong?

Because it's a team based game and it only truly thrives when people communicate. The ping system wasn't designed so you don't have to deal with being social. It was designed to help mitigate the non-mic people and help them along. In short, nothing replaces actual voice comms. They will usually (note: high percentage) win over non mic people.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had a good match with randoms. Sticking together , healing each other. Placed #2. We may have won , if I didn't panic and used my bloodhound power but I screwed up lol

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Apparently I should play one match a night as I got in a winning squad first match tonight after doing the same last night. Pretty much got carried this time as the other two were so good I had few chances for kills. Didn't go down any and did some healing so I wasn't a hindrance at least.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
What's so funny? I know it's very good. When did I say it wasn't good? I said it doesn't replace voice communication.

I apologize. I was on my iphone responding on that and didn't realize it was so harsh.

My point is - The ping system is VERY good for people who are in a match with randoms and no microphones. I don't think there's much more Respawn or any other developer could do to make it "X percentage" better here.

Real, actual voice comms are still the best situation overall in any team based game, even if Respawn made huge strides in making it easier for non-mic people to communicate in game. That was was my overall point.

They nailed the ping system. Voice comms will still be the best option regardless.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's a team based game and it only truly thrives when people communicate. The ping system wasn't designed so you don't have to deal with being social. It was designed to help mitigate the non-mic people and help them along. In short, nothing replaces actual voice comms. They will usually (note: high percentage) win over non mic people.

It's not about being social or anti-social for me, and it's a little insulting to pitch it as that honestly. If I value letting my wife sleep soundly versus yelling into a mic so I can have some kind of superior team based experience playing a game, sorry bud - I'm going to let my wife sleep. Not everyone is some guy in their 20s alone in their apartment.

Again, this scenario is literally why the Ping system was developed.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...pex_Legends_smart_comms_system_just_right.php

Yes, voice comms have an advantage, but you are making it sound like it's the only viable way to play and simply isn't.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
This was my best use of the Decoy yet. I sent it over to the box to make it look like I was looting the guy I just thirsted and he fell for it.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's not about being social or anti-social for me, and it's a little insulting to pitch it as that honestly. If I value letting my wife sleep soundly versus yelling into a mic so I can have some kind of superior team based experience playing a game, sorry bud - I'm going to let my wife sleep. Not everyone is some guy in their 20s alone in their apartment.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...pex_Legends_smart_comms_system_just_right.php

Yes, voice comms have an advantage, but you are making it sound like it's the only viable way to play and simply isn't.

I'm in the same boat. I can't yell over a mic when I'm playing at home because my wife is sleeping about 14 feet from our TV. My point is that the ping system is mitigating those who don't wear a mic for a bunch of reasons that I personally don't know or care much about BUT mic's will always be the best way to play these games. I'm very happy with the ping system here and there's nothing more I can see Respawn doing to help this. But it will never replace real life comms. That's my take on it. Nothing insulting about that.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Man playing with randoms in this game is somehow worse despite the ping system. I tried it for the first time tonight, and I was lucky if my teammates weren't AFK. All 20 randoms had zero kills. A little less than half were either AFK or just abandoned the team immediately.

Oct 25, 2017
Man playing with randoms in this game is somehow worse despite the ping system. I tried it for the first time tonight, and I was lucky if my teammates weren't AFK. All 20 randoms had zero kills. A little less than half were either AFK or just abandoned the team immediately.
I have level 18+ randos that still refuse to ping anything. It's so frustrating

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
It really sucks there is still no update on the legend glitch on Xbox. Still haven't can't play the characters after spending money on them.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017

There's also a chance their games are crashing. I've had a lot of that today (me crashing, and my teammates crashing).

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017

Amen to that. I won't judge anyone who doesn't use voice chat , because sometimes they just can't.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I need to start getting on discord to play with era. I had one good game tonight and the rest were trash. Lots and lots of newbies too. So seems like the game is still growing.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
This was my best use of the Decoy yet. I sent it over to the box to make it look like I was looting the guy I just thirsted and he fell for it.

Oh my God I am in love with this video. I love doing stuff like this. That was so beautiful like poetry. It is making me so emotional right now. Not only because of the clone, but because of the proper EVA-8 handling. Imo, it is better than the peacekeeper.

10/10.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Real, actual voice comms are still the best situation overall in any team based game

I have to disagree, when using voice you don't pin point the location, the granular details, the levels, the weapon names, literally you don't identify as fast or communicate as effectively with specificity like this ping system does.

I do agree voice is invaluable for a range of communications but it's not a one trumps the other so broadly, they each have their advantages and disadvantages. For example 3 people talking at the same time, relative left and right etc. The ping system inherently removes many issues while maximising instant and clear data for you to decide what to do with.

Very damn effective and fucking brilliant game development and design. Repeatable, predictable, intelligent and at the push of a button or while I'm talking/listening. I wish for as much from the myriad of matchmade voice chatting players.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Finally I won with Caustic, out of all the characters he was the hardest to win with. I probably won't pick him for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.