• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Oh ok, I don't know how kills count yet but that makes sense, I mean that player could still be respawned.
You get a kill if you knock someone down and they are subsequently executed by anyone. Executing someone that someone else knocked down does not net you a kill.

A player can be executed and then respawned at a beacon, and the original killer will still get the kill.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Yes (as long as you weren't the one who first downed him/her). You don't get the kill for simply executing/delivering the blow when they are crawling around. You get the kill stat for downing someone that is subsequently killed by anyone before reviving.

I did both things but it's probably what False Witness said, the rest of the squad was alive so they probably could just respawn him?

You get a kill if you knock someone down and they are subsequently executed by anyone. Executing someone that someone else knocked down does not net you a kill.

A player can be executed and then respawned at a beacon, and the original killer will still get the kill.

I'm positive I downed the guy and execute him afterwards (all with Peacekeeper shots), maybe I don't remember quite well but I was convinced.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
A few things I think could be adjusted for game balance:

Precision Choke could be bumped up to Level 4. I think its a bit too common for how good it makes the Peacekeeper.

You could remove extended mag on Wingman. Six shots for a wingman is enough to put down just about everyone. I think even without an extended mag, it's still one of the best guns in the game.

Reduce Bangalore's passive speed boost by a lil. Maybe 5 to 10 percent?

Boost the visibility of Wraith's phase shift or up the cooldown a bit.

Dunno if these are controversial or not. But I'm glad I'm not the one balancing these games.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting super tired of Bangalore, the Peacekeeper, and Devotion.

I love this game so much. I really do. I've played dozens upon dozens of games, and I've raked in nine wins since launch. This is a super satisfying Battle Royale experience.

But those three things are supremely annoying and I'm really tired of how frequently I deal with hopped-up Peacekeepers and Devotions. Bangalore's bloated kit does not help matters at all, either.
I agree with you on all of the weapons that you've mentioned, but I don't think that Bangalore's kit is too bloated. I think the thing that needs to be reduced is the frequency of her smoke (tactical). I often find Bangalore players spamming smoke whenever there is a chance. If they add a couple more seconds to it, that would make it so that it would have to be used at more choosier times.

As for the Peacekeeper and Devotion, the Peacekeeper needs a knock on its damage and a higher spread to make it more viable in intense fights. I'm not sure how many times I've been taken down by the Devotion, but as for HMGs in general, they should not be too viable in close quarters. With the Devotion, you just need to spam it without aiming in order to do damage.

HMGs need to do what they're meant to do in a more realistic scenario: To lay down medium to long range suppression with high velocity and mid to high accuracy at long range. The Spitfire is a little ridiculous up close. Also, they should make the aim penalty a lot more severe on HMGs if you are standing.

Also, where's the LMG to use light ammo? Why not put one in a care package drop?

I really hope that they think something up.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Face says it all. 'Did he really just fucking say that?'

67292ef0a07d4329702ec46804a9d2c4.png

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A few things I think could be adjusted for game balance:

Precision Choke could be bumped up to Level 4. I think its a bit too common for how good it makes the Peacekeeper.

You could remove extended mag on Wingman. Six shots for a wingman is enough to put down just about everyone. I think even without an extended mag, it's still one of the best guns in the game.

Reduce Bangalore's passive speed boost by a lil. Maybe 5 to 10 percent?

Boost the visibility of Wraith's phase shift or up the cooldown a bit.

Dunno if these are controversial or not. But I'm glad I'm not the one balancing these games.
A big no to all of these haha.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for some regular people to group with on PC who are LGBTQ+ friendly and don't mind no mic play.

I'm quite decent, not the best by any means but I put my share of work in and know how to ping.

Origin is uponapyre. Let me know if you add.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Oh ok, I don't know how kills count yet but that makes sense, I mean that player could still be respawned.
I did both things but it's probably what False Witness said, the rest of the squad was alive so they probably could just respawn him?

I'm positive I downed the guy and execute him afterwards (all with Peacekeeper shots), maybe I don't remember quite well but I was convinced.
If you executed right after downing them, it's possible someone got the last bullet in even though it looked like your fire knocked him/her. I've had games with like 2 kills with 30 total damage given just because I lucked into being the last bullet even though someone else was shredding them at the time. If there was a delay between downing/executing, it's possible that you downed him/her, they were revived, downed again, and then you executed them.

fobbyBro

Jan 19, 2018
It's definitely an intentional design decision. Because it's fairly easy to down a member of the squad...but a lot harder to down them in a way that doesn't leave you vulnerable to getting killed by the teammates before they simply revive their own and are now in a 3 vs 2 scenario instead.

Yes (as long as you weren't the one who first downed him/her). You don't get the kill for simply executing/delivering the blow when they are crawling around. You get the kill stat for downing someone that is subsequently killed by anyone before reviving.
just wanna make sure i'm comprehending this... you get the kill for the down? So if I down a player and someone else kills him, then i actually get the kill?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
If you executed right after downing them, it's possible someone got the last bullet in even though it looked like your fire knocked him/her. I've had games with like 2 kills with 30 total damage given just because I lucked into being the last bullet even though someone else was shredding them at the time. If there was a delay between downing/executing, it's possible that you downed him/her, they were revived, downed again, and then you executed them.

Yeah, I was just thinking that, maybe I didn't see someone else shooting at that player. It wasn't important tho because we did a terrible job at the game lol but it caught my attention that we died immediately after that and saw no kills on my stats.

Dec 4, 2017
London
I got my first Kill Leader status today. I still don't think I'm particularly good but I'm getting better and, damn, did that feel good for the 2 minutes before my squad got wiped.

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I bought mirage and caustic but for some reason they appear locked in the character select screen. I can't even buy them again any one else have this problem?

Had the same issue last night on Xbox One X. Selecting them from the main menu and then not touching any heroes in the in-match select will let you use either of your choice but had this issue despite resetting multiple times. Game also was just straight crashing trying to get into a match a handful of times.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
just wanna make sure i'm comprehending this... you get the kill for the down? So if I down a player and someone else kills him, then i actually get the kill?
Yes. You get the kill stat if you down someone and they are subsequently executed (or their squad eliminated) before being revived. It doesn't matter if you did 200 damage or 12, as long as you were the bullet that downed them. There are cases where you'll down someone, they'll get revived, then get downed again by someone else. In that case, it's the player who downed them right before their execution that gets the kill.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Does anyone else sometimes experience the game feeling half speed upon the start of a round? The frame rate seems to be smooth but actual speed of movement seems really slow, like wading through soup.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with you on all of the weapons that you've mentioned, but I don't think that Bangalore's kit is too bloated. I think the thing that needs to be reduced is the frequency of her smoke (tactical). I often find Bangalore players spamming smoke whenever there is a chance. If they add a couple more seconds to it, that would make it so that it would have to be used at more choosier times.
Bangalore's main problems are her passive and smokes. Two smoke charges is too many, and they recharge too quickly for how effectively they blanket an area in smoke. If Mirage only gets one decoy, Pathfinder only gets one grappling hook, and Wraith only gets one phase shift, then Bangalore should only get one smoke grenade.

Her passive turns her into Sonic the Hedgehog when she's shot at, regardless of whether she takes damage or not. This means she has an easier time fighting people in direct engagements, since she can circle strafe and bunny hop better than literally every other Legend in the game, and combined with her smoke, she can escape from virtually any direct confrontation.

She'd still be an extremely powerful offensive pick if her passive granted her increased weapon handling speed (ADS, weapon swap, reload, etc) instead of boosting her already remarkable evasiveness (thanks to her having a small hitbox compared to similarly defensive Legends like Gibraltar and Caustic). While her ultimate isn't ridiculously powerful, it is very strong, and combined with her other two abilities, makes her extremely difficult to deal with all on her own, much less when she's flanked by two teammates.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I executed a player last night (it spawned the coffin and everything), seconds after that our entire team got killed, the next screen shows me 0 kills, is that alright?

Your execution didn't complete, even if it looked like the animation did. You got interrupted (and then killed) by another player.

It happened to me twice on Monday night. It was rage-inducing.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, decided to give this a shot. Who are the best characters for a first-time player?

I think I would recommend Bloodhound, Lifeline, or Bangalore. With Bloodhound, you can use your Tactical (LB on Xbox) pretty frequently to locate enemies. They also let you see footprints and such from enemies that were recently nearby. Their Ultimate highlights enemies in red, making it easier for you to spot them.

Lifeline is the medic, who you have to play as in the tutorial. Her abilities are pretty easy to know when to use: the Tactical drone whenever people need health, and use the Ultimate as soon as it's available. Use as many Ultimate Accelerators as you can to continue getting care packages. Her Passive puts up a shield when you revive teammates.

Bangalore's Tactical is a smoke grenade that you can use to blind enemies, either to approach them more safely or to escape. Her Ultimate calls in an artillery strike which can work well with the smoke. Her passive increases your movement speed when being shot at, which can help you get to cover.

I find all the characters pretty well balanced, though, and enjoy playing all of them.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bangalore's main problems are her passive and smokes. Two smoke charges is too many, and they recharge too quickly for how effectively they blanket an area in smoke. If Mirage only gets one decoy, Pathfinder only gets one grappling hook, and Wraith only gets one phase shift, then Bangalore should only get one smoke grenade.

Her passive turns her into Sonic the Hedgehog when she's shot at, regardless of whether she takes damage or not. This means she has an easier time fighting people in direct engagements, since she can circle strafe and bunny hop better than literally every other Legend in the game, and combined with her smoke, she can escape from virtually any direct confrontation.

She'd still be an extremely powerful offensive pick if her passive granted her increased weapon handling speed (ADS, weapon swap, reload, etc) instead of boosting her already remarkable evasiveness (thanks to her having a small hitbox compared to similarly defensive Legends like Gibraltar and Caustic). While her ultimate isn't ridiculously powerful, it is very strong, and combined with her other two abilities, makes her extremely difficult to deal with all on her own, much less when she's flanked by two teammates.
Its not a problem. She has a character that hard counters her smoke and if shes running away it means she cant be engaging which means you have a 3 v 2 on the rest of her squad. Bangalore doesn't need any changes. Pick bloudhound if its that big of an issue.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Is that true? I could have sworn I got credits for finishing a downed enemy - indicated by the kill counter in the top right corner.
You would get the kill credit if the person that downed him was from another squad and died before they could finish their kill. If the person that originally knocked someone then dies, that kill is fair game for anyone else to get credit for.

Also if someone jumps off the edge of the map, whoever deals damage to them before they actually die will get credit for that kill, even though it's a suicide.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
When there's 3 people with the same pre-select, and you're picking last.... and they both let you take your pick. <3

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
When there's 3 people with the same pre-select, and you're picking last.... and they both let you take your pick. <3
Next thing you'll tell me they dropped you ammo for a gun you had when you were getting low.

Or dropped a phoneix kit/shield battery for you when you were low on life.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Next thing you'll tell me they dropped you ammo for a gun you had when you were getting low.

Or dropped a phoneix kit/shield battery for you when you were low on life.

I know its early, but the community so far have been great and friendly and accomodating. Even when losing. In about 200 games ive only experienced toxicity about 2-3 times

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodhounds ult + smoke has to effectively halve the FPS on base PS4. Hope they adjust that because it is disorienting and tough work around.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I know its early, but the community so far have been great and friendly and accomodating. Even when losing. In about 200 games ive only experienced toxicity about 2-3 times
It's kinda amazing just how accepting the community is so far. I hope it stays that way, though...Fortnite started out the same way more or less and it's devolved over time.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Its not a problem. She has a character that hard counters her smoke and if shes running away it means she cant be engaging which means you have a 3 v 2 on the rest of her squad. Bangalore doesn't need any changes. Pick bloudhound if its that big of an issue.
Hard disagree. She is absolutely problematic. Her passive plus her smoke spam makes her one of, if not the best legend for direct engagements in the game. Bloodhound isn't a good counter-pick, since he takes time to use either ability, and the cooldowns on those are far longer than the CDs for Bangalore's smokes. On top of that, his ability to track her in the smoke isn't going to suddenly make her passive ineffective.

Her passive should not reward players for positioning themselves badly, or punish enemy players for trying to pin her down. The fact that she can take advantage of a bad play by throwing down smoke and making a push is really bad design.

Status
Not open for further replies.