• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apex Legends and Tetris 99. Two of the most amazing Battle Royale games come out like 10 days from each other as surprise announcements and in F2P form. What a world.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Apex is officially #2 on XBL. Blackout will have to react soon I'd imagine.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

I think the only real way for Activision to react is by making Blackout a free to play mode. Otherwise, Apex is just going to take over Blackout with relative ease and it won't have a chance. Honestly, if they had made Blackout an extension of CoD and kept it free to play with regular updates/seasons and whatnot, but did a MAJOR update every time a new CoD released to fit in that style of CoD, then that would have probably done well I imagine.

But since it's not that, I don't see Blackout doing that well compared to Apex, or Fortnite, or PUBG. I still think PUBG will survive and I think there's more room for BR games than people may think, but only a select few are going to drive Twitch if that's the measure of success now.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I wish you got an Apex pack or something when you win. It doesn't feel like there's much incentive for winning.

That'd be a good incentive. And if Respawn was worried about people who can constantly win games, they can limit it by daily amounts if they want. Like 5 possible wins per day nets you 5 total packs. After that you can't earn anymore until the next day.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I'm having issue with aiming. :/

Tried to mess with settings but it made it worse and I went back to classic. Even having the option for my elite controller didn't do the trick

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
That'd be a good incentive. And if Respawn was worried about people who can constantly win games, they can limit it by daily amounts if they want. Like 5 possible wins per day nets you 5 total packs. After that you can't earn anymore until the next day.
Just give me something. After I got all the achievements for winning a lot of the excitement for winning is gone for me. It doesn't feel like you actually get rewarded.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Twice today I've had a bug where my character can barely move after getting revived.

Did the update introduce this or have I just been extremely lucky not to experience this before?

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Just give me something. After I got all the achievements for winning a lot of the excitement for winning is gone for me. It doesn't feel like you actually get rewarded.

Yeah, they'll need something - for instance, Fortnite gives you an umbrella for winning a game and a seasonal umbrella for winning a game within that season. It'd be nice if Apex had a similar cosmetic thing associated with winning a game.

Then have things to get after winning each game - like Apex Packs or as mentioned above resources to craft skins. This is the type of thing Respawn will have to have in order to keep momentum up though. Right now they have a game with the best BR gameplay, but they need a content feed to match it.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Any tips for when to use Bangalore's smoke and Pathfinder's ziplines?
Drop Bangalore's smoke in the line of sight when you are being suppressed and want to move from cover to cover.
Throw Bangalore's smoke on the enemies themselves if you want to flush them out of an area or want to push towards them.

I like to drop smoke then drop my Ult. It works really well, especially considering the fact that your teammates can rush in without worrying about being damaged by it. You pair that with a G7 Scout or any other rifle, and you can cover from afar while the bombs drop and your teammates rush. It's quite the punch.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you got an Apex pack or something when you win. It doesn't feel like there's much incentive for winning.

I feel like this is the tradeoff for having lootboxes that don't have duplicates in them. Though I guess there's also the 45-lootbox lifetime limit without buying more.

Maybe a mini-pack where you only got one item? And place a daily limit on that as well?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
is there a way to split your ammo and things in inventory to give to teammates without giving them ALL of it?

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really getting the hang of the aiming and which weapons I like now. Consistently had multiple kills in games last night, took out 7 in one solo game and 6 in a party game too. Happy days.

Also this little gem on the first drop of the game. I couldn't have asked for a better melee outcome.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Bullshit man, Last 2 squads, I had 7 kills, Fully decked out and ready for last battle against remaining squad......... Game froze. Cheers. And my mates got wiped, Not even sure i got the 7 kills.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Every time I think I am getting better, I have a terrible run of matches.

And yet I keep playing.... I think I may be hooked.

Oct 28, 2017
I love Caustic for close-range shenanigans like this. We kept advancing down the map, and I would trap up every doorway, stopping enemy teams getting entry and easy shots at us. We'd pick them off slowly from cover until it came down to a final showdown.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I love Caustic for close-range shenanigans like this. We kept advancing down the map, and I would trap up every doorway, stopping enemy teams getting entry and easy shots at us. We'd pick them off slowly from cover until it came down to a final showdown.

Yeah, Caustic ult with an extended mag Spitfire is incredible. You just storm in the gas and never take the finger off the trigger.

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018

Beautiful! I'm trying to get better with him as he is my favorite character personality wise, but its tough to use him well until the endgame, especially in such a movement based game. What guns do you favor with him?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
My first time playing Caustic: meh Legend, useless and not fun at all, can't wait for this match to be over

Some moments later: I should probably force myself to play one more match or two with him so I understand his mechanics and know how to face him

5 days later of nothing but maining Caustic: I should probably try to play some of the heroes I haven't tried yet just so I better understand the game

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Finally got my first champion and first place win.

Can I just say, the Spitfire is amazing, I absolutely love this over any other weapon in the game. It can put so much firepower down range and when you have the lv 3 attachments it becomes ungoldly how much it can just shred through an entire team.

We were down to just my squad and the enemy squad, we were held up inside a building and they were on the hill out front. One of our guys on top had the Kraber sniper and took out one of their guys. I was outside of the building crouched at the wall incase they tried to storm in thinking we were all inside the building iainid then I saw them drop the gilbrater shield and my teammate said he was trying to revive his teammate, so I just charged up the hill with my spitfire and took out both of the two guys that were left, I don't think they expected it lol.

Left click instead of right click when in your menu. You can't split anything lower than a denomination of 20.

That sucks, I've had times where a team mate needed some health but I also needed at least a couple left and didn't wanna just drop all 6 for them lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Beautiful! I'm trying to get better with him as he is my favorite character personality wise, but its tough to use him well until the endgame, especially in such a movement based game. What guns do you favor with him?

Just anything really. I like the Wingman and any high RPM gun on the side. It helps to spray and pray when you get into a situation like in my video because you want to do max damage because people will be firing like mad and you might get clipped. Peacekeeper can be very fun in that situation though.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Damn, just had a game where I got 12 kills as Lifeline, rest of my team was useless but I was out for blood, killed everyone who came up against me. The R-301 in single fire is amazing, I can hit the trigger as fast as I want and it's so accurate. So many shots to the head.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If anyone wants to party up, let me know. PSN is NIBZY

No mic at the moment. Wife is asleep lol.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
The rng gods were really good to me this game and my squad won. I picked up a Devotion and kept finding energy ammo. I usually swich guns when I pick up Devotion.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Regardless of guns, best thing I've found for Caustic is to never go first. You don't have an engage and you don't have an escape. Playing Caustic relies entirely on reading the terrain and setting yourself up, which takes time. If you're the one who gets caught out, it's pretty much over. Let someone else lead/initiate, and when the fighting starts, trap up at least the left and right ends of your cover in as hidden a way as you can, over the top as well if possible/necessary, and wait for the right time to use your ult. It stops pushes, rezzes, will set you up to destroy an entire team in a choke, and can be used as cover to rez your own team, assuming they have heals for once they're up.

When you're not fighting and you're holding three traps, periodically drop one in tight spots behind you to figure out if there's a team on your tail. Leave them at rez points and on enemy banners, especially if someone got away. You'll get pinged when they're grabbing banners and know where they are and where they're going.

But yeah, guns, the good ones are the ones you're good with, but always having something that shreds at close range like a Spitfire or Peacekeeper on hand is super valuable.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my first win and I can officially put the game away.

35199dc7-66d3-4815-b228-6748f3ac1abd.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.