• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Heard a Mirage voice line yesterday when he got picked and said "I hope I don't have to fight with that smiling robot" and then tried to play it off like "nahhh I'm kidding he's fine" and I hope mirage falls into a bottomless pit

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
SuGEoSs.jpg
Dude, thanks for this!! Your awesome!

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
So I don't understand, does Mirage ultimate makes him completely invisible, or just partially? Because I constantly get shot when "invisible"

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well the Valentine's thing is looking to be a bit disappointing, just a couple of items you can buy with real money? I was hoping for a quick challenge that would award the items for free by the end of it, like Overwatch does (Bastet, Dva Nano Cola).
Yeah, they'll need to do better than that if they want free players to stick around, though I'll reserve my judgment until the first season is here.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Nvidia put out new drivers today and "[Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.[2503360]" is listed as an open issue, so if you had to rollback drivers to prevent crashing, it's still not safe to update yet.

I had updated my drivers to the drivers that were previously the latest and had a ton of texture issues in the game. Saw that Shroud was using version 416 so I went to that and haven't had an issue since.

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
Started playing this past Sunday (I was out of town when it released) and been playing with randoms only so far ... with varying results. Yesterday was pretty rough, but the day before I had my first (and only) squad win. Anyway, if anyone wants to team up add me on PSN! I'd rather play with two of y'all than some of these random jokers.

Anyone have recommendations on PS4 aim sensitivity?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Started playing this past Sunday (I was out of town when it released) and been playing with randoms only so far ... with varying results. Yesterday was pretty rough, but the day before I had my first (and only) squad win. Anyway, if anyone wants to team up add me on PSN! I'd rather play with two of y'all than some of these random jokers.

Anyone have recommendations on PS4 aim sensitivity?
Sensitivity is a subjective thing but for PvP games I always increase it a bit.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got to chuckle at this 'Hold My Beer' move by respawn....Battlefield BR gets trounced for it (supposedly) being squads of 4 only, and Respawn is just like, HMB, you know what, we'll throw in a squad size no one is used to, so that you cannot play alone, with your one main duo mate, or your usual full blackout / pubg squad...and they pull it off. (still want solo and 5's though and a bump to 75 players)

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
They just patched it and didn't add a way to mute all mics, you have to wait with some toxic pit blathering until you can load into the screen where you're dropping, this seems like an easy fix they should do(just give us the ability to turn off VOip like so many other games do).

If you're on console, just start a private chat party, don't invite anyone, and enjoy silent bliss. I do that with all multiplayer games anyway, but the Ping system in this game more than makes up for not using the mic in a team.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
That's some good digging. Sure hope we get a stim character soon.
I feel like bangalore already has the speed aspect of the stim and lifeline has the fast heal aspect (in a way), so I have my doubts about the stim directly translating over to this game, but boy would I be happy if it did; all I used was stim in TiF2

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Cool I guess, I was playing last night alone and got paired with these two guys, they were better than me, at least one of them was. At some point I got knocked down but the rivals didn't finish me off so I crawled really far away in the direction of my teamates. They kept running away and I was like "ok, maybe they didn't notice yet", I finally died and pinged, they took their time but finally ran in my direction, just a few steps away the stopped and started dropping shileds and meds at each other. They turned around and left me. I kept watching anyway, the good player died and it was impossible for the remaining player to revive him and he eventually died as well.

Just an anecdote.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Well the Valentine's thing is looking to be a bit disappointing, just a couple of items you can buy with real money? I was hoping for a quick challenge that would award the items for free by the end of it, like Overwatch does (Bastet, Dva Nano Cola).

Yeah, they were so good prepared with the release and the game quality, but they could have been better in this department. No challenge for you to work on, no system for a global community challenge, special loot boxes or something else like this. Maybe this gets better with the first season but they really have to step up their GAAS game in this regard.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
I've never had so many players DC before, jesus. It's like every other match I'm either alone or with 1 person from the start.

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Champion win there. Was a hell of a match. I really like the squad balances and abilities. I use the wraith and her portals got my team out of so much shit.

This game is scratching that Halo itch in a way a game hasn't since Reach.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nvidia put out new drivers today and "[Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.[2503360]" is listed as an open issue, so if you had to rollback drivers to prevent crashing, it's still not safe to update yet.

Yeah, don't bother. I decided to try it since the game also got an update. My first game with the new driver and I got hung. Going back to 417.71. Besides the crash, performance seemed worse anyways.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I say make it so you move the mouse 12-15 inches to do a full 360 in-game. Aim with your arm and use your wrist to fine-tune your aim. Having low mouse DPI and sensitivity diminishes human error like shaky hands and panic flinches.

As for mouse acceleration, make sure to DISABLE "Enhance pointer precision" in Windows mouse settings. Mouse acceleration makes it so if you move your hands faster, the pointer accelerates even faster. You can't develop muscle memory with it because it's inconsistent.

My personal settings: 400 mouse DPI and 2.9 in-game sens.
400 DPI?

I set mine to that, and takes forever to move to the next monitor with my mouse haha. You use that all the time or just FPS?

And I definitely use my fingers to aim, barely move my wrist. I think maybe the wrist rest prevents me from it, so I'm going to go with out it.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
any chance they will add modes where it's all teams of 4, or teams of 5, or teams of 6?
(i can see how having multiple team sizes playing in the same match would make it unfair for the smaller teams.)

a team of only 3 is too limiting for my friends who want to play together.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
400 DPI?

I set mine to that, and takes forever to move to the next monitor with my mouse haha. You use that all the time or just FPS?

And I definitely use my fingers to aim, barely move my wrist. I think maybe the wrist rest prevents me from it, so I'm going to go with out it.
If you don't want to change your desktop DPI, just do the math to match the in-game sens. If you double your dpi, halve your in-game sens.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
400 DPI?

You don't need to set the DPI to 400. For his sens you could do 800 dpi and 1.45 ingame and have the same sens.

He's right though, shoot for between 20-50 cm/360, whatever feels comfortable. This is a handy calculator: https://jscalc.io/calc/RTCJTLMts42GYfWf

Enter your DPI and adjust your apex (source engine game) sens until youre around 30-40 cm/360. Thats a good range to be in.

What kind of mouse and mousepad do you have? that can make a difference as well. And yeah I wouldn't use a wrist support at all for FPSes.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pinging the supply ship before launch when I'm jump master is a great way for me to ignore where you want to go.

Dropping towards the supply ship is a great way to get me to abandon you and go somewhere else.
When im missing one person me and my friend think the same thing, only about the rando who doesnt want to jump ship.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I blasted someone in the face with a Peacemaker and he didn't go down and then he melted me in seconds with a SMG it looked like, sometimes I really don't know what's going with the damage trade off.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
I blasted someone in the face with a Peacemaker and he didn't go down and then he melted me in seconds with a SMG it looked like, sometimes I really don't know what's going with the damage trade off.

Did they have armor? Did you? Sometimes things seem off, but they could have been fully equipped with yellow armor and shields.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Win with randoms #9. Not a lot of action but the final showdown happened in like round 4, ending in a wild shootout in a cave shortly before the circle arrived. Only 2 classes left to win with, then to make sure I have 5000 damage with all of them.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
If you get a full headshot with Peacemaker that's 165 damage, that's tankable with full health and level 2 armour. Mastiff's the only shotgun that can potentially OHKO at full health and armour. Be aware of your damage numbers.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if they instituted a squad of four mode. It's kind of an awkward paradox when you introduce a game that's so hugely popular but so strictly limit the number of people that can actually be in a squad. I have at least five friends who are playing this, often at the same time.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if they instituted a squad of four mode. It's kind of an awkward paradox when you introduce a game that's so hugely popular but limit the number of people that can actually be in a squad. I have at least five friends who are playing this, often at the same time.
Five friends and yourself playing at the same time sounds like a perfect amount for two full squads.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Did they have armor? Did you? Sometimes things seem off, but they could have been fully equipped with yellow armor and shields.

It was really early in the match and he might have, but I know I did at least. It was point blank too, it seems at times people get through my shields with one or two bullets but I have to pump an entire magazines in to them. Maybe it's just the came not being clear enough how many hits you take before going down.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Five friends and yourself playing at the same time sounds like a perfect amount for two full squads.

Two squads that can't play together. Regardless, I'm not asking for a squad of six, since that sounds like too much. But four seems like a happy medium. Maybe they determined there were too many broken combinations of heroes in a squad of four or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.