• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Although the melee attacks does bump the target back, it doesn't knock anybody down.
I just call the state where they drop to the floor, "knockdown". They're not dead yet.
Ok was just making sure I wasn't missing anything. Cool.

I need to use it more regardless. I just usually go for the straight jab.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
I think the TTK is fantastic in a Battle Royale setting. The gratification of winning long, tactical firefights is way better than EZPZ kills, and nothing is more demoralizing than making it 10 minutes into a round and getting bodied before you can even react

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
very intrigued by the reports of people having a competitive time playing with a controller on PC. Really looking forward to trying to play in 4K on my LG OLED, with a controller, 5 feet from the screen :o.

I tried and didn't get a single kill in about 5 games, on PS4 I've been averaging a least a couple of kills per game. Maybe I just got unlucky and kept coming up against streamer pros or whatever but they were on me before I could even shoot back

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Ok was just making sure I wasn't missing anything. Cool.

I need to use it more regardless. I just usually go for the straight jab.
I think it works this way:
Jump before melee -> Flying kick
Run before melee -> straight jab
Crouch slide before melee -> Uppercut

Just yell out "Shoryuken" for added effect.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
there's no fucking way haha

I played a few rounds on PC on the weekend and those people are sweaty AF
I'm glad I dodged that bullet then. I was [this] close to playing on PC instead of PS4. They would have baked me some bread.

Sucks though, because I'd rather play with a much better frame rate and higher Image Quality as well. Game can look blurry as hell on base PS4 at long distances.

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
there's no fucking way haha

I played a few rounds on PC on the weekend and those people are sweaty AF

yeah I find it hard to believe as well, but I'd love to be able to have a chance with controller on PC.

Since there is auto aim with the controller, I can imagine it being pretty easy to kill a bad KB/M player when using a controller.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
TTK is fine for everything besides the Mozambique, which is fucking ridiculously bad. I still can't get over the 45 damage for a pointblank headshot. On a gun with 3 fucking rounds. You literally can't kill someone who has shields without reloading.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Generally speaking, I'm not bad with shooters.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me why I suck at this game and barely get any kills.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I love the ttk is long, makes the matches more fun and engaging and more tactical. Thats one reason I never got into COD blackout

I think the TTK is fantastic in a Battle Royale setting. The gratification of winning long, tactical firefights is way better than EZPZ kills, and nothing is more demoralizing than making it 10 minutes into a round and getting bodied before you can even react

It's probably just because my playstyle in most FPS is "run around at max speed jumping like crazy and get quick kills", especially in Titanfall. So having longer drawn out firefights where I actually have to AIM like some sort of nerd is the opposite of my base instincts.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I wish we could create custom matches.... Would make a match where every drop of loot was a Mozambique.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I'm glad I dodged that bullet then. I was [this] close to playing on PC instead of PS4. They would have baked me some bread.

Sucks though, because I'd rather play with a much better frame rate and higher Image Quality as well. Game can look blurry as hell on base PS4 at long distances.

yeah and like, don't get me wrong, I'm a VERY GOOD PC player with over a decade of semi-professional Quake 3 under my belt and I was just getting my shit pushed in like there was no tomorrow, whereas on Xbox my win-rate is like every 5 or so games. This game is no joke on PC and I have a new found respect for Shroud haha

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think I would be that into this game, being that I've been a pretty dedicated PUBG player on Xbox since launch, I don't like Overwatch, and I didn't like Blackout's first person perspective compared to TPP in PUBG.

Man am I enjoying Apex Legends. I played for a while last night and had my first win and between those good vibes and all the amazing presentation the game has going on and the tight controls and gunplay, I think this is it man. This is my jam. Really feeling Lifeline as my main. I want to learn either Caustic or Mirage since it seems like a lot of people don't have them, but I gotta decide if I wanna play on Xbox where my PUBG peeps are at, or PS4 which is sort of my preferred console in general. Decisions decisions....

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017

Titanfall and Apex Legends have a very distinct movement style to them. If you're unfamiliar, it's a learning curve. I'm fine on console since Halo and Titanfall played similar. But on PC I've only really played Siege, and I suck ass at the game as a result.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
TTK is fine for everything besides the Mozambique, which is fucking ridiculously bad. I still can't get over the 45 damage for a pointblank headshot. On a gun with 3 fucking rounds. You literally can't kill someone who has shields without reloading.

I'm actually really surprised they didn't fix it with the patch.

It's a total booby prize.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017

When I drop in and the first weapon I pick up is a Mozambique once I hear anyone firing I know I'm dead already lol

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
fvvhqt8yrbg21.jpg
xD

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Movement is fast + shielding requires you to be on target more consistently if you're not close range using a shotgun. Probably need to adjust your sensitivity like I have to. I've never been as bad at a shooter as I am at Apex. Ever. The shooting feels absolutely alien.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Hey i'm still low-level but I'm curious about the perspective from higher level players...

Is it just me or am I crazy that the music when you jump until you land (the whole experience even as your thrusters slow your decent) still hypes me up and STILL hasn't gotten old? Is anybody tired of that yet? I still rotate the camera around to look at my champion when we're falling. That whole sequence and music gets me pumped up EVERY . TIME. ....

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

depends on which shooters you've been playing.

how are you handling the lack of hitscan on weapons, bullet travel speed and bullet drop? are you keeping yourself on target through the duration of your magazine? are you using feast/famine weapons like sniper rifles constantly? all of the above will heavily impact your TTK and overall effectiveness.

I'd recommend going to the training area and spending some time strafing and shooting and shooting at the moving targets. Spend time with automatic weapons.

Hey i'm still low-level but I'm curious about the perspective from higher level players...

Is it just me or am I crazy that the music when you jump until you land (the whole experience even as your thrusters slow your decent) still hypes me up and STILL hasn't gotten old? Is anybody tired of that yet? I still rotate the camera around to look at my champion when we're falling. That whole sequence and music gets me pumped up EVERY . TIME. ....
Yes, it will always get you in the right mood. Level 80 players hum that shit on their streams every drop. It's gud.

RebornYeti

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still new got any tips or a vid on how to drop?

One thing I've learned from a friend is when dropping to a far away area, dip down until you see the speed indicator on the left say "140" then dip up a bit until it says "135" and repeat until you can safely just drop down as fast as you can to your destination.

Hope that makes sense lol

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably just because my playstyle in most FPS is "run around at max speed jumping like crazy and get quick kills", especially in Titanfall. So having longer drawn out firefights where I actually have to AIM like some sort of nerd is the opposite of my base instincts.
The last time a played a shooter online was years ago and boy was it a wake-up call with the high shields in this game.

I am used to getting in killing really fast, and then getting back out. QUICK. All with a silencer. No one could tell where I was on a map. You would just die. You can't really do that here. You can't really sneak up on people because even if you do, they still have that split second to respond after losing their tank armor.

I'm getting the hang of these new age shooters and am slowly getting my hip-fire skills back. Just gotta remind myself that they have more HP than I am used to.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any movement on crossplay for this game? This seems like an easy title for Sony to actually approve.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Everyone just wants to land at the goddam Hot-Zones cause they think they Shroud and it's just a mad sprint around screaming grabbing all this rare shit and then someone with no armor and a pistol takes me out.

Why am I terrible at aiming, am I just old now. Is there a way to get better at it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any movement on crossplay for this game? This seems like an easy title for Sony to actually approve.
If they do: please keep them PC Bois away from me and my gamepad. I like winning sometimes.

Speaking of which... does anyone know if PS4 Apex is compatible with m/kb???,

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I noticed that way more teams were dropping Skull Town than the first week of the game and lobbies were dying out much faster than at first. My friend and I were constantly surprised how quickly the "Half of the Teams Remain" callout was being made each match.

So yeah, player count was fine at first, but now that everyone wants to be their favorite streamer and suicides into instant death, the player count seems really low.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone just wants to land at the goddam Hot-Zones cause they think they Shroud and it's just a mad sprint around screaming grabbing all this rare shit and then someone with no armor and a pistol takes me out.

Why am I terrible at aiming, am I just old now. Is there a way to get better at it.
You're probably not old enough to where your senses actually start to degrade (50-60+). You just don't have as much time as other people to consistently practice.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Seems like a sweet patch! Anyone noticing performance improvements? Or reduced crashing? (Didn't affect me, just curious)

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
You're probably not old enough to where your senses actually start to degrade (50-60+). You just don't have as much time as other people to consistently practice.
Oyyy, I feel it.

But yea, I just got to practice more.

But come on, if you are not confident you can take out half the server with a pistol and a white helm, then just avoid the drop-zone.

Four games in a row, they dropped straight to hotzone, wiped first every time.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Last night I noticed that way more teams were dropping Skull Town than the first week of the game and lobbies were dying out much faster than at first. My friend and I were constantly surprised how quickly the "Half of the Teams Remain" callout was being made each match.

So yeah, player count was fine at first, but now that everyone wants to be their favorite streamer and suicides into instant death, the player count seems really low.
Yeah Skull Town is effectively becoming the "Titled Towers" of Apex. I noticed the same thing yesterday and while it does make the mid-game less tense, I didn't feel as if there was a lack of action during my games last night. Increasing the player count I think would have a determinantal effect on the game as a whole and won't solve the issue of players suicide dropping.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

Agreed! The circle is still huge at some points and there are only 4 squads left. They definitely need to up the player count a bit, although I will say I feel like no matter where I drop I have people on top of me. Next map should be a tad bigger hopefully

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Ok so here's what I did until I got more comfortable aiming over long distances. From one older gamer to another.

Force engagements where YOU are comfortable. If you know you can't hit at long range, retreat to a corridor. Most people give chase (unless it is outside the circle) because they think they smell fear and want to play hyper aggressive (youngings these days).

I know I am unstoppable at mid to short range. So I see a someone taking shots at me over that long distance I do the hokey pokey around the cover I am at, and oh... What do we have here? Here he comes!! Right into a fully modded peaceklamper/spitflamer.

Again, I know I can't outsnipe them, so I force them into a smaller fight I can manage. Whether it is using a thermal grenade to lock them into an area with me or my Gibraltar's dome to force them to rush me. The message is clear: if you want me, come and get me. But you gotta come close to get this kill. And that's exactly what I want.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

If on PC, lower your mouse DPI and in-game sensitivity and aim with your arm and elbow instead of your wrist. Also disable mouse acceleration.

If in close range, don't aim down sights. Hipfire is great in this game.

Try to match the sensitivity in all games you play so that you can develop your muscle memory.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really a Battle Royale player and while I've downloaded apex legends, I have not played it. I guess I'm a little apprehensive about the forced squad play.

However, I do have a fascination with this game and the success it's having and it's lead to two questions:

Would this game be more successful if there was solo play as well at launch? I mean it's the only thing that's kept me from trying it. I'm just wondering if the quality of the experience would go down dramatically and counteract the solo players like me who don't want to squad up.

Taking the fact that's it's free out of the equation (which i get is a a pretty big thing to disregard) what makes this game so much better than blackout? The only thing I've seen is the squad callout mechanics. Having played a little blackout and feeling it was a well made Battle Royale, Are their some major reasons why this game is superior?

Status
Not open for further replies.