• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Looting your own teammates when they can be Respawned is grounds for them to quit the match. Don't be a dick
No one has left my game and I'm in the mid 20s. My death box get looted often and I do the same especially when the team will be moving to another section because of the circle.

If I'm waiting for a respawn, yea take my level 3 armor for your level 2. I need you to be able to get me because the team win is more important and we have a better shot if you have more armor and a better weapon while you are in transit to revive me. I always assume every engagement will be a team of 3. So if 1 person is down, I want my team to have the best shot to win that engagement.

To me, it seems selfish to be upset that your teammate is trying to be engagement ready on his way to revive you. Just grab other stuff once you are back.

Darryl M R

Oct 25, 2017
In a team oriented game, it seems very team-like to let your living teammate equip the best armor and weapons available to them (in a reasonable time) before heading off to a respawn station. Most of my team take 30 seconds to loot up after a fight and then head over to a respawn station.

It's cool if someone takes my Wingman that I found all the attachment for. I need them alive and ready to take on a team if I'm out.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just as others have said you're talking bullshit. Especially the final final circles are tough to stay alive in. There's no reason to compare here, I'm sure the design is like that for a reason (escalating damage).
It isnt bullshit. And there is reason to compare. The circles being less harmful than other brs inherently means theres less of a danger to your team from them, which in turn means knowing where they are isnt as important. Watch the clip i posted. The game had less than 1/3 of the people alive and i was in the orange for half the clip. Circle is a non issue in this game.

Aug 5, 2018
There's a myriad of games that cater to those who put no effort into playing because of "useful life skills lol" or those who actually want to play but have real physical issues. Apex is one of them.

Apex has super powers to make people useful even if they are poor players and respawn beacons to bring them back when they die. Gibraltar can throw down a shield when getting surprised by a sniper. Lifeline can make sure the skilled shooters in the group are healed and properly armored. It's a great thing too.

One of my core squad mates is handicapped. His right arm doesn't function at 100% so playing at high levels is hard for him. It wasn't much of an issue over the years as games always let him respawn back into the action. When BR games first launched he was in a "watching everyone play when he died" cycle but in AL he lasts longer, helps us with powers and when we get jumped he can come back. It's a whole new world.

Dumbing down the core gameplay beats is a strict no no though. That's what almost killed Blackout and it's why you'll never see a weak player win a Fortnite match. BR games must reward skilled players/squads. If not they lose them and the games die.

The types of players you reference "life skills lol" casuals will screw around in popular games for laughs. Games only stay popular when they appeal to the correct demo though. Dumb Apex down and the players who make these types of games popular will move on to the next game and so will follow the goobers who they ruined the game trying to cater to. It's bad business.

Great reply man! Blackout is both friendly AND unfriendly to lower skill players because Treyarch unfortunately listened way too hard to the "life skills lol" crowd. The same crowd that's now meandered over to Apex because it's the new thing people talk about.

There's two parts to it:

1.) The low TTK means that a twitchy player will kill you before you even have time to see him. It also means you can get the jump on him the same way though.

2.) Treyarch buffing armor lowers the TTK on players who wear it theoretically to help them survive longer against more skilled players... But the more skilled guys are the ones who are going to get the armor first or take it from corpses. So you've now doubled down on your problem.

There's also the flashbang to consider. A gadget theoretically there to give you a tactical advantage that's again, abused by everyone to get total no skill kills.

Blackout has issues that all stemmed from trying to cater to the scubs but instead doubled down on the difficulty for everyone. This is the slope you slide down.

On high TTK games being +/- skill yeah it's not a science. I've always played both high and low TTK games and there's an adjustment period between them. I believe a game that allows you to have time to react to danger will ultimately favor a higher skilled player though. Halo Vs COD for example. I can usually kill the top player in a COD match multiple times because if for whatever reason I can catch their back turned, I can vaporize them without he/she being able to react. Shooting a seasoned Halo player will only get his attention on me and if he's a better shot than I am, I won't win. Period. This is Blackout vs AL in a nutshell. But adding in that if your fights take too long, other teams will get there to third party you. Or you run out of ammo. Or the wall creeps up on you.

Let me tell you, it took me a couple days to get into the AL groove. I was coming from Blackout having to play like a hyper, Coke addicted leopard to a game where I was literally running out of ammo fighting one other team on a hill. lol

I've grown to appreciate the differences a lot though. Our squad has to really work together now taking positions, pushing at the right time, focusing on those with the higher armor, synergizing abilities and etc.

And we still have Blackout for balls to the walls crazy fast fights.

Good times.

I have an issue with my left arm that's gradually gotten worse the past two years. I had to invest in alternative controller methods just to play semi normally.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably 10x late on this, but is Mirages' 'First Finisher' an ode to this..?

Marie_Claire_Bissonnette_attacker_810_500_75_s_c1.jpg

giphy.gif
I don't think it's a direct reference, but close enough to be amusing.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a team oriented game, it seems very team-like to let your living teammate equip the best armor and weapons available to them (in a reasonable time) before heading off to a respawn station. Most of my team take 30 seconds to loot up after a fight and then head over to a respawn station.

It's cool if someone takes my Wingman that I found all the attachment for. I need them alive and ready to take on a team if I'm out.

I died next to a respawn station. My teammate looted 3 enemy crates, and then my crate before walking the 30 feet to the respawn station. These people are animals.

Darryl M R

Oct 25, 2017
I died next to a respawn station. My teammate looted 3 enemy crates, and then my crate before walking the 30 feet to the respawn station. These people are animals.
Okay, you should have filed a police report.

I completely agree that if someone is in close proximity to a respawn station then they should go there first.. but all loot is up for grabs. You won't miss that Mastiff.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
I have an issue with my left arm that's gradually gotten worse the past two years. I had to invest in alternative controller methods just to play semi normally.
I'm sorry to hear that man. What methods/devices have you been using? My friend's issue stems from a lack of sensitivity and mobility. He doesn't have to deal with pain thankfully so he's able to hold a regular controller just with a really strange grip on it.

Have you checked out the MS Adaptive controller kit?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Got 2nd championship tonight, this game is pretty good.

Haven't had a single crash on PS4 Pro so far.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
I just played with randos who respawned me not once but twice and even guarded my loot lol I have had good luck on PS4 so far. Not perfect but acceptable overall.

SuperTomatto

Dec 18, 2018
3FrJnlb.jpg

Started the match by myself and won it by myself.

otcns21.jpg

By slowly staying just ahead of the circle for most of the match until the final circle taking the last two members of the last squad right after they finished off the third place squad.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Noob question: when you are respawned, do you always come back with nothing?
When a player is eliminated, they drop a box of all their stuff. When you are respawned, the idea is that you can go back to your box if it hasn't already been raided or is too far away. Everyone respawns with nothing.

The only time you still have your stuff is if you are revived while you are "down" rather than eliminated.

Redowl

Oct 30, 2017
New York City
Do people recommend using the mic or is it unnecessary? Also , what character is good for a beginner? How do you switch fire rates with keyboard? How do I know what guns are better?

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
It isnt bullshit. And there is reason to compare. The circles being less harmful than other brs inherently means theres less of a danger to your team from them, which in turn means knowing where they are isnt as important. Watch the clip i posted. The game had less than 1/3 of the people alive and i was in the orange for half the clip. Circle is a non issue in this game.

It was round 2 dude, come back after you try to survive round 5.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Apex's current twitch numbers are fucking WILD! And earlier it was even higher. Tina and the Respawn crew deserve all the gawddamn props, monies, hugs, and thank you letters for this.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do people recommend using the mic or is it unnecessary? Also , what character is good for a beginner? How do you switch fire rates with keyboard? How do I know what guns are better?
Mike can be useful, but the excellent ping system is all you need most times.
Beginner in what sense? to shooters, BR or just this game? I found Bangalore to be the best offensive all rounder, while a support like Lifeline or Gibraltar are good as well.
I think the default key is X, although I changed it in options.
There's probably a tier list somewhere. Wingman is a good pistol, Spitfire, Triple Take, Peacekeeper are good options in the other categories. You'll probably find which are better suited to your playstyle with experience tho. Except Mozambique, it fucking sucks ;P

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Ok it's really bad playing pubs right now. I'm getting players that are seriously lagging bad.

Their servers are prob on fire...

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
I can tell the game is gaining popularity. More idiots online. We wiped the enemy team and my squad mates wouldn't pick me up. WTF.

I had two random dudes leave me to die, too. I posted about a few pages back. Basically told me to "shut the fuck up" cause I was tagging every enemies precise location after I got jumped by them without a gun. They just ran off and left me. I guess it was because I'm bad cause I had no gun and got surrounded by two squads covering for them while they looted then tried to help them out while I was dead.

I just chalked it up to a bad experience. If it continues, no biggy, I'll just only play with buddies from here on out.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Started playing on Xbox because I didn't like this game on PC but loved Titanfall on console. Holy shit, it's a bunch of fun. Got carried to my first win, then pulled my weight and got a second (while another dude literally spammed gunshots, pings, and micspam the whole time).

Also had this weird ass game where everything was kinda in slow motion? Very strange bug. Anyone get that before?

Redowl

Oct 30, 2017
New York City
Mike can be useful, but the excellent ping system is all you need most times.
Beginner in what sense? to shooters, BR or just this game? I found Bangalore to be the best offensive all rounder, while a support like Lifeline or Gibraltar are good as well.
I think the default key is X, although I changed it in options.
There's probably a tier list somewhere. Wingman is a good pistol, Spitfire, Triple Take, Peacekeeper are good options in the other categories. You'll probably find which are better suited to your playstyle with experience tho. Except Mozambique, it fucking sucks ;P
Thanks a lot! I meant as a beginner of BR AND Apex Legends. I sucked at Fortnite. I'll check out the tier list. My name is Redmongoose777 if you wanna play.

SuperTomatto

Dec 18, 2018
The perfect in-lore legend for that, I love it.
Yeah it was my first win as Bloodhound as well! It was a bit difficult though because I wasn't sure if Bloodhound's tactical ability was visible enemies or not so I didn't use it. It was mostly sound and the passive clues keeping me safe towards the end. Also lots of hiding. Lots of it. Trekked pretty far though, dropped at the Airstrip and the final circle was half a house in the Swamps.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I can tell the game is gaining popularity. More idiots online. We wiped the enemy team and my squad mates wouldn't pick me up. WTF.

Seeing more players trying to run and gun too. I had some guy run into a 1v3 with an SMG against Snipers. I kept pinging for retreat, but there he goes and dies. Then he's asking for res on mic...

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
After putting in some more time into this. I kinda dig it. Love the revive feature. I hated the game 2 days ago lol, more people should give it a chance.

Feb 11, 2019

Bangalore is the best for a beginner. Her passive makes her run faster when she's shot at, which is just about the most useful thing when you're starting out. Her Q (the smoke cloud) is also very good.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Finally started getting some luck. Had 3 wins in a row, which is a first ever in any BR game I've played.

Game is really addicting.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I much as I like the peacekeeper, it's getting on my nerves.

Was in the middle of a squad fight when suddenly I found a pathfinder underneath a rock hiding and scared. Felt kinda bad for killing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.