• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Man Im really annoyed with reddit being the biggest voice for respawns ear

They are making a bunch of stupid remarks like "dont listen to the community, we'll just ruin the game" as if devs make changes without thinking

So many are trying to get respawn NOT to add solo mode, its so weird

Like, Im 99% sure theyre working on a solo mode already

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
There's a poll here that lets you pick your favorite Legend to play as, gives some minor insight into pick rates

Bangalore (24%)
Bloodhound (19%)
Wraith (16%)
Lifeline (15%)
Mirage (10%)
Pathfinder (9%)
Gibraltar (4%)
Caustic (3%)

That's a surprise considering I'm level 20 and still don't have enough to even unlock Mirage

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
GaHpy.png

The 90s were truly the golden age of video game advertising.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017

They are making a bunch of stupid remarks like "dont listen to the community, we'll just ruin the game" as if devs make changes without thinking

I think it was data mined and a solo a duo mode was in.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Getting less and less kills the more players are playing on PC. My randoms lately have been playing this like Fortnite and hiding or sneaking around all match then dying instantly because they have no loot from kills or any gunplay practice. It's been less fun for me lately.

A few hours ago Ninja and team were near the end and every other team alive was camping. It was pretty boring to watch.

Anne munition was just won a round and was kill leader with only 3 kills. The entire match it seemed everyone was camping.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Imagining in Feb 2 that a game you've never heard about before would be doing 700k viewers on twitch 10 days later

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

The abilities are geared toward teamplay, especially characters like Lifeline. Solo mode either means some characters are gimped in that mode or they change those team-oriented characters to be balanced for solo mode. I'd rather they just focus on making everything tuned to the team experience instead of compromising the game design to satisfy a bullet list.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
There's no worse feeling in gaming than your teammate picking the busiest spawn location on the map and you can't even find a Mozambique or P2020.

Caustic is probably my favourite Legend so far, his canisters can make flanking really difficult and used during CQC they are very powerful.
His ultimate is great for confirming kills on downed players, scaring people off or as a smokescreen while you patch yourself up.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
There's no worse feeling in gaming than your teammate picking the busiest spawn location on the map and you can't even find a Mozambique or P2020.

Huge problem in the game overall, yes. And If you did find a P2020 you might be okay (I've gotten a few kills with it) but if you get the Mozambique you are fucking screwed.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
The abilities are geared toward teamplay, especially characters like Lifeline. Solo mode either means some characters are gimped in that mode or they change those team-oriented characters to be balanced for solo mode. I'd rather they just focus on making everything tuned to the team experience instead of compromising the game design to satisfy a bullet list.

Solo mode particularly appeals to streamers and is a valuable addition to the game. Less tanking enemies, more straight forward gun fights, and more thrilling moments without the slow down of revives. It just seems obvious that theyll make a solo mode happen. The easiest thing to do would be to disable abilities and make them pick ups for everyone to use. Solo mode itself can bring in a lot of new players.

I'm convinced theyll add it, but it just seems bizarre that people are so on-edge about feedback ruining the game as if a solo mode impedes on the squad mode.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
It's a testament to how good the game is that I'm still sticking with it after 10 (!) soft crashes in the past two days. Deleted and reinstalling, which I would normally never do.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm in a rough place with this game.

I'm not big on competitive MP let alone BR but i feel compelled to stick this out because the level of accessibility makes it very inviting so i'm trying to deal with the growing pains while the game is still new and not every single person/squad is god tier not to mention there's a lot to like about the game.

Mechanically my FPS skills are garbage and im far from great when it comes to tactical decision making, particularly when things have begun to hit the fan. These two things im not particularly worried as im sure it'll gradually get better but also a good squad can make up for these shortcomings a little bit

I want to feel like im contributing though but I really can't seem to resonate with any of the legends and their skills/abilities.

I tend to play defensively and hang back because CQC is pretty much a death sentence for me so a lot of skills can feel useless or at worst, detrimental. At least how i tend to think about them.

Bloodhounds recon skill feels useless if you're not using it to try to help you move up and advance and i don't know how/when to use his ultimate other than when faced with smoke/poison cloud as it's a hard counter to those.

Gibraltar's bubble doesn't do much at close range if you have bad mechanics like me as it does nothing to stop enemies from rushing you. Using it to protect you at medium to long range is good but at that point it also seems like it's better to run away and break line of sight.

Using lifeline's healing is simple enough but i also feel pressure to play aggressively to help ensure my team can push through and win team fights so that we can make use of the healing. Using it during a team fight isn't necessarily good because it promotes clumping and potentially getting wrecked with a grenades/airstrike or the team is too spread out trying to flank and such that it's of no use anyway. I'm also weary about using the care package as i know it alerts nearby enemies.

Haven't tried pathfinder.

Wraith's whole kit is about having good situational awareness which i don't have

I've fucked my team over more often than not with bad smoke grenades from Bangalore

i'm tempted to buy the founders pack to allow me to unlock mirage. His decoy skill recharges really fast and i feel like even playing defensively, it's still a way to potentially help the team by baiting/tricking enemies which, even if just second, could be enough completely flip a bad situation.

TL;DR: I need help lol

Continue to run supports like Pathfinder and Lifeline.

Gibs is another one that is good because of your shield. Sounds like you used these characters a few times and got unlucky. But you'll find as you keep using them there are better ways to utilize their abilities. Remember, this isn't as ability reliant as OW or a MOBA, so find which guns are easiest for you to use and hang onto those.

Since you lack great FPS mechanical skills just be good enough to get carried and you can still contribute. I play with a friend who is ridiculous and I basically just tag along and make sure to watch each others back while they rack up the kills. Think my highest kill total in a match is 7 with like 1500 damage, but in most of my wins I don't have many and my friends are much better than me in that regard.

I use Wriath, Mirage, and haven't really found a 3rd that I like. But I am really good at using my ults to bail us out as Wraith or having teammates crawl through it for a revive and vice versa. I like leaving my teammates with a back door option or an escape route. Mirage I am really good at distracting them and throwing out decoys to bait a team so my boys can clean up. That's not to say that sometimes I do not get the job done myself, but almost all my friends that I play with are better than me. But I try to be as good of a teammate as possible to make up for it. That said, I do have a pretty decent sniper game so that helps for pinning people down.

Just don't give up because you think you suck. Whatever you are good at use that, then find a way to not let your faults get in the way.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Solo mode particularly appeals to streamers and is a valuable addition to the game. Less tanking enemies, more straight forward gun fights, and more thrilling moments without the slow down of revives. It just seems obvious that theyll make a solo mode happen. The easiest thing to do would be to disable abilities and make them pick ups for everyone to use. Solo mode itself can bring in a lot of new players.

I'm convinced theyll add it, but it just seems bizarre that people are so on-edge about feedback ruining the game as if a solo mode impedes on the squad mode.
I wouldn't be surprised if they add it but I think your suggestions on how to make it work shows why I wish they wouldn't because stuff like that just breaks the game -- in general, I don't think many players really understand the ramifications of many of their game design suggestions.

Not all games need to be the same! It's more than ok to be different! Being designed from the ground up around teamplay is, so far, what makes Apex Legends special as a Battle Royale game and I think it'd be a shame if they compromised that unique game design by caving to what some gamers think they want.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Decoy really works, I love it.

Mirage is my dude as well. Love using The Decoy from a hidden defensive position so players give away their location by firing on it. Also works bloody well in CQC e.g. one side of a box and flank with a shotgun to the other side.

If I could only get my weapons familiarity/choices down and my aim in more...

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018
apex-featured-image-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg

Welcome back to the Frontier, Pilots Legends.

Genre: Hero based Battle Royale
Download Size: 31.66 GB (Xbox One), 23.01 GB (PS4), 22 GB (PC)
Developer: Respawn Entertainment
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date: February 4th, 2019
Price: Free-to-Play* (*cosmetic items acquired through in-game or paid currency, new Legends acquired through in-game or paid currency, cosmetic loot boxes acquired through in-game or paid currency, Battle Pass)

- WHAT IS IT? -
Apex Legends is a free-to-play* Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame & fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse Legends, deep tactical squad play and bold new innovations that level up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.

- WHAT IS IT IN NON-PR SPEAK? -
Apex Legends is a squad based Battle Royale FPS developed by Respawn Entertainment. Set in the Titanfall universe, you and two other teammates work to be the last squad standing while utilizing character abilities that do not include Titans or wall-running.

- LEGENDS -
apex-legends-shooter-free-to-play-respawn-entertainment-titanfall-re3.jpg

- MAP -
apex-legends-full-map.jpg

- FAQ FROM RESPAWN -

- JIGGLE'S CUSTOM FAQ -

- TRAILERS -

- RESETERA APEX LEGENDS DISCORD -

JIGGLE'S NOTE: To join the Discord server, reply to Nicole's post and then refresh the page. The link for the server will then be visible and you will be able to join. If you continue to have any problems, Nicole has generously offered to help via DMs. Don't forget to thank her for setting up the server!

- RESETERA APEX LEGENDS CONSOLE CLUBS -
Xbox Club: ApexEra
PlayStation Club: ApexEra

Replying for Discord.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Shroud is raking in the viewers, he's got 4 times the amount of Ninja right now.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
That's happened to me ... exactly once and, I was kind of flattered.

Usually people just message me to tell me I'm shit. :p
Yeah, I've had quite a few now and it's flattering, but I don't really add randoms, and they just all keep wanting to play if I do and I can't play with everyone since it's only 3 in a squad.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
A few hours ago Ninja and team were near the end and every other team alive was camping. It was pretty boring to watch.

Anne munition was just won a round and was kill leader with only 3 kills. The entire match it seemed everyone was camping.

Camping the final circle is fine, especially if there are multiple squads still in play. I'm more talking about people who drop in across the map and running the opposite direction when any amount of shots are heard. So the whole match is one boring slog from the first moment.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they add it but I think your suggestions on how to make it work shows why I wish they wouldn't because stuff like that just breaks the game -- in general, I don't think many players really understand the ramifications of many of their game design suggestions.

Not all games need to be the same! It's more than ok to be different! Being designed from the ground up around teamplay is, so far, what makes Apex Legends special as a Battle Royale game and I think it'd be a shame if they compromised that unique game design by caving to what some gamers think they want.

How does it break the game? How is team play compromised when solo isnt about team play anyway? I dont think it's caving to add solo mode, and it seems more like an obvious way to expand the game's appeal.

It's clear the game is built as a team shooter, but I dont understand how adding solo hurts any of this. Imagine if PUBG started off as an FPP and FPP fans were against adding TPP as if TPP affects the game's enjoyment in FPP. Yet many people play TPP over FPP and vice versa.

If they dont actually intend to add solo, Im not trying to pressure them, I just think solo mode is obviously coming and just dont understand people pushing back on it. And if/when it does come, people are just going to look so silly for being against it, because I assume it's actually going to be a solid enjoyable mode and a mainstay for the game.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
How does it break the game? How is team play compromised when solo isnt about team play anyway? I dont think it's caving to add solo mode, and it seems more like an obvious way to expand the game's appeal.

It's clear the game is built as a team shooter, but I dont understand how adding solo hurts any of this. Imagine if PUBG started off as an FPP and FPP fans were against adding TPP as if TPP affects the game's enjoyment in FPP. Yet many people play TPP over FPP and vice versa.

If they dont actually intend to add solo, Im not trying to pressure them, I just think solo mode is obviously coming and just dont understand people pushing back on it. And if/when it does come, people are just going to look so silly for being against it, because I assume it's actually going to be a solid enjoyable mode and a mainstay for the game.
...your suggestion was to remove abilities and make them work as pickups. The abilities are themed to characters -- so, what, now Bangalore is hearing voices in her head? Gibralter can send out decoys? Wraith can deploy gas even though she doesn't have a gas mask? They'll create all the audiovisual assets to make that work with all the different characters? It just doesn't make sense.

And some abilities like Lifeline's res shield and speed only make sense in a team. If they support multiple modes, they'll be incentivized to make all the characters and abilities viable in all the modes -- if they supported solo out of the gate, Lifeline probably wouldn't exist as she does now. But because the characters are designed around teams, Lifeline can have those abilities. Her skills are the most obvious but a lot of the abilities synergize with teammates -- that's what makes the game special!

You're just dismissing all that and suggesting it's just a feature they can add because other games have it -- what you're not realizing is what those other games decided NOT to include in order to support those features. It's not a coincidence that the game that only has team mode is also the game that has characters and abilities designed around teams.

There are solo BRs for those that want them. Gamers often ask for things that they think they want and it ends up making games worse because gamers aren't game designers. I hope that doesn't happen here.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

HelloMeow

Oct 25, 2017
I think there are only two abilities in the game that would be useless in a solo mode. Lifeline's reviving passive ability and Mirage's downed hologram passive. All other abilities don't seem to depend on team play.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Please stop leaving before your teammates can get your tags. I will get you god dammit. I also went on to win so the teammate who quit thanks for nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.