• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
You're probably getting too excited and hitting R3 in the middle of a firefight. Luckily there are two alternate control schemes that switch melee and crouch, which helps prevent this.

That's what I thought but I don't know... I admit I do get excited in firefights tho haha but I'm positive I'm not pressing R3 (otherwise I should have the same problem with other weapons as well). I'll keep testing, it still my most effective weapon so I won't stop using it for that.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There needs to be a temporary matchmaking ban or an XP loss or something to those who quit at the start. Tired of starting alone or in 2 because someone doesn't like the landing spot.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Oh you too?
Same with me.I've died a lot because of this actually.Weird.

Right? It's weird, I'm starting to believe it's a glitch or something but I'll keep testing.

There needs to be a temporary matchmaking ban to those who quit at the start. Tired of starting alone or in 2 because someone doesn't like the landing spot.

I've done that a couple of times because one member of my squad got disconnected and the game initiates the matchmaking almost immediately.
Our workaround is not confirming right away after coming from a match and wait til everyone is ready on the mics.

But yeah, I can't believe a game launching so fast could be a problem lol.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
I've done that a couple of times because one member of my squad got disconnected and the game initiates the matchmaking almost immediately.
Our workaround is not confirming right away after coming from a match and wait til everyone is ready on the mics.

But yeah, I can't believe a game launching so fast could be a problem lol.

Would also be nice if they set you back to unready if someone in your squad drops.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Watching the Twitch Rivals tournament and I don't see how the gameplay is going to evolve in this (other than new characters.) The game is far too easy for any half-competent FPS player in a decent squad.

In Fortnite the building can be a leveler, and in PUBG you can use flanking/stealth tactics as it's much slower paced. These are reasons why there are both super popular and makes each round tense and unique. In Apex the abilities aren't really enough to negate the actual shooting and each round is basically a 20 minute TDM match.

This is a weird post. It will evolve the same as any other game does. More viable playstyles will appear and disappear as people get better at the games and learn more about it. If you are watching Doc and Summit and Shroud etc play then tht is no way to judge how the meta of a game will play out.

Oct 27, 2017
Lifeline - Play your normal hang back game and support with her Ult to give out gear and use her healing on allies after fights or when allies rally back to you.

Caustic (once unlocked) - Use Tactical Gas as Area denial to protect your back and hold down rooms. Toss Ult forward to support allies in close quarters fights as it's a Damage over Time cloud of gas.

Wraith - Use Tactical to get yourself out of trouble when caught in close quarters. Use Portal Ult to travel to allies and pick them up or provide them a path back to relative safety.

There's lots of options. Don't feel pressured to play the ultra aggressive style that a lot of people try to use. It's not an effective style of play at all unless you're *really* fast and accurate with aiming. It also helps more than you may think for players who use that aggressive style to have someone who has held back who can provide Pings to enemy movement and a possible Res/Revive when they eventually go down.
Super appreciative for the advice. Thanks a bunch.

Would you say caustic is the better unlock option for defensive players like myself?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Has there been any comment from any of the team on the dupe glitch?

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any comment from any of the team on the dupe glitch?
Nope. I think they're intentionally not talking about it to not give it more attention. If it hits the official channels then a lot of people will use it.
The threads about it on reddit have 2-6 comments each. You'd expect it to be on the front page with hundreds of comments. But reddit users are also talking about deleting those threads to not give them attention

Would you say caustic is the better unlock option for defensive players like myself?
As someone who mains him, I'd say no. He has no defensive options to get out of trouble, and has a big hurtbox because of his size. You will be working harder than your opponents to get kills if you're facing them head on. You have to be one step ahead and you map awareness and baiting tactics to make them come to you.
Mirage is much better because you can use his abilities to confuse them and shoot them when they're distracted.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

So I used Mirage the most because I loved the armor ability in Halo that was basically the same thing.

Last night I started using Caustic and my win percentage went up drastically. It really depends on how you like to play. I drop stank in any area a fight could break out in and then I pop them as decoys or unwitting opponents trigger them. It helps you know where people are when the numbers start flying. Also, it's just my opinion but Caustic's ult is SUPER helpful in the final ring as opposed to Mirage's panic ult.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For those who played the Titanfall 2 campaign.

Would playing it improve my weapon aim and usage? Picked it up for $5 on the basis it'll give me more combat time practice then Apex.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Very few feelings better than watching an enemy down you, go into the finisher animation, and then have your buddy come crashing out the side door and blasting him in the face before the animation can finish.

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who mains him, I'd say no. He has no defensive options to get out of trouble, and has a big hurtbox because of his size. You will be working harder than your opponents to get kills if you're facing them head on. You have to be one step ahead and you map awareness and baiting tactics to make them come to you.
Mirage is much better because you can use his abilities to confuse them and shoot them when they're distracted.
So I used Mirage the most because I loved the armor ability in Halo that was basically the same thing.

Last night I started using Caustic and my win percentage went up drastically. It really depends on how you like to play. I drop stank in any area a fight could break out in and then I pop them as decoys or unwitting opponents trigger them. It helps you know where people are when the numbers start flying. Also, it's just my opinion but Caustic's ult is SUPER helpful in the final ring as opposed to Mirage's panic ult.

Decisions decisions lol

Thanks for the help :)

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
For those who played the Titanfall 2 campaign.

Would playing it improve my weapon aim and usage? Picked it up for $5 on the basis it'll give me more combat time practice then Apex.
I don`t think so because most of TFs weapons are hitscan, if I`m not mistaken. But I think, the campaign might improve your movement skills.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between the high TTK, fast movement, really small weapon clips and limited ammo availability, I feel like this game skews heavily in favor of high skilled players.

I feel like one of those things will have to give if they want to keep the low skilled players engaged.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Respawn didnt add dancing emotes because of copyright debacle and not wanting to seem too much like fortnite. Adding dab is kinda wack to me, but adding some kinda emotes would be nice. Especially for BM. Tho, I think the finishers are pretty BM just because when its used, the person is willing to do it even tho it puts them at risk which is disrespect, and its kinda annoying to me when someone finishes me or does it to me. So its a legit BM

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think there should be an exp reward for using your class correctly, like healing others with Lifeline or bamboozling with Mirage.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Nope. I think they're intentionally not talking about it to not give it more attention. If it hits the official channels then a lot of people will use it.
The threads about it on reddit have 2-6 comments each. You'd expect it to be on the front page with hundreds of comments. But reddit users are also talking about deleting those threads to not give them attention
Good to know

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried the duplication, it's super easy to pull off and extremely busted with Lifeline. I only did it for one ultimate then I felt too dirty.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they can iron out the crashes and exploits quickly. Ammo and duplication bugs, as well as under map issues that always get discovered and abused

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
EA announces Apex tournament, Epic responds

giphy.gif

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Luckily I also love Bangalore so I'll go her if someone picks Lifeline.
I'm slowly learning Bangalore. My 2nd choice was Bloodhound but I noticed I play way more aggressively (and not well) when I'm trying to get close to ping and use the Ult. Trying Mirage too as I've been bamboozled too many times to count :/

Status
Not open for further replies.