• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Just won twice in a row with randoms without a headset. There are no better teammates than players who do exactly what I tell them to and watch each others back. Still can´t wait for a solo playlist

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
This might actually get time to do that Twitch Prime trial and then cancel one I have my Apex packs lol

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I've noticed the people with stupidly high kill counts nearly always seem to be lifelines?...

RebornYeti

Oct 28, 2017
After testing various weapon combos, I have found that I really love the R-301/Peacekeeper combo. I can have my long, mid, and short range all in one and it's glorious.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I never post videos of myself, but this match was clutch move after clutch move. I only had saved the last 5 minutes and most of that was me running around looking for loot.

So we dropped into the airship docks with a few other squads and barely escaped, our Mirage killed a few, we did a couple revives, one respawn and ran like hell to beat the storm because we had nothing. Managed to find some medkits and ammo, but not much. We took out the kill leader and their partner as they came up behind us from the storm as well, that was surprising. I tried to get my team to go through that tower thing that takes you up to Hydro Dam but they went left and got in a fire fight, nothing I could do and they died, circle was closing in.

Rest of the match was me hunting for any loot possible as there we got down to just 3 squads, here's the end.

https://youtu.be/qMmhY7lSmDo

0O7PhZ1.jpg
Nice play, that arcstar throw was :chefkiss:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what's really nice about this game? There is no univerally best "meta" loadout.

Ninja is running around with a LMG and a shotgun and playing . Shroud is running around with a 301/99 and a Wingman. MoonMoon is running around with whatever he can get his hands on as he swings in with Pathfinder. Tim is running around with a Scout/Longbow and whatever. Seeing plenty of Triple Takes and other auto weapons. Everyone is maximizing their success with their weapons. And they're all playing different characters.

What a game.

BAH GAWD THAT MAN HAD A FAMILY

Yeap, the weapon balance is fantastic. It's all situational. Different weapons are great with and at different things. I routinely switch weapons and find I have pretty decent success with a range of them. There's not really any one or two weapons that I have to be using.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked and played a little Mirage last night and it was definitely the most fun I had with a Legend other than Lifeline. Think I'll make him my alt, the decoy works miracles honestly. I just have to figure out how to use the ult properly.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I unlocked and played a little Mirage last night and it was definitely the most fun I had with a Legend other than Lifeline. Think I'll make him my alt, the decoy works miracles honestly. I just have to figure out how to use the ult properly.

I am close to unlocking my first one (need another 2k in whatever the currency is called).

I had a ton of fun in Titanfall 2 making people look dumb with the hologram ability. Only difference in Apex there are a lot less corridors to exploit people I feel.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no expert, but I think the ult is really only useful when the enemy can't see you activate it. It never works to escape when you're being shot at.

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
I'm so terrible at this game just terrible. Lol

I'm not gonna say "you'll get better" or "practice" or something like that... My only advice is "enjoy the game"

I have more than ten games. I have like 3 kills. I won my first game yesterday, dead and 0 kills with randoms, but I revived the guy who killed the other teams twice. That was my mayor achievement.

At first I felt frustrated, I couldn't grab loot, I couldn't hit shots (I still can't) and after two games I decided to uninstall... but for some reason I didn't. Next day, I don't know why, I was looking for info about the map, about weapons... and I realized I was thinkig in a game supossedly I didn't like in a genre I don't enjoy!!!

So I kept playing and playing, most games dying in first minutes... but the ones my team gets to top 10 are enjoyable.

I'm still not sure if I will keep playing this game or Overwatch... but at least I'm having fun for now.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Almost every single person i follow on Twitch is playing this.

I've also noticed I get way better pub team mates during late at night than during the day. I played a game right now, and I swear it must have been these people's first gaming experience..

Last night I had a squad that didn't voice chat at all, but they were all on point using the ping system, and we won so easy. Had like 20 kills combined.

Healer

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it's been a long time since I played FPS, which is making the game oh~so~more sweet for me.

I can't hit a barn door, but best way to fix that seems to be to continually drop into contested areas and fight until get gud. Wish me luck.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Almost every single person i follow on Twitch is playing this.

I've also noticed I get way better pub team mates during late at night than during the day. I played a game right now, and I swear it must have been these people's first gaming experience..

Last night I had a squad that didn't voice chat at all, but they were all on point using the ping system, and we won so easy. Had like 20 kills combined.
The general rule of BR games is that they are easy during the day and hard as fuck at night. That's the closest they get to skill-based matchmaking. Playing at 2am is absolutely nothing but sweats.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Man I want to play this game more on PC, but I am so much better on console. Like I am a mediocre player on PC. I'll get kills, win matches, but overall, I'd say I'm okay to good. Console? I consistently win 1v2 and am just overall way better. The aim assist is just insane.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how everyone here is predicting nerfs left and right. Sometimes I have to check that I am not in a fighting game thread lol

"that's gonna get nerfed"
"expect nerfs"
"that's too powerful. def getting a nerf bat"
"I hope you like it because it's gonna get nerfed!"

LMAOO

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Scout, Hemlock, and Wingman are my go to long range weapons. Hemlock single-shot is so damn good, single handedly destroyed a whole squad with it the other day.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Sometimes if you're a bamboozler you gotta bamboozle.

Using the d-pad to pull up the wheel to select things is a real pain in the butt in the moment. I got some paddles for my dualshock and it helps a ton.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I have so many 2nd places already, but I've already heard bunch of friends getting wins.

I think part of this games long term appeal might be it possibly being easier to get to glory given the lower player count.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Gave it another go this weekend, I'm still baaad. I'm beginning to suspect it's not the game but me....
Makes me sad.

Oct 25, 2017
What is the best way to lock FPS in this game if using a GTX 1080TI and 144hz G-Sync monitor without introducing input lag? My FPS runs 100-144 and I need to try and lock it around 100 for consistency.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Whoever mentioned turning down sensitivity on your mouse is a genius. It has improved my play 10 fold. Halving my regular desktop dpi has been a godsend to me.

I am really having a good time with this game and with randoms only, it's really really surprising to me. Only one actual bad experience with two utter arse holes and in level 28 so that's pretty good going I think.

Up to 10 wins now!

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Just had three matches. Died within 5 minutes in all of them. I can't win a 1on1 with a supposedly high tier shotgun. Wtf am I doing wrong?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I PRAY that the battle pass for this game is reasonably priced.

I know a lot of people are super pissed off about the $18 skins but it's nothing new for Battle Royale games, considering Fortnite has $20 skins and PUBG's first batch of cosmetic skins cost around $30 if I'm remembering correctly.

If the BP is around $10-$15 it'll be the sweet spot.

I feel like the airstrike needs a buff. I've hit people multiple times with that thing and never killed anyone.

The airstrikes purpose isn't to kill it's to shell-shock and force people out of cover. When people get shell-shocked by that thing they can hardly see, can't run and can barely jump, they're sitting ducks if you press advantage correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.