• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
One thing is really impressing me so far: all gear has a strong identity. Every weapon feels unique, and the rarity nature of the loot makes playing addictive. In a very short time, I've learned the ins and outs of most weapons/items and characters. I can't say the same about something like PUBG, despite my higher playtime in that game.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what is is about the bot, but I swear my odds of being completely riddled with bullets for a swift death drastically increases when I use pathfinder, nothing about his body suggests a particular egregious hitbox.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Finally found my mojo: Wingman. I finally feel comfortable with a gun and I can usually dish out consistent damage even from a distance.

While I didn't make it out alive, my team finally won a match. I feel partially responsible for the victory because I chipped the last team's health quite a lot and also revived my teammate in the last round between us and #2 squad.

This game is addicting.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Does it make you want to switch to PC?

Just curious. I know a TON of people (friends of younger brothers) who switched from console only gaming to fortnite because of how much better it played on PC. I kind of want to make a thread about it, its an interesting phenomenon

It doesn't make me want to switch over to PC because I have tons of friends I play with on XBL and I also have two X1's (one at home and one at work) so it's easier to play wherever I want and not be locked into a PC setup. But I am jealous of the controls for FPS shooters with a mouse!

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Allow me to present a counterpoint: Ziplines are really fun.
:D

giphy.gif

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Lol.

Jokes aside I enjoy the TTK in this game. You can go down pretty quick with well-placed shots, but it's nearly impossible for someone to outright jump you without you having the chance to shoot back, turn on an ability or something to have a chance of a reversal or an escape. There's a couple issues with the game but TTK isn't one of them.
unless they got a kraber

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
Is it me or this is laggy at the moment? I am in europe and have pretty bad ping to all data centers :(

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Noob question here: I'm using Peacekeeper since I started playing, it's one of my favourite weapons but I have a problem: Most of the time between each shot I'm doing a melee attack and it kills me more times that I'd want to admit.

Initially I thought I was hitting R3 without noticing but I'm positive I'm not. My new theory is that if you hit R2 to shoot before the weapon is ready for a second shot, it triggers a melee attack instead. It's a streach but I don't know what's causing it...

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know when the Twitch tournament starts? Or even if theres a good stream to watch it on?

Sorry, I'm completely new to watching streams

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my first win, with 2 random, Arabic speaking team mates. The ping system is a phenomenal addition to this game.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know when the Twitch tournament starts? Or even if theres a good stream to watch it on?

Sorry, I'm completely new to watching streams

It starts at ~4:40est, so about 4 and a half hours from now.

It seems similar to Friday Fortnite where it isn't a direct competition with others, but more about teams playing normal matches with tracking on their kills and wins so most of the streamers will be there to watch, and the main PlayApex stream will likely be jumping around looking for highlights.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
It's been a long time since a BR had me anxious to leave work early just to play. I'm having a blast with this game. For once, a BR with a high skill ceiling, finally. There's room to improve in like every aspect of this game except looting which is so simple and streamlined that it's by far the best looting in any BR

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
It starts at ~4:40est, so about 4 and a half hours from now.

It seems similar to Friday Fortnite where it isn't a direct competition with others, but more about teams playing nornal
matches with tracking on their kills and wins so most of the streamers will be there to watch, and the main PlayApex stream will likely be jumping around looking for highlights.

That sounds pretty cool actually. I've only seen Shroud and DrDisrespect play and its been a lot of fun. Could easily see myself going down the rabbit hole for these tournament style matches.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
I never post videos of myself, but this match was clutch move after clutch move. I only had saved the last 5 minutes and most of that was me running around looking for loot.

So we dropped into the airship docks with a few other squads and barely escaped, our Mirage killed a few, we did a couple revives, one respawn and ran like hell to beat the storm because we had nothing. Managed to find some medkits and ammo, but not much. We took out the kill leader and their partner as they came up behind us from the storm as well, that was surprising. I tried to get my team to go through that tower thing that takes you up to Hydro Dam but they went left and got in a fire fight, nothing I could do and they died, circle was closing in.

Rest of the match was me hunting for any loot possible as there we got down to just 3 squads, here's the end.

https://youtu.be/qMmhY7lSmDo

0O7PhZ1.jpg

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Got yelled at by some brazilian dudes who were my teammates while playing my first game. Got 4 kills and we won. But i didn't know how to push to talk or what the keyboard shortcut is for type chat. Any help with that?

I am playing on PC with a DS4 controller. (Dont hate) so what would be the push to voice chat button on that?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
480k on twitch and the NA tournament not even started so doc, shroud not even online and lirik playing spellbreaker atm

Oct 26, 2017
California
Can you even ever see yourself as the Champion of a match, or do you always see some other squad so everyone gets a chance at the champion slayer bonus?
Because goddamn I've had some stellar wins but never get called Champion the round after. Bums me out lol.

What is the requirement for being Champion, then? Just have a higher score in the round before than anyone joining the new game?
Not sure exactly. I got named champion along with my teammates in the party we had just formed, though I came in 2nd the prior match with randoms.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I never post videos of myself, but this match was clutch move after clutch move. I only had saved the last 5 minutes and most of that was me running around looking for loot.

So we dropped into the airship docks with a few other squads and barely escaped, our Mirage killed a few, we did a couple revives, one respawn and ran like hell to beat the storm because we had nothing. Managed to find some medkits and ammo, but not much. We took out the kill leader and their partner as they came up behind us from the storm as well, that was surprising. I tried to get my team to go through that tower thing that takes you up to Hydro Dam but they went left and got in a fire fight, nothing I could do and they died, circle was closing in.

Rest of the match was me hunting for any loot possible as there we got down to just 3 squads, here's the end.

https://youtu.be/qMmhY7lSmDo

0O7PhZ1.jpg
Well well well. Look at you... winning and shit. Think youre tough now, huh? I bet you think youre hot shit. I'll tell you what: Try this with no guns next time!

See how well you do!

Lol just kidding. Great hustle. And wtf was that guy doing crouching in the bushes lmfao

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I've had a couple wins but still haven't found a character that I really really like. Caustic is fun for shutting things down, but I want more of an offensive character. Tried a couple of others but just haven't clicked with one yet.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I've had a couple wins but still haven't found a character that I really really like. Caustic is fun for shutting things down, but I want more of an offensive character. Tried a couple of others but just haven't clicked with one yet.

Mirage is fun. Decoy is very good for spotting enemies and confusing people in a fight.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
You know what's really nice about this game? There is no univerally best "meta" loadout.

Ninja is running around with a LMG and a shotgun and playing . Shroud is running around with a 301/99 and a Wingman. MoonMoon is running around with whatever he can get his hands on as he swings in with Pathfinder. Tim is running around with a Scout/Longbow and whatever. Seeing plenty of Triple Takes and other auto weapons. Everyone is maximizing their success with their weapons. And they're all playing different characters.

What a game.

Hey guys I made this video I hope it helps you bring out your inner martial artist.

BAH GAWD THAT MAN HAD A FAMILY

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Caustic spam in the final circle always works. I nearly botched it too, lmao, then again it was my first match with increased sensitivity and FOV. Not sure I want to use it in the future, we'll see.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's really nice about this game? There is no univerally best "meta" loadout.

Ninja is running around with a LMG and a shotgun and playing . Shroud is running around with a 301/99 and a Wingman. MoonMoon is running around with whatever he can get his hands on as he swings in with Pathfinder. Tim is running around with a Scout/Longbow and whatever. Seeing plenty of Triple Takes and other auto weapons. Everyone is maximizing their success with their weapons. And they're all playing different characters.

What a game.
I've noticed that barring a little bit of garbage (Mozambique lol) the weapons are surprisingly balanced. I think that's part of the reason it is blowing up so quick, there are so many different viable playstyles.

MonkeySleeve

Nov 15, 2017
SHame that if your outside of the circle, downed, and your teammate is reviving you, the damage you take will still be lethal if he doesn't revive you in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.