• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It's a little hard to decipher but each season has icons for battle pass, legend, weapons, loot under "includes"
This is correct: the bigger graphics at the top are a key. Each season contains a battle pass, new legends, new weapons, new loot.
Yeah, I just noticed that now. So that means new legends every new season? So that seems that we'll get 4 new legends by the end of the year. Unless they do 2 a season.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
Only thing I really dislike about this game is how the squad size is 3.

Feels like 90% of other games have some kind of multiple of 2 for squad size (or at least allow for 4 people in a party). As it stands one of us in our group of friends is always left out :(

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
did I read somewhere in this thread that the mentioned new characters next month in conjunction with the battle pass? Anyone got a link to the tweet announcing that?

In yesterday's Week 1 recap on the EA site, Zampella wrote "Don't forget, Season One kicks off in March, introducing the debut of our Battle Pass as well as new Legends, weapons, loot, and more."

Link: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/apex-legends-25-million-players (Quote is the third bullet about halfway down the page)

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I just noticed that now. So that means new legends every new season? So that seems that we'll get 4 new legends by the end of the year. Unless they do 2 a season.
Given each legend has a huge amount of voice acting and skins, let alone initial design and balancing work, I'd guess one a season is what they're aiming for.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, thanks.

Absolutely loving this. Put a decent bit of time with PUBG but found too many issues to count.

For Apex, though, the gunplay, the map, colour-coded system, the pinging, the team work, the respawn mechanics, it's all fantastic. Can see myself playing this for a long while.
The hotzone circles move, but the High Tier loot areas are always the same.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Only thing I really dislike about this game is how the squad size is 3.

Feels like 90% of other games have some kind of multiple of 2 for squad size (or at least allow for 4 people in a party). As it stands one of us in our group of friends is always left out :(
Yeah and it doesn't feel flexible in the way you can do duo, 3 man squad, full squad etc depending on who is on in other BRs.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
50% of the time the game starts with laggy or slow movements and it gets progressively better as the match goes on. This gets really fucking annoying in the beginning. Anyone else experience this? Ps4 pro btw.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Could just have been bad luck (or because the game is picking up in popularity) but I've been matched with a lot of trash the last few matches. People breaking off from the group immediately, no one pinging anything, running away from the group without setting a location. One kid ran off, gets killed and screams into his mic over and over to pick him up :/

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone at Respawn acknowledged the duplication glitch yet? Because it also works on medpacks, syringes, shield cells or phoenix kits. The game got a whole lot easier. Keep an ultimate accelerant, a phoenix kit, an arc star, a battery and a syringe and you're set for the whole game.

They needed to have patched it like yesterday.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still think randomizing the tiers for each location would make it more fun. It's a gamble after all. Just keep the hot zone consistent with legendary weapons for your immediate action/drops.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like "unloaded a whole clip" is becoming a meme at this point. No the gun doesnt suck, your aim does. Theres only like 1 gun which cant kill with a full clip hitting the enemy

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
This is a serious question - is it even possible for console players to play as aggressively (and successfully) as Shroud since we don't use a M/KB and our reaction times are limited to the speed of which our look sensitivity and controller is set up? I feel like he will jump right into a hairy situation, get pegged, do a 180 and GTF outta there in milliseconds whereas I would've been dead in seconds on console. BTW - I'm fully aware that this IS Shroud we're talking about here and he's a beast no matter what the platform. I'm 100% never gonna be on his level but his playstyle is super inspiring.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like "unloaded a whole clip" is becoming a meme at this point. No the gun doesnt suck, your aim does. Theres only like 1 gun which cant kill with a full clip hitting the enemy

You'd be right but there are occasional server issues. It happened to me once that I unloaded a whole round into a guy because he was literally inches away from me and I'm certain I haven't missed a single shot, yet it only did like 80 damage. It was one of those "slow motion lag" matches, so there's that.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Got another win last night. It was close. Both my teammates were downed and same with the other squad. It became a 1 on 1 match in the bunker hallway. I am glad I had the triple take which is amazing.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Shroud also mentioned on his stream that 2 new legends are coming pretty soon.

He along with other partners must have been testing them already.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
This is a serious question - is it even possible for console players to play as aggressively (and successfully) as Shroud since we don't use a M/KB and our reaction times are limited to the speed of which our look sensitivity and controller is set up? I feel like he will jump right into a hairy situation, get pegged, do a 180 and GTF outta there in milliseconds whereas I would've been dead in seconds on console. BTW - I'm fully aware that this IS Shroud we're talking about here and he's a beast no matter what the platform. I'm 100% never gonna be on his level but his playstyle is super inspiring.
Everyone has the same advantages and disadvantages by playing on console, so yes you can still be super aggressive, but just know you won't look as cool as shroud does when he plays, the quick turns and twitch reactions aren't as easy with controller.

You can try turning your sensitivity up super high if you feel good enough.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Started the match with a player dc'd before character select, but we played through anyway. The two of us ended up winning with no downs, and we both got the gold helm + armour achievement. This is a feel good morning.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Any fan made aggregate stat tracking websites out there yet? I know Rocket League uses a bunch, it's a great way to check your skills and see where you are underperforming...

I think that's gotta be my only complaint so far - the lack of a big, comprehensive stats page all in one spot.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to see a net graph in this game of ping/fps?
It's the Source engine, so I think sticking "+cl_showfps 1" in the launch options (without the quotes) should do it. The Origin launcher also has an FPS counter somewhere in its settings.

Why there isn't an actual option for this in-game, I do not know.

Edit: The other thing you can do is see which server you connect to by default. Boot the game, don't go past the splash screen, then wait 30-60 seconds. Go to quit, then cancel out. A new option should appear that lets you see a list of servers and your ping to each.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Played with a couple randoms last night and knew on the launch screen of one match we were likely to win just by looking at the stats. One guy even joked he had more headshots than I had kills with mirage. We didn't really even stay all that close as at team at some points of the match; however we all had mics and that was the key to winning this one I feel. I could easily call out what direction people were coming from and these two were killing machines. Especially in skull town were multiple groups were mid match.

I only had one kill but with decent amount of damage. They both had 11 kills each but did commented I was instrumental in the win! There is great randoms out there and don't just lose hope in the match when you see people split off. It can work, especially if there is coordinstion. You may have too adjust your style if needed on some of these matches though. I typically hung nearby one of them to try to do recon and get angles if we were jumped on.

Ended up with two wins for the night. This game is really going to hit it's stride with more legends and have more ability combinations. I wonder if that is what they are waiting on before launching possibly another mail and increasing squad and player count?

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
I don't want skill based matchmaking, but in the absence of solos/duos I'd like it if they put people who grouped up together and not against people who queue solo.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Everyone has the same advantages and disadvantages by playing on console, so yes you can still be super aggressive, but just know you won't look as cool as shroud does when he plays, the quick turns and twitch reactions aren't as easy with controller.

You can try turning your sensitivity up super high if you feel good enough.

That's a good point actually - everyone else is relatively handicapped on console in that regard. The nice thing is that turning sensitivity can be set differently to ADS sensitivity.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a reminder to those who are having struggle unlocking the "one win with each of the 8 characters" achievement, once there will be more characters it's more likely you'll find more you can handle well if you have issues with some of the current ones.

Then again as time goes by, the general level of the playfield will likely increase, so in a sense winning will be more and more difficult.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want skill based matchmaking, but in the absence of solos/duos I'd like it if they put people who grouped up together and not against people who queue solo.
I think they should have skill base match making but make it broad as possible. Having people that never won a match ever in a match with Shroud or KR is ridiculous.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I figure this is a long shot since this thread moves so fast but anyone know anything about ripping audio from Respawn games? I'm a music producer and wanted to add some of these voicelines and sfx to a sample board.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
Damn that was a good ass much 5 kills quickly then it froze when I tried to loot them I got salty xD, But Hemlock on single fire is the greatest weapon there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.