• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Fan

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Played with a buddy of mine for a few matches last night. Nearly every game ended up as just the 2 of us because the 3rd would split off on launch and get mauled in a hot zone. Placed in the top 5 in every match. Haven't actually won a match yet but still have a hard time putting the game down.

Also, I noticed that there are a finite number of drones scattered around the map that drop high-tier loot when you destroy them. (they look like the little robots that explode when you open Apex packs). Thought that was pretty neat.

Yeah, it's so rewarding when you spot one of them, because the map is huge.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm is there a mobile fork of Source? I think it might be a lot of work to get this engine to run there.
I love everything about this game except for the engine. It has poor graphics and performance compared to Frostbite and Unreal. I hope the game's massive success helps them get the resources required to switch.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Switched from Lifeline to Bloodhound last night and got as many kills in 4 matches as I had in my last 40 (which is still only a few, but hey). Not sure whether that's down to character or just getting better at the game, but I do like Bloodhound's passive. Literally tracked down a Wraith who was trying to flank my squad and wiped her out from behind.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The Mozambique is trash but the game overall has a big problem with guns being viable across the board. I unloaded a whole R99 clip into someone yesterday and they lived. The only guns I've seen really do serious work are:

- Hemlock
- Spitfire
- R301close range
- Peacekeeper
- Prowler

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The Mozambique is trash but the game overall has a big problem with guns being viable across the board. I unloaded a whole R99 clip into someone yesterday and they lived. The only guns I've seen really do serious work are:

- Hemlock
- Spitfire
- R301close range
- Peacekeeper
- Prowler

You can add Wingman there too, at the very least.

I don't know why people are shitting on EVA too. It's been more consistent than Peacekeeper for me.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017

- Hemlock
- Spitfire
- R301close range
- Peacekeeper
- Prowler
You're using R99 wrong then. It's the deadliest CQC weapon in the game.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Random Thoughts

-Game is awesome
-Map is very well done.
-Mozambique is trash
-Lifeline has the cutest and the best skins.
-Some legendary skins aren't that great.
-I don't trust all those "this weapon it the best ,you should try it".For me,peacekeeper is awfull-i can't do anything with it-,and one of the best weapon is the longbow.So...
-Frag grenades are great.
-Baegalore is awesome.
-Mirage is funny
-Caustic can be very scary.
-I think Pathfinder's ultimate is maybe the weakest.
-I am not really good at the game,but sometimes i still feel that i've done something useful in a game.
-i am not really happy that you don't get a new apex pack with each new level.Sad.
-Moar female legends plz.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Just played with a Lifeline who didn't heal us once or use her ult all game. I admit, she could shoot but in the end it cost us because I kept having to use stims to stay alive and she was too gung-ho. Like, what excuse do you have for not using pressing LB all game?
Randoms can be dumb most of the time. Like they forget they have abilities. Last night I played with two randoms, one was a team player and the other was a garbage lone wolf. The garbage lone wolf died just after 10 mins in! Me and the other good random stuck together and we actually pulled a win. It's the first time I'm happy that someone left the squad right after they died.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All these comments on YouTube saying this is gonna kill Fortnite like we haven't heard this before. I know it's free but cmon.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I'm buzzing in getting this before work this morning, 0.08% club!

8PGFhI3.jpg

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Single-fire Hemlock is really good, just be accurate with that thing and you can down people really quickly.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these comments on YouTube saying this is gonna kill Fortnite like we haven't heard this before. I know it's free but cmon.

This is the same song and dance that Fortnite had around PUBG. Yeah, Twitch numbers and such are in Fortnite's favour, but given how ridiculously huge PUBG still is in Asia, Fortnite didn't kill PUBG, anywhere near it in fact. Besides, Apex will only be truly comparable once it starts popping up on mobile and Switch as well. Then we can see who can keep the higher playerbases. But the only thing that can currently kill Fortnite is Fortnite itself probably given its ridiculous mainstream and pop culture presence.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I tried this for the first time on PS4 last night. I'm definitely still new to this type of game (don't play much FPS in general), but I enjoyed the short time I had with it. My very first match after the tutorial phase, when my teammates and I landed on a location, they took all the guns and left me with nothing. Wasn't fast enough I guess, lol.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
They've done a great job making this game 100% skill based. I can't count the number of times i've gotten 2nd place only to get wrecked by the final squad - usually a group of guys with 500-600 kills each. If you run into a skilled squad you stand virtually zero chance unless another group runs in to help out.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
Prowler with the full auto attachment is beast. I was melting people hipfiring with that last night.

I usually like to keep a Flatline for upclose, but if I can find the auto mod, I'm keep that prowler. All 3 of my wins yesterday I used it. Wiped the final squad solo with it in my 3rd win. LOVE THIS GAME!

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love everything about this game except for the engine. It has poor graphics and performance compared to Frostbite and Unreal. I hope the game's massive success helps them get the resources required to switch.
They're not going to "switch" the engine for this game. That'd be insane. Their next game will almost certainly be using Frostbite though.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

- Hemlock
- Spitfire
- R301close range
- Peacekeeper
- Prowler
Longbow, r-99, scout, Eva, devotion, and triple take are all good.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
did I read somewhere in this thread that the mentioned new characters next month in conjunction with the battle pass? Anyone got a link to the tweet announcing that?

Guedezilla

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm actually getting the gist of it, from some days ago to yesterday I managed to grab my first two wins.
First one I pretty much served as bait and then helped push for the last kill, my second one I was actually active with scouting and pumping damage onto people, It really is a damn thrill.

Hoping they keep up with console support, I can see myself dumping quite a lot of hours on this one.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
did I read somewhere in this thread that the mentioned new characters next month in conjunction with the battle pass? Anyone got a link to the tweet announcing that?
They released this Year 1 Roadmap. Edit: Actually I might be reading that wrong and each season contains new legends, new weapons and loot or it's split up individually. I dunno. :S
apex-legends-battle-pass-seasonal-content-roadmap-720x720.jpg

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
They released this Year 1 Roadmap. But it seems it's actually June for the new legends, so I dunno.
yeah that's all I saw, but it was either in this thread or the 25 mil thread that someone mentioned seeing a tweet about new legends coming in March, it was late last night so I can't remember where I saw it lol

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The roadmap has confused a lot of people, including my friends, with its layout.

Each season will bring us a new battlepass, weapons, legends and loot. Not 1 each per season. So expect a new legend in Season 1 next month.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
They released this Year 1 Roadmap. Edit: Actually I might be reading that wrong and each season contains new legends, new weapons and loot or it's split up individually. I dunno. :S
It's a little hard to decipher but each season has icons for battle pass, legend, weapons, loot under "includes"

Status
Not open for further replies.