• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the deal with the airstrike? Me and another guy were in a squad doing really well, we made it to the very end, and then the enemy just calls an airstrike down on top of us and kills us to win the match. Just massive unavoidable explosions. Am I missing something or is this bullshit?

Gibraltar and Bangalore both have Ultimates that involve an airstrike (I think Gibraltar's has been found to be somewhat more effective). Basically just try to keep in mind that especially towards the end of a match, an opponent might be lining you up for one.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Omg, I just followed a Bangalore off the side of the map. Chasing her down as she was running with only a sliver of health, and she jumps off the edge of what I thought was a level, only we both ended up in the sea lol.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
wow, the game will auto switch weapons for you when you're completely out of ammo

this lost me a firefight since i had no idea it did that so i kept switching to an empty gun

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Enemies can't see pings but won't they say "I've been spotted" when an enemy tags them? That would give away that they've been spotted to the team.
I don't think so. Wraith has voice lines when someone aims at her, and i think that's the closest thing to what you're describing

there is, im almost positive, absolutely zero mechanical disincentive to pinging

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I think, I´m done with this game. Today, for at least 15 matches in a row, I had the pleasure to play with random teammates who run like idiots with nothing but a pistol equipped at whole squads and die instantly, lone wolves who get killed the moment they encounter an opponent, teammates who don`t give a fuck about pinging and other bullshit. Most of these matches didn`t last longer than two minutes.
Sometimes I managed to kill a complete squad after they downed my teammates, sometimes I ran away from them or hid and waited till they leave, so I could collect my teammates banner while they were yelling at me. My favorite one was a guy who constantly wrote "TAKE OUR SOULS!" like he copied & pasted that line, while I was dealing with a squad, lol.
No, thanks. I really enjoyed Apex for the first two days and I think it`s a brilliant game but it has become pure frustration and a waste of time for me.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so. Wraith has voice lines when someone aims at her, and i think that's the closest thing to what you're describing

there is, im almost positive, absolutely zero mechanical disincentive to pinging
I believe this is correct. Aside from Wraith's passive, the "Warn Teammates" prompt only comes up when you're fired upon.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe

Word. I just recall hearing Lifeline on my team in a bunch of matches saying "I've been spotted" and I wonder what exactly it is that triggers that.

Maybe I'm tripping.. I'm not sure now. Maybe I'm confusing it with "enemy spotted"

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coming across some real chicken-shit teammates who are afraid to engage even when the odds are in our favour. I hope in time these players know when it's ok to engage

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't decide if I want to unlock Caustic or save the points for the inevitable new heroes.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think this game isn't for me. I don't know if I just suck or if everyone on PC is god tier or both or what.

But failing hard for 15+ runs is just not fun.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they can bring back the Network feature from Titanfall 2 so that I can at least matchmake with like minded players. I know with this game getting super popular with the streamer crowd, we're going to see a ton of toxic kids. I stopped playing Fortnite in part because nearly every game paired me with a toxic party of 3, and they were always teenagers or pre-teens. It was super rare to find other adults. Also why I stopped playing Siege on console.

unAimed

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they can bring back the Network feature from Titanfall 2 so that I can at least matchmake with like minded players. I know with this game getting super popular with the streamer crowd, we're going to see a ton of toxic kids. I stopped playing Fortnite in part because nearly every game paired me with a toxic party of 3, and they were always teenagers or pre-teens. It was super rare to find other adults. Also why I stopped playing Siege on console.
Hop onto the eralegends discord (link is somewhere in this thread) - met only chill people there. Way better than randoms

Monsieur Paul

Oct 27, 2017
So,
I'm an old gamer who doesn't like BR games, F2P and virtual coins either and flees from squad games with random.

I spent the weekend playing this game and I bought some coins to get Caustic...

I play on PS4 on evening Montreal time. PSN: monsieur_paul

Feel free to add me. I suck but I play team.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
Thanks for the tier list on the legends.

Could someone be so kind as to make a tier list for the weapons . After a few games I have no idea what weapons are worth keeping or getting rid of. Much appreciated (:

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I give up playing with randoms, 95% of my teammates play like they are mentally disadvantaged. I don`t mind players who aren`t that good at aiming or strafing but atleast try to contribute to the team by not being a total dipshit.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I give up playing with randoms, 95% of my teammates play like they are mentally disadvantaged. I don`t mind players who aren`t that good at aiming or strafing but atleast try to contribute to the team by not being a total dipshit.
I just unknowingly chastised someone for breaking off from our team and subsequently getting killed. Turns out it's some ~12 year old kid and his dad playing together, but the Dad stayed with me. Whoops. I wasn't super harsh or anything but I still felt bad, haha.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I just unknowingly chastised someone for breaking off from our team and subsequently getting killed. Turns out it's some ~12 year old kid and his dad playing together, but the Dad stayed with me. Whoops. I wasn't super harsh or anything but I still felt bad, haha.

They need to implement some sort of skill based matchmaking so I atleast have the chance to get some decent team mates. I don´t care if I have to play against sweaties because getting bad teammates kills any fun I could have with this game.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
If a team mate doesn't land with the drop leader, I will instantly leave a game.

Just having 3 people together is a huge advantage.

I hope people learn.

(I'm not talking about the people that land on the next building over, I'm talking about the people that land way away.)

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
My friends and I are about to jump in now, few minutes left on the download. Interested to see if it lives up to the hype.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Week update thing practically confirms more than one new legend and more than one new weapon in march, woooo.

Hurting Bomb

Oct 28, 2017
Got absolutely rinsed tonight!

Everybody seems to play it super aggressive now, to the point where any kind of precision weapons/play seems pointless.

Might have just been a bad night.....

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Pings are not shown to enemy. I think Bloodhound's skill might, though -- they may see the expanding orange circle and can triangulate your position. Need confirmation though.

Ive definitely seen an enemy Bloodhound ping me. I was solo at the end vs 1 last squad, and saw him ping me with his tac.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
but what if they land and instantly run off to their death?

honestly having 3 people is pretty much an utopia, i am happy if at least 1 of my mates isnt suicidal

In my last two games the first jumpleader went straight into the ocean and in the next game the jumpleader landed on the big rocks out of bound and stayed there untill he died. If I could slap people through the internet I would.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Got on a winning squad earlier, that was fun. Was just in another and had the game crash at the final 2 squads and we looked geared to win again. That was not fun.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Won my sixth game for today. Including 3 in a row from earlier. It's weird, one moment you can rack up wins seemingly fairly easily, then other times you can go several rounds without even getting close, usually when you get jumped on mid scavange or get pinned between two squads lol.

I can't even believe we won the last game (myself and two randoms), as another squad beat me to my drop off point and I had to land literally directly behind them. I just hid behind this container within metres of them, whilst they ran around looting all around me lol. My other squad mates were across the other side of the station. I marked the enemies as they left me, and then my other team mates engaged them. Picked up the first weapon I could and we cleaned up. From then on we just kept killing squad after squad. I think our squad had 20 kills between us, all roughly even.

Gat damn. Well deserved. 2 million concurrent! Phew.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had 2 hard crashes today, one where my squad was in the final 3. Really hope they iron out these kinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.