• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I use F for marking enemies and melee on my thumb mouse button.

That's the default for F, right? I'll bind it to that too, it's hard to MMB-double-click tag enemies sometimes when they surprise you.

When should you use Lifeline's ult? I'm always afraid to use it as I think it puts a giant bulls-eye on our location

When you're on the move or close to clearing out a location, e.g. when you can just grab the stuff from the drop and bolt is good.

But unless you're hiding, try to use it asap anyway. You can get a ton of good stuff from those.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this was intentional. They didn't want people one or two-shotting each other from across the map. This game rewards movement and speed at the expense of camping. But I agree that, toward the end game, the TTK is so high that you have to use shotguns or full auto rifles to have a chance to down someone.
I think I'd rather that proper sniper rifles just spawn very rarely across the map and have the ability to two/three shot people rather than sniper rifles kind of being useless in general. There's really zero reason to keep one on hand once you reach mid game and the circle gets tight enough to the point where ARs do the trick better.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
This game is really making me want a new GPU.

GTX 1070

At 1080p, with a mix of med/high and fov at 100 I'm getting ~75-85fps most of the time. I really like having 90-100 at a minimum because I really feel the chug below that, even with GSync. The performance gain from turning down the features is not so great for the decrease in visuals.

Maybe I'll put a bit of work in to OC.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
When should you use Lifeline's ult? I'm always afraid to use it as I think it puts a giant bulls-eye on our location

A friend of mine basically mains her and me and our other teammate (assuming they're still alive) usually provide cover for her while she does it. She only uses it when she's reasonably sure we're alone and/or we have someplace to escape to if we're spotted.

Oct 25, 2017
That's its weakness. I've had situations where I'm moving and see one come in, wait and see the enemies flock to it, and take them down easy enough if I've a decent squad.

It's more just luck if you get seen with it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How to detect Fortnite players: They don't know how to knock doors down.

Bonus: Naruto is here.

Omg, that first one was hilarious. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities. I wonder how many people don't know about kicking the door lol.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
I'm really enjoying the game. Had one win so far and that was with one other random. The other team mate died right at the start and quit. Quite getting into Mirage. Wish i had like minded people to play with that don't take it too seriously.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I've put a few hundred hours into PUBG and just started to dabble in this yesterday. It feels like a fun, low-stress alternative. It doesn't have the highs of PUBG but it also doesn't have the crushing lows either. I think SMGs are pretty much ass and they need to modify the jump mechanics because it seems like everyone jumps early and glides instead of jump late and dive quickly. But it's a fun game and a surprise given that it came out so suddenly.

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
Seeing some of these plays with the Arc Star, how are we ranking ordinances in terms of usefulness, especially when the game comes down to the smaller circles?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
To me it's the whole BR genre. I had the same feeling when Fortnite's BR released. I think the chemical releases in your body BR's give you when you win or almost win are something no other game type does. Being number 1 out of 100 (or 60) people is thrilling. Winning a 6 on 6 MP match in other games is fun and all, going on big kill streaks is great, etc. But there is something about being the lone winner of a huge pool of people that is so much different.

Tack on that the game is polished helps of course.

There's also the inherent gambling aspect to looting in a Battle Royale. There's always that bit of excitement as you look for rare loot in an area.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns have a little bit too much range.

I admit this, knowing the Peacekeeper and Mastiff are my favorite guns.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing some of these plays with the Arc Star, how are we ranking ordinances in terms of usefulness, especially when the game comes down to the smaller circles?

Arc Star is leaps and bounds above the others, imo. Regular grenades are alright for clearing out houses and smoking enemies out of their cover too. The incendiary one kind of sucks, I tend to just dump those.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017

I downed a whole squad tonight by trapping them in a doorway with a thermite grenade. Thought they were kinda weak before that.

JakeG4

Oct 25, 2017
3 wins in the last 5 games, seem to be on a roll tonight, all as kill leader too. Anyone down for some PS4?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm hitching every two or three seconds today, don't think I've changed any settings. Anyone else getting that too?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao the Easy Anti-cheat window that pops up when launching Apeleg on PC is titled "Respawn Demo".

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I actually think all three are equally good.

Arc star is great for taking out single enemies. Area of effect damage is minimum and you have to be precise, but the sticking nature and overall damage makes it great for taking out single enemies.

Grenade has low to medium area of effect spread, but strong damage. Great for doing damage to one or more enemies, especially in a room, a narrow hall, a funnel point etc.

Whilst Thermite does less damage than the others, it has a huge area of effect and the thermite stays active for several seconds, unlike the others, thus doing prolonged damage. It's great for if you want to pin down enemies, or leave a particular spot hazardous to enemies for a prolonged period of time, eg in a room, around a care package, a downed enemy, an enemy crate etc. You can use it not only to damage enemies, but control the movement and position of enemies due to how long the burning lasts.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Got a Mastiff mid game, didn't realise you could get it that early. Won the match, people really should keep their distance when you have that thing lol.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
This game is really making me want a new GPU.

GTX 1070

At 1080p, with a mix of med/high and fov at 100 I'm getting ~75-85fps most of the time. I really like having 90-100 at a minimum because I really feel the chug below that, even with GSync. The performance gain from turning down the features is not so great for the decrease in visuals.

Maybe I'll put a bit of work in to OC.
I have an intel 8400 and a 1070 Ti, I'm playing in Ultrawide (2560x1080) and have just about everything on low expect AA and the lowest 3 settings which I believe are on High, I'm getting an average of around 100-120 FPS.

I don't think most settings are worth it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

Arc star is great for taking out single enemies. Area of effect damage is minimum and you have to be precise, but the sticking nature and overall damage makes it great for taking out single enemies.

Grenade has low to medium area of effect spread, but strong damage. Great for doing damage to one or more enemies, especially in a room, a narrow hall, a funnel point etc.

Whilst Thermite does less damage than the others, it has a huge area of effect and the thermite stays active for several seconds, unlike the others, thus doing prolonged damage. It's great for if you want to pin down enemies, or leave a particular spot hazardous to enemies for a prolonged period of time, eg in a room, around a care package, a downed enemy, an enemy crate etc. You can use it not only to damage enemies, but control the movement and position of enemies due to how long the burning lasts.
This is a pretty good analysis of the 3.

If I had to rank them though i'd probably say Grenade > Thermite > Arc Star but they can all be useful and are all very situational.
I really wish they'd give us the ability to cook grenades, would make them infinitely more useful.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Omg, that first one was hilarious. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities. I wonder how many people don't know about kicking the door lol.
Had a great moment last night where my teammate was being chased by a dude, so I cut through a building and got to the door just as the enemy was running in front. I kicked it open, accidentally punched him, and then blew him away with a peacekeeper. It was all Terminator jokes from there on out that match. Also helped that I was playing Pathfinder.

Arkaine

Oct 30, 2017
Well that was a nerve wrecking game of Apex. Enemy downed our team mate and we were being surrounded. They almost downed me, but i shot some smoke and managed to use a Phoenix Kit., phew. Killed the last enemy, i saw that he was going to flank us and i crouched behind a crate, supplies!

I really enjoy this game and i'm even considering upgrading my pc!

moeppel

Oct 26, 2017
got my first win with randoms today \ô/

but only 15 damage and 0 kills... neither of us got knocked down either :D was dropping the lifeline ult a lot. after 40 games finally a win, feels good :)

Oct 27, 2017
If we don't get a Legend that can throw Ticks in the near future and if that ability isn't called "Spicy Bois" I will be disappointed.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
apexlegends_201902111n5j5u.png

BOOM !

First champion first day playing the game :p

Really love this so far.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017

I kinda disagree with this. Arc star is the best because of it's AOE stun effect, Grenade is second because of it's radius and damage but has a very long fuse, Thermite is useless and I no longer use it.

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I'm getting stuck in the title screen with a spinning circle today - I'm on PC. Restarting Origin and the game isn't helping. But the servers seem to be up because you're all playing.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
got my first win with randoms today \ô/

but only 15 damage and 0 kills... neither of us got knocked down either :D was dropping the lifeline ult a lot. after 40 games finally a win, feels good :)
Yeah I got my first win around 40 games too. I was dead for the last two fights, but it still counts dammit!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Got enough monopoly money to nab either Mirage or Caustic, the decision!

Or do I just hold off and see what the upcoming character is? I kinda like the characters in concept but the actual characters not so much.

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
Any patch news? Itching to play but I want to make sure they tackled some of the more aggressive bugs/errors first.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Got enough monopoly money to nab either Mirage or Caustic, the decision!

Or do I just hold off and see what the upcoming character is? I kinda like the characters in concept but the actual characters not so much.
Mirage is SO good. The hologram is on a short ~15s cooldown and enemies that shoot it get their position marked. It's got so much utility--you can use it to scout, to divert from a flank, to escape, etc.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Mirage is SO good. The hologram is on a short ~15s cooldown and enemies that shoot it get their position marked. It's got so much utility--you can use it to scout, to divert from a flank, to escape, etc.
I recall really loving the novelty of it back when I first encountered in via Halo Reach.
The mark up thing seems like a great way to make it less gimmick and more useful.

Never got good use out of TF2's similar hologram but in that setup there really was just better options, you may have swayed me here though.

edit: turns out I had the GONE BANANAS skin for him so it was the right choice.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mirage is for sure better than Caustic****

***Better overall.

Caustic is INSANE in closed spaces, but that will be situational.

Status
Not open for further replies.