• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying I'm good or anything but I'm having a hard time matching up with competent players on Xbox's. None of my regular group plays this.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hemlock on single fire continues to be my go to AR. Especially if you manage to consistently land your shots when rapidly pressing.

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm terrible at this game. But holy shit at this game - this game is awesome. My first entry to the battle royale genre too.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Got my first win!

Played Lifeline and managed to get 2 kills, and helped out with revives and healing drones.

Our Wraith was exceptional, knew exactly what to do and won the final battle when me and Gibraltar were down.

The weapons are starting to click with me more. I really like dumping damage onto people with SMGs and using the reload to reposition.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Got my 2nd win. I just wanted to play one match before bed. Ended with 7 kills. Team had 14 overall.

Bless the respawn system. Came in clutch at the end.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gold Knockdown shields has a trait that allows you to self-revive

As I said the person was eliminated. Deathbox poppped up. I looted his stuff because I needed bandages or something to heal myself.

A replay system is so damn needed here. It's very possible we missed something, but I can't even know what happened as I can't look it up.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I finally settled on a character over the weekend. Mirage has been fantastic. I thought his passive would be lackluster compared to other characters but it's actually quite useful and I feel his ult is extremely strong.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally settled on a character over the weekend. Mirage has been fantastic. I thought his passive would be lackluster compared to other characters but it's actually quite useful and I feel his ult is extremely strong.

Yeah, Mirage is a great character. In the chaos of a big battle, even losing that second to shoot at the wrong target can prove fatal. I for one got bamboozled a couple times, and while it didn't always lead to a loss altogether (in one case it just bought my opponent some extra seconds to live before we grabbed the win), it's a great instrument when used correctly.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Was using the hemlock today, for some reason i'm getting a bug where when i use ADS the gun doesn't shoot.
either that or the sound of the gun isn't going off.

Played bangalore for the first time after using Gibratrol or whatever his name is a whole bunch, she was fun to use.
Ended up winning with her and two randoms.
Which is funny because at the start of the game my teammates left me instead of jumping down with me.
So I'm by my self and I drop a whole squad, then they decided to link up with me and we went and became the champs.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Finally played for the first time today. Game is pretty fun, hopefully they add duos so I can play more often. Got two wins which isn't too bad.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How exactly do you ping for someone to revive you when you're downed?

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Third win yesterday. We were able to take up position in the final circle atop the cage in Thunderdome because of Pathfinder's Ult and the rest is history. Honestly, that ult with that low a cooldown is pretty op.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I've been having shit luck these past 3 days (still scored some wins) and my matches with Caustic ending poorly, I gotta say that his gas traps are a fantastic reconing device. You can leave up to three of them, and if you place them in locations where there's a very high probability that an enemy will walk by, you will keep on seeing the trap's location through walls lighting up in green, plus you start getting hitmarkers the moment they are activated, thus effectively revealing that an enemy (or more than one, of course) was, in fact, in that very location a moment ago, and while the hitmarkers last you can be pretty sure they're still in there in case. The early looting phase in particular becomes fun with that, as you can leave the trap next to a closed door in a house you looted, so when an enemy comes by, he will be instantly noticed as I can turn around and pinpoint his location to my buddies.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Actually managed to survive an entire match and not be completely carried like with my other wins..still only 3 kills and 2 revives, but it's progress!

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I had a Gibraltar today who unfortunately got stuck on the side of the map with no way to climb up :(

Felt sorry for the dude he was new too

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Phew! Just got my third win in a row! Two of the games I had the final kill, and clutched the third. Was the only person left on my squad and took out the last two on my lonesome. Feels good!

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
anyone facing the issue where you squad up with friends and then after the match is completed when you return bcak to lobby, you hit ready, but the ready icon doesn't pop up on your characters head neither do your squad mates appear to be ready. But at their end on their screens their respective characters are ready. If you decide to still go ahead and get into a match, your squad mates gets matched with someone else. Only way to address this is by having a work around which involves me leaving the group and get invited back again. Painfully time consuming process!

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
While I've been having shit luck these past 3 days (still scored some wins) and my matches with Caustic ending poorly, I gotta say that his gas traps are a fantastic reconing device. You can leave up to three of them, and if you place them in locations where there's a very high probability that an enemy will walk by, you will keep on seeing the trap's location through walls lighting up in green, plus you start getting hitmarkers the moment they are activated, thus effectively revealing that an enemy (or more than one, of course) was, in fact, in that very location a moment ago, and while the hitmarkers last you can be pretty sure they're still in there in case. The early looting phase in particular becomes fun with that, as you can leave the trap next to a closed door in a house you looted, so when an enemy comes by, he will be instantly noticed as I can turn around and pinpoint his location to my buddies.
You can have more than three out (I heard six but haven't confirmed) — three is just number of charges you can have at once

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could be the jumpmaster all the time when I solo que, the randoms always pick the worst spots to land and launch mad late.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can have more than three out (I heard six but haven't confirmed) — three is just number of charges you can have at once

I figured the first ones disappear after I put the 4th, guess when it happened just a lot of time has passed and the trap expired or something. Still, it's a surprisingly useful tool, I had plenty of matches where I played well with it but I had such a bad luck with teammates in the weekend that the win is still not arriving with it. I'll get there sooner or later.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
lmao I just won playing a whole match solo, both my teammates left within the first minute. I was like a little sneaky ninja at the end.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao I just won playing a whole match solo, both my teammates left within the first minute. I was like a little sneaky ninja at the end.

Had that myself, so satisfying. Used Bloodhound's ping not to pinpoint the enemy but to make him think I was coming for him, just waited for him to come out, shot at him and took his earlier spot without him realizing it. When he came back there, he got murdered. Fun times.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
As I said the person was eliminated. Deathbox poppped up. I looted his stuff because I needed bandages or something to heal myself.

A replay system is so damn needed here. It's very possible we missed something, but I can't even know what happened as I can't look it up.
Well this is weird. I'm sure you missed something

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a win like that earlier. Down to last 3 squads, I climbed the dinosaur bones and hid until I heard shots. Made a beeline for the engagement and spied on them from above until it was down to just two. Once the winner started healing I dropped down and Peacekeeper'd him in the face. lol

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
6 wins today atm, but sometimes I just get out when I get killed early, not worth with people not knowing their positions or anything.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two wins today and a bunch of top 3 finishes. Fuck, this game is the most fun I've had in such a long time.

Uninstalled BFV and reinstalled Titanfall 2 because of this game. Beautifully done, Respawn.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is weird. I'm sure you missed something

Very possible, which is why I'd like to check that replay. We all went down to the second to last circle at the river, fully knowing where the last enemy was, so we were pretty confident. Just in case I used Bloodhound's ping at a house down there, to make sure the enemy didn't bamboozle us with his location, and there were no results. The enemy was more or less where we thought, except this Lifeline I personally eliminated and looted jumped out the building I just finished pinging and attacked us from the side. We were 3v2 but we were being shot at by two directions, we went down before we could adapt properly. I can take an L but something was absolutely off this time around,

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Won a match, was champion on the billboards of the next, and won that one too! My first ever back to back in a battle royale game.

I cant with this game. This shit is way too good.
I know right? So good.
I call it The Gauntlet. Tilted Towers in FN, but this one is tricky since the hot zone is always changing.
Do these Hot Zones marked with the blue beacon at the beginning of the match have better gear than usual? Or it's the same but with that Gold weapon somewhere?

And do the zones' Gear Tier change randomly or is it always the same? I don't think I've ever seen Repulsor or Artillery be anything other than High Tier Gear zones when I walk in.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I keep having connection issues on the PS4... I can only play a match every 30 mins after finishing one. I go out of a match and it says unable to connect to ea servers and then I must stay retrying for hell of a time.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Tried again on PC, yet again more steamrolling. Looks like I won't be revisiting it and just sticking to PS4 version.
The console battle royale experience is always going to be just a little less intense thanks to the inability for most players to snap-aim you with incredible precision and remove you from this plane of existence.

It's the same reason Fortnite is basically an entirely different game on console versus on PC.
What's the fire mode button on PC? I'm either blind or it's not in the key binds page in options.
Left mouse click. Right mouse click is toggle ADS by default, but you should probably change it to hold ADS.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
That's actually really impressive lol.
Had that myself, so satisfying. Used Bloodhound's ping not to pinpoint the enemy but to make him think I was coming for him, just waited for him to come out, shot at him and took his earlier spot without him realizing it. When he came back there, he got murdered. Fun times.
I had a win like that earlier. Down to last 3 squads, I climbed the dinosaur bones and hid until I heard shots. Made a beeline for the engagement and spied on them from above until it was down to just two. Once the winner started healing I dropped down and Peacekeeper'd him in the face. lol
I watched the last two squads have a sniper battle, they had no idea I was in the house below. I didn't realise the guy I killed who was making his way into the house I was in was actually the last guy. So when it announced I was the champion after I shot him, I had a good chuckle.

Also, check out me being sneaky with Wraith earlier. I love doing these sort of things.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
trying to rez people in the dropship is fucking hilarious. you either slide out, or you die.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta play this game aggressively and the game rewards you for it. Wingman, peacekeeper, mastiff and so on are far too strong in close range, if you initiate you win every time. These randoms were just so passive, they think this is pubg. Completely useless all game. Push hard, smoke+ vision you just win if you go first. Watch shroud see how savage he plays...

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta play this game aggressively and the game rewards you for it. Wingman, peacekeeper, mastiff and so on are far too strong in close range, if you initiate you win every time. These randoms were just so passive, they think this is pubg. Completely useless all game. Push hard, smoke+ vision you just win if you go first. Watch shroud see how savage he plays...

Not everyone is skilled as Shroud. Pushing hard is a strategy, just like slowly building your way getting good gear to try to face encounters as prepared as possible. Depending of your team and skill composition not always is the best way to push hard.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The game rewards you for it because currently all the meta weapons are close range and mid-to-long is nonexistent.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The window to get an assist is reaaaally fucking short, isn't it. I can deal 150 damage to someone, but when I take cover while reloading and someone else shoots him I'm shit outta luck. You have to be shooting them as they die.
I wish my damage counted for longer.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The game rewards you for it because currently all the meta weapons are close range and mid-to-long is nonexistent.

Mid range exists. Long range is non-existent, as it should be. If people can jet onto peaks with a kitted our sniper rifle and just take potshots all match, the game would turn into crouching and slowly sneaking from cover to cover. If you want that, play PubG I guess?

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I just tried this and I wasn't digging it. I like playing as Lifeline. So then I switched it up to Bangalore and man the game got fun. Ill probably still go back to lifeline if our team doesn't have a healer. I got second place only because I ended up getting respawned and had no weapons.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Do Gibraltar's aiming shield and deployable barrier have specific HP amounts? They always collapse unexpectedly for me.

(I might just be overlooking them on the UI, I dunno.)

Status
Not open for further replies.