• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
There's nothing like grabbing your teammate's banners while a full squad are around their death boxes, and then being chased by said squad only to kill them all with the Peacemaker then make a run to the respawn station while being fired upon another squad, then respawn your teammates only for one of them to run right back into the enemies with no shield or guns and die. So much effort for nothing. :'(

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Just won a game where our squad finished with 2 kills between them lol, never even saw anyone until right at the end

Oct 27, 2017
London
Jumped into my first game, got bodied after 2 mins and only killed one person. The faster pace takes some getting used to clearly compared to the slower pace of PUBG.

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
i dont see why banglore is the fav now. Her stuffs cool to use. But i dont feel like its hard to counter that stuff when ur on the other side of it. Ive never been smoked or mortared and felt in danger.
Throw smoke at enemy squad, equip hi damage weapon like Wingman with digital threat optics - - - - - > free kills

Plus what everyone else has said. She'll be the first nerf.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Gibraltar's ult is a real game changer sometimes. Me and one teammate was up against a full squad at the very end, we had cover in some buildings but they had position at high ground with a sniper. Just lighting us up if we peeked out, but they were in open ground, so I tossed the ult and they were forced to run down the hill. We wasted them as they ran down and won the game.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you should take a breather and relax. It's ok, at some point there may be more optional modes, there isn't so. Calm down.

Na, the other user was being very condescending, he needs to relax and accept people want different modes, that doesn't mean they should play other completely diferent game.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
People are so impatient. Had several games in a row where we are in really good positions but people just want to give up a nice spot to fight out in the open...

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing like grabbing your teammate's banners while a full squad are around their death boxes, and then being chased by said squad only to kill them all with the Peacemaker then make a run to the respawn station while being fired upon another squad, then respawn your teammates only for one of them to run right back into the enemies with no shield or guns and die. So much effort for nothing. :'(
This happened to me and dudes chased me to the next beacon. I got pissed and hid with my auto Evo and melted them

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So some of these weapon skins, particularly the legendary skins, look like they've been pulled from Destiny (a good thing, IMO). I've always enjoyed PUBG but was always disappointed by how bland the weapon skins were. Glad that Respawn is really going all out with the art and design for some of these.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Shroud spoke about this, the gist I got was he's not sure it would be fun if everyone was the same level, especially high up. But, shrug.
People want skill based matchmaking in things like cod, but complain when lobbies are "sweaty". Which would always happen if you're all roughly the same skill. There would be no easy kills.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
My hands are too heavy, im trying to aim but panicking and it's clicking the thumbstick in, So while my enemy is blasting my face, I'm trying to melee inbetween shots lol

What's people's controller/sensitivity and all that at?

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I won't go somewhere completely different but I will break and go far enough away to maximize looting coverage.

I've found a decent number of people just want to either go lone wolf or run super spicey right out of thr gate though. I don't let it get to me and treat those rounds as my chance to practice survival/stealth tactics.

This is a really positive mindset to have, and I'll try to apply it to my matches. I often find myself becoming frustrated when my squadmates jump into terrible spots, but I just gotta treat it like a learning experience.

After all, there's always brand new match right around the corner.

Last edited:

SonicThrust

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Big thing I'd really appreciate is the ability to mute all voice chat by default like in most games.

I dont need to hear slurs and insults being thrown around. The pings help encourage teamwork but mics on by default is only a big problem.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
yeah people are never wrong, eh?
Nah, just look at how angry people got when destiny implemented SBM. If people catch a whiff of it they get upset. And in something like dota, the toxicity sky rockets when you get into stuff like ranked.

Big thing I'd really appreciate is the ability to mute all voice chat by default like in most games.

I dont need to hear slurs and insults being thrown around. The pings help encourage teamwork but mics on by default is only a big problem.
just start your own psn party for muting

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Back to back wins today, both with new players. Still gotta get in the habit of backing out of lost fights tho, shotguns make me crazy.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'm so bad at the game, but I'm still coming back for more. A real rarity for me!

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Why do people break away during the drop and go somewhere completely different? Are they just trolling/throwing/being a dick or is there some 900IQ strategy I'm not understanding here?

Nope, just dummies with no concept of team play. Worst part about this game, for real.

That said, I've learned to enjoy when my partners break off/don't coordinate/drop early. Being a terrified Predator is tense and fun, and I've had plenty of good times messing with a 2-3 person squad. Popping shots from afar, using smoke grenades (which launch super far) to get their attention. Good even when things go wrong.

Nothing is worse than teammates leaving your body/tag, or looting/healing while you lay there by their feet. Teamplayters are heroes. Maybe an Endorsement system like Overwatch wouldn't be a bad idea. Option to give your teammates an award after a match and those get totalled into a rank. Good players get endorsed, level goes up and usually a higher endorsement level means the person at the very least tries to play the game and isn't toxic. Could work.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Just got another win.

I'm always mic-less (I don't currently have a headset that works with the DS4). My team was speaking.. in Spanish. And my Spanish skills are a bit rusty. They didn't ping at all and would rarely heal themselves AND would run away from my Lifeline healing ability.

But I carried them with 14 kills.

Lifeline is the goat.

Eventually I'm going to go for that 20 kill badge.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legacy LETS GO BABY!

5-ABD49-CA-2655-4671-B1-F1-B2-AA750-B36-CE.jpg

Awww yeah! GG

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Welp. I think Blackout is officially done. My buddy and I switched over just to try it out for a few games and it feels slow, outdated, and boring. We played 2 games and noped out right back to Apex.

Loved our time with Blackout but honestly, I think the new king has arrived. Apex is damn GOOD.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
just start your own psn party for muting
Is there some solution like this on PC? I haven't really tried, but that would be neat to not have to worry about muting each game. I haven't played in days, and I don't want to feel guilty for picking a bad spot to land (my last game with two level 10's people who had mics and seemed to play a lot. Hey they gave no suggestions, don't blame the low level newb).

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like caustic is really strong but is just not really playable with randoms. I can't make it a use of my kit when they just run off without considering the strengths of our team comp.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Still a bit bummed that this doesn't really take much from the titanfall gameplay formula outside of the A+ gunplay, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
It's starting to get embarrassing...My 10 year old son has carried me hard today. Last W I did 68 damage and died 4 times and respawns twice lmao.

Zoator

Oct 27, 2017
I've been absent from the whole Battle Royale craze, and after seeing the hype this game was getting after launch, I thought this would be a good opportunity to hop in and give a try. I think there's a lot in this game that I would really like, but I just find it extremely inaccessible for someone who is totally new to the genre.

The tutorial is pretty bare-bones and mostly just teaches you how to control your character and use skills. It doesn't do anything to explain the rules of engagement for an actual match, nor does it give you any guidance or tips for how to best play the game. You can also only use one of the heroes, which means to experiment with any other character you need to do so in a real game. This normally wouldn't be too terrible, but since the only game mode requires you to team up with two other people, I feel really bad for bringing down the team while trying to learn the ropes. It also doesn't help that most of my teammates are jerks in this context.

I feel like, as with most online team games, this is probably a lot better to play with a group of friends, and that would probably provide a better environment to try to learn and get better. But as it stands, I think I'm out unless a proper training mode is added, or a free for all mode so I at least don't have to deal with bitter teammates. Granted, hero shooters are generally designed around team play to make different types of support and defense heroes relevant, so an FFA mode may never happen.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I think lifeline might legitimately be the best direct combatant in the entire roster. Forget damage shields, forget sprint boosts, just that oldschool goldeneye oddjob advantage of having a smaller hitbox.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I really love about this game is how much personality is conveyed about the operators in their dialogue. Pathfinder VO is fantastic.

I really hope we see some of these characters in a new TF game or something SP related.

Status
Not open for further replies.