• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Very skillful win.

gUcudhx.jpg

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I'd go further than saying this is the best BR game ever made, honestly I'd say best competitive multiplayer in the last 5 years. What do you guys think?

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Alright, I know it's early to be crying "overpowered" but Bloodhound is either my exact perfect legend or something is up. Averaging 3-4 kills per match with them and barely 2 with everyone else (I'm level 20).

Their abilities mean you can always surprise people and in this game that's so important. The ult makes them unstoppable at midrange and last for ages.

If anyone is getting a nerf early on, it's going to be Bloodhound.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
After about 30 matches with no victories... 2 come along this evening. Got the winning kill in one too.

It makes a huge difference if team mates ping. Mic or no mic, ping every enemy before you shoot (especially at range).
Same for me. Been playing this weekend off and on, earlier today I was feeling a little put off due to the struggle even though I had a five kill match earlier today. Then logged in this afternoon, had two beasts carry me to my first win as they ran the map, pulled third after my team all dropped immediately, won again carrying two newer guys (with a squad kill to res both my guys, then getting a mastiff and flanking the last squad for a wipe), and just got 4th with only a duo where the other guy didn't even fire a shot.

That last one is probably my favorite honestly, because I had a well scoped scout and was set up on the back end of a valley where the action really broke out, only had one kill but over 500 damage and watched two squads eliminated by the mosh pit of action.

A big part of it for me was realizing that almost all guns are good when used in thr right situation. The 45 is a killer for hip firing for example, so keep moving, jumping, and spraying. The game is heavy on mid range weapons though, despite many conflicts initiating at long range or in corridors. I wonder if they'll rebalance bullet drop and/or bullet velocity to account for this or just see if the meta solves it for them.

Oct 26, 2017
How long do you guys think it will take till we get a new character?

Planning to pick up mirage... but around 20ish ranks to build the credit to unlock, I'm abit hesitate to spend the in-game currency right away.
Their road map showed about 4 characters per year. But I wouldn't expect the next one till June.

apex_legends_road_map_battle_pass.jpg

Roadmap shows we get a new Legend, Weapons, Loot and a Battlepass per season. First season is next month so not that long.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long do you guys think it will take till we get a new character?

Planning to pick up mirage... but around 20ish ranks to build the credit to unlock, I'm abit hesitate to spend the in-game currency right away.
You'll want all of them I'm sure. I expect the Battle Pass to provide ample opportunities to acquire more credits. Just don't spend them on anything but characters and I bet you will be fine.

Oct 25, 2017
How did you guys not get bored all that time? Like I run around like a maniac looking for others and going in the direction of fights.
My friend and I just play fairly patient, and so did the random we paired up with. This particular match though, I swear we couldn't find anyone anyhow! We never saw an enemy after the drop.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
You mean in the store or the content in game you get from buying it?
The content in game. It would appear and disappear at random. For example the Hemlock skin would be there then it would be factory the next game and gone until a random other game where I could select it again.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
i luv when u land in a hotspot. And ur teammate just takes all the weapons, leaving u unarmed surrounded by 2 squads
I found that my real standout skill off thr drop is being a better puncher than others. Thanks God Hand, Elder Scrolls, etc.! Had one crap drop I turned around for my whole squad by punching down two of a three man squad while my teammates shot the other one.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people break away during the drop and go somewhere completely different? Are they just trolling/throwing/being a dick or is there some 900IQ strategy I'm not understanding here?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Last match was intense, killed the last squad of 3 by myself within seconds while my teammates were downed. Every bullet just connected where I wanted it to. Really loving Lifeline.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people break away during the drop and go somewhere completely different? Are they just trolling/throwing/being a dick or is there some 900IQ strategy I'm not understanding here?
I won't go somewhere completely different but I will break and go far enough away to maximize looting coverage.

I've found a decent number of people just want to either go lone wolf or run super spicey right out of thr gate though. I don't let it get to me and treat those rounds as my chance to practice survival/stealth tactics.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, just had a brutal session. Played as a duo and our third was consistently baffling, splitting from our drop into the middle of fucking nowhere to die, dropping and not finding rifles at all, a concentrated area that was 75% mozambiques...

I'm close to a win with each character but that didn't get me anywhere, lol.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just douchebags who think they know better.

If you're jumpmaster, I've found it best to just go wherever is recommended by your teammates.

You do want to break off at the end though to maximize loot acquisition. It's suboptimal for two+ teammates to start in the same building.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, I know it's early to be crying "overpowered" but Bloodhound is either my exact perfect legend or something is up. Averaging 3-4 kills per match with them and barely 2 with everyone else (I'm level 20).

Their abilities mean you can always surprise people and in this game that's so important. The ult makes them unstoppable at midrange and last for ages.

If anyone is getting a nerf early on, it's going to be Bloodhound.

Nah, Bloodhound is fine. The thing with their ability is that when they pop it, that sort of orange ring that pulses out of them is visible to the enemy. So it just becomes a case of "oh, Bloodhound is upstairs, guess they're gonna try and rush us now".

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Only played 3 games tonight with my buddy on the ps4 and we won 2 of the 3 games. Happy out.

Very guilty with the second win we got fucked up and downed twice in the market. Both times the random team mate saved and revived me. I got my buddies banner and ran off to a revive station. As I was running the random got downed by another team but I kept running and left him while I revived my mate. He must have been so pissed at me after his heroics. He quit the game so we didn't even get to decide if we'd run back for his banner. We went on to win so I made the right choice even if it was a dick move on my part.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the crashes, I seem to have fixed mine (knock on wood) by rolling back to the previous Nvidia drivers.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Bloodhound is fine. The thing with their ability is that when they pop it, that sort of orange ring that pulses out of them is visible to the enemy. So it just becomes a case of "oh, Bloodhound is upstairs, guess they're gonna try and rush us now".

Yeah, that thing is super visible. His ult is incredible though.

Still, I'd say Bangalore is the all around best right now. Smokes are incredibly versatile and that speed boost has to be the best passive in the game.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably just because it's still the weekend with lots of new people, but it would be nice not to be matched with two level 2s whilst the champion team each have several hundred kills.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Does it actually work?

It would make sense, it was running fine on my 970 while I was waiting for my 2080 step up to arrive

It does for me, going by the fact that I crash every time I raise the power limit back up above 50, but I've seen others it doesn't work for. I'm on a 2080 though, so I dunno.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I only break when I notice the jump master making no effort to adjust the speed and I see other teams flying by. I'll go to the same drop spot but I don't have all day.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that thing is super visible. His ult is incredible though.

Still, I'd say Bangalore is the all around best right now. Smokes are incredibly versatile and that speed boost has to be the best passive in the game.

Yeah. I hope they hold off on kneejerk patches though for the time being. Some things seem better than others, but that'll always be the case, and the game isn't even a week old yet.
I'm just hoping they don't do something dumb like nuke anything that is currently considered 'the best', like Bangalore, Lifeline, Pathfinder's grapple, Peacekeeper etc., into irrelevance straight away. So no Blizzard style, "Pathfinder's grapple is good, so we nerfed the speed it travels at, plus he now has less health, his ult takes twice as long to charge and hurts you when you ride along it" nerfs.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i dont see why banglore is the fav now. Her stuffs cool to use. But i dont feel like its hard to counter that stuff when ur on the other side of it. Ive never been smoked or mortared and felt in danger.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I hope they hold off on kneejerk patches though for the time being. Some things seem better than others, but that'll always be the case, and the game isn't even a week old yet.
I'm just hoping they don't do something dumb like nuke anything that is currently considered 'the best', like Bangalore, Lifeline, Pathfinder's grapple, Peacekeeper etc., into irrelevance straight away. So no Blizzard style, "Pathfinder's grapple is good, so we nerfed the speed it travels at, plus he now has less health, his ult takes twice as long to charge and hurts you when you ride along it" nerfs.

Yeah, same. Atleast with legends I hope they hold off nerfing more than anything, but I do think there's already some gun stuff that could use tweaking. Peacekeeper seems very likely to nerf a bit and the mozambique really needs help, every weapon is otherwise pretty solid even if some seem better than others.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
i dont see why banglore is the fav now. Her stuffs cool to use. But i dont feel like its hard to counter that stuff when ur on the other side of it. Ive never been smoked or mortared and felt in danger.

It's the near universal applications her kit has. The speed boost is probably lowkey the best, but the escape ability and area denial (via denying certain areas for teams to fire from longer range) of the smoke is also super good, and an airstrike is always a plus in a firefight. The only place she is weaker is indoors where her airstrike can't reach, but that's a minority of fights and she still has her smoke and speed boost. In a way Caustic is the opposite, not being able to fully use his kit unless indoors or underground.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Her kit is just super versatile, the reason it's so powerful is that they work both defensively and offensively. Someone shoots at you in the back? Speed boost triggers, you can keep sprinting to cover faster than anyone else. You can also dump smoke on the ground while speed boosted if you're in a more open area and are very likely getting away. In comparison to someone like Wraith who in the same shot in the back situation has to basically phase to avoid damage, Bangalore gets a passive trigger to escape. But also, offensively this is great as she can weave into a building, or flank into a fight very quickly and just barrel stuff someone.

Smokes work the same as you can use it to push up, or if a teammate is downed just shoot smoke over to them and go for a revive. Her ult is distruptive more than anything but I find it good to use after one enemy is downed, if they're outdoors and you ult so it covers their crawling body they're pretty much a confirmed kill.

She feels really good to play since there's so much you can do with her.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just douchebags who think they know better.

If you're jumpmaster, I've found it best to just go wherever is recommended by your teammates.

You do want to break off at the end though to maximize loot acquisition. It's suboptimal for two+ teammates to start in the same building.

while you are correct you sure love to call people names huh you sound so toxic.

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
Him and Wraith definitely have the most underwhelming ultimates of the cast. They're not bad, but they're a little too niche to be useful a lot of the time. Mirage should spawn four decoys that all run in random, zig-zagging paths while he cloaks. Can't really say what Wraith's portal could become without just making it a duplicate of Pathfinder's zipline.

Yeah man, I think they should buff it to the way you proposed it. As a matter of fact I was surprised they didnt run when I unlocked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.