• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Outside of a few, I think mods matter more than the weapon. I can make damn near anything work, if I've got some nice bonuses attached. I'll gladly hold on to big mods (Devotion spin up, Prowler full auto, choke for Triple Take) and build around them.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Final two squads. I'm doing a 1v2 while my teammates are doing a 2v1. I down a dude and just trying to stay alive and they are fucking around with that one guy. They eventually kill him, but I'm already down now and they go on to lose.

One of my teammates had 0 kills and 49 damage done the whole game. 49 damage...

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm m getting paired with the worst teammates all day. They always run off solo...why is it so hard to stay grouped?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why it seems "easier" to win this as opposed to other BR's. I just got another two wins this morning. I have two wins TOTAL across 60 hours of Blackout, lol. Is it the lower player count? My friend and I can't wrap our head around why we're having so much more success here than we did in Blackout, because we're essentially employing the same strategies.
Ya, 20 squads of 3 is pretty much the reason. I think it's really working in Respawn's favor, people are more likely to stick with the game if they can get a few wins in their first few days playing.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Honestly that precision choke on the PK is unreal. Just won me another game lol.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
I think Bangalore is my favorite so far. Haven't had great luck with her ultimate though, cant seem to ever really hit anyone but it does work good to disrupt their strat. Got about 6 wins yesterday!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Well I got my first win. Got some kills in the first few minutes, then got killed and... my teammates just didn't grab my tags and carried me to victory.

Not exactly how I envisioned it but... I'll take it. I guess.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Talking about performance, I seem to have a lot of problems with mine, with all low and off I still have fps jumping between 40 and 100+
1440p, 7700k + 1070ti
I have seen people with lesser systems have stable 100fps so im not sure what can I do anymore, gonna try to reinstall whole game later and hope that does something.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
This game! I wish they would come up with something better for me to support it though. I just feel no need to spend any money on it at all.
I bought the Founder's Pack for now, which is more than enough, and then I'll get the Season 1 Battle Pass as soon as it's available.

After months of playing Fortnite, the game really feels like it's missing something right now without a Battle Pass, but it's coming.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why, but the inventory management in this game is throwing me for a loop. I can't make out what icons are supposed to be.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Got my first two wins yesterday: Lifeline and Bloodhound. Two different trophies as well!

Next match we were the champion squad and the server crashed the second I dropped my first opponent. :(

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
The guns make no sense to me. I am always outgunned, no matter what. It's killi8ng my enjoyment of this game greatly.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered a mod mic 5 to pair with my 598's for this game, it's about time I stop being anti social in MP games. And I don''t want to sound like I'm yelling at someone ordering food at the drive thru. lol

Ya, I've been using a ModMic with my HD 558s for years and it's worked great. I would do Sennheiser + ModMic again when I want new headphones. I've never had any problems with the adhesive attachment falling off or anything like that, still nice and secure after almost 3 years.

Oct 25, 2017
Came in second last night. We were better situated but they had saved up an air strike or whatever that smoked us as we got into the final circle. I'm still having trouble figuring out why some people do so much damage while my stuff isn't. SMGs feel like a waste of time.

That said, it was a lot of fun, especially playing with a friend. We had some ringer from Utah play with us for a game and he really helped explain a lot of stuff, and most importantly was super patient that my friend and I suck.

Also. No unified account between platforms ducking *sucks*. I can love without crossplay but I would play on all three platforms with my few gaming friends, now I feel like I will only stick to Xbox for the most part.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
7 kills, crazy encounters, final 2 squads, just me and I died to the storm, lol. Should add that I died trying to loot a body to get some medkits of which i had zero. I had like zero everything because I had to scrap and save my team from every encounter.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Came in second last night. We were better situated but they had saved up an air strike or whatever that smoked us as we got into the final circle. I'm still having trouble figuring out why some people do so much damage while my stuff isn't. SMGs feel like a waste of time.

That said, it was a lot of fun, especially playing with a friend. We had some ringer from Utah play with us for a game and he really helped explain a lot of stuff, and most importantly was super patient that my friend and I suck.

Also. No unified account between platforms ducking *sucks*. I can love without crossplay but I would play on all three platforms with my few gaming friends, now I feel like I will only stick to Xbox for the most part.

Better mods + better aim will make you feel like glass despite the higher ttk.

Prowler with Hop (alt-fire full auto) for example will tear though players like paper if you can keep it on target, but the base version with burstfire takes much longer to kill.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I can tell if my team is going to wipe within the first 3 minutes based on the jump master.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Just had my first run in with a Caustic who used his canisters to trap a choke point. Ended up getting our whole team because we were pushed through because of the ring

Oct 28, 2017
After a weekend of trying to learn this game I'm really disappointed. Just uninstalled. The community is already becoming super toxic, it takes forever to down anyone, down them and never get any kills, constantly firing off shotguns point blank only for them not to hit?

My unpopular final opinion: I think the honeymoon is going to wear off in this game rather quickly.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got first blood before finding a gun and immediately ran into the second teammate - knocked them down, still unarmed against their gun. Finally, the third one got me. Ping his location, my team will be here any second to help me. They're close. They aren't moving. Oh. They're hiding in a corner with All The Guns.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
So 1 guy crashes, I get respawned and the other guy just runs off so far away and dies... then leaves the match. Why are people like this.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
The guns make no sense to me. I am always outgunned, no matter what. It's killi8ng my enjoyment of this game greatly.

Try using a Wingman with a Devotion or Spitfire ( I literally throw these guns at my squadmates).

Avoid SMGs unless you're going to fully pimp out a Prowler and set it to auto.

cluk

May 22, 2018
After a weekend of trying to learn this game I'm really disappointed. Just uninstalled. The community is already becoming super toxic, it takes forever to down anyone, down them and never get any kills, constantly firing off shotguns point blank only for them not to hit?

My unpopular final opinion: I think the honeymoon is going to wear off in this game rather quickly.
I hope you're wrong! I love this damn game.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

The TTK in AL is realy long, especially later in the match.

Don't ever plan on standing in the open and trading with another player. Always find cover, peek, and shoot. If a fight's not going you're way back up and use a shield pack or syringe. Patience will earn you kills in this game.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Is it just me or does the sound design suck balls in this game? For example, usually when I hear shots I have no idea what direction they're coming from. Also, it's really hard to figure out the distance (shots that sound like they're coming from a kilometer away are actually being shot much closer).

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or does the sound design suck balls in this game? For example, usually when I hear shots I have no idea what direction they're coming from. Also, it's really hard to figure out the distance (shots that sound like they're coming from a kilometer away are actually being shot much closer).

I can place the shots on a headset while using my PC I can't place shots on my 5.1 system as well.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Im amazed at how this game has taken over

I feel like no other launch this year will top what Apex has done in the past 5 or so days

Even Ninja, the Fortnite god, has been playing it nonstop.

Right now the game has 330K viewers vs Fortnites 315K on Twitch, which is the only metric that matters IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.