• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
because it is fun to shoot people in this shooting game, and it is considerably less fun to run around rural environs for 10 minutes without any action or conflict

I'd take a game where I get 5 kills and come in 15th over a game where I get first place with 1 kill every time

That's the problem, I get killed before I can even shoot people.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm terrible at this game. I have no idea why I keep playing... it's like I can't continue to be this bad, right? It doesn't help that the 5 games I played this morning someone always quit out during the drop ship. I don't care what others said, I'm positive it's because they don't want to play with a level 6 with 4 kills. 80% of my games someone drops immediately after picking, that seems way too high to be a coincidence. Even when I pick last. They need to add a drop penalty, or better yet offer a casual/beginners vs. competitive mode.

Played with a buddy tonight and we both have a bunch of kills displayed in our banners. We also let randoms pick whatever character they want. 3-4 people still dropped out when the map loaded. It's just the game crashing.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered a mod mic 5 to pair with my 598's for this game, it's about time I stop being anti social in MP games. And I don''t want to sound like I'm yelling at someone ordering food at the drive thru. lol

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get Peacekeeper. I just don't get it. The exact same shots do 100+ damage in one situation and 10 in the next.

Oct 25, 2017
All I hear when people complain about TTK: TTK is too long when I can't kill someone. TTK is too short when I die.

TTK feels perfect to me right now.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Way to many players in party chat is my biggest issue if they want to promote team play as they say party chat needs to be disabled. Playing solo I'm constantly matched with parties of two who are in party chat watching me wipe whole squads while they stand around like potatoes.

I turned the game off in frustration lastnight due to awful teammates it's starting to really frustrate me tbh. This games awful without a 3 man group sometimes. In 3 hours of gameplay last night I had maybe two guys with mics.
What do you mean by party chat?

My friend and I are always in our own voice chat and not using the in game one, but I have my reasons for that. As a woman it just isn't worth it for me to bother. That shouldn't be the case, but it is what it is. That said we'll always listen to any randoms who who does join, and help them out if they're in need (sometimes to our demise, the amount of times we've gone to help a guy and they've ran away and not gone back for our banners :( ).

But being able to choose how you queue would solve a lot of these issues really. I can only imagine they didn't give a solo and duo option for launch because they wanted to keep queue times quick, but considering how many people are playing it shouldn't be too much of an issue now. So hopefully they're quick about adding it in.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Will search for it thanks! My screen is 1440p 60 Hz so it doesn't really make sense for me to go after 100+ FPS tho, all I want is locked 60

Well I don't know much about that, but mine only goes to 120hz and I used to play Overwatch at 200+. No idea if it made a real difference once you get that high, but it felt and seemed better to just get as many frames as possible for something where reaction time matters.

The one thing I'm at odds with is tearing, which I cannot stand, so I started using Nvidia "Fast Sync" which seemed like the best solution for me in Overwatch. I haven't played that in a long time, but it gave me the least input lag without tearing far as I remember.

If you care about all that you might want to run this with FPS unlocked and settings turned down to see what FPS you can get, and if it improves your input lag, movement, aiming, etc.

I found that post.

This helped me:

_id1549383145_343178.png

Source

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
A longer than average TTK makes gear feel actually meaningful. If you could drop people that quickly why would you bother even getting armor - it also encourages you to stick to your group because it takes too long for most people to just wipe out a whole squad by themselves. Too many BR games are played by people who just want to turn it into a normal team deathmatch. This is a game designed around being squad based with various support abilities - a quick TTK would invalidate a lot of that.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Fuck sake, I've died a couple of times now just because my character just wouldn't equip a weapon. I keep hitting 1 or 2 and it takes like 2-3 seconds for the animation to actually begin. Just died because of this.
That's the payoff for the speed without a weapon, need to be on the ball and prepared for combat at all times.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
That's the payoff for the speed without a weapon, need to be on the ball and prepared for combat at all times.
Yeah... I kinda find it impressive. It's the only shooter I've played where things like reloading feel like they take a critical chunk of time from me. It feels tactical.

(I don't play many competitive shooters, but it still stands out enough to be significant.)
Is anyone else on PC stuck on the loading screen before the main menu? I've read it has something to do with steam of all things?
Isn't it just the servers getting hammered? It was OK on the first day, but now it always takes a minute to get in and also to get into a match.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Destiny has top tier gunplay but this isn't far behind imo. Not sure how you can actually think the guns feel the same. They vary so much by spread, damage, and recoil. I personally love the ttk. We have enough games with quick ttk, let there be something different
Actually, I too would prefer ttk to be more consistently on the longer side. The way I perceive it, the problem is caused inaccurate hitboxes combined with high character movement speeds, especially in close range.

EDIT: Do we know if the game uses hitscan, or is it projectile-based?

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to get back to back wins earlier today which felt great. Also managed to down somebody from a distance of 336m yesterday with the Kraber, which earnt me a nice shiny badge to show off haha!
Amazed this game is free to play, it's so well made and a hell of a lot of fun to play.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Man I really suck at this game. I take forever to down someone else, and yet it seems even with shields and whatnot I get downed super quickly. Pretty frustrating.
I found the same...what helped me was slow down....focus on being hard to see and always take extra time to look around at your surroundings. Easier to get the jump on someone if they don't see you lol. I only sprint in the open now when necessary

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Yea, I think I'm out until they do something with the shooting, because imo it's all over the place right now.

Crazy talk, this game and all games Respawn have made have some of the best shooting mechanics. The variety in TTK you're finding is because of the armour system.

Actually, I too would prefer ttk to be more consistently on the longer side. The way I perceive it, the problem is caused inaccurate hitboxes combined with high character movement speeds, especially in close range.

EDIT: Do we know if the game uses hitscan, or is it projectile-based?

All the weapons are projectile based and you need to lead targets if they're moving, that'll be where your issue with hitboxes is coming from.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I don't get Peacekeeper. I just don't get it. The exact same shots do 100+ damage in one situation and 10 in the next.
Mods for the peacekeeper/holding to charge it make a huge difference in terms of all of the pellets hitting or just one. I think if all hit the head its like 160+ damage. It's a high skill weapon-hit your shots and its among the best in the game, miss and you'll be really vulnerable.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does everyone have the same health or are characters like Gibraltar tougher?

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's all good advice. I'm not new to BR's but I'm a middle of the road player. 30 wins in Blackout, around 27 in PUBG and almost 40 in H1Z1. (It's kinda easy though)

My issue in Apex is that I'm taking a while to get used to the guns. Snipers work great and shotguns are sweet but rifles and SMGs get me in trouble and mid-range is where I shine in most games. It's hard for me to push with absolute confidence.

I've also had to slow down a bit in fights. Blackout makes you be a coke-head ninja at all times to stay in the fight and not healing/shooting/power sliding at all times, all at once is awkward.

Wingman Wingman Wingman. It thrives at mid range. Best pistol I've used since Halo 1.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yea, I kinda stopped picking it up depending on the alternatives available. It's certainly won me some games and I definitely get my ass clapped by it often enough, but it feels super inconsistent.

I had a game where I was standing at the top of the spine on skull town and shot someone on the ground (had to have been 150 meters at least) for 87, then I dropped down into the town and shot a dude standing dead ass still at like 20 meters and it did 10.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I kinda stopped picking it up depending on the alternatives available. It's certainly won me some games and I definitely get my ass clapped by it often enough, but it feels super inconsistent.

I had a game where I was standing at the top of the spine on skull town and shot someone on the ground (had to have been 150 meters at least) for 87, then I dropped down into the town and shot a dude standing dead ass still at like 20 meters and it did 10.

My best theory is just that it's how many flechettes are hitting the head but with helmets reducing that damage

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
saw this on twitter:

Dy8j1gGVsAAbzmU.jpg:large

smh IGN, they bash apex then learn that its popular so they change their wording. Bunch of 'yes men' that say whatever agrees with the mainstream narrative. Its kinda also why I think they bashed Crackdown 3 in their previews.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Is there any way to report players? I've had some issues over voice-chat of people being very crass and offensive. Just last game I was playing Mirage and was being referred to as an n-word throughout until I muted them. Thankfully Respawn has made muting people easy, for that I'm thankful, but is there a report option?

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
PSA: DO NOT LINK YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT TO APEX

To anyone who is having an infinite load bug on PC, the only fix I have found is to go through your internet history and find the initial link where you attached your steam account to Apex. Once there, you have to make a new steam account and attach that one. Otherwise you will have that infinite loading bug forever. It is a massive pain, but I can finally play again on PC. For everyone's sake here, DO NOT attach your steam account to Apex until they fix this!

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
saw this on twitter:

smh IGN, they bash apex then learn that its popular so they change their wording. Bunch of 'yes men' that say whatever agrees with the mainstream narrative. Its kinda also why I think they bashed Crackdown 3 in their previews.
Eeeh. Who cares. Was their first tweet really off the mark? It's not exactly crucifying the game lol.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
saw this on twitter:

Dy8j1gGVsAAbzmU.jpg:large

??? Their 1st tweet is outright positive what the hell are you on about

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Just lost a game where the last team glitched outside the map somehow and I died from the final ring closing, all while shooting at nothing.

Great way to end a 13 kill game :/

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"bash" was the wrong word, but they defidently changed the wording of the tweet to fit the popular narrative. 1st tweet says it brings nothing new to the table, then 2nd says it stands out amound the others? cmon...

These 2 statements are not mutually exclusive. I agree the game brings more to the genre than their 1st tweet implies, but it's still wrong to say they pivoted or changed gears. The tweets literally just read like a quick 1st impression versus putting some more time

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
The game is growing in popularity exponentially and this is its first weekend. Of course there are going to be hiccups. It's a free to play game why are you tweeting at the devs, they've already acknowledged several issues and are working on it.

I didn't see any official acknowledgement. If there was great, doesn't stop me from being able to voice my issues/concerns. I also created a topic on the support site filled with individuals whom have had these issues longer than I whom feel ignored. Weirdly there has been an effort to downplay concerns people are having (at least on Reddit). So I'll use any channel available to communicate that to the devs for greater visibility thanks.

Last edited:

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of Flatline, had some really good games with it. Just needs one of the larger magazines to really get going.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Two character selections in a row that I dropped out because we didn't have a third player. What gives?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Funny thing they called the gun "Triple Take". In Titanfall 2 it was the Double Take which fires two shots, but players later discovered it actually fires 3, the third and middle projectile just does not have a trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.